Author Topic: My dream theater  (Read 400513 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My dream theater (Xmas 08 upgrade)
« Reply #930 on: Jun 01, 2009 at 05:48 PM »
Sir Mark at al,

It was raining SO HARD! :P Bumaha doon sa LETRE ROAD kaya di na kami tumuloy...sa sobrang inggit ??? ko at inis  >:( nagpunta na lang kami ni kumander sa trinoma at nag SPA. :D hehehe. I believe that the ULTRAs had the same effect though!!! ;) I hope to join you guys the next time. Are the dual servos for sale? hehehe ;D

Hi Angelo! Yes, we missed you. Lots of guys couldn't make it nga dahil sa baha.

Tanong mo na lang si Mike C bout the dual servos.

See u next time!  :)
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline muhlach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #931 on: Jun 03, 2009 at 08:29 AM »
gud am sir mark sayang d ko nabalitaan tong eb na to  :'( :'( :'( anyway congrats to all of u!

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #932 on: Jun 03, 2009 at 12:58 PM »
san na ung ibang pics? ;D

Offline dvdaddict2009

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 07:18 AM »
some shots from yesterday's EB, thanks once again sir Mark! and also to MikeC for letting us hear those much talked about ultras . . . fast, accurate and musical. I'm now a believer.

Gearhead is in the house!!! You're THE MAN!  ;D :o

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
SVS AS-EQ1 review
« Reply #934 on: Oct 03, 2009 at 07:44 AM »
Last April, I was fortunate to be one of the first in the world (thanks to Mike C and to the proximity of the Philippines to Taiwan!) to get hold of an SVS AS-EQ1. This device provides “room correction” technology that is focused on subwoofers.

Why is “room correction” important? That is because no matter how good our equipment is, we listen to it in a particular room and that room (its dimensions, furniture, acoustic treatment or lack of it) will adversely affect the reproduction of sound, especially as it is perceived by the listener. For example, one hears the direct sound from the speakers but then one will also hear the reflected sound as the sound waves bounce against the walls, floors and ceilings - this tends to “muddy” the sound. Also, the dimensions of the room will cause certain frequencies to resonate and sound much stronger than others – these resonant frequencies tend to overpower the other frequencies and make them less clear; you hear less detail.

The AS-EQ1 uses Audyssey MultEQ technology. While some may dismiss MultEQ as just another one of those parametric equalizers, it really is much more than that. I would summarize the features of MultEQ, including its application in the AS-EQ1, as follows:

1. Similar to the function of a parametric equalizer, it flattens the frequency response of your speakers, albeit in a more or less automatic way. You just need to know a couple of tips on where to set the mic and adjust the subwoofer volumes, and there is a huge “Audyssey Set-up Guide” over at AVS Forum for this purpose. As contrasted to the typical parametric equalizer, however, MultEQ uses an Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filter as opposed to the typical Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter. Also, while most parameteric equalizers use a maximum of 9 adjustable bands, MultEQ uses hundreds of taps to produce its filter, thus making it more precise. The flattening of the frequency response has a huge effect on sound quality. It provides more detail and widens the sound stage. When you flatten the frequency response of subwoofers, you may also be surprised that a side effect is that the sound from all your other speakers seems to improve. This is because if your bass is not flat, it can get really loud and then drown out the sound from the mids and highs.

2. MultEQ significantly reduces “ringing” by applying a correction filter, not only for the frequency but also for the time domain. “Ringing” is a phenomenon similar to “ringing a bell.” When you ring a bell, you hear its sound for a very long time because it continues to vibrate (unless you put your hand on it). The same thing happens with sound in a typical room. The energy of certain frequencies (especially bass) will tend to stay in the room for a long time and this is an inaccurate reproduction of that sound. Furthermore, it will contribute to the drowning out of the other frequencies. When you hit a note in a bass guitar and you release your fingers, you should stop hearing sound. If you continue to hear sound because of “ringing”, that is inaccurate. When you reduce “ringing,” the bass notes sound much “tighter.” The sound of the bass drum should be strong, immediate and then stop; it shouldn’t sound “bloated.” MultEQ works like magic in reducing “ringing.”

3. MultEQ provides the accurate distances of each speaker to the listener. This is very important so that the AVR sets the proper delays for the signals to each speaker, which results in the sounds from all speakers arriving to the ears of the listener at the same time. This may sound very simple but for subwoofers, it is not simple at all. The reason is that subwoofers often have internal circuitry which causes a delay in the reproduction of the signal. Thus, the “acoustic” distance of the subwoofer may be farther than its physical distance and this difference may easily be in the area of 6 to 8 feet (which would be a difference in time of 6 to 8 milliseconds, and that’s audible). Without MultEQ, I’m really not sure how one would know the actual “acoustic” distance of the subwoofer and if you don’t get it right, you have that phenomenon of a “slow” sub (the bass notes are delayed). You often hear people say that this sub is “slow” and that sub is “fast.” I think what they really should say is that the subs have differing electronics which add different delays to the sound and which should therefore be properly compensated at the AVR.

4. MultEQ also provides the accurate levels for the various speakers so that their volumes are balanced. This is a relatively simple task for ordinary speakers if you have an SPL meter but not so for subwoofers, which are notoriously difficult to get right. Using an ordinary SPL meter, the reading for the subwoofer may easily be 6 db wrong, and that’s a huge number.

The SVS AS-EQ1 provides all of these MultEQ features, with the addition of its having at least double the filters of ordinary AVR’s, and its capability to handle 2 subs (or more). Setting up two subs, especially if they are not co-located or they are of different brands/models, is very difficult to get right. The AS-EQ1 makes this process rather simple. In my case, I actually have four (4) subwoofers which are grouped into two (2) adjacent pairs. Finally, similar to the AVR versions of MultEQ, the SVS AS-EQ1 requires you to set up a microphone and “ping” the speakers at different positions. While the typical MultEQ AVR version can do 8 positions, the SVS AS-EQ1 allows you to use up to 32 mic positions, which thus results in a more accurate reading of the room characteristics and consequently a more accurate filter.

The procedure for setting up the AS-EQ1 is quite simple, especially if you are used to the MultEQ technology. Lately, there has been some confusion about matching the levels between the subwoofers and the other speakers but this has largely been sorted out at the AVS Forum thread on the AS-EQ1.  

How does my system sound with the AS-EQ1? I think that the improvement has been pretty phenomenal although I guess that some of it has to do with my having 4 subwoofers, because that gives me a lot of flexibility. The AS-EQ1 also makes it easier to experiment with sub positions. The AS-EQ1 shows you the frequency room before and after calibration. Too many people have posted these graphs so I won't bother. Let's just say that the response is nearly perfectly flat from 20 hz to 100 hz, which is perfect for me.

I have always preferred to judge bass quality with music material, rather than movies (explosions, bullets, cannons) because normal people are more familiar with music. We know what a bass guitar or a double bass or bassoon sounds like. I’m not sure many of us have heard a 50-calibre machine gun in real life. Thus, my favorite test material for bass is the HD-DVD of the concert of Cream at the Royal Albert Music Hall in 2005, track 12 (Stormy Monday), starting at 62:45. This is a pretty amazing sequence because Jack Bruce plays a bass guitar sequence, stepping through notes for up to 2 octaves. If those notes have an even sound, the frequency response is pretty flat – and with the AS-EQ1, the notes were incredibly equal in volume. This same track also shows Jack Bruce doing some effects, basically vibrating his fingers. This is quite common for lead guitars and its quite easy to hear the effect in the higher frequencies but for bass guitars, it’s very difficult to notice the effect. With the AS-EQ1, you could ever hear even that nuance – the detail is amazing. Finally, also on the same track, the drummer (Ginger Baker) has some loud thwacks on his drums and with the AS-EQ1, it sounds so tight, with very diminished “ringing.”

Having said this, how does movie material sound? My latest reference is the Bluray of the Incredible Hulk, the scene which includes the pulse cannons. That sequence has a large variety of deep and rich bass sounds – Hulk’s hand hitting glass, Hulk’s feet stomping on the ground, armalite rifles, 50-calibre machine guns, Apache helicopter cannons, pulse cannons, all sorts of crashes, etc. Let’s just say that with the SVS AS-EQ1, you can feel tremendous bass volume and depth. It is so strong that the room pressurizes so you can feel the bass. Yet, you can still hear a lot of other sounds clearly, including dialogue. The bass is balanced, it doesn’t overpower the other frequencies.

Overall, the SVS AS-EQ1 is a great product. Worth every cent.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 11:31 AM by streetsmart »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: SVS AS-EQ1 review
« Reply #935 on: Oct 03, 2009 at 11:12 AM »
Last April, I was fortunate to be one of the first in the world (thanks to Mike C and to the proximity of the Philippines to Taiwan!) to get hold of an SVS AS-EQ1. This device provides “room correction” technology that is focused on subwoofers.

Why is “room correction” important? That is because no matter how good our equipment is, we listen to it in a particular room and that room (its dimensions, furniture, acoustic treatment or lack of it) will adversely affect the reproduction of sound, especially as it is perceived by the listener. For example, one hears the direct sound from the speakers but then one will also hear the reflected sound as the sound waves bounce against the walls, floors and ceilings - this tends to “muddy” the sound. Also, the dimensions of the room will cause certain frequencies to resonate and sound much stronger than others – these resonant frequencies tend to overpower the other frequencies and make them less clear; you hear less detail.

The AS-EQ1 uses Audyssey MultEQ technology. While some may dismiss MultEQ as just another one of those parametric equalizers, it really is much more than that. I would summarize the features of MultEQ, including its application in the AS-EQ1, as follows:

1. Similar to the function of a parametric equalizer, it flattens the frequency response of your speakers, albeit in a more or less automatic way. You just need to know a couple of tips on where to set the mic and adjust the subwoofer volumes, and there is a huge “Audyssey Set-up Guide” over at AVS Forum for this purpose. As contrasted to the typical parametric equalizer, however, MultEQ uses an Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filter as opposed to the typical Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter. Also, while most parameteric equalizers use a maximum of 9 adjustable bands, MultEQ uses hundreds of taps to produce its filter, thus making it more precise. The flattening of the frequency response has a huge effect on sound quality. It provides more detail and widens the sound stage. When you flatten the frequency response of subwoofers, you may also be surprised that a side effect is that the sound from all your other speakers seems to improve. This is because if your bass is not flat, it can get really loud and then drown out the sound from the mids and highs.

2. MultEQ significantly reduces “ringing” by applying a correction filter, not only for the frequency but also for the time domain. “Ringing” is a phenomenon similar to “ringing a bell.” When you ring a bell, you hear its sound for a very long time because it continues to vibrate (unless you put your hand on it). The same thing happens with sound in a typical room. The energy of certain frequencies (especially bass) will tend to stay in the room for a long time and this is an inaccurate reproduction of that sound. Furthermore, it will contribute to the drowning out of the other frequencies. When you hit a note in a bass guitar and you release your fingers, you should stop hearing sound. If you continue to hear sound because of “ringing”, that is inaccurate. When you reduce “ringing,” the bass notes sound much “tighter.” The sound of the bass drum should be strong, immediate and then stop; it shouldn’t sound “bloated.” MultEQ works like magic in reducing “ringing.”

3. MultEQ provides the accurate distances of each speaker to the listener. This is very important so that the AVR sets the proper delays for the signals to each speaker, which results in the sounds from all speakers arriving to the ears of the listener at the same time. This may sound very simple but for subwoofers, it is not simple at all. The reason is that subwoofers often have internal circuitry which causes a delay in the reproduction of the signal. Thus, the “acoustic” distance of the subwoofer may be farther than its physical distance and this difference may easily be in the area of 6 to 8 feet (which would be a difference in time of 6 to 8 milliseconds, and that’s audible). Without MultEQ, I’m really not sure how one would know the actual “acoustic” distance of the subwoofer and if you don’t get it right, you have that phenomenon of a “slow” sub (the bass notes are delayed). You often hear people say that this sub is “slow” and that sub is “fast.” I think what they really should say is that the subs have differing electronics which add different delays to the sound and which should therefore be properly compensated at the AVR.

4. MultEQ also provides the accurate levels for the various speakers so that their volumes are balanced. This is a relatively simple task for ordinary speakers if you have an SPL meter but not so for subwoofers, which are notoriously difficult to get right. Using an ordinary SPL meter, the reading for the subwoofer may easily be 6 db wrong, and that’s a huge number.

The SVS AS-EQ1 provides all of these MultEQ features, with the addition of its having at least double the filters of ordinary AVR’s, and its capability to handle 2 subs (or more). Setting up two subs, especially if they are not co-located or they are of different brands/models, is very difficult to get right. The AS-EQ1 makes this process rather simple. In my case, I actually have four (4) subwoofers which are grouped into two (2) adjacent pairs. Finally, similar to the AVR versions of MultEQ, the SVS AS-EQ1 requires you to set up a microphone and “ping” the speakers at different positions. While the typical MultEQ AVR version can do 8 positions, the SVS AS-EQ1 allows you to use up to 32 mic positions, which thus results in a more accurate reading of the room characteristics and consequently a more accurate filter.

The procedure for setting up the AS-EQ1 is quite simple, especially if you are used to the MultEQ technology. Lately, there has been some confusion about matching the levels between the subwoofers and the other speakers but this has largely been sorted out at the AVS Forum thread on the AS-EQ1. 

How does my system sound with the AS-EQ1? I think that the improvement has been pretty phenomenal although I guess that some of it has to do with my having 4 subwoofers, because that gives me a lot of flexibility. The AS-EQ1 also makes it easier to experiment with sub positions. The AS-EQ1 shows you the frequency room before and after calibration. Too many people have posted these graphs so I won't bother. Let's just say that the response is nearly perfectly flat from 20 hz to 100 hz, which is perfect for me.

I have always preferred to judge bass quality with music material, rather than movies (explosions, bullets, cannons) because normal people are more familiar with music. We know what a bass guitar or a double bass or bassoon sounds like. I’m not sure many of us have heard a 50-calibre machine gun in real life. Thus, my favorite test material for bass is the HD-DVD of the concert of Cream at the Royal Albert Music Hall in 2005, track 12 (Stormy Monday), starting at 62:45. This is a pretty amazing sequence because Jack Bruce plays a bass guitar sequence, stepping through notes for up to 2 octaves. If those notes have an even sound, the frequency response is pretty flat – and with the AS-EQ1, the notes were incredibly equally equal in volume. This same track also shows Jack Bruce doing some effects, basically vibrating his fingers. This is quite common for lead guitars and its quite easy to hear the effect in the higher frequencies but for bass guitars, it’s very difficult to notice the effect. With the AS-EQ1, you could ever hear even that nuance – the detail is amazing. Finally, also on the same track, the drummer (Ginger Baker) has some loud thwacks on his drums and with the AS-EQ1, it sounds so tight, with very diminished “ringing.”

Having said this, how does movie material sound? My latest reference is the Bluray of the Incredible Hulk, the scene which includes the pulse cannons. That sequence has a large variety of deep and rich bass sounds – Hulk’s hand hitting glass, Hulk’s feet stomping on the ground, armalite rifles, 50-calibre machine guns, Apache helicopter cannons, pulse cannons, all sorts of crashes, etc. Let’s just say that with the SVS AS-EQ1, you can feel tremendous bass volume and depth. It is so strong that the room pressurizes so you can feel the bass. Yet, you can still hear a lot of other sounds clearly, including dialogue. The bass is balanced, it doesn’t overpower the other frequencies.

nice read bro  :)
learned new things again today  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: My dream theater (SVS AS-EQ1 review)
« Reply #936 on: Oct 03, 2009 at 11:37 PM »
great review sir mark!

i'll make sure to inform you as soon as a new firmware is available :)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Oct 04, 2009 at 07:58 AM »
great review sir mark!

i'll make sure to inform you as soon as a new firmware is available :)

Thanks. Actually, matagal ko na pinag-iisipan at ginagawa ang review. Kahapon ko lang natapos. Utang ko ito sa iyo.

Next review -- PB12-NSD.

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: SVS AS-EQ1 review
« Reply #938 on: Oct 04, 2009 at 12:40 PM »

I have always preferred to judge bass quality with music material, rather than movies (explosions, bullets, cannons) because normal people are more familiar with music. We know what a bass guitar or a double bass or bassoon sounds like. I’m not sure many of us have heard a 50-calibre machine gun in real life. Thus, my favorite test material for bass is the HD-DVD of the concert of Cream at the Royal Albert Music Hall in 2005, track 12 (Stormy Monday), starting at 62:45. This is a pretty amazing sequence because Jack Bruce plays a bass guitar sequence, stepping through notes for up to 2 octaves. If those notes have an even sound, the frequency response is pretty flat – and with the AS-EQ1, the notes were incredibly equally equal in volume. This same track also shows Jack Bruce doing some effects, basically vibrating his fingers. This is quite common for lead guitars and its quite easy to hear the effect in the higher frequencies but for bass guitars, it’s very difficult to notice the effect. With the AS-EQ1, you could ever hear even that nuance – the detail is amazing. Finally, also on the same track, the drummer (Ginger Baker) has some loud thwacks on his drums and with the AS-EQ1, it sounds so tight, with very diminished “ringing.”

Great reviews Sir Mark!
 ;D
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 09:41 AM »
Great reviews Sir Mark!
 ;D

Thanks, Alvin! It took me a long time to write that review. Meron pang ibang review na darating.  :) :)

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #940 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 10:35 AM »
Thanks, Alvin! It took me a long time to write that review. Meron pang ibang review na darating.  :) :)

Favor naman Sir Mark...if you get a chance, please PM your graph to me...the one that shows your 20hz to 100hz range.

TIA Chief.  ;D
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 01:07 PM »
Favor naman Sir Mark...if you get a chance, please PM your graph to me...the one that shows your 20hz to 100hz range.

TIA Chief.  ;D

I will need to learn how to do that ... But basically, it's almost completely flat for that entire range.

I'm not really excited about it because its not really an actual graph of the post-eq. Its a theoretical graph of some kind of average of the mic positions. In any case, some people have done actual graphs which confirm the theoretical graph.

Also, the frequency response curve is only one indication of the sq. In fact, if you do only one mic position with Audyssey, the curve will be perfectly flat but will sound bad.

At the end of the day, the main thing is the listening test. You should be able to hear the distinct improvement.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
SVS PB12-NSD review
« Reply #942 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 03:48 PM »
I recently got an SVS PB-12 NSD from Mike C. and I’m very happy with it.

This makes my fourth subwoofer, and you might wonder why I have so many. It’s not because I like to collect subs, it’s just that the more the subs, the better the bass. Of all the sound frequencies, the most difficult to tame is bass. Firstly, you have to contend with room modes, which are dependent on the dimensions of the room. Each room mode can give you a huge bass peak which drowns out the rest of the frequencies, including dialogue. Second, the bass frequencies are more prone to audible “ringing” or a slow decay of the sound because it is bouncing around your room. This tends to “muddy” the sound, the opposite of a “tight” bass.

It’s long been determined that the more subs you have, the flatter will be your frequency response because there is a tendency for the peak of one sub to cancel out the dip of another sub. There have also been a lot of experiments as to the best locations for 2 subs and for 4 subs. At the end of the day, however, there are many other constraints which prevent you from selecting just any location for your subs. In my case, I can’t really locate my subs at the rear because when we have an EB, most people stay at the back and they would be too close to the subs at the rear. In the end, I put the Velo at the right corner and the Paradigm beside it, while the other Paradigm is at the left corner with the SVS beside it. There are various opinions on whether or not it is advisable to locate a sub at a corner. In my case, I determined that with just one sub, it’s not good. With 3 subs, you can locate one at the corner and with 4 subs, you can locate 2 subs at the corners. You just need to experiment in your particular room.

I previously had just one sub for my big HT (volume of more than 6500 cubic feet) – a Velodyne HGS-15 sealed sub. It’s a pretty good sub but with the size of the room, the bass was anemic. You know that your bass is powerful when your seat vibrates. You know that your bass kicks ass when it pressurizes the room and you feel your pants move.

So, I bought a 2nd big sealed sub – a Paradigm Servo-15 V2. With a 2nd sub, I distinctly recall that it flattened the frequency response so that the bass frequencies were more even in volume. Also, I could finally feel my seat vibrating. At this time, I also installed seven (7) big broadband absorbers in the HT and this tightened the bass (reduced ringing).

A few months later, my Velodyne started to act up so I bought my 3rd sub – another Paradigm Servo-15 and then let my Velodyne rest.

Subsequently, I purchased the SVS AS-EQ1 room correction for bass (which is described in a prior post), which improved the bass even further – tighter bass, flatter frequency response.

I had the Velodyne repaired by DIY_Master and it is now working well, as long as its volume is not too high. So I paired it with one of the Paradigms, through a Y-connector, stuck it in a corner and calibrated everything with the SVS AS-EQ1. To my pleasant surprise, the bass improved even further.

Finally, since my other Paradigm was lonely and had no companion, I decided to try out the SVS PB-12 NSD. I tried out this model because its frequency response is pretty similar to my other subs. Flat from 20 hz (and even lower) to 100 hz. I also felt that I would not need the next bigger model (PB-13) because it was a fourth sub and would not require much volume. I wasn’t sure if the addition of a 4th sub was going to provide any improvement at all and fortunately, Mike C. graciously allowed me to test it first. To my pleasant surprise, there was a pretty big improvement which is most noticeable in scenes with strong and deep bass. Now, the room has started to shake (and I still need to determine and cure the source of the shaking) and is pressurized (you can tell because your pants start to move). Even with music material, there was a definite improvement – the frequency response is even flatter than before. My conclusion is that the SVS PB-12 NSD is a great sub.

Maybe just one last note on bass: Proper bass management is essential. All speakers should be “small,” thus sending the bass frequencies to the subs. The LPF of the sub should be set at 120 hz or higher.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 11:20 AM by streetsmart »

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: My dream theater (SVS AS-EQ1 and PB12-NSD review)
« Reply #943 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Congrats Sir on the new acquisition!

Master and Commander Cannonbal exchange, Landing in Flight of the Phoenix or Pulse Cannons in Incredible Hulk can only get better :o :o :o
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #944 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 02:51 AM »
CONGRATS sir mark!

hope to be able to see, hear and feel your new set-up!

may pa raffle ka ba this coming xmas party ;D

You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 06:57 AM »
CONGRATS sir mark!

hope to be able to see, hear and feel your new set-up!

may pa raffle ka ba this coming xmas party ;D

Hehe! Lapit na Pasko!  :) :)

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #946 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 11:12 AM »
Hibang klase talaga kayo ninong este sir Mark!  ;D

congrats po!

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #947 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 12:56 PM »
whoa ! another top notch addition to your system sir mark! Congrats sir!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 01:04 PM »
Congrats Sir Mark!!!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
Hibang klase talaga kayo ninong este sir Mark!  ;D

congrats po!

whoa ! another top notch addition to your system sir mark! Congrats sir!

Congrats Sir Mark!!!

Salamat, mga kaibigan!  :)

Lapit na pasko EB. Nagpagawa na ako ng 12 additional chairs.  ;D ;D

Marvin, practice ka na ng karaoke.  ;D

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #950 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 01:12 PM »
PB-12 pala ang missing link sa Servos mo sir Mark.

Glad to hear about the improvements congrats po!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 01:21 PM »
PB-12 pala ang missing link sa Servos mo sir Mark.

Glad to hear about the improvements congrats po!

Hi Luther! Amazingly, yes.

I find it strange because whether you have 2, 3 or 4 subs, the frequency response curve will all be quite similar -- quite flat from 20 hz to 100+ hz. In addition, the SPL of the 4 subs should be the exactly the same as the 2 subs because in both cases, they are calibrated to 75 db at Master Volume=0. With 4 subs, the volume knob of your subs is really low.

Therefore, you would think there would not be any difference in SPL at the lower frequencies or deeper extension of bass. Yet, that is exactly what I hear ... much more powerful (yet tight) bass at lower frequencies and an apparently deeper bass.

Kagawad Iiinas heard the new system this weekend and he was quite surprised. Big difference nga raw.

Now, is the improvement mainly because there are 4 subs or is it because the 4th sub is an SVS PB-12? Well, if you look at the rated FR of the PB-12, it goes down to 18 hz. I think that somehow, the PB-12 has a big contribution.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 01:30 PM »
cant wait to hear your set up again sir mark. :D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #953 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 12:45 AM »
bago lang po ako pero sana pwede ako maki join sa mga eb para dumami ang kaibigan. di po ako umiinom pero di rin malakas kumain ng pulutan kaya wala kaying magiging problema sagot ko ang patawa at kwento kung OK sa inyo.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: SVS PB12-NSD review
« Reply #954 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 05:16 AM »
I recently got an SVS PB-12 NSD from Mike C. and I’m very happy with it.

sigh... i guess only in my dreams...

kaya ayokong pumapasok sa HT ni sir mark, lagi na lang tulo ng tulo ang laway ko.  mike had been egging me to check this sub out. 

sana maimbitahan pa din ako sa pasko para ma-test naman itong sub na ito.  sige na sir mark, payag na ako na ibalik mo sa akin yang south border!  madinig lang itong bagong addition mo!   ;D

cheers!  ganda!   
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:52 AM »
cant wait to hear your set up again sir mark. :D

Lapit na pasko EB.  ;D ;D

bago lang po ako pero sana pwede ako maki join sa mga eb para dumami ang kaibigan. di po ako umiinom pero di rin malakas kumain ng pulutan kaya wala kaying magiging problema sagot ko ang patawa at kwento kung OK sa inyo.

Hehe! Sure!  :)

Mababait ang karamihan ng mga tao sa pinoydvd. Dumikit ka lang sa akin at payuhan kita kung sino ang mga kelangan iwasan ... iyong mga mangku!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:57 AM by streetsmart »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 06:54 AM »

kaya ayokong pumapasok sa HT ni sir mark, lagi na lang tulo ng tulo ang laway ko.  mike had been egging me to check this sub out.  

sana maimbitahan pa din ako sa pasko para ma-test naman itong sub na ito.  sige na sir mark, payag na ako na ibalik mo sa akin yang south border!  madinig lang itong bagong addition mo!   ;D

cheers!  ganda!  

Naku ... ako naman ang papakipot. Kasi parang wala na akong tiwala sa iyo. Paano ako sure na itutupad mo pangako mo? Pwede bang si Blackie, si Waxx at si Jay ang bahala sa iyo kapag nag double-cross ka?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:06 AM by streetsmart »

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #957 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:25 AM »
Naku ... ako naman ang papakipot. Kasi parang wala na akong tiwala sa iyo. Paano ako sure na itutupad mo pangako mo? Pwede bang si Blackie, si Waxx at si Jay ang bahala sa iyo kapag nag double-cross ka?  ;D ;D ;D

ahahahaha!  hindi talo yang tatlong yan sir mark!
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #958 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:41 AM »
awesome addition to an already awesome HT  :o

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 10:55 AM »

kaya ayokong pumapasok sa HT ni sir mark, lagi na lang tulo ng tulo ang laway ko.  mike had been egging me to check this sub out. 

sana maimbitahan pa din ako sa pasko para ma-test naman itong sub na ito.  sige na sir mark, payag na ako na ibalik mo sa akin yang south border!  madinig lang itong bagong addition mo!   ;D

cheers!  ganda!   

tama si jake!
kakalaway naman talaga !!!

congrats on ur latest upgrade sir!  :D
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....