Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243757 times)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #540 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
Perfect combo ang NAD + PSB. Galing. :)

Yup sir.. It's like they are made for one another... Will probably stay with this combo for a long long time..
Walang Setup

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #541 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 08:46 PM »
Yup sir.. It's like they are made for one another... Will probably stay with this combo for a long long time..

Bro., pabulong magkano inabot yung 165 +275 combo, baka puede ko na i-unload ung 725 ko.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #542 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 09:50 PM »
Bro., pabulong magkano inabot yung 165 +275 combo, baka puede ko na i-unload ung 725 ko.

Bili na bro di ka mag sisisi he he he... Pero bago pa 725 mo ah.. Ano speaks na gamit mo dyan?
Walang Setup

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #543 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 12:38 AM »
Bili na bro di ka mag sisisi he he he... Pero bago pa 725 mo ah.. Ano speaks na gamit mo dyan?

Matagal na ung 725 paired with a 545 cdp ko, kaya looking at an upgrade at NAD pa din siempre. Using the 725 to drive my Klipsch RF-62ii. Mahilig kasi ako sa horns. :D

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #544 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 02:06 AM »
Will the Imagine B work well with tube amps? or they prefer high current amps like the Dyns?

Cheers :)
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #545 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 02:18 AM »
Will the Imagine B work well with tube amps? or they prefer high current amps like the Dyns?

Cheers :)

As with most of today's speakers, they measure better with high current amps. However, a tube amp can still work if you like the character of one.

Rex might be able to help you partner them with Cayin gear (or you can bring your components for trial-matching). The imagine B dips to 3 ohms in the mid to bass region, and can get very capacitive. It's recommended to use the 4 ohm tap, if your amp has one.

With a high current amp, one can extract a very clean and neutral output from this speaker:

The only other sub-100k standmount that I've seen measure comparably is the LSiM703.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012 at 05:21 AM by Stagea »

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #546 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 02:23 AM »
My Imagine B worked with a 52W Yaqin but at moderate volume. Loved the sound.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 02:24 AM »
As with most of today's speakers, they measure better with high current amps. However, a tube amp can still work if you like the character of one.

Rex might be able to help you partner them with Cayin gear (or you can bring your components for trial-matching).

I'll ask him to connect one to a cayin and then sana ma side by side ko sa Epos epic 2.

hehehe, now there's an excuse to drop by MCS uli :D
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 02:25 AM »
My Imagine B worked with a 52W Yaqin but at moderate volume. Loved the sound.

:D Hmmm..... must hear na talaga to. hehehehe :D
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #549 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 04:07 AM »
I'm not saying na pangit yung before when i'm using the AVR to power my T6.. Actually maganda na sya and nag explore lang ako kung may igaganda pa so i decided to buy the NAD separates.

The NOW setup really made my T6 sing beautifully. Cant stop smiling everytime i hit the Play button..

Me and Gerard heard the 165 and 275 with Imagine T2 and it's just so amazing. Ganda ng crispyness ng SQ.. pero again hindi naman nag pahuli ang T6 actually lamang naman sa bass department ang T6. Pero overall department lamang ang T2 but again it costs more than double the price of T6.. So i'll stick sa T6 for now and maybe longer... Planning to get another T6 next year for dedicated Audio... Ayaw kong tanggalin ang T6 sa HT kasi.. It just sound so good he he he...

Congrats with your new gear, sir. Dedicated audio components are usually of better quality as you pay for fewer features and parts, meaning your money can end up in better components and a superior design.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #550 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 05:38 AM »
Actually ang kasama sa Notepad eh NAD C565 BEE na CD player... eh since may DAC naman ako na REGA i choose to get the 515 instead para gawing transport and use REGA as DAC.. Yung MF kaya ko lang nabili yun gawa ng LAPTOP...

Dream come true for me.. suppose to be for next year dapat pero di talaga mapigilan ang lecheng ITCH...

INaaway nga pala ako ni misis nung makita nya ang total BILL ha ha ha ha

pasensya na kamo....nagsasama ka sa mangkukulam na katulad ko sa AUDIO haha.....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #551 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 04:48 PM »
psb teammates good afternoon.

i finished 1 project this year, my 2 channel set-up = imagine b + cayin hybrid h-100.  nung narinig ko yung h-100 sa audio amplified di na ako nakarating ng MCS for the NADs.

yung ht set-up ko sa masters bedroom, i am planning to change from 5.1 to 2.1 to declutter.  ask ko lang which is better, for this purpose and for 80% music and 20% movies, Image B6 or MA BX2 or something else (around 25K), prefers warm sounding speakers?  please recommend.  TIA!   O0

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #552 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 04:51 PM »
by the way planning to use HK 3490 or you might have a better suggestion?  need ko yung FM/AM.   O0

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: Dec 08, 2012 at 10:37 AM »
Pa OT lang sandali since madami namang NAD + PSB users dito, what do you think about this review about the NAD 375 here: http://www.whathifi.com/review/nad-c375bee/specs medyo negative yung dating eh.

I might end up getting one kasi by the end of the month. Di na ko makapaghintay to get the Musical Fidelity.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #554 on: Dec 08, 2012 at 11:45 AM »
Pa OT lang sandali since madami namang NAD + PSB users dito, what do you think about this review about the NAD 375 here: http://www.whathifi.com/review/nad-c375bee/specs medyo negative yung dating eh.

I might end up getting one kasi by the end of the month. Di na ko makapaghintay to get the Musical Fidelity.

Master, as per ivanpedia the nad 5 series(315,325,375 etc) sounds better than the 6 series(316, 326, 356) because the highs in the 6 series is a bit tamed. This was also evident on my 326 vs my ca 550a where the latter has a better extension in the hf.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: Dec 08, 2012 at 11:50 AM »
psb teammates good afternoon.

i finished 1 project this year, my 2 channel set-up = imagine b + cayin hybrid h-100.  nung narinig ko yung h-100 sa audio amplified di na ako nakarating ng MCS for the NADs.

yung ht set-up ko sa masters bedroom, i am planning to change from 5.1 to 2.1 to declutter.  ask ko lang which is better, for this purpose and for 80% music and 20% movies, Image B6 or MA BX2 or something else (around 25K), prefers warm sounding speakers?  please recommend.  TIA!   O0

If you are going to use a tube hybrid amp, my guess is the bx2 might suit you better. I have heard the rx2 with a cayin a100t(not sure of the model but its the high current one) and it sounds very liquid and relaxed. Perfect pangromansa! :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 02:16 PM »
Master, as per ivanpedia the nad 5 series(315,325,375 etc) sounds better than the 6 series(316, 326, 356) because the highs in the 6 series is a bit tamed. This was also evident on my 326 vs my ca 550a where the latter has a better extension in the hf.

Baligtad, master. Yung 3x6 series ang hotter ng konti yung highs kesa sa 3x5 series. I prefer the voicing of the 3x5 series, since everything sounds more integrated (especially when matched with older PSBs like the current Imagine, Synchrony and Alpha products). The 3x6 series works well with the new Image series, as those are voiced to work with the 3x6 models.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 02:26 PM »

Reviews vary, especially since it's largely subjective. Try it and see if it works for you.

From a measurement standpoint (based on Primedia's numbers), it's hard to do any better at this price.

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 02:28 PM »

There is an old saying that you should get what you like so you don't end up liking what you get. Reviews help a lot but note that all reviews are system, room, and listener dependent. I recently heard a set up that surprised me. Mostly DIY stuff but it was the sound I was looking for. Clinical but still musical. I suggest you home audition the 375. As for the MF, if that is the same one being sold by Debbie, ask if he can let you audition it. Very nice guy. One of the old timers who know a lot about audio.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 02:36 PM »
Baligtad, master. Yung 3x6 series ang hotter ng konti yung highs kesa sa 3x5 series. I prefer the voicing of the 3x5 series, since everything sounds more integrated (especially when matched with older PSBs like the current Imagine, Synchrony and Alpha products). The 3x6 series works well with the new Image series, as those are voiced to work with the 3x6 models.

so master that means in hf extension cambridge > 3x6 > 3x5? but yeah a wider hf extension doesn't necessarily translate to a better sounding equipment. gear matching pa rin  O0
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012 at 02:44 PM by sientobente »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 04:34 PM »
so master that means in hf extension cambridge > 3x6 > 3x5? but yeah a wider hf extension doesn't necessarily translate to a better sounding equipment. gear matching pa rin  O0

All have good extension, but it's hard to prevent a mild emphasis in certain frequencies. Old NADs had strong bottom end response, with a very mild but audible rolloff in HF. This, together with their good dynamic reserve made them act like big amps when it comes to transients and give off a fairly forgiving sound. A lot of other brands have the same thing going on in one form or another.

NAD tried to go for a more neutral character with the 3x6 series, but the change just didn't come out to my preference. The extra sparkle sometimes sound a bit artificial to my ears (a bit out of place), as the midrange still lacks the bite of an aggressive-sounding amplifier. They're still good amplifiers, I just find the 3x5 models more coherent from top to bottom, especially when partnered with the Imagine line.

The current Image line is voiced for the 3x6 amps on the other hand (afaik), which can make them sound a tad dark with 3x5 components.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: Dec 10, 2012 at 02:36 AM »
All have good extension, but it's hard to prevent a mild emphasis in certain frequencies. Old NADs had strong bottom end response, with a very mild but audible rolloff in HF. This, together with their good dynamic reserve made them act like big amps when it comes to transients and give off a fairly forgiving sound. A lot of other brands have the same thing going on in one form or another.

NAD tried to go for a more neutral character with the 3x6 series, but the change just didn't come out to my preference. The extra sparkle sometimes sound a bit artificial to my ears (a bit out of place), as the midrange still lacks the bite of an aggressive-sounding amplifier. They're still good amplifiers, I just find the 3x5 models more coherent from top to bottom, especially when partnered with the Imagine line.

The current Image line is voiced for the 3x6 amps on the other hand (afaik), which can make them sound a tad dark with 3x5 components.

ayun pala, paging master jason. bagay na bagay pala dyan sa xx5 separates mo ang psb imagine  O0

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: Dec 10, 2012 at 07:52 PM »
AND we're back with discussing the Alpha B1s :D

Any tips on how to remove the Grills?

TIA.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: Dec 10, 2012 at 08:13 PM »
AND we're back with discussing the Alpha B1s :D

Any tips on how to remove the Grills?

TIA.

that was my problem too  ;D, according to this article, you have to have a small enough to slide through the edges to pry it off.
http://www.psbspeakers.com/articles/GS-Review---Alpha-B1

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 06:33 AM »
Reviews vary, especially since it's largely subjective. Try it and see if it works for you.

From a measurement standpoint (based on Primedia's numbers), it's hard to do any better at this price.

Yeah... I just realized that WHF has component rack reviews on how they sound. I'd understand speaker stand reviews. Call me ignorant but component rack reviews sound a bit too crazy for me. :D

I think the 375bee review from WHF was just bad subjective taste (and possibly looks).
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 06:59 AM »
I think the 375bee review from WHF was just bad subjective taste (and possibly looks).

WHF is about subjective reviews (listening tests). They very rarely measure stuff nowadays.

Imo, they have shifted from a legit HiFi publication to something closer to T3. I'm not even sure how much time they spend with each particular product nowadays. They do have good people there who really care. I just think that the magazine is going this direction to survive. I sure hope that they don't end up like Top Gear in the process (more entertainment, less information).

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012 at 07:10 AM by Stagea »

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #566 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM »
eyesore nga yang 375bee
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
WHF is about subjective reviews (listening tests). They very rarely measure stuff nowadays.

Imo, they have shifted from a legit HiFi publication to something closer to T3. I'm not even sure how much time they spend with each particular product nowadays. They do have good people there who really care. I just think that the magazine is going this direction to survive. I sure hope that they don't end up like Top Gear in the process (more entertainment, less information).

I thought you are gonna say WHF is like FHM in reviewing gears. They'd better focus on featuring more skin in their mags than add substandard reviews in their pages  ;D

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 01:52 PM »
I thought you are gonna say WHF is like FHM in reviewing gears. They'd better focus on featuring more skin in their mags than add substandard reviews in their pages  ;D

No naman. They actually have nice people there. Sa forums nila ako active bago ko nadiscover ang PDVD. Very accessible and down to earth mga reviewers and experts ng Haymarket Media doon.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012 at 01:56 PM by Stagea »

Offline melbourne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #569 on: Dec 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM »
I've been doing good this year so Santa left something for me at my doorstep.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM by melbourne »