Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243741 times)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #120 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 12:06 PM »

ayun, thanks for the info master.  nakalimutan ko yung exact model ng sub dun kina sir rex :) and i was able to listen to it using the test tone you you lent him. impressive nga. walang ka-effort effort yung 20Hz.

looking at the table, nice performance vs the pb12nsd. it looks like it's more powerful but the svs can consistently go lower. and yeah, since the new pb12nsd are using sledge amps these figures may change. thanks for this data.

i guess the real advantage the 6i has would be it's excellent pricing vs the svs. mukhang good value for the money siya. plus the aesthetics doesn't hurt either. hopefully it comes in dark cherry!  ;D

The 6i appeals to me because of the great bandwidth uniformity (it's flatter above 25Hz) and substantial output (4dB higher on average is not small), while retaining decent extension. It plays louder and flatter than the other pounders from Infinity, Klipsch and Paradigm, while delivering 20Hz output close to the SVS.

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 01:08 PM »

The 6i appeals to me because of the great bandwidth uniformity (it's flatter above 25Hz) and substantial output (4dB higher on average is not small), while retaining decent extension. It plays louder and flatter than the other pounders from Infinity, Klipsch and Paradigm, while delivering 20Hz output close to the SVS.

sir Stagea, nasa magkano ngayon yung PSB 6i sub? Baka matuloy na yung all PSB setup  :)
Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline otep_32

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • DVD Addict
  • Product of the year
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 01:16 PM »
sir Stagea, nasa magkano ngayon yung PSB 6i sub? Baka matuloy na yung all PSB setup  :)
37k srp nito sir..

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 01:23 PM »
Agree with the 6i perfomance. The most obvious advantage of the hd10 is with the output to footprint ratio. In which case it will not pose a problem for small listening areas.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 02:07 PM »
Agree with the 6i perfomance. The most obvious advantage of the hd10 is with the output to footprint ratio. In which case it will not pose a problem for small listening areas.

SubSeries 300 ata pumalit sa SubSeries 6i. Baka mas bagay sa stature ni Master Gerard ang SubSeries 500. ;)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #125 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 03:30 PM »
SubSeries 300 ata pumalit sa SubSeries 6i. Baka mas bagay sa stature ni Master Gerard ang SubSeries 500. ;)

At Watts HiFi the subs are still labeled as "Subsonic" which differs from the web site of PSB. Maybe for Asia they are named differently?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 03:42 PM »
At Watts HiFi the subs are still labeled as "Subsonic" which differs from the web site of PSB. Maybe for Asia they are named differently?

Maybe? I've seen them labeled as Subsonic and as SubSeries online.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #127 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 04:27 AM »

Palimos po master para makabili na ako nito  ;D Mukha siyang pb13ultra na kulang ng isang port  ;D

@Buzzworth
Cash price of the 6i is very attractive. It's competing on the same level of Klipsch RW12D and Polk Audio DSW Pro 660. PM sir Rex/Otep_32 for more details :)

@Beginner
tama idol. gandang sub yan para sa iyong bagong home audio project  ;)

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Feb 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM »
I was watching American Idol in stereo mode and PSB B6 is really something  :), so curiosity got me and I tried different sets of speakers, Bose Acoustimas 5, Denon bookself, and my favorite Diatone speaker but it was really the PSB that keeps amazing me, speacially don sa part ng openning ng AI, ang galing. How I wish I have enough budget to get the higher model of PSB but for now PSB B6 will do.  ;D
Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Feb 25, 2012 at 07:35 PM »
try to audition it and compare with more mainstream brands. i'm sure you would still be surprised how good the B6 is. probably the best one in it's price level.  :)

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Guru
  • If It Sounds Good To You..... :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #130 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM »
try to audition it and compare with more mainstream brands. i'm sure you would still be surprised how good the B6 is. probably the best one in it's price level.  :)

+1... :)
Cayin 55TP + Cayin CD50T + B&W 685 + Rega RP3 + Musiland 01 + Sabre Praetor + Lovan Rack

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Guru
  • If It Sounds Good To You..... :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #131 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM »

I'm a PSB Speaker Lover too..hehe

Image B6 as Fronts
           Image C5 as Center.... :)

Congratz Brader Gerard...heeh :)

Cayin 55TP + Cayin CD50T + B&W 685 + Rega RP3 + Musiland 01 + Sabre Praetor + Lovan Rack

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 05:25 AM »

Image B6 as Fronts

Congratz Brader Gerard...heeh :)

Nagbubuo pa master Pau ng system. Hassle kasi sabay sa valentines tapos magbday pa si kumander. Regaluhan ko nalang kaya ito ng PSB Image C5. Hahaha  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012 at 05:34 AM by sientobente »

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #133 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 06:28 AM »
Nagbubuo pa master Pau ng system. Hassle kasi sabay sa valentines tapos magbday pa si kumander. Regaluhan ko nalang kaya ito ng PSB Image C5. Hahaha  ;D

Sir Gerard, question kamusta ang sq nang PSB compared sa focal? I'm just curious. I Have yet to hear a PSB speaker kase :) yung highs and midbass?
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 07:40 AM »
Sir Gerard, question kamusta ang sq nang PSB compared sa focal? I'm just curious. I Have yet to hear a PSB speaker kase :) yung highs and midbass?

Master Jao, goodmorning  :) Naku master ibang level pa rin ang focal vs psb. Lalo na kapag naka beryllium tweets. i'll just compare the entry level focal chorus vs the psb imagine series due to my familiarity with the focal aluminum tweets and my extensive auditioning of the imagine.

for focal, highs are a lot more extended and sweet compared to an imagine t. it has an airy crisp sound which I think is a focal trademark.

sa psb naman, it's more dynamic and has more presence. a bit forward but not aggressive. has a wide soundstage compared to having that focal airy feel.

midbass wise, i haven't listened to a chorus tower yet so i guess this isn't a fair comparison but focal's polyglass drivers are known to have a polite midbass sound. so it's tight without any overhang. for psb, the midbass is strong and pronounced.

;)
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012 at 09:00 AM by sientobente »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 02, 2012 at 03:58 AM »
Nagbubuo pa master Pau ng system. Hassle kasi sabay sa valentines tapos magbday pa si kumander. Regaluhan ko nalang kaya ito ng PSB Image C5. Hahaha  ;D

Good choice Master Gerard! ;D

Image B6 as Fronts

Surround na lang ang kailangan, set na. ;D

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #136 on: Mar 02, 2012 at 08:10 AM »
Master Jao, goodmorning  :) Naku master ibang level pa rin ang focal vs psb. Lalo na kapag naka beryllium tweets. i'll just compare the entry level focal chorus vs the psb imagine series due to my familiarity with the focal aluminum tweets and my extensive auditioning of the imagine.

for focal, highs are a lot more extended and sweet compared to an imagine t. it has an airy crisp sound which I think is a focal trademark.

sa psb naman, it's more dynamic and has more presence. a bit forward but not aggressive. has a wide soundstage compared to having that focal airy feel.

midbass wise, i haven't listened to a chorus tower yet so i guess this isn't a fair comparison but focal's polyglass drivers are known to have a polite midbass sound. so it's tight without any overhang. for psb, the midbass is strong and pronounced.

;)

Thank you bro. I'll sir Arn kung pwede kong mapakinggan yung psb setup nya :)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Mar 03, 2012 at 06:58 AM »
Good choice Master Gerard! ;D

Kapag ginawa ko yun master, sigurado ihahampas nya sakin yung center speaker  ;D

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Mar 03, 2012 at 09:38 AM »
Thank you bro. I'll sir Arn kung pwede kong mapakinggan yung psb setup nya  :)

Naku napaganda nga nun Sir Jao. My dream HT  :)

Offline dvdspike

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • The truth in the music is in your hearing!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Mar 13, 2012 at 09:39 PM »
37k srp nito sir..

PSB spkrs and NAD do they go together well? For a 326bee which PSB would be suitable? Price and where to buy? I like vocals and classical music tia mga experts!
I BELIEVE IN HORN TECHNOLOGY

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM »
PSB spkrs and NAD do they go together well? For a 326bee which PSB would be suitable? Price and where to buy? I like vocals and classical music tia mga experts!

They do. Quoting PSB's Website:

"Our parent company owns a well respected, critically acclaimed line of electronic components called NAD Electronics. NAD offers a wide variety of audio and video components for custom installation, home theater and hi-fi applications. These products offer outstanding performance, value and simplicity while complimenting the line of PSB speakers beautifully."

For the C326BEE, check out the PSB Image series speakers. Remember to listen before you buy.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM by Stagea »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 05:22 AM »

If you are near the makati area, Watts Hifi in Makati Cinema Square carries them. Sobrang bait pa ng mga may-ari nun. They will let you audition almost everything to your contentment. Plus he gives out the best prices pa. You can PM otep_32.  ;)

For me the 326bee and psb image b6 works very well together. If want more bass, try their floorstanders. Their Image series are very easy to power. The 326bee is capable enough to power the T6. I even tried it with the Imagine T. The latter combo blew me away.  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 at 05:24 AM by sientobente »

Offline dvdspike

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 05:49 AM »
If you are near the makati area, Watts Hifi in Makati Cinema Square carries them. Sobrang bait pa ng mga may-ari nun. They will let you audition almost everything to your contentment. Plus he gives out the best prices pa. You can PM otep_32.  ;)

For me the 326bee and psb image b6 works very well together. If want more bass, try their floorstanders. Their Image series are very easy to power. The 326bee is capable enough to power the T6. I even tried it with the Imagine T. The latter combo blew me away.  :)

Thanks for the info sir mababait po ba sa chicks mga tao sa watt hifi papupuntahin ko sana anak kong kolegiala  :)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:06 AM »
Thanks for the info sir mababait po ba sa chicks mga tao sa watt hifi papupuntahin ko sana anak kong kolegiala  :)

sakto sir, mas matalas ang pandinig ng mga babae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_range
"There is a difference in sensitivity of hearing between the sexes, with women typically having a higher sensitivity to higher frequencies than men.The vibrations of the ossicular chain displace the basilar fluid in the cochlea, causing the hairs within it, called Stereocilia, to vibrate. Hairs line the cochlea from base to apex, and the part stimulated and the intensity of stimulation gives an indication of the nature of the sound. Information gathered from the hair cells is sent via the auditory nerve for processing in the brain."

if she's into audio, i'm sure she will enjoy her time there  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:06 AM by sientobente »

Offline dvdspike

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:36 AM »
sakto sir, mas matalas ang pandinig ng mga babae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_range
"There is a difference in sensitivity of hearing between the sexes, with women typically having a higher sensitivity to higher frequencies than men.The vibrations of the ossicular chain displace the basilar fluid in the cochlea, causing the hairs within it, called Stereocilia, to vibrate. Hairs line the cochlea from base to apex, and the part stimulated and the intensity of stimulation gives an indication of the nature of the sound. Information gathered from the hair cells is sent via the auditory nerve for processing in the brain."

if she's into audio, i'm sure she will enjoy her time there  :)
::) Totoo yan amigo! She heard the Atom 7 and liked it hope the PSB will prove itself.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:43 AM »
::) Totoo yan amigo! She heard the Atom 7 and liked it hope the PSB will prove itself.

Watts Hifi also carries Paradigm plus many other brands. She can go there and compare to her heart's content :) The 326bee should also be available there, so you don't need to bring your amp anymore to know how the pairing with each speaker would be.  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:46 AM by sientobente »

Offline dvdspike

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 06:25 PM »
Watts Hifi also carries Paradigm plus many other brands. She can go there and compare to her heart's content :) The 326bee should also be available there, so you don't need to bring your amp anymore to know how the pairing with each speaker would be.  :)

Well I decided on getting the PSB6 Image just one query are the speaker binding posts banana? If they are pin type does anyone know where I can have my speaker cables wired? Thanks for all the tips in helping me arrive at a very sound decision. The watts hifi price was 350 pesos lower, but am gonna spend that much on a taxi going so I just got mine at SNS  shang less the  traffic of Makati. Yun nga lang ala masyado PR  hehe maybe coz I was just plain.
 ;D

Offline Carps

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM »
Well I decided on getting the PSB6 Image just one query are the speaker binding posts banana? If they are pin type does anyone know where I can have my speaker cables wired? Thanks for all the tips in helping me arrive at a very sound decision. The watts hifi price was 350 pesos lower, but am gonna spend that much on a taxi going so I just got mine at SNS  shang less the  traffic of Makati. Yun nga lang ala masyado PR  hehe maybe coz I was just plain.
 ;D

Yes sir kaya banana plugs. You have to remove the plastic cover lang sa mga posts so you can insert the plugs

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 06:02 AM »
Well I decided on getting the PSB6 Image just one query are the speaker binding posts banana? If they are pin type does anyone know where I can have my speaker cables wired? Thanks for all the tips in helping me arrive at a very sound decision. The watts hifi price was 350 pesos lower, but am gonna spend that much on a taxi going so I just got mine at SNS  shang less the  traffic of Makati. Yun nga lang ala masyado PR  hehe maybe coz I was just plain.
 ;D

Congrats on the B6 Sir Matt! Great choice! I hope you are enjoying those awesome gears right now  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2012 at 06:04 AM by sientobente »

Offline dvdspike

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM »
Congrats on the B6 Sir Matt! Great choice! I hope you are enjoying those awesome gears right now  :)

Still have to pick them up ala pa stock kahapon. Are the binding posts banana?