Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243709 times)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #330 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 06:37 PM »
Actually, nauna yung xpa5 ng one year sa PSB ko, bro....  :)

Is there a difference in SQ if powered by EMO yung speaks vs powered by Denon itself? Na compare mo ba bro?
Walang Setup

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #331 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 07:08 PM »
Is there a difference in SQ if powered by EMO yung speaks vs powered by Denon itself? Na compare mo ba bro?

Yes it did, as I recall with my speakers then, the Mission m30 series, especially at higher volumes. When I got the PSBs I didn't try them without the emo anymore.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #332 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 01:38 AM »
Saan nakakabit yung speakers, dun sa C375EE?

Yes. The power section of the C375BEE will always be driving the main speakers. Yung switcher is to select lang between the preamp of the C375BEE or the preout ng AVR.

The switcher will be inserted in-line along the Pre-Out 1 to Main In loop. The switcher will choose between Pre-Out 1 or AVR as the source.

Audio sources will hook directly to the C375BEE's line inputs (or modules, if you're using the optional phono and DAC modules), while video sources will go through the AVR.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 01:45 AM by Stagea »

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:19 AM »
Yes. The power section of the C375BEE will always be driving the main speakers. Yung switcher is to select lang between the preamp of the C375BEE or the preout ng AVR.

The switcher will be inserted in-line along the Pre-Out 1 to Main In loop. The switcher will choose between Pre-Out 1 or AVR as the source.

Audio sources will hook directly to the C375BEE's line inputs (or modules, if you're using the optional phono and DAC modules), while video sources will go through the AVR.

Thanks, Ivan! Gets ko na. Hmmm, interesting.  :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:32 AM »
Thanks, Ivan! Gets ko na. Hmmm, interesting.  :)

You're welcome, sir Arn. There's no harm in trying. ;)

To prove that the C375BEE's internals is the same as the C275BEE, NAD actually recommends the use of the C275BEE to augment the C375BEE when running in bridge mode (if you really need the headroom). One side would be powered by the C375BEE, while the other would be powered by the C275BEE. NAD claims over 400WPC in this configuration. Vertical and Horizontal Biamping setups are also possible with the C375 + C275 combo.

The C375 alone would do just fine in most cases, however. The price is a steal, as you're essentially getting a C165BEE equivalent for almost nothing (the C375 is priced just above the C275). The MDC DAC and PP 375 expansion modules can be added when a need for them arises.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 06:00 AM by Stagea »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:20 AM »

To prove that the C375BEE's internals is the same as the C275BEE, NAD actually recommends the use of the C275BEE to augment the C375BEE when running in bridge mode (if you really need the headroom). One side would be powered by the C375BEE, while the other would be powered by the C275BEE. NAD claims over 400WPC in this configuration. Vertical and Horizontal Biamping setups are also possible with the C375 + C275 combo.

The C375 alone would do just fine in most cases, however. The price is a steal, as you're essentially getting a C165BEE equivalent for almost nothing (the C375 is priced just above the C275). The MDC DAC and PP 375 expansion modules can be added when a need for them arises.

Interesting nga... hmmm... Sir gaol.. pag pumunta ka sa route na to sabihan mo ako at nang mapakinggan... Specially your Imagine T2's...
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:14 AM »
Interesting nga... hmmm... Sir gaol.. pag pumunta ka sa route na to sabihan mo ako at nang mapakinggan... Specially your Imagine T2's...

Imagine T ata yung kay Master Arn. Bagong labas lang yung T2 eh.

Yung NAD C390DD interested ako marinig. The C390DD is the baby M2, much like how the C375BEE is the baby M3.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:17 AM »
Imagine T ata yung kay Master Arn. Bagong labas lang yung T2 eh.

Yung NAD C390DD interested ako marinig. The C390DD is the baby M2, much like how the C375BEE is the baby M3.

Nag upgrade na sya sa T2. He posted it sa Gallery nya he he he...
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:21 AM »
Nag upgrade na sya sa T2. He posted it sa Gallery nya he he he...

Oh wow! Galing naman! Di ko pa narinig yan T2. :) Congrats Master Arn!

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 04:26 PM »
Napansin ko lang sa PSB, maliliit yung speakers nila pero ang ganda tumunog.. The Synchrony One is very thin and small pero hanep naman.. Para kang nag papa spa habang nakikinig.. Very relaxing :)

KASALANAN MO TO DERICK he he he
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #340 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
Small speakers, big sound :)

Try nyo Imagine mini. Really small speakers, but the bass was unbelievable. It fooled me to thinking that the bass were coming from a floorstander.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 06:37 PM »
Small speakers, big sound :)

Try nyo Imagine mini. Really small speakers, but the bass was unbelievable. It fooled me to thinking that the bass were coming from a floorstander.

I agree, Small but sounded really big... ang galing..

I saw that pero di ko na try he he he... Ma try nga pag balik ko he he he...

Walang Setup

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 06:39 PM »

Actually, there is potential harm ... to the wallet!  ;D ;D ;D

But as you put it, between the 275 and the 375, the 375 really looks to be the more compelling proposition.  :)

Sure bro!  :)

Oh wow! Galing naman! Di ko pa narinig yan T2. :) Congrats Master Arn!

Thanks, Thanks, Master Ivan!  :) :)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 08:36 PM »

Is the release here of this model has the DAC? Phono? or Both Modules?
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM »
Last time I checked, the C375BEE DAC isn't available yet even it's MDC DAC. The one locally sold is the regular C375BEE with the NAD PP375(phono) MDC. As soon as the MDC DAC gets released, you can install it on the extra slot at the back of the amp.

The NAD product I'm waiting for is the C546BEE.  :)

NAD + PSB = FTW!  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM »
Last time I checked, the C375BEE DAC isn't available yet even it's MDC DAC. The one locally sold is the regular C375BEE with the NAD PP375(phono) MDC. As soon as the MDC DAC gets released, you can install it on the extra slot at the back of the amp.

The NAD product I'm waiting for is the C546BEE.  :)

NAD + PSB = FTW!  ;)

So walang C375BEE dito na may DAC pa and di pa available talaga yung module, even sa US?
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM »
So walang C375BEE dito na may DAC pa and di pa available talaga yung module, even sa US?

Probably it's already available in the US but I wouldn't bother that much on that MDC DAC upgrade on the C375BEE. The MDC DAC is priced at US$250. With that kind of price, I believe you can buy better performing external DACs like a Musiland 03.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM »
Probably it's already available in the US but I wouldn't bother that much on that MDC DAC upgrade on the C375BEE. The MDC DAC is priced at US$250. With that kind of price, I believe you can buy better performing external DACs like a Musiland 03.

Mahal he he he....
Walang Setup

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Guru
  • If It Sounds Good To You..... :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #348 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 06:33 AM »
Mahal he he he....

mga Brader wala namng mahal sa inyo ni gerard eh....hehehe

im sure after few months pareho na kayong meron nyan...hehe

just PM me Brader jayson kung tuloy tyo this weekends...

regards sa lahat... :)
Cayin 55TP + Cayin CD50T + B&W 685 + Rega RP3 + Musiland 01 + Sabre Praetor + Lovan Rack

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 07:14 AM »
mga Brader wala namng mahal sa inyo ni gerard eh....hehehe

im sure after few months pareho na kayong meron nyan...hehe

just PM me Brader jayson kung tuloy tyo this weekends...

regards sa lahat... :)

Bro sent you PM...
Walang Setup

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #350 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM »
Im currently using a NAD 326 for my Imagine B. Im looking for more clarity, soundstage, instrument separation, and bass. Can you recommend an amp for my planned upgrade? Apart from the NAD 375, what other amps can I consider? Preferably same price level as the 375 or cheaper. As you may know, the Imagines are 4 ohms.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 03:00 PM »
Im currently using a NAD 326 for my Imagine B. Im looking for more clarity, soundstage, instrument separation, and bass. Can you recommend an amp for my planned upgrade? Apart from the NAD 375, what other amps can I consider? Preferably same price level as the 375 or cheaper. As you may know, the Imagines are 4 ohms.

CA, Marantz or Rotel i guess?
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 05:29 PM »

How much toe are you running? How far are your speakers from the room boundaries? What source and cables are you using?

Before you choose another amp, try to  mix and match your components first (if you have extra ones). Try keeping the pair away from walls and adding a little more toe. As for the bass, you can have a small sub handle that.

Offline NeilJohn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #353 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 06:19 PM »
Hi Sirs,

I'm currently researching as I would like to build my first HT / Audio system. I live in a condo, which limits my choice to smallish BS speakers. Would you guys recommend the imagine mini 5.1 (L, R, Surrounds with mini centre c and subseries 1) set-up to go with an Onkyo 616? It will be used in the living room / dining  ~20 - 25 sq m. with 70/30 video - music.

I'm also looking at the Q2000i but I am not quite sure if they're available locally. Haven't seen sellers from this forum yet.  I'd appreciate if you can give alternatives to these. Kindly point me in the right direction for auditioning these systems as well.

Thanks very much.

Neil

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
Sir Stagea, it is toed in such that the sweet spot is 10 feet from the speakers. I do not know the angle. Sabre metal stands. Im using a NAD 515 CDP, Ecosse MKIV speaker cables, Cal's ICs and Yaquin CD2. Speakers are 2.5 feet from rear wall and 3 feet from side walls. This the maximum placement. Also using a streamline conditioner. I just feel that the speakers are hungry for more juice. I do not play very loud. Usually 9 o clock at the volume knob is sufficient for me. Will a more powerful amp give more detail and clarity at the same volume?m

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM »
Sir Stagea, it is toed in such that the sweet spot is 10 feet from the speakers. I do not know the angle. Sabre metal stands. Im using a NAD 515 CDP, Ecosse MKIV speaker cables, Cal's ICs and Yaquin CD2. Speakers are 2.5 feet from rear wall and 3 feet from side walls. This the maximum placement. Also using a streamline conditioner. I just feel that the speakers are hungry for more juice. I do not play very loud. Usually 9 o clock at the volume knob is sufficient for me. Will a more powerful amp give more detail and clarity at the same volume?m

Well, Ashley mentioned that he recommends at least a C355/C356 for the Imagine B. The C565BEE and the C375BEE are great with the Imagine series, in my experience. However, if you're a full-time analytical listener then you may want to try another brand for your source and amplifier. NADs aren't the most revealing gear, but they make a good balance for most people. Higher model NADs will give you more authority and improvements across the board with more or less a similar house sound. If you're looking for a different sound, then you should start cross-shopping and auditioning your other options.

Start with the basics. Take out the tube buffer and the power conditioner to eliminate extra causes/sources of compression, noise and distortion. The system should be likable at this level, or there is likely something wrong with the matching. Roll whatever ICs and cables you have to get closest to the sound that you're after. You can also bring these with you to your dealer, to simulate your setup with the same gear. This way you can switch between what you have and what they have just to open up possible options (ICs, speaker cables, amps and sources). Once you're back home, fine-tune your toe then play with the tone controls (yes, they can be useful in some systems).

Once you nailed the best combination for your gear, listen to it for sometime to see if it's enough to satisfy you. At this point, you can try adding back the other things that you had in the chain, then carefully evaluate if they make a positive impact (or if they just change the sound).

After doing this exercise, you should have a good idea of whether you need new electronics (or whether you should be looking within the NAD family or from another brand altogether if you do decide to replace your electronics).

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries sir.

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #357 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 01:52 AM »
Well, Ashley mentioned that he recommends at least a C355/C356 for the Imagine B. The C565BEE and the C375BEE are great with the Imagine series, in my experience. However, if you're a full-time analytical listener then you may want to try another brand for your source and amplifier. NADs aren't the most revealing gear, but they make a good balance for most people. Higher model NADs will give you more authority and improvements across the board with more or less a similar house sound. If you're looking for a different sound, then you should start cross-shopping and auditioning your other options.

Start with the basics. Take out the tube buffer and the power conditioner to eliminate extra causes/sources of compression, noise and distortion. The system should be likable at this level, or there is likely something wrong with the matching. Roll whatever ICs and cables you have to get closest to the sound that you're after. You can also bring these with you to your dealer, to simulate your setup with the same gear. This way you can switch between what you have and what they have just to open up possible options (ICs, speaker cables, amps and sources). Once you're back home, fine-tune your toe then play with the tone controls (yes, they can be useful in some systems).

Once you nailed the best combination for your gear, listen to it for sometime to see if it's enough to satisfy you. At this point, you can try adding back the other things that you had in the chain, then carefully evaluate if they make a positive impact (or if they just change the sound).

After doing this exercise, you should have a good idea of whether you need new electronics (or whether you should be looking within the NAD family or from another brand altogether if you do decide to replace your electronics).

commendable advise brother. mix and match muna with what you have to isolate the cause kung bakit gusto mo mag upgrade.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries sir.

play just one track all throughout the process. toe in the speakers, change the speaker cables, change jumper cables, reposition the speakers against the walls, plus to a different outlet etc. lahat ng pwede mo gawin without spending a dime gawin mo. kung wala pa rin maybe you should visit an AV shop to try something different

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Jul 24, 2012 at 02:33 PM »
Hi Sirs,

I'm currently researching as I would like to build my first HT / Audio system. I live in a condo, which limits my choice to smallish BS speakers. Would you guys recommend the imagine mini 5.1 (L, R, Surrounds with mini centre c and subseries 1) set-up to go with an Onkyo 616? It will be used in the living room / dining  ~20 - 25 sq m. with 70/30 video - music.

I'm also looking at the Q2000i but I am not quite sure if they're available locally. Haven't seen sellers from this forum yet.  I'd appreciate if you can give alternatives to these. Kindly point me in the right direction for auditioning these systems as well.

Thanks very much.

Neil

That's a nice set you are eyeing for. although the onkyo 616 is capable of driving those speakers, i believe it won't be able to maximize the potential of that speaker set. you can look at the imagine series, they are easier to drive. try to look at the b4 and c4 whose almost the same size as the imagine mini but more affordable  :)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Jul 24, 2012 at 03:45 PM »
That's a nice set you are eyeing for. although the onkyo 616 is capable of driving those speakers, i believe it won't be able to maximize the potential of that speaker set. you can look at the imagine series, they are easier to drive. try to look at the b4 and c4 whose almost the same size as the imagine mini but more affordable  :)

Image series ROCKSSSSS.... ;)
Walang Setup