Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1063124 times)

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #3510 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 12:24 AM »
havent really heard the D1 and D2 so i cant comment on it yet, pero I have an ezra set and a genesis bs

i use the genesis bs on my pc audio setup powered by FiiO A1 and it is a big step over my logitech z-640, it is very punchy, detailed and the mids are astounding. it fills my room with music at 11 o'clock volume, it is not fatiguing to listen to kahit whole day ka magsoundtrip. (British)

my ezra set is composed of a center and FS for the fronts and surrounds, all of them have a decoupling side panels for resonance control. i dont have a bs so i cant comment on that. with this setup i can feel the mid bass all over the room and the tweeters are a bit bright not harsh sounding or irritating which is perfect for movie sfx, and if you pair it with a powerful sub it will be perfect. (American)
very true for the A1, my Titus BS really rocks on this amp. ;)

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3511 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:13 AM »
havent really heard the D1 and D2 so i cant comment on it yet, pero I have an ezra set and a genesis bs

i use the genesis bs on my pc audio setup powered by FiiO A1 and it is a big step over my logitech z-640, it is very punchy, detailed and the mids are astounding. it fills my room with music at 11 o'clock volume, it is not fatiguing to listen to kahit whole day ka magsoundtrip. (British)

my ezra set is composed of a center and FS for the fronts and surrounds, all of them have a decoupling side panels for resonance control. i dont have a bs so i cant comment on that. with this setup i can feel the mid bass all over the room and the tweeters are a bit bright not harsh sounding or irritating which is perfect for movie sfx, and if you pair it with a powerful sub it will be perfect. (American)

Thanks, very nice inputs sir. So far

FR, genesis -- british sounding (warm)
Charisma, Ezra -- american (bright)
Titus -- pinoy (bright, heavy bass)

Maybe others can chime in so we can have some sort of guide as to which aaudio speakers may suit your taste. medyo madami na kasi eh, ako nga nalilito din. Yun kayang coax, d1, d2, proac?

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3512 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
ung charisma maganda din ang bass

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #3513 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 11:03 AM »
May nabasa ako dati tungkol sa magkaibang design ng American at European speakers. IIRC, sa US malalaki ang rooms and sa European naman maliliit at mga bato/bricks.

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3514 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 11:39 AM »
My personal evaluation with different aaudio speakers:

Titus BS and FS - Pang american and Pinoy sound. Speaker is design for modern rock, techno, RnB, hip-hop, house and modern classical. Excellent for home theater sound

Daniel, David BS and FS, genesis BS and Proac HT set clone- Pang european sound. The most musical speaker design for all types of Jazz music, old classical, acoustic, funk, vocal music, classic rock or the british rock, gregorian music and average for HT sound.

If you want more details to your music and HT, the Full range speaker is from a different level of listening.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2011 at 11:49 AM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3515 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 12:07 PM »

Titus BS and FS - Pang american and Pinoy sound. Speaker is design for modern rock, techno, RnB, hip-hop, house and modern classical. Excellent for home theater sound

Daniel, David BS and FS, genesis BS and Proac HT set clone- Pang european sound. The most musical speaker design for all types of Jazz music, old classical, acoustic, funk, vocal music, classic rock or the british rock, gregorian music and average for HT sound.

If you want more details to your music and HT, the Full range speaker is from a different level of listening.

Malinaw ang usapan,  ;)

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3516 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 04:23 PM »
i agree

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3517 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 04:40 PM »
^ Nabigyan ako ng idea ni weng na instead of desktop speaker, try kong gamitin as surround ang fr bs then ang surround ko ngayon na genesis yun na lang ang sa pc. How's that?  :D Pwede!  :o

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3518 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
^ Nabigyan ako ng idea ni weng na instead of desktop speaker, try kong gamitin as surround ang fr bs then ang surround ko ngayon na genesis yun na lang ang sa pc. How's that?  :D Pwede!  :o

ok talaga genesis pang desktop liit kasi ng footprint, terno na sa center floor stander na lang ang kulang  ;D

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3519 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 05:10 PM »
ok talaga genesis pang desktop liit kasi ng footprint, terno na sa center floor stander na lang ang kulang  ;D

Ok na ako sa 5 footer tutal fr naman na tsaka sanay na kami sa tangkad nya plus ako lang meron nun.  ;D

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3520 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 05:29 PM »
Ok na ako sa 5 footer tutal fr naman na tsaka sanay na kami sa tangkad nya plus ako lang meron nun.  ;D

tama be practical  :D

Offline silent_loud21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • trust your ears!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3521 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 06:56 PM »

+1, pasok lahat sa panlasa ko ang tunog ni D1, that's why I LOVE IT! ;D

Dito ako kinakabahan :o, may I ask what type of speaker is this, BS or FS? How much kaya?

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3522 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 06:57 PM »
^ Sayanga nga noh? Di mo natest ang FR center ko?  :)

sir na test ko din yung FR Center mo bago yung charisma center. :)
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline silent_loud21

• Collector
  • trust your ears!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3523 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
Anyone here still have the A-audio Proac BS Clone Gen 1?  any review on this speaker?  While back reading this thread, i found a lot of positive reviews however, i am now puzzled on what to get compared to the new creations of Master Anthony... How is A-audio Proac BS Clone Gen 1 compared to Daniel and David? to charisma 6 and the full range speakers?  Please help guyz.... I just wanted to know if the A-audio Proac BS Clone Gen 1 can still compete with the new model of Master Anthony?

And To Master Anthony, can you still tweak the A-audio Proac BS Clone Gen 1 to compete with your new creations?
Hope this help :) Why I choose D1 ;D

A-Audio's Proac Special Edition Clone

It was May 2009 when Anthony first surprised us with his Proac clone 1sc in one of Streetsmart's EB - which I believe coincides with Pilyo's subwoofer demo.
The little time alloted to demoing the clones in the EB proved successful in not only securing a promo (less 1k to the first 5 sets sold) specific to those who attended the EB, but also spin-offed another EB which was dedicated only to Anthony's clone.
To make the next EB more exciting, we planned a blind test wherein attending members can bring in their branded BS speakers to blindly duke it out with the clone.
In conclusion, not only did the clone bested some brands - it also made one member order a set of clones right on the spot & sold his B&W speakers the next day in the marketplace! :o

The 6k clone generated alot of sales for A-Audio and for those who have a set still speak of it in high regards up to this day. Unfortunately, with the various speaker designs of Anthony - the creation of the clones got sidetracked to the point that he stop producing them in favor of his new original concepts - the Genesis, Exodus, Ezra, etc.
The clamor for his clones didnt die however and when the clone's xover was transferred to his new speaker line, sonics became better. It was only apparent that the clones should be placed back to production but with some small refinements - thicker enclosure, more premium xover parts, Danish tweeter to replace the Velodyne tweeter used in the clones and to faithfully copy the enclosure size of the Proac Response 1sc.

Truth to be told, the A-Audio Proac clone had these enclosure dimensions:
H= 11.75"
W= 7.5"  
D= 10.25"
The original Proac Response 1sc has these dimensions:
H= 12"
W= 7"
D= 9.25"

If you go to Proac's website ( http://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/ ), you'll notice that the Proac Response 1sc is now replaced with the Proac Response D1. The D1 has the following dimensions:
H= 12"
W= 6  5/8"
D= 10.25"

To satisfy Anthony's curiosity, he built the new clone with the exact measurements of the Proac Response 1sc as well as the newer and smaller Response D1 just to hear any difference........ and possibly to ask why did Proac elect a much smaller box to replace their legendary 1sc.
Both enclosures had the same wood thickness, bitumen, wrap-around foam, drivers and xovers - the only difference was the enclosure size which was half an inch in the width and a full inch on the depth. With these small incremental changes, should there really be a change in the sonics between the two?

YES, THERE IS!

The new clone 1sc still brought back all the good sonics of the first clone 1sc, but was a tad smoother because of its new Danish tweeter - so it could be considered as a small upgrade to the previous clone 1sc - not really by much. But the Danish tweeter really helped improved sonics compared to the previous Velodyne tweeter.

The new Response clone D1 however blows both clones off the water!  :o
It made the slightly bigger clone sound a bit 'nasal' in its presentation when comparing the two as the sound of the clone D1 has a richer and smoother midrange that seems to float effortlessly around your ear level - infact, making them almost invisible as the imaging was spot on.
Both anthony & I were surprised with how the little enclosure size difference affected the over-all sonics of the two almost identical speakers, but agreed that we now have found a good successor to the favorite Proac clone 1sc ;)
The new Proac Clone Response D1 would still be priced the same as the previous clone 1sc - 6k.  ;D

NOTE:

Please take note that Proac speakers are very revealing of one's system. They are NOT forgiving speakers, so your final sonics will be based on your associated gears that are connected to the them. Please take note also that proper stands should also be used to optimized your experience. The tweeter should be at  your ear level when seated in your listening chair. Treat this as a high end speaker as you will be rewarded with high end sonics - even thou you only got 'em at bargain basement prices :P
As a personal suggestion, do try them in a bi-wire configuration ;)

PICTURES:

Due to the excitement, I completely forgot to bring my camera :P - so pag pasensyahan nyo na po etong  phone cam pics:

We decided that the prototype of this special edition clone to be wrapped in a different vinyl covering. But naturally, you can always elect anthony to wrap it on your preferred vinyl color.

In this photo, the proac clone 1sc is on the top, the left bottom is the clone 1sc and the lower right is the clone D1. Habang lumiliit yung box, gumaganda ang tunog :D

A-Audio's current speaker line up:

Budget series:

Genesis BS - 3k
Ezra FS - 6k

Elite series:

Proac Response Clone D1 BS - 6k
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:20 PM by silent_loud21 »

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3524 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:48 PM »
nakaka miss si sir macdon ang galing gumawa ng review :D

Offline silent_loud21

• Collector
  • trust your ears!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3525 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:51 PM »
nakaka miss si sir macdon ang galing gumawa ng review :D

That's why i hooked ;D

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3526 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:52 PM »
same here bro  :D

Offline silent_loud21

• Collector
  • trust your ears!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3527 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 07:59 PM »
Sir, jake052478, if I were you, eto nalang pagbabasihan ko hindi pa sasakit ang ulo ko ;D

;)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2011 at 08:01 PM by silent_loud21 »

Offline jake052478

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3528 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
thanks for the great review down there.... hands down.... hmmmm i guess i have to audition it myself and ... klangan talaga for me to decide and satisfy my listening experience.....
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2011 at 08:47 PM by jake052478 »

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3529 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:32 PM »

+1, pasok lahat sa panlasa ko ang tunog ni D1, that's why I LOVE IT! ;D

Dito ako kinakabahan :o, may I ask what type of speaker is this, BS or FS? How much kaya?

Meron both fs & bs. Bring your D1 and let us know the result ASAP! (namressure pa eh noh)  ;D  ;)

Offline jarod

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3530 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:47 PM »
Let me share my beloved Proac 1SC and REL sub clones...

Nice to know you have new products Anthony.

Btw, I don't know why but for me, I liked your round logo way better than the rectangular one. One time naman swap tayo ng cover for the 1SC, trip na trip ko talaga yung rounded A logo mo  ;D

Konting sneaky...

A-Audio masterpieces in Proac Maple finish

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3531 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:48 PM »
magandang shootout yan kailangan ko ng bagong bs pang pure audio

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3532 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 12:14 AM »
i would love to see stagea write a review of aaudio speakers.

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3533 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:23 AM »
I would love to see Macdon again to write a review of anthony's latest speakers. ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2011 at 01:04 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3534 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 11:24 AM »
Uyy, ano meron dito?  ;D

Hello po sa lahat ng A-Audio aficionados! I know its been awhile at medyo matagal ko na din na hindi nakakausap si master A, so hope he's doing well.

Kumusta naba ang A-Audio? Madami na ba sya products ngayon? Ang alam ko lumipat na sila and closer to my place - so one of these days dadalaw ako dun ;) Hopefully, meron akong ma-review na new products ni master. Exciting, diba?

After reading a few post in this thread, I really enjoyed the exchange of posts of every member - a very lively & informative discussion! Please keep it up as Im sure it helps guiding newbies or lurkers reading this thread.  :)

Offline blue_123

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • smell the flowers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #3535 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 01:59 PM »
Uyy, ano meron dito?  ;D

Hello po sa lahat ng A-Audio aficionados! I know its been awhile at medyo matagal ko na din na hindi nakakausap si master A, so hope he's doing well.

Kumusta naba ang A-Audio? Madami na ba sya products ngayon? Ang alam ko lumipat na sila and closer to my place - so one of these days dadalaw ako dun ;) Hopefully, meron akong ma-review na new products ni master. Exciting, diba?

After reading a few post in this thread, I really enjoyed the exchange of posts of every member - a very lively & informative discussion! Please keep it up as Im sure it helps guiding newbies or lurkers reading this thread.  :)

Wow what a surprise  :D! welcome back sir macdon, the whole pdvd community misses you na, lalong lalo na dito sa Aaudio thread, It's about time that you review the latest speaker creations of Anthony  :),  been to his place a couple of times and heard a few, but I can't give a better review like you do,  I'm not worthy hehe but seriously welcome back classmate  :), meron din ako papagawa kay Anthony pero in the works pa baka matagalan pa nga eh, kinokumpleto ko pa spare parts hehe  :D.

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3536 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 03:14 PM »
Uyy, ano meron dito?  ;D

welcome back sir mar, sobrang daming choices sa a-audio ngayon kaya lang lagi parin walang stock si brader anthony (ambilis kasi maubos)  :D  hintayin namin yan review mo para di mahirapang pumile  ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3537 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:58 AM »
Salamat sa pagbati mga kapatid!  ;D

To be brutally frank, I 'cheated' on those reviews - hindi naging mahirap sa akin mag review ng ibang speakers ni Master A kasi I help him conceive those.  :D Ever since Master A and I collaborated with the Proac 1SC, things spun around like a rolling stone  ;D
While majority of his products are his own, there is definitely no shortness of brilliance in Master A - bilib talaga ako sa galing ni Master A sa speakers. Besides, he is the only one who cares about the crazy ideas in my head! hahahahaha!  :D

However, when reading reviews - please take it with a grain of salt. A review is only one man's opinion and shouldnt be taken as 'gospel'. Do the legwork of auditioning yourself and remember that the person you are satisfying is yourself - no one else.
Even in the beginning, I told Master A that I would help him review his speakers but under the condition that I wont hold back any punches.......no sugar coating.......kung maganda, maganda.......kung panget, panget din.
But this hobby is so subjective and one man's thrash could be somebody else's gold - so dont bank too much on someone's review - instead, bank on your own!

I've been out of the loop for sometime, so medyo kinakalawang na yung tenga ko  - and while I have a standing invitation from Master A to visit him this coming weekend, maybe it would be a good idea to take him up on his offer. Para maalis yung mga tutule ng tenga ko  :D
Ang daming products si master A - pati ako nahihilo na :P Maybe as a suggestion, I will propose to master that everytime he would come up with a new product - he should first invite 5-6 members from our forum to come in different dates to give their own ideas, comments and suggestions. If all are positive, then he continues to market it. Good ba or bad idea?
There is definitely strength in numbers and I think that a product conceived thru the collected inputs of fellow enthusiasts will yield a better product in the end.

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3538 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:03 PM »
Ang daming products si master A - pati ako nahihilo na :P Maybe as a suggestion, I will propose to master that everytime he would come up with a new product - he should first invite 5-6 members from our forum to come in different dates to give their own ideas, comments and suggestions. If all are positive, then he continues to market it. Good ba or bad idea?
There is definitely strength in numbers and I think that a product conceived thru the collected inputs of fellow enthusiasts will yield a better product in the end.

magandang idea yan sir mar, last saturday parang ganyan ngyari kaya lahat kami parepareho ang order  :D

btw sir baka makapag conceive kayo ng bagong model  ;) ;D

Offline jake052478

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3539 on: Oct 08, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
any reviews sa mga nag audition today? . . .