Author Topic: PinoyDVD TweakTV MySettings  (Read 17124 times)

Offline v1per1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PinoyDVD TweakTV MySettings
« Reply #150 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 03:42 AM »
I just wanted to share the settings that I have been using for my Samsung LN40B530. The settings was really for a L650 but the settings work for me. Been using it for the past 2 months and the PQ is definitely so much better than the standard settings.

I liked the settings in the link i found below because it also included specific settings for the White Balance setting in the TV. Most of the other settings I have found just play around with the usual controls - Brightness, Contrast, Color, Sharpness, etc.

I know that nothing really beats a professionally calibrated screen but since my HT setup is in the bedroom with no controlled light source (my wife likes thin curtains and I have been fighting a losing battle to get her to agree to change to heavy drapes so I can better control the light settings in the room). So this is better than not changing the settings at all or even paying for a calibrator.

Note of caution: I have noticed that if the TV gets unplugged that I have had to set the settings again so its good if you copy the settings down somewhere. I am just thankful that with the technology that goes into the new screens is so much better and energy-efficient even when on stanby. My dad couldn't believe at first that the standby power consumption of my new toy was just <1W.  ;D

Also if your viewing in a bright room, the only thing I change from the settings below is the backlight from 5 to 10 especially if viewing in the day. Though by now, I have adjusted to just viewing at 5 setting for the backlight regardless of the light conditions. Funny thing is that at night, even the 5 settings seems too bright so what they say about adjustment to new settings just takes time is right on the money.

Anyway, enjoy the settings and let us know how they worked for you!

Link: http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtvreviews/samsung-ln46b650-calibration.html

White Balance Settings
Red - Offset   28
Green - Offset   25
Blue - Offset   16
Red - Gain   17
Green - Gain   25
Blue - Gain   21
Picture Settings
Picture Mode:   Movie
Color Temp:   Warm 2
Brightness:   47
Contrast:   95
Color:   49
Tint:   G49/R51
Sharpness:   0
Backlight:   7
Picture Settings
Black Tone:   Off
Dynamic Contrast:   Off
Gamma:   -1
Flesh Tone:   0
Edge Enhancement:   Off
Digital NR:   Auto
HDMI Black Level:   Low
Film Mode:   Off
Auto Motion:   Standard
Blue Only Mode:   Off

Offline boing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: PinoyDVD TweakTV MySettings
« Reply #151 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 12:35 PM »
What settings will make xbox 360 gaming on the panasonic 32c10x better?