Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243718 times)

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #720 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM »
Guys do youthink the Musical Fidelity M3i would be enough for a PSB bookshelf?
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #721 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:09 AM »
Guys do youthink the Musical Fidelity M3i would be enough for a PSB bookshelf?

That depends on the model and your listening demands. The M3i is a smooth and clean amp, but it has a weak power supply and a high output impedance.

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #722 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:15 AM »
What particular sound/aspect are you looking for ba bro for the PSB? In short, ano ang gusto mong ilabas nya na tunog? The guy who got my Imagines earlier brought with him his NAD 315 and I was surprised that it could drive the Imagines. I used to drive the Imagines with my NAD 326 in our dining room and I felt it lacked juice. Dining room is full of glass doors, hard flooring, echo. The NAD 315 was used in my office. Carpeted flooring with walls and ceilings that do not reflect sound waves that much. Soundstage and punch were definitely lacking using the 315 but it could still drive the Imagines.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 09:51 AM by resident_evil »
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:16 AM »
By the way, there is Musical Fidelity store just behind Watts Hi Fi. Why dont you ask Rex to lend you a pair of Synchronies and bring to the other store so you can audition.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:21 AM »
What particular sound/aspect are you looking for ba bro for the PSB? In short, ano ang gusto mong ilabas nya na tunog? The guy who got my Imagines earlier brought with him his NAD 515 and I was surprised that it could drive the Imagines. I used to drive the Imagines with my NAD 326 in our dining room and I felt it lacked juice. Dining room is full of glass doors, hard flooring, echo. The NAD 515 was used in my office. Carpeted flooring with walls and ceilings that do not reflect sound waves that much. Soundstage and punch were definitely lacking using the 515 but it could still drive the Imagines.

Hi Atty,

You mean the C315BEE? The 3x5 series really sounds better with the Imagines, imo. I've mentioned this quite a few times. :)

By the way, there is Musical Fidelity store just behind Watts Hi Fi. Why dont you ask Rex to lend you a pair of Synchronies and bring to the other store so you can audition.

I agree. This is a great way to cross-shop. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:23 AM by Stagea »

Offline resident_evil

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:22 AM »
Yes sir. Sorry 315. 515 was the CD Player that I used to have. Hehe.

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 04:55 AM »
That depends on the model and your listening demands. The M3i is a smooth and clean amp, but it has a weak power supply and a high output impedance.

thats what im thinking too. but i just saw a review stating that the m3i was enough to give justice to a TAD CR-1. i called DMC and stocks are arriving by feb. im definitely going to check this out.

now what sound am i looking for? nothing exotic/fancy actually. just clean sounding, without much compression, with the instruments clearly laid out in the soundstage, i also want to play loud without strain. The NAD 375bee is definitely on the top of my list but im looking for other options before i commit.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 05:11 AM »
thats what im thinking too. but i just saw a review stating that the m3i was enough to give justice to a TAD CR-1. i called DMC and stocks are arriving by feb. im definitely going to check this out.

Its 4 ohm output rating is only with one channel driven because of the small tranny. Distortion and noise numbers are quite low with an 8 ohm resistive load, but expect compression when playing dynamic tracks and pushing hard to drive speakers. DF is also low: 36 at 8 ohms / 18 at 4 ohms. Stereo separation is exceptionally good however, as having few parts allowed for good spacing between L and R channel components.

now what sound am i looking for? nothing exotic/fancy actually. just clean sounding, without much compression, with the instruments clearly laid out in the soundstage, i also want to play loud without strain. The NAD 375bee is definitely on the top of my list but im looking for other options before i commit.

There is a big gap in terms of brawn. 4x the output transistors, 3x the power supply capacity, etc. The M3i is more like a Mercedes E200, faced with a Shelby GT500 in the C375BEE. Refinement versus brute force. The former will likely provide a more delicate experience at lower levels, whilst the latter is far more capable of delivering punishing dynamics.

I suggest trying both amps to see which one you like better. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 05:53 AM by Stagea »

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 09:54 AM »
 :o i just cant understand how NAD can sell their amps at these prices. i mean look at those innards! the m3i is about 70k and the 375bee is about 50k-ish only i think. totally blows my mind how nad does it. they are both manufactured in china...

you guys might see me hanging around MCS by the weekend ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 09:58 AM by armymanhaha »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM »
:o i just cant understand how NAD can sell their amps at these prices. i mean look at those innards! the m3i is about 70k and the 375bee is about 50k-ish only i think. totally blows my mind how nad does it. they are both manufactured in china...

you guys might see me hanging around MCS by the weekend ;D

The C375BEE's transistors are actually rated 47% higher than what's in the M3 (high safety margin); both have 4 pairs of output devices per side.

It's really just the C375BEE that's in this unique price/performance position (at least for NAD). The C356BEE is much less robust. The C375BEE's performance numbers are far superior to the C356BEE's in every way, except for power dissipation. The C356BEE, C326BEE and C316BEE are closer together when it comes to design and performance.

The C375BEE and the C390DD can belong to a midlevel product line (between the Classic Series and the Masters Series), had they wanted such a line. The C375BEE is the frugal brother of the M3, whilst the C390DD is the frugal brother of the M2.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:13 PM by Stagea »

Offline Lynn

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #730 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:27 PM »
How much po ang C375BEE at RCD-06SE?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 01:39 PM by hshaun05 »
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline jcfernandez

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #731 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 03:21 PM »
Synchrony 1b --Nad375bee user here for three weeks now.  At first, I regret going to the "safe" route by pairing the synch1b with the NAD375. There is nothing to complain sa Synch1b, they're exceptionally good speakers,  kaya lang I was looking for more sa Nad375. But after 30 hrs of playing(thats one week for me),  lumabas yong sound na gusto ko. Very detailed, reproduction is very accurate, separation is quite remarkable. And the power! grabe, kahit sobrang lakas ,cohererent pa rin without losing significant detail.  Im now a beliver sa PSB-NAD.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #732 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 01:53 AM »
How much po ang C375BEE at RCD-06SE?

I think the c375bee cost less than 60k. not familiar with the rotel pricing though but maybe it's close to the ra-06se price. you can pm otep_32 for inquiries.

Offline Lynn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 06:23 PM »
I think the c375bee cost less than 60k. not familiar with the rotel pricing though but maybe it's close to the ra-06se price. you can pm otep_32 for inquiries.

thanks master...
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 07:42 PM »
i was just going through a different website and i didn't know psb makes funky-colored enclosures  O0

Offline Lynn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM »
i was just going through a different website and i didn't know psb makes funky-colored enclosures  O0

Kulit red at grey na gloss... pwede kaya yun black to yellow effect sa Fender Strato then ilalagay sa kaha ng speaker... naku funk funk na yun... or pink, green to blue halo halo prang psychedelic na.
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #736 on: Feb 03, 2013 at 11:43 AM »
Kulit red at grey na gloss... pwede kaya yun black to yellow effect sa Fender Strato then ilalagay sa kaha ng speaker... naku funk funk na yun... or pink, green to blue halo halo prang psychedelic na.

Kaso dito satin Rosewood lang meron sa Imagine series.  Very limited options.  Sana man lang may black.

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Feb 03, 2013 at 02:43 PM »
I saw may price list sila na may black gloss for the imagine series sa SnS ata yun dati. You might wanna check with them.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 09:31 PM »
Kaso dito satin Rosewood lang meron sa Imagine series.  Very limited options.  Sana man lang may black.

was that the info hifi plus asia gave you? i personally saw the piano black finish on the imagine bookshelf before, haven't seen an imagine t2 on any other color than rosewood/dark cherry though. this is quite ironic, since i want hifi plus to bring in rosewood/dark cherry colored subs  :(
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013 at 09:32 PM by sientobente »

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 10:42 PM »
was that the info hifi plus asia gave you? i personally saw the piano black finish on the imagine bookshelf before, haven't seen an imagine t2 on any other color than rosewood/dark cherry though. this is quite ironic, since i want hifi plus to bring in rosewood/dark cherry colored subs  :(

Only inquired from Spectra and Watt Hifi.  The T2 is only available in rosewood / dark cherry color.  May I know the contact details of Hifi Plus Asia?
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013 at 10:44 PM by Lancito »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 01:03 AM »
Only inquired from Spectra and Watt Hifi.  The T2 is only available in rosewood / dark cherry color.  May I know the contact details of Hifi Plus Asia?

Here it is sir:

531 A. Flores St., Ermita, Manila, 1000
Tel: (+632) 526-3831 or 526-5541
Fax: (+632) 526-2679
www.hifiplusasia.com

They are the local distributors of psb, paradigm, anthem, nad etc.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 07:28 AM »
Here it is sir:

531 A. Flores St., Ermita, Manila, 1000
Tel: (+632) 526-3831 or 526-5541
Fax: (+632) 526-2679
www.hifiplusasia.com

They are the local distributors of psb, paradigm, anthem, nad etc.

Thank you.

Offline Lynn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Feb 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM »
I dont doubt you or your little girl, most probably may change siguro yung sound kasi pareho kayo ng napansin but the way i understand it is that banana plugs wont make you system better, it "may" change the sound and its usually for the worse because there is another material in between the wire and the speaker binding post.  sabi nga ng experts, the best connection is the most direct one, so the lesser material the signal needs to go through from the receiver/amp to the speaker the better.

baka naman po nasabi nyong bright ang direct wire kasi mas maraming detail, mas emphasized or angat yung highs and when you used a banana plug, nawala yung detalye na yon.  tama po ba intindi ko?

Hi,

Ngayon po sa babad ko sa PSB, tama po kayo naging less detailed sya dahil sa Banana plug, kaya hindi naging matalas... bumili kasi po ako ng isa pang wire na 12awg naman (una 14awg), ngayon mas naging malaki ang tunog at detailed, then yun nilagyan ko ng banana plug medyo naging less detailed at hindi na matalas yun tunog.

Now I understand... Marami pong salamat sa mga pointers.

plus kay Master mikeer2002ph salamat po sa mga detailed explanation w/ example pa.
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM »
Hi,

Ngayon po sa babad ko sa PSB, tama po kayo naging less detailed sya dahil sa Banana plug, kaya hindi naging matalas... bumili kasi po ako ng isa pang wire na 12awg naman (una 14awg), ngayon mas naging malaki ang tunog at detailed, then yun nilagyan ko ng banana plug medyo naging less detailed at hindi na matalas yun tunog.

Now I understand... Marami pong salamat sa mga pointers.

plus kay Master mikeer2002ph salamat po sa mga detailed explanation w/ example pa.

always happy to help sir, and marami pa dyan sa mga paligid na mas magaling pa mag explain sakin hehe, they are but a PM away, Mikee is definitely one of them.  As for our old banana plug discussion, that was my suspicion and I guess after hours of listening to your system you were able to confirm it for me. 

As for your wire upgrade, Usually, the bigger the gauge the better it will get (up to a certain point).  Although personally I have not gone more than 14 awg.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #744 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 01:32 AM »
napapag-usapan din lang ang banana plug, imo ang advantage lang nito kung mahilig kang magpalit o lipat ng connection/combination ng amp/speakers pero kung di mo naman kailangan at 1 setup ka lang then rekta mo na dahil may mga (BPs) banana plugs na maluwag kahit bago pa.

simple na, nakatipid ka pa -- praktikal. ;)

Offline Lynn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM »
always happy to help sir, and marami pa dyan sa mga paligid na mas magaling pa mag explain sakin hehe, they are but a PM away, Mikee is definitely one of them.  As for our old banana plug discussion, that was my suspicion and I guess after hours of listening to your system you were able to confirm it for me. 

As for your wire upgrade, Usually, the bigger the gauge the better it will get (up to a certain point).  Although personally I have not gone more than 14 awg.

ako din nun tumaas ako from 14awg to 12awg, then try ko pa yun biwire. 14 sa HF 12 sa LF, both pure copper. lumaki yun soundstage at kumapal yun bass.

Thanks
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM »
ako din nun tumaas ako from 14awg to 12awg, then try ko pa yun biwire. 14 sa HF 12 sa LF, both pure copper. lumaki yun soundstage at kumapal yun bass.

Thanks

nice. makapagexperimento nga din. wanting to try out that rega quattro bi-wire speaker cables to see if there will be any improvement against my chord silverscreen cables.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #747 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM »
nice. makapagexperimento nga din. wanting to try out that rega quattro bi-wire speaker cables to see if there will be any improvement against my chord silverscreen cables.

More often than not master G ealng improvement ang bi wire kasi isang amp lang naman nagpopower, bi amp is a different story though.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM »
More often than not master G ealng improvement ang bi wire kasi isang amp lang naman nagpopower, bi amp is a different story though.

master timi, comparing the cables, gauge 16 lang ata yung chord silverscreen, while the rega quattro is gauge 14 and is a bi-wire cable

mukhang maganda kasing value for money itong rega, which will make me wanna try it soon.

Offline Lynn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM »

oo nga po nag basa din ako sa Bi-amp / passive. daming rules, dapat daw bypass din yun Crossover dahil walang effect kung hindi gagawin. sa akin nmn po. using Rotel, naisip ko kasi dalawa yun speaker input A + B @ 4ohms. yun LF sa speaker A then yun isa nmn sa Speaker B. yun iba kasi magkapatong lang yun wire sa dahilang isa lang yun Speaker input.
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2