Author Topic: HELP pls.: "popping" sound from my speakers  (Read 746 times)

Offline chubbycortex

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HELP pls.: "popping" sound from my speakers
« on: Jun 06, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
I have a newly acquired wharf diamond 9.1.  everything was perfect during audition but when I set it up at home, Ive started hearing weak "pops"or "crakcs" every few seconds. and when I swith on-off my room's light switch, I hear an even louder crack.

I've been advised that these are power surges and wharfedales are sensitive to it such that they produce the sound of these surges. I connected it to a small PC AVR and ganun pa din, was advised by a friend to use a bigger 500W AVR.

anyone who has experienced the same problem? what else can I do po? please advice me.  ???

thank you very much
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007 at 11:32 AM by chubbycortex »

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: HELP pls.: "popping" sound from my speakers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
Try using the radio of the AVR and see if the problem is still there, if not then the CD player could be at fault.

I have a newly acquired wharf diamond 9.1 and Konzert stereo amp. everything was perfect during audition but when I set it up at home, Ive started hearing weak "pops"or "crakcs" every few seconds. and when I swith on-off my room's light switch, I hear an even louder crack.

I've been advised that these are power surges and wharfedales are sensitive to it such that they produce the sound of these surges. I connected it to a small PC AVR and ganun pa din, was advised by a friend to use a bigger 500W AVR.

anyone who has experienced the same problem? what can I do po? please advice me.  ???

thank you very much

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 11:35 AM »
have u tried checking if it is the amp thats causing it?...
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2007 at 04:51 PM by dana »

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
baka may loose connection lang sa electrical ng bahay niyo sir... or maybe a loose ac plug perhaps.

Offline patchoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM »
Good morning po,
If the following has no problem;
1.AVR
2.AMP
3.SPEAKERS
3.SOURCE (CD PLAYER)

Try to check the installation and circuit distribution of your electrical systems.
Basically the circuit for standard outlets must be separated from that of heavy load house hold appliances like washing machine, refrigerators, air conditioning unit etc..

You will notice those pops and cracks when your washing machine is running esp. when in reverse mode. IMHO

Offline joshbonz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:27 AM »
i had the same problem as you have right now sir..

It constantly irritates me before that whenever our neighbor would do her washing chores and has her washing machine spunning around.. (we live in an apartment unit), somehow my speakers would constantly emit popping sound and its very annoying actually... especially when you're in a mood to listen some good quality musics...

I've already installed a different circuit breaker for my audio/videos setups, even putting 2 AVRs and 2 surge protectors to go along w/ it.. but still didnt fix the problem..

what I did finally was to buy a and line conditioner that has a built in surge protector and that finally quieted my speakers.. it toned down the popping sound that up to the point that i seldom cant hear it anymore...

:D
Jojo