Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393507 times)

Offline taurus_cute

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #630 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 09:59 AM »
TO MY PAL STREETSMART: I would like to know whom did you purchased your Blu Ray player from the US, what is its voltage and how much did JAC charges you in handling for that. I'm mulling taking the same route too but has no previous experience with JAC's policy on heavy-set electronics. Gratefull for your answer. Taurus.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #631 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 10:52 AM »
TO MY PAL STREETSMART: I would like to know whom did you purchased your Blu Ray player from the US, what is its voltage and how much did JAC charges you in handling for that. I'm mulling taking the same route too but has no previous experience with JAC's policy on heavy-set electronics. Gratefull for your answer. Taurus.

I bought a Panasonic DMP-BD30 from Amazon. Its 110 volts. Total shipping fee of JAC was around P2,500.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline softtouch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #632 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 03:44 PM »
To get all in one post, without the need to read the whole 22 pages, pls. explain in simple steps what to do exactly when I want to order from let s say Amazon or whoever and want it delivered by JAC tax free?
I see everywhere it shall be shipped to JAC, with my name after the c/o, but how does it arrived at my address? How do they know my address?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #633 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 04:04 PM »
To get all in one post, without the need to read the whole 22 pages, pls. explain in simple steps what to do exactly when I want to order from let s say Amazon or whoever and want it delivered by JAC tax free?
I see everywhere it shall be shipped to JAC, with my name after the c/o, but how does it arrived at my address? How do they know my address?

You will have to register with JAC.  You will put your information there.

You will have to coordinate with your JAC contact person diyan sa place nyo.  He can have it delivered door to door (with additional fee) or you can pick it up at the JAC branch near your place.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2008 at 04:05 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #634 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 04:18 PM »

1. register with jac (megamall or makati branch) to get special pdvd price
2. order from amazon then have the goods ship to jac new jersey address (will be provided to you once you register with jac, or you can back read)
3. jac will in turn ship your goods from their east coast, u.s. office to the philippines (you will have to specify when you register where you want the goods ship, jac makati or jac megamall)
4. jac will text you that your package has arrived, so you can pick it up.
5. this can be an extra step, if you are not from metro manila, you will have to have it ship to your provincial address via door to door service (as doc oreo said with extra fee).

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #635 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 04:30 PM »
1. register with jac (megamall or makati branch) to get special pdvd price
2. order from amazon then have the goods ship to jac new jersey address (will be provided to you once you register with jac, or you can back read)
3. jac will in turn ship your goods from their east coast, u.s. office to the philippines (you will have to specify when you register where you want the goods ship, jac makati or jac megamall)
4. jac will text you that your package has arrived, so you can pick it up.
5. this can be an extra step, if you are not from metro manila, you will have to have it ship to your provincial address via door to door service (as doc oreo said with extra fee).

fortunately there is JAC Davao..  ;D ;D ;D So no extra charge if I pick it up sa office nila dito..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #636 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 04:39 PM »
fortunately there is JAC Davao..  ;D ;D ;D So no extra charge if I pick it up sa office nila dito..

ah ok. thanks doc for the clarification.  ;)

Offline softtouch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #637 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 10:56 AM »
Thanks a lot. I am in Cebu, but we have JAC here in SM. Will visit them shortly.

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #638 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 05:01 PM »

Finally received my 12' hi-power projection screen from JAC!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After 2 1/2 months of  waiting it was delivered to my office in Manila yesterday and a truck brought it home today. It measured 155"x8"x6" and heavy, didn't bother to check the weight, so excited to open it up!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jay

Offline sechiong

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #639 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 08:06 PM »

Finally received my 12' hi-power projection screen from JAC!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After 2 1/2 months of  waiting it was delivered to my office in Manila yesterday and a truck brought it home today. It measured 155"x8"x6" and heavy, didn't bother to check the weight, so excited to open it up!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jay

glad to hear that bro, de pare pareho na tayong happy ;D ;D pero how come it took that long to delivered it to you? ???

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #640 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 10:58 PM »
I bought a Panasonic DMP-BD30 from Amazon. Its 110 volts. Total shipping fee of JAC was around P2,500.

Sir Street, how long did it take before you received the BD player from the time you ordered it? ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #641 on: Sep 19, 2008 at 07:18 AM »
Sir Street, how long did it take before you received the BD player from the time you ordered it? ;D

Around 2 weeks.

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #642 on: Sep 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM »

glad to hear that bro, de pare pareho na tayong happy ;D ;D pero how come it took that long to delivered it to you? ???

I use ocean freight para makamura sa shipping charges. Then transfer pa nila sa New York dahil sobra daw haba yung screen hindi kasya sa van nila kaya nagintay pa ng transpo. Then nakaligtaan ng New York ipa-ship agad kaya ayun 2.5 months inabot.

Pero kahit na ganun well worth ang wait tried it last night without calibrating ganda ng picture cinema 1 & eco mode ang settings gamit ko projector ax100. Super sharp medyo washout lang ang blacks and wag ka tatayo or maglakad from left to right while watching (who would do it anyway).  ;D ;D

jay

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #643 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 12:12 AM »
Around 2 weeks.

Pwede na...2 weeks. Not bad at all! :P

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #644 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM »
My items arrived sept 11 JAC Jersey, until now no update yet.  :(

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #645 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 04:25 PM »
My items arrived sept 11 JAC Jersey, until now no update yet.  :(

You should follow up sa local JAC office. Just give them the tracking #

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #646 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 08:38 PM »
You should follow up sa local JAC office. Just give them the tracking #

Thank you sir Mark, just got the item today.  ;) 

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 09:56 PM by frootloops »

Offline wakka05

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #647 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 10:41 PM »
Thank you sir Mark, just got the item today.  ;) 

Ganito talaga katagal ang shipping? paano malalaman kung in transit na to manila? may mag uupdate ba sayo or may tracking number? thanks!

Akala ko 2 to 3 days lang yun shipping
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM by wakka05 »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #648 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 07:18 AM »
Ganito talaga katagal ang shipping? paano malalaman kung in transit na to manila? may mag uupdate ba sayo or may tracking number? thanks!

Akala ko 2 to 3 days lang yun shipping

Once JAC office in the US gets the item, it normally takes 7 to 10 days before you can claim the item here. Remember that aside from shipping it to Manila, it has to clear customs. It really takes time. And sometimes, for whatever reason, it takes a little longer.

Walang tracking system ang JAC mismo. Kapag lumampas ang 1 week since umabot sa opis nila sa US, pwede ka na follow-up sa local office.

Offline wakka05

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #649 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM »
Thanks!

I assume kase na 2 to 3 days lang kase yun yung nakalagay sa e-mailYun ang sinabi ng johnny air hehe

Transit Time : 2 to 3 business days  5 to 7 business days for bulk shipments

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2008 at 12:00 PM by wakka05 »

Offline wakka05

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #650 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM »
Tumawag ako sa head office ng JAC, pero bat ganun nag riring tapos bigla parang binagsak,,, di ba nila talaga sinasagot yun phone nila  ???

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
« Reply #651 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 10:43 AM »
I have submitted my filled up TSA form last Friday. How long does it usually takes before you guys received your email confirmation? TIA.  :)

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #652 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 11:18 AM »
it could take about a week or so.

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
« Reply #653 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:35 AM »
It's already been a week and no reply yet. I am already excited to try it out. Anyway, will just continue to wait.  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #654 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 12:14 PM »
It's already been a week and no reply yet. I am already excited to try it out. Anyway, will just continue to wait.  ;D

You should follow-up.

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #655 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 06:27 PM »
I need your inputs.  I've never tried JAC and I plan to order blu-ray discs from amazon.  From your experience, ilang discs/shipment ba usually ang ino-order ninyo para masulit ang shipping charge?  Let's say I want to order 9 blu-ray discs, should I have them shipped as 1 package or divide them in 3 orders (3 discs/order).  Pa-advise na rin usual charges sa inyo in Peso.  Thanks

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #656 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 06:53 PM »
I need your inputs.  I've never tried JAC and I plan to order blu-ray discs from amazon.  From your experience, ilang discs/shipment ba usually ang ino-order ninyo para masulit ang shipping charge?  Let's say I want to order 9 blu-ray discs, should I have them shipped as 1 package or divide them in 3 orders (3 discs/order).  Pa-advise na rin usual charges sa inyo in Peso.  Thanks

jac charges per pound ($6/ lb) to be safe, 3 bds is roughly a pound so the charge would be 6$+$5(handling fee, this is charge to you on a per shipment basis).

so if you ordered 9 bds, theoretically its 3 pounds, so its $18 + $5 = $23 x P48 = P1104 for the 9 discs. i said theoretical, because sometimes after you order the 9 discs, its not accurate to say that amazon will ship it all together at the same time so once these 9 discs arrives at jac at different times and different packages, thats where the problem begins. so it will definitely be more than 3 pounds now for the 9 discs. and jac ships to the philippines per week. so if one of the packages miss the cut-off there is even a chance that you are going to be charged with additional handling fee.

but the bright side is you can ask jac if they can consolidate your orders (i think for a fee).   

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #657 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 09:18 PM »
I think it's better to ship all your items in one order to minimize the volume weight & handling fee. Yes, if you have more than 1 order, you can ask JAC to wait for them all & send it one time to Phil but then again you have to take the volume weight into consideration. At the end you will be paying more for separate orders.

Also, do clarify with JAC cos if I'm not mistaken there's a min 2 lbs charge. If that's correct then combining all your orders in one is the best option to minimize the fee.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2008 at 09:24 PM by pchin »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2633
« Reply #658 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 09:22 PM »
wala bang tax pag thru JAC? hindi ba ito dadaan ng philippine customs?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #659 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 09:32 PM »
thanks for the inputs iiinas and pchin.  I've ordered dvds from amazon in the past, but I have them shipped to my house by standard mail.  More or less I'm still familiar with their system.  But it's been a while since I last ordered from them, and I hate the fact that sometimes the package gets taxed at the post office, that's why I want to try JAC.  Will probably drop by their office this week to apply so I can try it out.  Actually medyo matagal din ako nawala sa HT scene, but now I've revived this hobby.  So please correct me if I'm wrong.  If I were to order, it's better to order blu-rays (on-stock titles) in multiples of 3 (since 3 blurays = 1 pound)?  So kung 4 blu-rays, most likely $12 na ang charge (since more than 1 pound)?