Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393507 times)

Offline YAB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #510 on: May 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM »
Hi guys! 

You may send your shipment to JAC-NJ office:

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NJ
               c/o JET CREUS / Company Name or Your name
               717 Newark Ave., Jersey City
               NEW JERSEY 07306
               Tel.  #  (201) 659 5152
               Fax  #  (201) 653 5969

NJ offers the lowest sales tax as advised by Jet.  There are instances where your sales tax is waived in NJ but it depends with your supplier. 

Please understand that the increase on the rates is inevitable.  As it is, 21.5% na ang fuel surcharge on top of the airfreight charges we are paying the airlines.  Habol lang namin yung volume ng shipment kasi kaya pa naming i-maintain yung rates.

If you have other concerns, please call or e-mail us directly.

Thank you very much!  Hopefully, the "YOU SHOP, WE SHIP" website will be running by August, 2008.  Medyo matagal kasi kasama na doon yung tracking service so you may trace your package on-line.  Pero siyempre, puwede pa rin kaming tawagan or i-text for status.

We need you on our formal launching so see you there, PinoyDVD members! ;)

Aura B.   

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2008 at 11:17 AM »
Hi guys! 

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NJ
               NEW JERSEY 07306
               Tel.  #  (201) 659 5152
               Fax  #  (201) 653 5969

NJ offers the lowest sales tax as advised by Jet.  There are instances where your sales tax is waived in NJ but it depends with your supplier. 

Please understand that the increase on the rates is inevitable.  As it is, 21.5% na ang fuel surcharge on top of the airfreight charges we are paying the airlines.  Habol lang namin yung volume ng shipment kasi kaya pa naming i-maintain yung rates.

Thank you very much!  Hopefully, the "YOU SHOP, WE SHIP" website will be running by August, 2008.  Medyo matagal kasi kasama na doon yung tracking service so you may trace your package on-line.  Pero siyempre, puwede pa rin kaming tawagan or i-text for status.

Aura B.   

Thanks for the advisory Aura.  More power to you and your team!  ;)
Jasper

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2008 at 04:36 PM »
Hi guys! 

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NJ
               NEW JERSEY 07306
               Tel.  #  (201) 659 5152
               Fax  #  (201) 653 5969

Aura B.   

Thanks sa tip. Sa NJ na lang ako magapadala. :)

Kita tayo sa launching nyo - virtual presence.  ;D
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2008 at 05:22 PM »
Thank you Ms Aura for sorting out my oversized box problem (Amazon box full of paper). The discount you gave helped a lot. Looking forward again to ship through your services.

Offline rendorats

• Apprentice
  • garage sale inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 09:25 AM »
Thanks for the updated info Ms. Aura.  I'll be availing JAC's services around next month  8)

Offline wakka05

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 01:18 PM »
mga ilang LB ang isang Blu ray disc with case? thanks!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #516 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:52 PM »
Hi guys!  Aura Black here,  :)  Allow me to thank all of you for your continued support on JOHNNY AIR's services.  And Mr. DFD, thank you very much for making this site available for us. 

I want to make this short and simple as possible to make it clear for everyone interested with our services:

1.  Your shipment is not limited to DVDs as long as the item is not restricted, prohibited or banned.
2.  Your special rate as a PINOYDVD member applies to shipments forwarded to JAC-NY and JAC-HK (we have branches in LAX & SFO).
3.  Yes, JAC-HK exists run by 1 staff, Eric Manuel.  Suppliers / forwarders must call his mobile first prior to any deliveries.
4.  Minimum of 1 lb. per invoice at $ 6.00/lb + discounted handling fee of $ 5.00 for a week's shipment from JAC-NY (received from Monday to Saturday).
5.  Please register first to avail of the special rates. Kindly ask for the TSA FORM at our Makati Head office or at JAC- Megamall branch.  Inform them you are a PINOYDVD member. 
6.  We may e-mail you the forms, rates and procedures if it is more convenient.  Simply text your e-mail address to 0917-8280788 / 0917-3897434.  Or e-mail us at [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]  However, you still have to download, print and submit said TSA form with photocopies of 2 valid I.D.s.
7.  If your shipment is not expensive nor highly taxable but bulky & heavy, we still offer a discount on the weight charges.  JAC rates are flexible.  We just need to be informed.
8. Last, marunong po akong mag-tagalog kaya huwag kayong mahiya, pangalan ko lang ang imported  ;)

We welcome comments and suggestions because we still need to improve our craft.  And watch out for the launching of  JOHNNY AIR's online shopping solutions - "YOU SHOP, WE SHIP".  Everything will be done on-line, even the registration - simple and fast.

Hope to see you guys on this formal launching.

Maraming maraming salamat po...

Aura B.

Hi Aura,

I would just like to clarify something.  I ordered a DVD player from OPPO lately and had it shipped to JAC NY.  I got the package this AM.  My question is, is it standard for you to charge an additional $50.00 as handling fee for electronics?  There was no mention kasi sa guidelines nyo as shown above.  The DVD player weighed 10 lbs, so I expected to pay only 10x6 + 5 = $65 + 12% VAT for the shipment.  I was charged $140 (10x7.50 + 50.00 [handling fee] + $15 [VAT]) and was given a discount of $40, so I paid only $100.00.  I dunno if typographical error lang yong $50.00 na handling fee.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:56 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 10:28 PM »
I dunno if typographical error lang yong $50.00 na handling fee.

??? Hope this gets clarified Jun. Otherwise mejo it may end up confusing other prospective buyers.
Do keep us posted bro.

mga ilang LB ang isang Blu ray disc with case? thanks!

This was already posted before and I made it my rule of thumb since.  Not 100% accurate but comes real close, di pa naman ako sina-sablay sa aking weight estimation.
4 BDs = 1 lb.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 02:58 AM »
Regret to hear that oReOsHaKe. Whoa.... $50.00 handling fee, that's too much eh! :o :-\

Hope Aura can clarify & sort out this matter...now I'm getting worried. My same package supposed to arrive anytime now. :-[

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 08:41 AM »
I already had about 20 shipments thru JAC, big and small packages. Nung una medyo mahal, pero lately they give me discounts  :)
If you have questions re. their charges, dont hesitate to ask for a discount. Mabait silang kausap  :D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:56 AM »
Regret to hear that oReOsHaKe. Whoa.... $50.00 handling fee, that's too much eh! :o :-\

Hope Aura can clarify & sort out this matter...now I'm getting worried. My same package supposed to arrive anytime now. :-[

Aura is trying to clarify with JAC NY why I was charged $50 handling fee when this is only applicable to laptops daw..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 06:31 PM »
I see...there's hope for a refund as they could have made a mistake. Fingers crossed. :)

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 07:34 PM »
Sa mga packaged online Cd orders ko wala naman prob sa JAC.  Very happy.
I got something in transit hehehe
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #523 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 09:32 PM »
Could be a paper error. Hope you get a refund.

Incidentally, my latest order got delayed after I got a call from JAC informing me that the Transportation Security Authority (TSA) was inspecting the latest batch of shipments. I'm not exactly sure what that means though since the only reference to a TSA that I could find was to an agency that secures passenger transportation. I may have gotten the acronym wrong though.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #524 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 09:47 PM »
TSA - Transporation Security Administation.

TSA clears and checks all items/shipments wether as a passenger baggage or as a cargo, as long as it is taking a flight. Cargo flights are also under the TSA.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #525 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 10:53 PM »
Okay that TSA is the US agency that's under the jurisdiction of Homeland Security. Yikes. I thought JAC was referring to the local Philippine TSA counterpart.

Frankly this is the first time that this kind of delay has affected one of my JAC forwarded orders.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 at 05:25 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #526 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:49 PM »
Could be a paper error. Hope you get a refund.

I got a refund which will be credited to my next shipment.  Handling fee was reduced to $5.00 from $50.00.  Thanks to Aura for the prompt response to my concern.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2008 at 04:34 PM by oReOsHaKe »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:27 PM »
Good to hear that oReOsHaKe!  ;)

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Jun 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM »
Just got my cd package from JAC.

3 working days delivery.  SWEET!!!!

Happing Happy na naman.  Di ko tuloy malaman ano papakinggan ko hehehe

Thanks to Miss Leiden, Aura and the rest of JAC for a job well done!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2008 at 12:31 PM by AICRAG »
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline wickedmonicker

• Collector
  • Mrs Tom Welling
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 03:34 AM »
Anu yung address sa JAC-HK???? Hongkong ba to?? hehehe
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2008 at 03:35 AM by wickedmonicker »
App-aholic!!!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #530 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 02:28 PM »
??? Hope this gets clarified Jun. Otherwise mejo it may end up confusing other prospective buyers.
Do keep us posted bro.

This was already posted before and I made it my rule of thumb since.  Not 100% accurate but comes real close, di pa naman ako sina-sablay sa aking weight estimation.
4 BDs = 1 lb.

talaga! got my matrix trilogy hddvd, 3 disc lang ito, pero it was assessed as 2 lbs, kaya $12+$5 ang bayad ko, can we have it weigh doon sa receiving center before paying? sayang din yung $6 if ever.  :(

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 02:47 PM »
talaga! got my matrix trilogy hddvd, 3 disc lang ito, pero it was assessed as 2 lbs, kaya $12+$5 ang bayad ko, can we have it weigh doon sa receiving center before paying? sayang din yung $6 if ever.  :(

I suspect the reason may be that the Matrix trilogy has special packaging - an extra hard sleeve. Pampabigat din yun.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 03:50 PM »
I have doubts already with the way they weight it. As per my experience, my last shipment which consist of 2 bottle vitamins and 3 pcs. blue ray weigh more than my previous which has same contents of 2 bottles of the same brand and same 3 pcs. blu ray. when i inquire regarding this matter since i have doubts. The guy told me they use volume weight. ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 04:20 PM »
I have doubts already with the way they weight it. As per my experience, my last shipment which consist of 2 bottle vitamins and 3 pcs. blue ray weigh more than my previous which has same contents of 2 bottles of the same brand and same 3 pcs. blu ray. when i inquire regarding this matter since i have doubts. The guy told me they use volume weight. ??? ??? ??? ???

Ay! Inconsistent nga.  :P

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #534 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 08:32 PM »
Ay! Inconsistent nga.  :P

hirap ng ganon, $6 din lagi ang difference nun, almost 3 hundred din yun, 5 liters of gasoline din yun.  :D :D :D

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 09:17 PM »

JAC-HK address: {Please see Reply #505 of this thread} 
MAN SHING 320, Lockheart Road, Wan Chai, HK
Mobile # 98668333
Contact person: Eric Manuel

HTH  ;D
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 09:30 PM »

They calculate the volume weight and get the actual weight.  They will calculate the shipping fee using the weight that is higher.  So if your package is bulky but lightweight, they will still calculate the shipping fee using the volume weight. 

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #537 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:56 AM »

If the box/packaging used for the 2 shipments were of the same size . . . naku malabo nga yan.

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #538 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 01:34 AM »

Hi Wicked! ;D

It's actually in the U.S.

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NJ
NEW JERSEY 07306
Tel.  #  (201) 659 5152
Fax  #  (201) 653 5969

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: Jun 27, 2008 at 06:44 PM »
JAC is really inconsistent.  I have 2 packages from Amazon arrived at the same week.  They (JAC-SM Megamall) charged me the ff:

2 single disc dvds in small package - 2lbs @$6.50/lbs + VAT + handling fee
      1 dvd game in small package - 2lbs @$6.50/lbs + VAT + handling fee

To sum it, I paid almost Php 1.7k for the above shipments.

Did JAC increased they courier service/s?  I usually order from Amazon.com bi-weekly so I will pay 3,400Php/month shipping fees for 4 dvd movies & 2 dvd games.  Can anyone (JAC/PDVD Members) help me to confirm if this is the correct rate? Thanks.