Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1068205 times)

Offline bekoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #2010 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:14 AM »
Nice review sir! ;D Sir macdon i am planning to purchase the titus or the D1 clone. which would you guys recommend for pure audio listening? thanks for the inputs! ;D

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #2011 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
D1 a.k.a Daniel bookshelf speaker was specially made for pure audio.

Go for Titus if you want speakers that can be used for both audio & movies  :)

Offline bekoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2012 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:32 AM »
thanks sir will be pairing it for baby g. yung D1 as it is na ba o can be replace to scanspeak? no time for audiotion kasi sir. ;D

Offline stalkermania

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2013 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:35 AM »
that's right....

I really anticipated that the titus will give the "nirvana-type" of output because the titus is one of the cream of the crops made by sir anthony.

The sound is a little laid back which like sir macdon and sir anthony said that these speakers needs its break-in to really show its true colors....  ;)

I just can't wait to hear them again after 100hrs of probationary period...  ;D

From all of the master's creation...

The titus is a photogenic speaker that most of branded speakers possess....
And it will not disappoint you when you are in face with face with them...
You will truly be stunned by its beauty.  ;D

If I only have the fund yesterday... I will surely never let them go...  :'(

Toast to the master for another masterpiece in his collection..

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2014 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:44 AM »
Nice review sir mardon,

Yes, the OEM drivers are only limited to 20 pcs.
And takes a long time to break in.

The scanspeak paper cones perform just as well and in fact may sound a little more natural, they're just not as pogi as the OEM ones  ;D

Thanks brader Juancho ;)

Yup, I agree - those white PSB polypropylene drivers are a thing of beauty ;D Kaso ang tigas :P

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2015 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
Nice review sir! ;D Sir macdon i am planning to purchase the titus or the D1 clone. which would you guys recommend for pure audio listening? thanks for the inputs! ;D

It depends on your kind of music. I find the D1 smooth, refined, detailed and very malambing - its good for audiophile vocal music.
The Titus is more dynamic, fuller body and bigger soundstage. So if you listen more to orchestra and rock, this might suit you better.

Both the D1 and Titus has its share of strengths and weaknesses, so if its possible to bring your babyG as well as your preferred music selection to audition - that would be best! ;)

Offline bekoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2016 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 09:05 AM »
alright sir thanks! will do your suggestion! ;D

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2017 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 02:08 PM »
After Proac HT next project will be Titus BS. Anyone already audition the Proac D2 from aaudio? Hope to hear feedback from you guyz.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 at 03:07 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline matehifi

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2018 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 05:48 PM »
Proac D2? The best! (imho) been using these speakers for more than a year now for both ht and music. Very satisfied ako sabi nga ni bro. praktikal, D2 ba o D2 ba, D2 ba o D2 ba? ;)
▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #2019 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
saan ka pa?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2020 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
nalilito na ako... ano ba pinagkaiba ng D1 sa D2?... have the D1 version ok sa mids and high...pag dating sa low depende na sa type ng music...pag audiophile music ok na ok...new wave or rock mas gusto ko ang MS902 and MS914 ko...pero mas ok pa din ang coax 12... ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM by yygoob »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2021 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 09:06 PM »
i just saw some subwoofer na Crown ang brand, parehong pareho sa dati kong sub from Anthony, sino ang nauna? ;)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline moonshow

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2022 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
I recently bought the new version of the D2 with the hexagonal enclosure. I would say it's significantly better than my old full range mini voigt aaudio designed from 5 years ago. Paired it with a babyG gainclone, 40 watts is enough to drive these 12 kg each speakers to normal to loud listening levels. I think that the D2 will benefit from a higher wattage amp, guestimate sensitivity is more like 85 to 87 db. I mostly listen to blues, electronic music and a handful of pop.

The D2, as already mentioned are very revealing speakers. My system uses Mp3s as it's main source and the first few days, i cannot tolerate the sound of the mp3's (anyone experienced this?), they sounded dry, uninviting and lifeless ( made me want to buy a DAC). I temporarily switched back to CD's to listen more to the D2s. They sounded warmish, detailed in vocals and very good bass. The 6.5" and mostly bigger drivers really helps in moving air, although the bass produced from a smaller driver 4" or 5" may reach a low HZ already but the sound from a bigger driver is fuller ,warmer and "crisper", its a total level up from smaller driver speakers. Blues, vocals, more clinical electronic music sounds good on these. Rock and metal music (foo fighters, metallica, megadeath,children of bodom) sounds just ok on these, seems a bit lacking  (maybe the pairing of the GC isn't optimal, can anyone comment on this?).

The other forumers mentioned the break in time. After around 30 hours, the sound became better, i can now listen to Mp3s on my system. Will see if it improves better after 100 hours. (is this a myth? i think it really sounded better).

This speaker is a fantastic buy, they sound good, very detailed and has deep bass. These will serve me for at least 5 years, 7k purchase price divided by 5 years is only 1k+ plus a year. SULIT. I'd get this over the BS wharfedales and the Polk BS TSIs.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2023 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM »
Congrats on your purchase bro moonshow.

The D2's are definitely excellent speakers and would last a long time.
They're revealing speakers so if you play bad recordings on them you'd really notice.
Try listening to FLAC files, they sound better.

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #2024 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
I recently bought the new version of the D2 with the hexagonal enclosure. I would say it's significantly better than my old full range mini voigt aaudio designed from 5 years ago. Paired it with a babyG gainclone, 40 watts is enough to drive these 12 kg each speakers to normal to loud listening levels. I think that the D2 will benefit from a higher wattage amp, guestimate sensitivity is more like 85 to 87 db. I mostly listen to blues, electronic music and a handful of pop.

The D2, as already mentioned are very revealing speakers. My system uses Mp3s as it's main source and the first few days, i cannot tolerate the sound of the mp3's (anyone experienced this?), they sounded dry, uninviting and lifeless ( made me want to buy a DAC). I temporarily switched back to CD's to listen more to the D2s. They sounded warmish, detailed in vocals and very good bass. The 6.5" and mostly bigger drivers really helps in moving air, although the bass produced from a smaller driver 4" or 5" may reach a low HZ already but the sound from a bigger driver is fuller ,warmer and "crisper", its a total level up from smaller driver speakers. Blues, vocals, more clinical electronic music sounds good on these. Rock and metal music (foo fighters, metallica, megadeath,children of bodom) sounds just ok on these, seems a bit lacking  (maybe the pairing of the GC isn't optimal, can anyone comment on this?).

The other forumers mentioned the break in time. After around 30 hours, the sound became better, i can now listen to Mp3s on my system. Will see if it improves better after 100 hours. (is this a myth? i think it really sounded better).

This speaker is a fantastic buy, they sound good, very detailed and has deep bass. These will serve me for at least 5 years, 7k purchase price divided by 5 years is only 1k+ plus a year. SULIT. I'd get this over the BS wharfedales and the Polk BS TSIs.

Bro moonshow, yes, I can relate to your experience but not with speakers. I ventured into the audiophile world with earphones and headphones and since then i've always listend to FLAC files or mp3's 320 kbps. problem with FLAC files is that i have to convert it to ALAC for my ipod. Good thing i have a rockbox'd sansa clip+ that can play FLAC files with ease.

Also, a good and timely review, as I am at this point going to venture into buying hifi speakers. At this point in time i'm evaluating on whether to buy the Titus, D2, D1, PSB image 6, or klipshc rb 61. Was decided on buying a t-amp (for the small footprint electricity-wise and will be placed in the bedroom) last week and just pair it with a klipsch but with all the reviews here i'm doing a double take and thinking about shelling out some more for an amp and audition diy_master's creations! I listen to more of r&b, rock, pop music.

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2025 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM »
Thank you for a great review for the aaudio Proac D2s. I think i'll get this one for my front channel together with aaudio Proac 1sc for my rear. My center also is aaudio proac center. I will use the aaudio Proac 2.5 for music only. Honestly i love the soundstage of the aaudio Proac version. Once done with proac next in line the aaudio Titus. I almost sold all my branded speakers. I have to say goodbye to American speakers like BOSE in which i grew up listening. European speakers are the best and Aaudio by master anthony makes it more better and affordable.  
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2026 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
Was decided on buying a t-amp (for the small footprint electricity-wise and will be placed in the bedroom) last week and just pair it with a klipsch but with all the reviews here i'm doing a double take and thinking about shelling out some more for an amp and audition diy_master's creations! I listen to more of r&b, rock, pop music.

Hi bro, since you listen to r&b & pop I would suggest you try looking for another amp.

The T-amp is wonderful for acoustic and instrumentals. but because of it's size it does not have the power to make the D2 shine. The effect will be a lack of bass.

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #2027 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:40 PM »
Hi bro, since you listen to r&b & pop I would suggest you try looking for another amp.

The T-amp is wonderful for acoustic and instrumentals. but because of it's size it does not have the power to make the D2 shine. The effect will be a lack of bass.

Thanks bro juancho! Can you suggest an amp that i can use for my simple bedroom set-up? budget is 10k, at the most 12k. source will be my sansa clip+, iPad, ipt. Was thinking of a jojod818's baby g amp.

once i get an amp for the intended setup definitely will audition the D1, D2 or Titus. Will master anthony release the roman and apocalypse line soon?

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2028 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
HHmm.. makes me think of grabbing either the D2 or the Titus BS as a replacement for my cheap FS  ;D BTW, does anybody know the specs of the D2? and price range ofcourse, thanks po..

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2029 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
You can try checking out the Sakura AV-200T and then have it modified by master Anthony.
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,102643.0.html

I think Master Anthony's focus is on the Genesis, Ezra, Titus, Daniel(D1) & David(D2) for now.

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2030 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:57 PM »
You can try checking out the Sakura AV-200T and then have it modified by master Anthony.
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,102643.0.html

I agree, flac files resurrected, the  best portable setup so far, for me, at a good price, wow!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2011 at 01:58 PM by molins »

Offline moonshow

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2031 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:17 PM »
Don't know the exact parameters but the D2 has a 1" danish soft dome silk tweeter and a 6.5" inch paper woofer, back ported, solidly built and is 12kg each. Sensitivity at around 85-87 db. Retails at 8k, double check with anthony.

A agree with juancho, the T-amp might not cut it for this speakers. The gainclone could drive these, i'm listening at 10-11 oclock level. However the gainclone + D2 is a very revealing combination the source is impt for your enjoyment. A dac or a pre amp in between would be a good choice, my next upgrade will be the the baby T tube pre amp matched for the babyg.

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2032 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:18 PM »
share ko lang (lalo na sa mga di nakakaalam nitong amp ni Anthony), that it's a good match with Genesis, Ito ngayon ang gamit ko using Winamp dito sa office.  ;)

Offline zekiber2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "FAITH can move Mountains"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2033 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:20 PM »
@praktikal

anong amp yan? ano specs? kay master a din ba gawa?

parang bagay sa sansa clip+ yan + flac hehe

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2034 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:26 PM »
Thanks a lot Sir moonshow, D2 or Titus  ::)

@ praktikal

gandang amp yan a, cute..who made that?

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2035 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
amigos, tama! gawa din ni master yan.  ;)

'Thon baka may natira ka pa dyan for audition kaso lang ang tanong, may panahon ka pa ba gumawa?  :D

Offline moonshow

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2036 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:36 PM »
@prak

ilan watts yan and is that based on a T-amp?

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2037 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:44 PM »
@prak

ilan watts yan and is that based on a T-amp?

ang alam ko based nga sa T-amp pero di ko na matandaan ang specs nito. perhaps Anthony can feed us.  :)

ito, nahanap ko:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,67863.0.html
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2011 at 02:53 PM by praktikal »

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2038 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 04:13 PM »
Magkano po kay Master yang T-amp na ganyan. Ang ganda ng pagkagawa.

back then, 1.8k lang.  ;)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2039 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
As a rule of thumb in buying amplifiers - buy the most powerful amp your budget will allow as this will give you more flexibility in choosing various speakers now and in the future. ;)