Author Topic: SkyCable drops JackTV, BTV and Solar Sports  (Read 38480 times)

Offline viperkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Horibble!!!

Yung mga bagong channels ng Sky (at least dito sa Bacolod) ay walang kwenta!!! Maxxx, dalawang show lang ang worth watching:AOTS and X-Play lang. Balls really sucks balls. Walang NFL and playoffs na!!!

Offline idrc23

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
mga interesado na magpakabit ng destiny cable tv na 3k for 1 year, just pm me ha. bigay ko ung number ng sales rep.

wala nang btv, solar sports at jack!

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
This is a bit jurassic, but i miss the aquarium channel found in the initial years of cable.  Most times kasi, I just look at the TV but not watch, especially when listening to CDs.  I hope theyd bring it on again.

This is way off tangent but you just reminded of FEN--Far East Network, Philippines  ;D

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
Letterman is now on ETC which is now on SBN21 Free TV which is Ch.16 on SkyCable. 11pm weekdays. Been watching since Tuesday and it's still synced with the US schedule.

Big casualty is Jon Stewart which is nowhere in the lineup. Any chance Solar will come to its senses anytime soon?

Offline idrc23

• Collector
  • Liked:
Letterman is now on ETC which is now on SBN21 Free TV which is Ch.16 on SkyCable. 11pm weekdays. Been watching since Tuesday and it's still synced with the US schedule.

Big casualty is Jon Stewart which is nowhere in the lineup. Any chance Solar will come to its senses anytime soon?

2nd ave daw un ilalagay

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
Had a bit of MAXXX Marathon last night. Saw AOTS, XPlay, Keys to the VIP... and their late night adult oriented shows. Pretty ok. But I'll miss the up-to-date WWE programs that JACK has.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
Who can I e-mail at Solar to request that at least Conan O'Brien be placed back to ETC/2nd Avenue?

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
SkyCable subs, here is what you'll gonna miss on JackTV.

WWE PPV
- Royal Rumble, January 27
- No Way Out, February 17
- WrestleMania 24, March 30
- Backlash, April 27
- Judgement Day, May 18
- One Night Stand, June 1
- Vengeance, June 29
- Great American Bash, July 20
- Summer Slam, August 17
- Unforgiven, September 7
- No Mercy, October 5
- Cyber Sunday, October 26
- Survivor Series, November 23
- Armageddon, December 21

New TV Series
- The Big Bang Theory
- The IT Crowd
- Aliens in America
- Rules for Starting Over
- Pushing Daisies (unsure, might be shown on ETC)
- The Peep Show (Season 3)
- Who Wants to be a Superhero (Season 2)
- American Gladiators
- Phenomenon

Offline Don_Camote

• Collector
  • Have a good one!
  • Liked:
To all of you who don't like Sky Cables services, quit complaining and start disconnecting Sky Cable from your homes.  Sky might get the message and hopefully they return those shows you like.  If you continue to stick with them, they'll say - we are not losing much customers so the gambit must be okay.

There is one thing you can do now which is to switch to other cable providers.  Done this already at a much cheaper rate and I am fairly satisfied customer.  I don't want anything to do with Sky anymore, I've had enough of them.

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
npanood ko na ito, sobrang nakakatawa
- The Big Bang Theory
- The IT Crowd

Patalo yng mga condo na exclusing sa sky  >:(

haay eh jacktv at btv lng pinapanood ko sa cable....

Offline idrc23

• Collector
  • Liked:

unfortunately natapos na ung promo ng destiny.

pero available parin ang promo sa mga taga QC SOUTH AREA O sakop ng tandang sora branch like, nova, proj 6,7,8 fairview, etc.

for those who are interested for switching to destiny, just pm for fast application and quick installation.

SAKIM NA MASYADO ANG SKYCABLE

SOBRA NA!

TAMA NA!

LIPAT NA! ! !

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2008 at 09:40 PM by idrc23 »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Dude, your plugs on this thread to contact you to get Destiny are already crystal clear. They're actually already borderline violating the fact that the Marketplace section is already temporarily closed for renovation. Although I agree with your sentiments... we got it already.  :)

SOBRA NA!

TAMA NA!

TIGIL NA! ! !

;D
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:05 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
Basta lang wag bigla mag-require yung Destiny na mag digibox yung mga subs nila, ok na ko sa rates nila.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
My dad mainly watches Solar Sports. Now that it is gone in Sky Cable, Destiny seems to be a better prospect. What the hell is wrong with Sky Cable?  >:( Kaso wala namang Star Movies at National Geographic sa Sky Cable.  :(
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 07:53 PM by GC »
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
My dad mainly watches Solar Sports. Now that it is gone in Sky Cable, Destiny seems to be a better prospect. What the hell is wrong with Sky Cable?  >:( Kaso wala namang Star Movies at National Geographic sa Sky Cable.  :(

It all really depends on what channel you prioritize.  Ako kasi it's really just BTV.  So where BTV is..dun ako.  As long as there's BTV, sulit na sakin yun.

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
on your tvs, has the video quality of the "normal" sky channels (meaning, those not affected by the solar pullout) decreased too? it seems to me that hbo and lifestyle are significantly duller looking now, for example.

Yep, noticed that too. ETC and 2nd Ave on the SBN21 and RJTV channels look ok tho.

So, what's with Discovery Travel & Living on Sky Ch. 25? Is this a permanent thing or just a teaser?  How long is this going to last?  Really digging those tattoo shows.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2008 at 01:17 AM by JdelaCruz »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

So, what's with Discovery Travel & Living on Sky Ch. 25? Is this a permanent thing or just a teaser?  How long is this going to last?  Really digging those tattoo shows.

i don't think it will.. I remember seeing those announcements that roll by under your screen once last year and it mentioned that they will try out some channels only available in their Platinum plan on Ch. 25 on a temporary basis..

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
on your tvs, has the video quality of the "normal" sky channels (meaning, those not affected by the solar pullout) decreased too? it seems to me that hbo and lifestyle are significantly duller looking now, for example.

just one of those things i don't like na about sky. just look at their myx channel. supposed to be music video channel ito, pero ang sama na ng tunog... patay na patay pa ang kulay.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
We already know we're supposed to contact you for Destiny, idrc23.

I'm deleting every single post of yours that repeats that fact, since you've said it at least a dozen times already on this thread.

WE GOT IT ALREADY. Unless you have something new to add to the discussion, please stop.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2008 at 06:16 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline demented_angel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
i don't think it will.. I remember seeing those announcements that roll by under your screen once last year and it mentioned that they will try out some channels only available in their Platinum plan on Ch. 25 on a temporary basis..

they're just airing a special preview of discovery travel and living till jan 8, after that you have to subscribe to skycable platinum to enjoy this channel, BOO!  :-\

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: SkyCable drops JackTV, BTV and Solar Sports
« Reply #230 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 01:53 AM »
The switch is on

SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin M. Henson
Tuesday, January 8, 2008

If you’re a Skycable subscriber and an NBA fan, you’ll be glad to know switching to Global Destiny for your daily dose of pro hoops is now as easy as surfing channels on your remote.

That’s the word from Solar Sports vice president for marketing Jude Turcuato who predicts the exodus from Skycable to Global Destiny will change the complexion of the cable network wars within two or three months.

Turcuato estimates Skycable and Global Destiny dominating close to 80 percent of the Metro Manila subscribers market. Skycable leads the race with Global Destiny a close second, he notes. But Turcuato expects a tied ball game within the first quarter as more and more viewers make the switch because of Solar’s solid content in Global Destiny.

Solar pulled out of Skycable at the turn of the year, bringing BTV, Solar Sports and Jack TV to Global Destiny in a transfer that is particularly significant in the Metro Manila market.

“Solar continues to be the most widely distributed cable channel in the country, more than even HBO,” says Turcuato. “Solar has between 450 to 500 cable affiliates all over the Philippines and Global Destiny is just one of them. Of course, we know Skycable and Global Destiny are the two biggest cable providers around, like PLDT and Globe in telecommunications and ABS-CBN and GMA in free-to-air TV. Switching from Skycable to Global Destiny is a matter of preference and I think the market that matters most to us at Solar is making the switch.”

Turcuato says with BTV, Solar Sports and Jack TV moving out of Skycable, the sports block in Global Destiny is suddenly formidable and unbeatable.

“Now, Global Destiny offers NBA everyday on BTV, ESPN, Star Sports, Eurosport and World Wrestling Entertainment on Jack,” continues Turcuato. “Then, Solar is bringing in PGA Golf, the NFL, the Z Gorres-Vic Darchinyan title eliminator fight, the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez fight for the WBC superfeatherweight championship, Eurocup soccer, the Philippine 9-Ball Open and of course, the Beijing Olympics. You won’t get any of that on Skycable.”

Curiously, Turcuato recalls that some seven or eight years ago, when Star Sports left Skycable, it was Solar that came to the rescue by bringing the NBA to the ABS-CBN cable network.

“Subscribers were switching out of Skycable at the rate of 300 a day for at least a month until Solar stopped the bleeding,” remembers Turcuato. “It’s ironic that now, Solar is leading the charge out of Skycable and we’re anticipating a switch of a much higher rate than 300 a day. Global Destiny is prepared to handle the switch with more cable guys, trucks and wiring equipment.”

Turcuato says Global Destiny will not carry the Skycable staples of ANC, Balls, Lifestyle and Cinema One but counters with CNBC, Fox News, Philippine Box Office, the Al Jazeera network, Discovery Travel and Living and Disney playhouse.

“Some of Global Destiny’s channels like Disney playhouse and Fox News are available through platinum or more expensive subscriptions with Skycable,” says Turcuato. “But there’s a major difference in price. The basic Global Destiny monthly rate is P450 while Skycable is P770 and platinum subscribers pay over P1,000. Even if you’re not an NBA or sports fan, you’ll make the switch because it just makes more economic sense. But if you’re an NBA or sports fan, it’s obviously a great deal.”

Turcuato says his father-in-law’s golfmates in Makati are now linked to Global Destiny because of Solar’s PGA rights. And since ESPN isn’t covering the NFL this season, Global Destiny has become the exclusive home of American pro football, too.

Even the popular “Jay Leno Show” – where Pacquiao is scheduled to appear in drumming up interest for the Marquez rematch – is now exclusive to Global Destiny because its home is Jack TV.

Clearly, the key is the NBA. It’s destiny that interest in the NBA today is sky-high, what with the unpredictable season. According to Turcuato, Solar’s commitment in terms of ratings and market reach to the NBA remains as strong as ever, if not even stronger, with the switch from Skycable to Global Destiny.

Turcuato says Global Destiny has put up a direct hotline, 894-5714, to support the trunkline of 810-2828 so every subscriber is attended to without delay. Joining the bandwagon to Global Destiny couldn’t be easier.

Posted by bossingvic on PinoyExchange.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008 at 01:55 AM by jason13 »

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #231 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 05:02 PM »
To Global Destiny subscribers out there, how is the cable signal in your area.  I'm from Las Pinas and am contemplating on shifting to Destiny cable after Sky pulled out my favorite channels (Solar Sports and BTV).

Offline idrc23

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 01:04 PM »
malinaw bro

paservice mo yan sa destiny

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
they're just airing a special preview of discovery travel and living till jan 8, after that you have to subscribe to skycable platinum to enjoy this channel, BOO!  :-\

It's now previewing Discovery health and home.  Was hooked on Bizarre Foods and Miami Ink shows, too bad the preview week was over. 
If other cable providers can offer it at a lower price, why do Sky ask for premium payment for those other channels?  Obvious na gahaman sa pera tong sky!  >:(

Offline idrc23

• Collector
  • Liked:
It's now previewing Discovery health and home.  Was hooked on Bizarre Foods and Miami Ink shows, too bad the preview week was over. 
If other cable providers can offer it at a lower price, why do Sky ask for premium payment for those other channels?  Obvious na gahaman sa pera tong sky!  >:(

travel and living is available on destiny

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 08:31 AM »
As our cable comes free with the rent, I dont think I have a choice of changing cable providers.

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 07:26 PM »
May Destiny cable ba sa Antipolo area. I really want to make the switch. :)

Offline idrc23

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 09:08 PM »
May Destiny cable ba sa Antipolo area. I really want to make the switch. :)

wala po antay nalang kayo sa satellite na ilalaunch

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 03:15 PM »
may website ba destiny? im missing basketball tv! sana meron din fashion tv

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #239 on: Jan 13, 2008 at 04:21 AM »
idrc,
You've got PM.

Ang BTV ba nasa regular na rate lang ng Destiny or nandun sa may extra na bayad pa? (Pati ESPN and Star Sports etc). Also ano mga movie channels (HBO) ng Destiny? And how's the reception (especially in the Makati area)?
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV