Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243766 times)

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #660 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 03:19 PM »
The PSB Alpha B1 really performs beyond its price range.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #661 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 06:37 PM »
^ AMEN.  >:D

esteh :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #662 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 06:43 PM »
Hello friends, before anything else, let me give my thanks to Sir Rex aka otep_32 of Watt Hifi for giving me the chance to audition a PSB+ NAD setup yesterday 11am. The setup was the entry level PSB Alpha B1, NAD C326BEE amplifier + NAD CD Player as source. My own impressions are: The sound is very similar to my Grado SR60 headphones, in fact I could call it as Grado SR60 version of speakers but with a few slightly differences namely: (1) The highs are more tamed on the PSB speakers (2) the midrange is more forward on Grado SR60 but not that much, making the PSB more balanced sounding

If I could bring home the setup I've audition then I could be able to share already the sound of music I am listening daily on my Grado SR60 with my family.

You may ask, what is Grado sound? Grado is an American headphone which is considered by some headphone audiophiles as the gateway drug to audiophile sound. It has a forward midrange, sparkling highs, has right amount of bass. Its negative to some headfiers is the highs sometimes could be piercing which lead to a fatiguing sound. Sometimes I only have short listening sessions on my Grado because sometimes my ears get easily fatigued.

When I auditioned, I was surprised and ask the assistant of otep_32 to verify if the center speaker is having sound. He answered only the bookshelf speakers are creating the sound. This is where the magic of speakers positioning. My headphones could deliver to me the sound through left and right ears, not in front. I was really really amazed when the music was playing over the pair of bookshelf speakers, the singer was simply located in the middle where the center speaker was placed. The singer really came alive out of these speakers. This is what speakers can do that headphones can't. Through headphones I am only listening but with speakers, I am not only listening but I am also experiencing. This is the magic of speakers!

O Holy Night by Celine Dion is smoother on PSB speakers. Though Sir Rex said that the speakers were played for a few hours only and so with the NAD amp. In fact I was satisfied already, hence more satisfaction after full burning. Really it pays to have a room meant for music listening. The equilateral triangle position is very important. The combo sounded better with male singers. Jed Madela and Barry Manilow voices are really fantastic. They can tell the story of the music. Wow! Deeper impressions will follow after I've own a setup already at our home. Please watch out for it guys.

Thanks otep_32 for accommodating me and so with your assistant. ;D

Very nice review sir.... I bet you're very excited to bring that home... Ilang araw ako di makatulog nung ako yung bibili he he he... Alam ni Rex yun dahil sa dami ng text ko sa kanya wahahahaha....

A few weeks ago sinama ko ang Dad ko which just arrived from the states.. He was amazed with the NAD PSB combo... hinawakan pa nya yung center speakers kasi akala nya dun nanggagaling ang sound he he he..
Walang Setup

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #663 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 06:50 PM »
i agree.......
good review from steriophile as well
Love me or hate me.....

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #664 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 08:02 PM »
@valiente
glad you liked the nad+psb combo and yes the alpha b1 is a great performer for it's price. i can't think of any other speaker i like on it's level. please keep us posted for more of your updates :)

Offline Valiente

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #665 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:16 AM »
Very nice review sir.... I bet you're very excited to bring that home... Ilang araw ako di makatulog nung ako yung bibili he he he... Alam ni Rex yun dahil sa dami ng text ko sa kanya wahahahaha....

A few weeks ago sinama ko ang Dad ko which just arrived from the states.. He was amazed with the NAD PSB combo... hinawakan pa nya yung center speakers kasi akala nya dun nanggagaling ang sound he he he..

Courage, let me tell you that we checked 4 times just to verify if the center speaker is included in producing the music. I let the assistant of otep_32 checked it for 2 times. He said it is not. I asked "Are you sure?" Then I checked it for myself cos I am not believing him. I checked it for 2 times for me too. I was really surprised with it. It was new for me. That situation made me really happy and excited. Impressive speakers. ;D   
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:19 AM by Valiente »
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #666 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
Courage, let me tell you that we checked 4 times just to verify if the center speaker is included in producing the music. I let the assistant of otep_32 checked it for 2 times. He said it is not. I asked "Are you sure?" Then I checked it for myself cos I am not believing him. I checked it for 2 times for me too. I was really surprised with it. It was new for me. That situation made me really happy and excited. Impressive speakers. ;D   

Bro with proper positioning most speakers could be able to do that and also where listener position is(sweetspot)...
The difference would be on how well the speakers could project the imaging and how big the soundstage produced is :)
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM by Louie_18 »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM »
these talks about the Alphas make me wanna go home from office, undertime and listen to music all day.  ^-^

Offline otep_32

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • DVD Addict
  • Product of the year
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM »
Hello friends, before anything else, let me give my thanks to Sir Rex aka otep_32 of Watt Hifi for giving me the chance to audition a PSB+ NAD setup yesterday 11am. The setup was the entry level PSB Alpha B1, NAD C326BEE amplifier + NAD CD Player as source. My own impressions are: The sound is very similar to my Grado SR60 headphones, in fact I could call it as Grado SR60 version of speakers but with a few slightly differences namely: (1) The highs are more tamed on the PSB speakers (2) the midrange is more forward on Grado SR60 but not that much, making the PSB more balanced sounding

If I could bring home the setup I've audition then I could be able to share already the sound of music I am listening daily on my Grado SR60 with my family.

You may ask, what is Grado sound? Grado is an American headphone which is considered by some headphone audiophiles as the gateway drug to audiophile sound. It has a forward midrange, sparkling highs, has right amount of bass. Its negative to some headfiers is the highs sometimes could be piercing which lead to a fatiguing sound. Sometimes I only have short listening sessions on my Grado because sometimes my ears get easily fatigued.

When I auditioned, I was surprised and ask the assistant of otep_32 to verify if the center speaker is having sound. He answered only the bookshelf speakers are creating the sound. This is where the magic of speakers positioning. My headphones could deliver to me the sound through left and right ears, not in front. I was really really amazed when the music was playing over the pair of bookshelf speakers, the singer was simply located in the middle where the center speaker was placed. The singer really came alive out of these speakers. This is what speakers can do that headphones can't. Through headphones I am only listening but with speakers, I am not only listening but I am also experiencing. This is the magic of speakers!

O Holy Night by Celine Dion is smoother on PSB speakers. Though Sir Rex said that the speakers were played for a few hours only and so with the NAD amp. In fact I was satisfied already, hence more satisfaction after full burning. Really it pays to have a room meant for music listening. The equilateral triangle position is very important. The combo sounded better with male singers. Jed Madela and Barry Manilow voices are really fantastic. They can tell the story of the music. Wow! Deeper impressions will follow after I've own a setup already at our home. Please watch out for it guys.

Thanks otep_32 for accommodating me and so with your assistant. ;D
Thanks for taking time out your time to come to our showroom (Watts Hifi). Glad you liked Psb and Nad combo. Looking forward to deal with you soon  :D

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 01:27 PM »
Thanks for taking time out your time to come to our showroom (Watts Hifi). Glad you liked Psb and Nad combo. Looking forward to deal with you soon  :D

One of the kulam masters... Well the psb's dont need kulam.. Automatic yun na makukulam ka pag narinig mo... Si rex kukulamin ka nyan sa magandang deal... He he he...

Rex check mo naman price ng nad m51 dac at nad m50 digital music player
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 02:28 PM »
One of the kulam masters... Well the psb's dont need kulam.. Automatic yun na makukulam ka pag narinig mo... Si rex kukulamin ka nyan sa magandang deal... He he he...

Rex check mo naman price ng nad m51 dac at nad m50 digital music player

ibang lebel ka talaga idol, those are really nice gears you are aiming for. lupit nung m51 dac --- 35-bit 844kHz DAC, ngayon lang ako nakakita ng ganyan. plus pwede na pala siyang preamp. nice!

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 04:29 PM »
ibang lebel ka talaga idol, those are really nice gears you are aiming for. lupit nung m51 dac --- 35-bit 844kHz DAC, ngayon lang ako nakakita ng ganyan. plus pwede na pala siyang preamp. nice!

Yup.. maganda nga yan... Just simplifying my setup... Gusto ko mag all NAD PSB setup he he he... Maganda rin yung M50 Digital player.... Network Audio Streamer na CD player pa.. wala nga lang DAC kaya kelangan magkasama sila ni M50..

Siguro yung Yamaha lang ang hindi ko papalitan pero plano ko namang kargahan nang NAD T977 7 Channel amp..

Yan ang goal ko sa mga darating na Taon pag hindi nagunaw ang mundo mamaya wahehehehe
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #672 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:01 PM »
Yup.. maganda nga yan... Just simplifying my setup... Gusto ko mag all NAD PSB setup he he he... Maganda rin yung M50 Digital player.... Network Audio Streamer na CD player pa.. wala nga lang DAC kaya kelangan magkasama sila ni M50..

Siguro yung Yamaha lang ang hindi ko papalitan pero plano ko namang kargahan nang NAD T977 7 Channel amp..

Yan ang goal ko sa mga darating na Taon pag hindi nagunaw ang mundo mamaya wahehehehe

puro mga superhighend equipments yan idol ah? so ibig sabihin synchrony one na din yan?

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #673 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 08:41 PM »
puro mga superhighend equipments yan idol ah? so ibig sabihin synchrony one na din yan?

Goal lang naman eh... Hindi naman lahat ng Goal natutupad ha ha ha.... Nope ala ako plano mag Sychrony... T2 pwede pa... Pero for now masaya na ako sa T6 he he he
Walang Setup

Offline Tep663

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #674 on: Jan 05, 2013 at 01:44 PM »
Mga sir is there a big difference between the psb image b6 and b5? Interns of sound and price? Ang na audition ko imagine b6 lang with nad amplifier at watts hifi

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #675 on: Jan 05, 2013 at 04:42 PM »
Mga sir is there a big difference between the psb image b6 and b5? Interns of sound and price? Ang na audition ko imagine b6 lang with nad amplifier at watts hifi

I believe there is a difference of 2-3k in price between those two. The B6 having a bigger enclosure and also having a bigger driver(6.5" vs 5.25") sounds larger than the b5, it has a wider soundstage. The B6 is actually meant for larger rooms while the B5 would fit a smaller area well. The difference in sonic character should be minimal as against to comparing a B5 to a B4.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #676 on: Jan 07, 2013 at 03:19 PM »

So tell us what's your impression sir. And san mo gagamitin for music ba, movies or both?
Walang Setup

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #677 on: Jan 12, 2013 at 05:01 PM »
Where can I audition PSB speakers?  Interested to hear the synchrony series. Thanks.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #678 on: Jan 12, 2013 at 05:08 PM »
Where can I audition PSB speakers?  Interested to hear the synchrony series. Thanks.

Sir get in touch with Rex (otep_32) of watt hifi.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #679 on: Jan 12, 2013 at 09:28 PM »
Sir get in touch with Rex (otep_32) of watt hifi.

thank you sir.

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #680 on: Jan 13, 2013 at 02:09 PM »
would love to hear the psb alpha b1 / nad combo...

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #681 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM »
Went to Watt Hifi yesterday...sarado.  Sumilip nalang ako sa salamin.  Ganda ng PSB!

Offline Lynn

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 04:05 PM »
Just got the Image B6, ganda nya hindi ako bitin sa mga music ko (heavy metal to thrash). ganda ng low's grabe parang dalawang sub naririnig ko. issue ko lang eh yun details nya, not unlike sa Tannoy DC4 na detail pero walang bass.

Smell like teen spirit ang benchmark ko pagdating sa ingay, dumi at bigat ng low's. ayun kinaya nya yun tugtog ng hindi nagiging muddy yun sounds. at almost 2pm yun volume nya. nag e-echo na nga sa room ko. need to buy na lang ng acoustic panel para iwas echo...

Maganda ang PSB kung heavy rock ang genre mo... hindi sya nakaka pagod sa tenga, nakaka sindak sya parang kala mo mag distortion na sya pero hindi... attack ka nga dere-derecho... :)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2013 at 07:37 PM by hshaun05 »
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #683 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 04:18 PM »
Malaki ba sound difference ng Imagine T vs the Image T6 for HT? ano mas okay?

Offline Lynn

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #684 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 07:44 PM »
would love to hear the psb alpha b1 / nad combo...

Na-try ko ito na combo, NAD 316 and Alpha B1. and yes maganda ng combination ng dalawa para as entry level.
Slight warm to bright ang tunog nya using iPod Classic (lossless file), LOD to 3.5mm connector. although kaya slight bright yun tunog dahil rekta yun speaker wire sa Amp and speaker. pero kung gagamitan ito ng CD player at magandang banana plug, Sulit na sulit...

rated for the price value

Sound-stage - 3/5
Separation - 3/5
Vocals - 3/5
Low's - 3.5/5

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2013 at 07:55 PM by hshaun05 »
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #685 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 08:09 PM »
Just got the Image B6, ganda nya hindi ako bitin sa mga music ko (heavy metal to thrash). ganda ng low's grabe parang dalawang sub naririnig ko. issue ko lang eh yun details nya, not unlike sa Tannoy DC4 na detail pero walang bass.

Smell like teen spirit ang benchmark ko pagdating sa ingay, dumi at bigat ng low's. ayun kinaya nya yun tugtog ng hindi nagiging muddy yun sounds. at almost 2pm yun volume nya. nag e-echo na nga sa room ko. need to buy na lang ng acoustic panel para iwas echo...

Maganda ang PSB kung heavy rock ang genre mo... hindi sya nakaka pagod sa tenga, nakaka sindak sya parang kala mo mag distortion na sya pero hindi... attack ka nga dere-derecho... :)

congrats sir. what amp did you partner it with?

Malaki ba sound difference ng Imagine T vs the Image T6 for HT? ano mas okay?

The Image T6 will definitely have an advantage in the low-end. But the Imagine T will sound a lot more crisp and engaging. For HT, I'll vote for the T6 because that bass area will be better appreciated in that application but for music it's the Imagine T for me.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 08:48 PM »
congrats sir. what amp did you partner it with?

The Image T6 will definitely have an advantage in the low-end. But the Imagine T will sound a lot more crisp and engaging. For HT, I'll vote for the T6 because that bass area will be better appreciated in that application but for music it's the Imagine T for me.

Thanks pero real wood veneer din ba T6? Sexy ng Imagine T eh.  I'll be using 2 subs with it so bass won't be a problem.  Still will go with the T6 even with dual subs?

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM »
Went to Watt Hifi yesterday...sarado.  Sumilip nalang ako sa salamin.  Ganda ng PSB!
pareho tayo bro...was there around 4pm..
hoping to hear a nad316 / psb alpha b1 or image b6 combo...kaso nga close pala pag sunday...
will be back...

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM »
Na-try ko ito na combo, NAD 316 and Alpha B1. and yes maganda ng combination ng dalawa para as entry level.
Slight warm to bright ang tunog nya using iPod Classic (lossless file), LOD to 3.5mm connector. although kaya slight bright yun tunog dahil rekta yun speaker wire sa Amp and speaker. pero kung gagamitan ito ng CD player at magandang banana plug, Sulit na sulit...

rated for the price value

Sound-stage - 3/5
Separation - 3/5
Vocals - 3/5
Low's - 3.5/5

Sir, i dont think banana plugs will make your system sound less 'bright'. You can use the tone controls of your amp to suit your liking. My 60-watt Rotel was able to drive my psb synchrony bookshelf effortlessly, parang nagsisi nga ko binenta ko pa grrr nangati lang ako magpalit.

Guys other than NAD pala, what other integrated amps do you think can drive our PSB speakers well? I am asking this because I am in the market for one. Budget is below 80k only.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #689 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM »
Thanks pero real wood veneer din ba T6? Sexy ng Imagine T eh.  I'll be using 2 subs with it so bass won't be a problem.  Still will go with the T6 even with dual subs?

I think the real wood veneer finish starts on the Imagine upwards. If I'm in your position, without skipping a beat I'd choose the Imagine T. It's on a whole different level. The clarity, the crispiness and the finish, it's really amazing. The only thing you have to remember though, the Imagine T may be harder to drive than the Image T6. The T6 can be powered fine even by entry level AVRs.

Sir, i dont think banana plugs will make your system sound less 'bright'. You can use the tone controls of your amp to suit your liking. My 60-watt Rotel was able to drive my psb synchrony bookshelf effortlessly, parang nagsisi nga ko binenta ko pa grrr nangati lang ako magpalit.

Guys other than NAD pala, what other integrated amps do you think can drive our PSB speakers well? I am asking this because I am in the market for one. Budget is below 80k only.

Master, what about trying Cambridge Audio? like the 851a. I think that fits very well beneath your allotted budget. I have a CA+PSB pairing although it's a much lower end one but it works very well. It has retained the warm sound signature PSB has while being able to extend further in the HF than my NAD amp. Don Master Ivan has the highend version of my CA + PSB lineup.  ;)