Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1063169 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #990 on: May 01, 2010 at 11:43 PM »
haha sige enge 152k, yan daw price eh :o

huwattttttttttttttttttttt

mag tarnsistor na lang tayo hahahahahaha
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #991 on: May 01, 2010 at 11:49 PM »
huwattttttttttttttttttttt

mag tarnsistor na lang tayo hahahahahaha

Uu 152k! PS! so sa presyo ng a audio ko versus sa tunog at presyo ng paradigm, ang layo ng price, pero di naman ganun kalayo tunog. yun o! parang commercial lang
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #992 on: May 02, 2010 at 12:13 AM »
Sir Nelson,

Sayang hinde na ko nakahabol. Next time pakinggan natin yang mga a-audio mo sir. I heard they sounded great (c/o Ivan).

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #993 on: May 02, 2010 at 11:39 AM »
Sir Nelson,

Sayang hinde na ko nakahabol. Next time pakinggan natin yang mga a-audio mo sir. I heard they sounded great (c/o Ivan).

Haay si Master Beginner kasi. Panay inaatupag ang dedicated HiFi at HT rooms niya sa new house.

Master Nelson, eto dapat lusubin din natin kaso nasa dakong south. :P

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #994 on: May 02, 2010 at 01:13 PM »
Haay si Master Beginner kasi. Panay inaatupag ang dedicated HiFi at HT rooms niya sa new house.

Master Nelson, eto dapat lusubin din natin kaso nasa dakong south. :P

Wow. New home for his A-audio speaks!

Ipa-treat na agad kay Tony!

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #995 on: May 03, 2010 at 09:38 AM »
Wow. New home for his A-audio speaks!

Ipa-treat na agad kay Tony!

So master Nelson, nakadecide ka na ba kung aling speaks ang para sa iyong living room?  :)

Mukhang treated na ang gagawing room ni Master Beginner. Puro absorber at diffuser daw ang kwarto.

Offline diy_master

• Trade Count: (+232)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #996 on: May 04, 2010 at 05:31 PM »
Sorry sa late post ng Coax Center 8inch driver :)

8inch coax center for 10inch and 12inch coax only.

8ohms, 91db,300watts rms, 34hz-20khz, ported, 9.5x20x11 inch (HxWxD)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: May 04, 2010 at 07:17 PM »
Sorry sa late post ng Coax Center 8inch driver :)

8inch coax center for 10inch and 12inch coax only.

8ohms, 91db,300watts rms, 34hz-20khz, ported, 9.5x20x11 inch (HxWxD)

Ahem,,, paging ygoob...

Offline diy_master

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: May 04, 2010 at 10:23 PM »
sir nag post pala ako 1 day sale sa market place! kailangan mag bakasyon para sa pagaaral hehe! KAKAIBANG PUTAHE! ;D ;D ;D

Offline diy_master

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: May 08, 2010 at 10:32 PM »
http://aaudio.multiply.com/

Picture and specs ng A-audio product. ty

Offline Levijones

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1000 on: May 09, 2010 at 01:47 PM »
Took me a week to set up, but now I'm enjoying the speakers :) I bought a 5.1 speaker set from Anthony, which he delivered in Cabuyao, Laguna last April 29. He was very friendly, and quite unassuming despite being an accomplished inventor. (Anthony, thanks for being such a nice guy to deal with. :) It was my pleasure to meet you.)

Fronts: Tablette 6.5"
Center: Tablette 6.5"
Surrounds: Tablette 5"
Sub: 10" downfiring 160 watts active sub

I upgraded the speakers of my Samsung HT-Z220 home theater in a box. The A-Audio speakers sound great. I am now in the process of breaking them in, so I mostly just play music from the FM tuner, or from my iPod.

REVIEW
I bought these speakers for HT use (90%) and maybe 10% music but ironically, I have only used it for music so far. I'll update this post once I am able to watch a few movies.

The most noticeable improvement was in the clarity of the vocals. Lyrics were so easy to discern because the voice comes across as crystal clear. I'm using Dolby Prologic II - Music, hence the vocals are spread across the fronts and center.

Next, I could hear a few instruments that were either absent or very faint in the Z220 speakers. Even compared to my Sennheiser PX100 headphones, using the same mp3 file, the A-Audio speakers delivered more detail. Some instruments (notably percussion) were much more pronounced in the A-Audio.

I also noticed a marked improvement in string intruments, both over the Z220 and PX100. When a guitar is playing for example, I used to hear just the notes being played. But now, for some songs, I can hear the sound of the guitar pick scraping the guitar strings, on top of the notes being produced. Awesome.

The surround effects (again, haven't tried movies yet, only DPLII-Music) are far more pronounced, even at low volumes. Before, I could hardly hear anything from the surround speakers when playing music. Now, it really feels like I am surrounded by music.

If I could sum up my initial impression, I would use the word "clarity". The speakers produce very clear sound even from MP3 and FM sources. I haven't even tried audio CD's yet. Even my parents, who are not particular about sound (they are happy with TV speakers), commented that the sound was very clear. Can't wait to watch my new DVD's with this. Very happy with the purchase  ;D

Sorry I can't compare it with major-branded speakers (Wharfdale, JBL, B&W, etc.), because I haven't really owned any. Maybe the other folks here at PDVD can do that. At the start of this thread there was a comparison between A-Audio Clone series vs. major-branded speakers for music, but I haven't seen a comparison between the Tablette series vs. other brands in HT performance.

Now I wonder how these would sound if I replaced my Samsung with an Onkyo 507 or Denon 1610, and better speaker cables (the Z220 uses 22ga cables).  ;D Mada mada...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010 at 06:40 PM by Levijones »
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #1001 on: May 09, 2010 at 01:59 PM »
Took me a week to set up, but now I'm enjoying the speakers :) I bought a 5.1 speaker set from Anthony, which he delivered in Cabuyao, Laguna last April 29.

I upgraded the speakers of my Samsung HT-Z220 home theater in a box. The A-Audio speakers sound great. I am now in the process of breaking them in, so I mostly just play music from the FM tuner, or from my iPod.

REVIEW
I bought these speakers for HT use (90%) and maybe 10% music but ironically, I have only used it for music so far. I'll update this post once I am able to watch a few movies.

The most noticeable improvement was in the clarity of the vocals. Lyrics were so easy to discern because the voice comes across as crystal clear. I'm using Dolby Prologic II - Music, hence the vocals are spread across the fronts and center.

Next, I could hear a few instruments that were either absent or very faint in the Z220 speakers. Even compared to my Sennheiser PX100 headphones, using the same mp3 file, the A-Audio speakers delivered more detail. Some instruments (notably percussion) were much more pronounced in the A-Audio.

I also noticed a marked improvement in string intruments, both over the Z220 and PX100. When a guitar is playing for example, I used to hear just the notes being played. But now, for some songs, I can hear the sound of the guitar pick scraping the guitar strings, on top of the notes being produced. Awesome.

The surround effects (again, haven't tried movies yet, only DPLII) are far more pronounced, even at low volumes. Before, I could hardly hear anything from the surround speakers when playing music. Now, it is far more enjoyable.

If I could sum up my initial impression, I would use the word "clarity". The speakers produce very clear sound even from MP3 and FM sources. I haven't even tried audio CD's yet. Even my parents, who are not particular about sound (they are happy with TV speakers), commented that the sound was very clear. Can't wait to watch my new DVD's with this. Very happy with the purchase  ;D

Sorry I can't compare it with major-branded speakers (Wharfdale, JBL, B&W, etc.), because I haven't really owned any. Maybe the other folks here at PDVD can do that. At the start of this thread there was a comparison between A-Audio Clone series vs. major-branded speakers for music, but I haven't seen a comparison between the Tablette series vs. other brands in HT performance.

Congrats! Ganyan din ako nagsimula. Sa simple HTib while slowly upgrading the speakers. Wait till you hear your new speakers to it's full potential on a receiver.

Offline blackmoly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1002 on: May 09, 2010 at 02:02 PM »

ayos! a must see sa may mag upgrade itch  ;D

Took me a week to set up, but now I'm enjoying the speakers :) I bought a 5.1 speaker set from Anthony, which he delivered in Cabuyao, Laguna last April 29.

REVIEW

The surround effects (again, haven't tried movies yet, only DPLII) are far more pronounced, even at low volumes. Before, I could hardly hear anything from the surround speakers when playing music. Now, it is far more enjoyable.

If I could sum up my initial impression, I would use the word "clarity". The speakers produce very clear sound even from MP3 and FM sources. I haven't even tried audio CD's yet. Even my parents, who are not particular about sound (they are happy with TV speakers), commented that the sound was very clear. Can't wait to watch my new DVD's with this. Very happy with the purchase  ;D

nice! x2 on sir nelsons recommendation  8)

Offline Levijones

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: May 09, 2010 at 02:11 PM »
Congrats! Ganyan din ako nagsimula. Sa simple HTib while slowly upgrading the speakers. Wait till you hear your new speakers to it's full potential on a receiver.
Nelson, thanks ;D Yun na nga ang sunod kong upgrade path eh, AV receiver... pero later na. Enjoy ko muna ito. Mas ok siguro yung unti-unti ang upgrade, spread over a longer period yung satisfaction :)

@Blackmoly, thanks din sir :)
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB

Offline blackmoly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: May 09, 2010 at 02:23 PM »
bro may kulang yata   ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: May 09, 2010 at 02:32 PM »
Nelson, thanks ;D Yun na nga ang sunod kong upgrade path eh, AV receiver... pero later na. Enjoy ko muna ito. Mas ok siguro yung unti-unti ang upgrade, spread over a longer period yung satisfaction :)

@Blackmoly, thanks din sir :)

Yes sir. Enjoy it muna. Pero huwag patagalin. Ako kasi pinatagal ko. After purchasing a receiver recently, inulit ko tuloy yun mga napanuod kong movies. IMHO, in my experience, if you have the moolah for a receiver, by all means go for it within 2 months. I missed a lot nun nagtyaga ako sa HTib receiver for 8 months. trust me, you won't regret this move.

Offline Levijones

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: May 09, 2010 at 03:35 PM »
Yes sir. Enjoy it muna. Pero huwag patagalin. Ako kasi pinatagal ko. After purchasing a receiver recently, inulit ko tuloy yun mga napanuod kong movies. IMHO, in my experience, if you have the moolah for a receiver, by all means go for it within 2 months. I missed a lot nun nagtyaga ako sa HTib receiver for 8 months. trust me, you won't regret this move.
Ayan na nga ang ayoko sana marinig hehe :) Seriously, salamat sa advice. Baka nga naman ulitin ko pa yung ibang movies pag ganun kalaki ang difference.

bro may kulang yata   ;D
Hindi ko pa kinakabit yung emblems, pero binigyan ako ni Anthony, yung bilog din na "A-Audio" ;D Nakapatong pa lahat sa ibabaw ng sub, sa first picture. Ikakabit ko rin yan soon.
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1007 on: May 09, 2010 at 03:57 PM »
uy bakit ako walang libreng emblem!!! :o

la pa bang nakabili ng center coax ni sir anthony baka pwedeng mapakinggan ko..ty

sayang di kasama sa 1 day sale

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: May 09, 2010 at 04:09 PM »
Ayan na nga ang ayoko sana marinig hehe :) Seriously, salamat sa advice. Baka nga naman ulitin ko pa yung ibang movies pag ganun kalaki ang difference.
Hindi ko pa kinakabit yung emblems, pero binigyan ako ni Anthony, yung bilog din na "A-Audio" ;D Nakapatong pa lahat sa ibabaw ng sub, sa first picture. Ikakabit ko rin yan soon.

Trust me sir. Uulitin mo cuz you know you'v missed a lot.  ;)

;D

Offline blackmoly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: May 09, 2010 at 05:28 PM »

para pag may bisita di na magtatanong kung anong speakers gamit mo ;D  ;D  ;D

uy bakit ako walang libreng emblem!!! :o

la pa bang nakabili ng center coax ni sir anthony baka pwedeng mapakinggan ko..ty

sayang di kasama sa 1 day sale

baka na mental block ka na bro sa ganda ng tunog kaya nakalimutan na yung emblem  ;D

Offline shuzzs

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: May 09, 2010 at 10:59 PM »
"I also noticed a marked improvement in string intruments, both over the Z220 and PX100. When a guitar is playing for example, I used to hear just the notes being played. But now, for some songs, I can hear the sound of the guitar pick scraping the guitar strings, on top of the notes being produced. Awesome." - Levijones

I totally agree with this one. When I played the Eagles' Hotel California from the DTS demo disc on A-Audio's speakers,  I was quite annoyed by the scratching sound during the guitar solo. I thought the speakers are distorted/damaged. After a lot of rewinds, only did I realized that the speakers did really bring out those distinct sound that I never heard before when I was using a Boston Acoustics HTIB.

I told Anthony before that I will be using my HT setup mostly for movies. But now, I am enjoying DTS audio on it most of the time. These speakers can really produce clear sounds.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1011 on: May 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM »
Trust me sir. Uulitin mo cuz you know you'v missed a lot.  ;)

;D

Ayan na AV receiver na yan! Nandemonyo na si Master Nelson.

Pero tama po sila, malaki pong difference yan receiver.

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: May 10, 2010 at 06:42 AM »
i was in the same boat with Master Nelson. I bought my speaker set last Feb, Proac 2.5 FS and Center from Anthony and the 1SC clone from another member. Meron din ako HTIB na Panasonic so dun pa din ako nanonood ng movies. Nagtiis ako using Sakura AV200T (modified din ni Anthony) for 2.1 music and sometimes HT alternately using the FS and BS until last week when I bought my first AVR, HK160 from avshop.

Movie rerun mode ako ngayon.:)

I agree with the statement that the speakers are "revealing." I had the same experience wondering if my speakers were busted because I could hear squeaking sounds especially when listening to music. It turned out ganun pala talaga ang recording nung source. It is very evident pag naka pure direct mode pero nawawala pag gumamit ka na ng DSP mode.

All in all, more than value for money speakers talaga. ;D
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1013 on: May 10, 2010 at 07:26 AM »
talo ba yung sakura tube sa hk even in music?

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: May 10, 2010 at 07:46 AM »
talo ba yung sakura tube sa hk even in music?
Eto din ang first comparison ko since its the only one available. :)

On the same gain sa volume level, relatively mas malakas lang ng kaunti si HK. But the HK is more transparent and revealing although hindi naman magpapahuli yung Sakura. The most noticeable drawback of the Sakura is the subwoofer output which is bitin. I heard the potential of my A-audio sub when it was used on the HK. Cleaner and deeper base and very easy to adjust on the HK. On the Sakura, I had to tweak it a lot to blend seamlessly with my fronts, either the BS or FS.
Pasensya na at medyo noob pa ako pagdating dto. :)

I'll try to post more impressions vs the Sakura pag nagkatime ako and magsawa sa movie reruns. Kakatakot din kasi tanggal kabit ng banana plugs sa binding post ng HK dahil sobrang higpit ng kapit. :) 
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline Levijones

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1015 on: May 10, 2010 at 08:51 AM »
Trust me sir. Uulitin mo cuz you know you'v missed a lot.  ;)
Ayan na AV receiver na yan! Nandemonyo na si Master Nelson.

Pero tama po sila, malaki pong difference yan receiver.
Nagtiis ako using Sakura AV200T (modified din ni Anthony) for 2.1 music and sometimes HT alternately using the FS and BS until last week when I bought my first AVR, HK160 from avshop.

Movie rerun mode ako ngayon.:)

;D Excited na tuloy ako bumili ng first AVR ko. Salamat sa pag tempt... este, pag share ng inyong experience. Appreciate it.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 at 08:52 AM by Levijones »
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1016 on: May 10, 2010 at 08:52 AM »
@levijones

Congratulations on those tablette BSs! Just wait 'till you hear 'em on a dedicated AVR.  ;D And Master Nelson is right... don't prolong the agony.  ;) ;D

Offline Levijones

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: May 10, 2010 at 09:01 AM »

Anthony, thanks for posting. This will really help your potential buyers, and current owners like me. Later if you have time, pwede pakisama yung specs ng 10" 160-watt down-firing sub na binili ko. Thanks po  ;D (Actually na e-mail mo na sakin yung specs, except the frequency response range in Hz/KHz.)
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: May 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM »

Gumawa ka na kaya ng signature and isama mo ito...

Offline Levijones

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1019 on: May 10, 2010 at 02:53 PM »
@levijones

Congratulations on those tablette BSs! Just wait 'till you hear 'em on a dedicated AVR.  ;D And Master Nelson is right... don't prolong the agony.  ;) ;D

Salamat sir :) Proud owner talaga ako. Pang apat ka nang nagte-tempt sakin na bumili ng AVR...  ;D
LG 42LS5700
Denon 1610
A-Audio 5.1 speakers
PS3 Slim 320GB
Xbox 360 20GB+4GB