Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 243708 times)

Offline melbourne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #960 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM »
wala pa naman akong imagine na speaker, planning palang :) medyo naghohold back lang kasi sakin ito that is why hanap muna ako ng way kung pano cya maayos kung sakali :)

may nangyari kasi sakin na ganito although sa analog controller naman cya ng ps3. rubber part din cya then after some time na naiwan ko cya sa room na mainit, cguro for a week yata or two, naging ganun cya, like what happened to the rubber part ng imagine na naging sticky... but pinagtatakahan ko lang dun sa imagine is na sa malamig naman cya na lugar(show room ng watt hifi) so bakit kaya nagkaganun parin cya?

pagpinunasan mo naman mas nagiging messy kasi dumidikit ung pampunas. if you get the chance to go to watt hifi, please ask mr. rex to see the imagine b there. d ko kasi talaga ma explain ng maayos. nagtataka din cya why that happened...

right out of the box yata the rubber if flat black(normal rubber texture na bit rough and not shiny and smooth), gusto ko lang sana cya ma-maintain na ganun...

hello, mr. melbourne, please let me know kung ok ba yung rubber part ng Imagine B nyo.

Thank you very much for you response, sir armymanhaha and sir melbourne

I'll post update mamayang gabi brader appamus.  Nasa office pa kasi ako.

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #961 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM »
owned imagine B for 11 months.  wiping it with pang-dusting and microfiber every Sunday.  used to hold it via bass port at the back pero did not notice any stickiness (or malagkit). 

However, the rubber nipple of my image b5 (center of the woofer) parang malagkit maski nung bago pa sya.  yung isa ok, yung isa malagkit.  touching it after 3 months hoping it has harden still malagkit.

Calling local Dsitributor and Authorized dealers, kindly shed light.   :)
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2013 at 09:20 AM by luis »

Offline appamus

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #962 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM »
I'll post update mamayang gabi brader appamus.  Nasa office pa kasi ako.

thank you, sir melbourne! :)

Offline appamus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #963 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM »
owned imagine B for 11 months.  wiping it with pang-dusting and microfiber every Sunday.  used to hold it via bass port at the back pero did not notice any stickiness (or malagkit). 

However, the rubber nipple of my image 5 (center of the woofer) parang malagkit maski nung bago pa sya.  yung isa ok, yung isa malagkit.  touching it after 3 months hoping it has harden still malagkit.

Calling local Dsitributor and Authorized dealers, kindly shed light.   :)

hello, sir luis. glad to know na naging ok ung imagine b nyo after 11months. what got me worried kasi is the one that i saw(ung nagkaroon ng tama ung rubber) was a second pair na pala. meaning ganun din pala ung nangyari daw sa unang display unit... i really like this line from PSB. aside from sounding really good, they look so sexy! :)

also. anyone here know where one can get a PSB m4u 2 locally?

Thank you so much for all your response, guys. I really appreciate it :)

Offline melbourne

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #964 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 09:10 AM »
gud pm, PSB owners. question lang sana regarding the imagine series ng PSB. ano kaya cause ng rubber(ung sa port to the base of the speaker na nasa likod) naging madikit or parang natutunaw? how to dyou prevent this? maraming salamat! :)

Checked my Imagine B last night and no indications na dumidikit o natutunaw ang rubber (at the back) from the port to the base of the speakers.

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #965 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 09:26 AM »
Calling Hi FI+ Asia, kindly feedback on the comments for PSB...

:)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #966 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM »
Hmmm Image (B6) is Warm and.. Warm lang I suppose. hmm.. mukhang ok lang pala for me.

Will try it sa Watts with the Power Amp+Pre combo :)

Sonic character ng imagine master is warm and crisp. Synchrony, bigger sounding while being very transparent.

Thanks for the information master Gerard.  Warm and Crisp.  The way I like my speaker to sound.

Offline appamus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #967 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 05:07 PM »
Checked my Imagine B last night and no indications na dumidikit o natutunaw ang rubber (at the back) from the port to the base of the speakers.

Thank you, sir melbourne :)

Offline melbourne

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 05:22 PM »
Thank you, sir melbourne :)

You're welcome brader.

Offline jcfernandez

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #969 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 05:28 PM »
This is my first post on this thread, I regularly read this thread because I own a psb speaker too and enjoying it that much. I got a little anxious by the previous post re oily rubber port of psb speakers. I checked my speaker immediately pero wala namang oily, nothing of that sort. I remember the very first day, the port was a beauty to watch, the rubber was very soft and shiny black,  its like  -- it’s a crime to touch them. My speakers are now 11month old and I regularly clean them, yon nga lang – hindi ko na ginagalaw yong likod, baka madamage ko pa.  Also, my room is hot, really hot lalo na pag wala ako, malamig lang sya pag nandiyan na ako.

Im about to buy a music streamer and a sub. Right now, my source is  desktop computer (with asus essence stx) connected to the Rega dac via spdif. No problem with the sound, sound is just awesome to my ears. Kaya lang  I need a source other than a computer. May mga times na boung araw akong nakaharap sa computer, and paguwi sa bahay computer pa rin. Im thinking of olive 03, curious about the Marantz 7004 and the NAD 446. Im also considering Naim ND5 pero hindi daw siya available. Can you pls. suggest a good music/network streamer that
1) that can sound better than a computer with a good sound card
 2) is readily available here. Kindly give the address of the store na nandoon yong item of interest. Im from the province and….
3) Within the price range of those streamers Ive mentioned
As for the sub, Im leaning towards the PSB or Rel 328. Will be buying these things anytime before 2014. Cant audition these things (physical limitations). If I go to Manila, dapat for for pick up na lang.

Thank you psb experts, and thank you PDVD for giving me this avenue.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #970 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 05:39 AM »
Got curious too on the oily port thing.  My t6 looks fine, no signs of moisture while my alpha b1's port may be oil-resistant because its made of smooth plastic. Just glad my speakers doesnt have those symptoms.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM by sientobente »

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #971 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 06:11 AM »
@jcfernandez

I know for a fact naka Synchrony ka din. Ako nag recommend nyan sayo eh hahaha! :D

Im using a single SVS SB12NSD and planning to get a second one after the Holiday craze. I'm not going to recommend you to go SVS only for the sole reason na magiging magkapareho na tayo ng setup kung pati sub recommendation ko eh susundin mo haha (Pareho din tayo ng integrated amp if i remember correctly). This sealed sub is fast enough to go with the quickness of the Synchrony series, and elevating the PRAT-iness of the setup by a good factor (depends on placement and setup).

I think you have great choices from PSB subs and REL although malamang mas maraming magrerecommend ng REL dito because PSB is not really known for their subs albeit they make awesome subs too. REL prices are kind of competitive na din sa marketplace. Please do consider that somewhere along the way you have to have a second sub. The phase issues of only having one sub severely limits ambience retrieval compared to 2x subs. Hindi naman sa nangkukulam but just saying that you will be missing something kung 1 sub lang kunin mo :)
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline jcfernandez

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #972 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM »
@armymanhaha
Thanks man….. That time, I was hesitant talaga to buy the synchrony 1b – kasi wala(kokonti) man lang reviews pero I am quite certain na psb ang bibilhin ko – The Imagine B.  Sinusundan ko kasi yong thread na to kaya medyo bias ako towards psb. Until ive read one post – I think coming from master sientobeinte – saying na “as if the singer was really there”. Napaisip talaga ako doon and naghanap na ako ng synchrony 1b owner. Yon na yong time na kinukulit ko kayo. More than 20 PM yata yon, then daily pa! Sorry doon, kasi sa sobrang urge ko na magkaroon ng ganitong speaker yet hindi ko kayong i-audition. Three months later, I finally met my speaker kina sir Rex.
Looking back, it was a blind buy relying solely on reviews, feedbacks.  Pero pleasingly rewarded naman. Happy and more than satisfied with the outcome.
As for the sub, thanks again sa inputs. Actually Im also considering SVS, malaking bagay sa akin yong offer nila na kayang i-deliver nila sa lugar namin yong item.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #973 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM »
Try nyo sir REL. sobrang bilib ako sa sub na yun. Kahit entry level lang na T5. It has the best integration I ever heard. It will make you think that extra bass were actually coming from your speakers.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM »
This is my first post on this thread, I regularly read this thread because I own a psb speaker too and enjoying it that much. I got a little anxious by the previous post re oily rubber port of psb speakers. I checked my speaker immediately pero wala namang oily, nothing of that sort. I remember the very first day, the port was a beauty to watch, the rubber was very soft and shiny black,  its like  -- it’s a crime to touch them. My speakers are now 11month old and I regularly clean them, yon nga lang – hindi ko na ginagalaw yong likod, baka madamage ko pa.  Also, my room is hot, really hot lalo na pag wala ako, malamig lang sya pag nandiyan na ako.

Im about to buy a music streamer and a sub. Right now, my source is  desktop computer (with asus essence stx) connected to the Rega dac via spdif. No problem with the sound, sound is just awesome to my ears. Kaya lang  I need a source other than a computer. May mga times na boung araw akong nakaharap sa computer, and paguwi sa bahay computer pa rin. Im thinking of olive 03, curious about the Marantz 7004 and the NAD 446. Im also considering Naim ND5 pero hindi daw siya available. Can you pls. suggest a good music/network streamer that
1) that can sound better than a computer with a good sound card
 2) is readily available here. Kindly give the address of the store na nandoon yong item of interest. Im from the province and….
3) Within the price range of those streamers Ive mentioned
As for the sub, Im leaning towards the PSB or Rel 328. Will be buying these things anytime before 2014. Cant audition these things (physical limitations). If I go to Manila, dapat for for pick up na lang.

Thank you psb experts, and thank you PDVD for giving me this avenue.

Sir, what player are you using to play music via your PC? I use foobar kasi and I have a remote on both my android phone and my ipad. When I start up my PC, I dont even have to turn the monitor on and I just use the remote to select the songs I wanted to play. The nice thing about the last update I got for foobar controller was the ability to turn off my PC. Its a cheap option, very practical and effective ;)

Offline jcfernandez

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #975 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM »
@sientobeinte
Talaga???Thanks sa info. got to try that. sa ngayon , im using foobar. Ano yon? yong foobar app ng ipad?? ma- try ko nga.  thanks very much

Offline melbourne

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #976 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 03:41 PM »
Got curious too on the oily port thing.  My t6 looks fine, no signs of moisture while my alpha b1's port may be oil-resistant because its made of smooth plastic. Just glad my speakers doesnt have those symptoms.

My speakers doesn't have those symptoms too.  We consider ourselves lucky master Gerard.

Offline melbourne

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #977 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM »
@jcfernandez

I know for a fact naka Synchrony ka din. Ako nag recommend nyan sayo eh hahaha! :D

Im using a single SVS SB12NSD and planning to get a second one after the Holiday craze. I'm not going to recommend you to go SVS only for the sole reason na magiging magkapareho na tayo ng setup kung pati sub recommendation ko eh susundin mo haha (Pareho din tayo ng integrated amp if i remember correctly). This sealed sub is fast enough to go with the quickness of the Synchrony series, and elevating the PRAT-iness of the setup by a good factor (depends on placement and setup).

I think you have great choices from PSB subs and REL although malamang mas maraming magrerecommend ng REL dito because PSB is not really known for their subs albeit they make awesome subs too. REL prices are kind of competitive na din sa marketplace. Please do consider that somewhere along the way you have to have a second sub. The phase issues of only having one sub severely limits ambience retrieval compared to 2x subs. Hindi naman sa nangkukulam but just saying that you will be missing something kung 1 sub lang kunin mo :)

Isang simpleng kulam ito brader Francis hahaha.  Napa isip tuloy ako na magdagdag ng sub hmmm.

Try nyo sir REL. sobrang bilib ako sa sub na yun. Kahit entry level lang na T5. It has the best integration I ever heard. It will make you think that extra bass were actually coming from your speakers.

Isa ka pa master Gerard.  Sana sinabi mo yan sa akin noong hindi pa ako nakabili ng SVS.  Napa isip na naman ako dito sa REL na yan hahaha.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 at 03:50 PM by melbourne »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 04:48 PM »
Isang simpleng kulam ito brader Francis hahaha.  Napa isip tuloy ako na magdagdag ng sub hmmm.

Isa ka pa master Gerard.  Sana sinabi mo yan sa akin noong hindi pa ako nakabili ng SVS.  Napa isip na naman ako dito sa REL na yan hahaha.
Panalo yun Master Mel, ngayon lang kasi nagkaroon ng distributor REL dito sa pilipinas that stock a lot of items. Yung dati kasi sa cebu, pa-isa isa lang. Ganda pa ng pricing nila dito. Kaya thank you FM Apolinario for bringing this brand to our shores ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #979 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 05:00 PM »
@sientobeinte
Talaga???Thanks sa info. got to try that. sa ngayon , im using foobar. Ano yon? yong foobar app ng ipad?? ma- try ko nga.  thanks very much
Monkeymote sir sa iOS. Although di sya feauture rich like foobar controller in android na may pc shutdown option. What I do so that foobar is loaded when I start the PC is I put a shortcut under the startup folder in Windows. this way, I dont need to turn my monitor on anymore just to start foobar. Then using the foobar remote, I can browse all the files I have and play them on demand. I dont even need an external wifi dongle because a laptop's wifi is sufficient enough to do the job. What I like too in using foobar vs a regular player is the flexibility to tune the sound in accordance to your preference via its built-in equalizer.

Offline melbourne

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #980 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 05:06 PM »
Panalo yun Master Mel, ngayon lang kasi nagkaroon ng distributor REL dito sa pilipinas that stock a lot of items. Yung dati kasi sa cebu, pa-isa isa lang. Ganda pa ng pricing nila dito. Kaya thank you FM Apolinario for bringing this brand to our shores ;)

Pa pm naman ng pricelist ng mga subwoofer nila master.  Hindi ako bibili ha.  Just want to know if their price is competitive in the market.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 05:33 PM »
REL
T5 - 29,000
T7 - 48,700
R328 - 65,000
R528 - 85,000

Alam mo naman master may super discount pa tayo kina Rex ;)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #982 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 07:57 PM »
REL
T5 - 29,000
T7 - 48,700
R328 - 65,000
R528 - 85,000

Alam mo naman master may super discount pa tayo kina Rex ;)

Brader, alin dyan nadinig mo?
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 08:46 PM »

Brader, alin dyan nadinig mo?
T5 at r328 idol. T5 pa lang impressive na. Mas maliit pa sya sa psb hd8. Pero for a flexible sub, hd8 pa din. Kakaiba spl power nito e.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 at 08:49 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 09:20 PM »
T5 at r328 idol. T5 pa lang impressive na. Mas maliit pa sya sa psb hd8. Pero for a flexible sub, hd8 pa din. Kakaiba spl power nito e.

How is it sa music? More on musical sub hinahanap ko... he he he
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 09:57 PM »
How is it sa music? More on musical sub hinahanap ko... he he he
REL na yan idol. I cant think of a better sub for music than REL. Yung bookshelf mo magtutunog floorstander dahil dito.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #986 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 09:59 PM »
REL na yan idol. I cant think of a better sub for music than REL. Yung bookshelf mo magtutunog floorstander dahil dito.

Ok kaya Dual T5 sa PSB B6 for Audio?
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM »
Ok kaya Dual T5 sa PSB B6 for Audio?
Kahit single lang idol swak yan. I auditioned the t5 with bass light bookshelves like the epos epic2 and sonus faber minuetto and they immediately compensated the lack of kick from these speakers. For bookshelves with decent bass like the rega rs1, rel actually made the image wider making it sound bigger overall.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: Nov 29, 2013 at 03:23 AM »
hmmm.... after hearing the B6 nung Hifi show, Im now contemplating on getting one for my ht.

Current considerations are:

B6/B5 + C5 + B4 (surrounds)

Although timbre matched, if I go the B6 + c5 + b4 route, im thinking since iba iba sila ng driver size, maybe ndi maganda ung transition of sound from left to right, front to back. Of course, crossover points will be adjusted accordingly, and hefty 12 in sub will be used as well.

Floor standers wont be necessary naman, the room is about 10 square meters.

Sa me ganung setup, ok naman ba sia?

AVR used is a Denon 2113.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2013 at 03:25 AM by meat_eater »
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Nov 30, 2013 at 01:11 AM »
That should be a match sir. Those who tried that setup are Courage and Pau_d_mann, the serial chickboys of pdvd. ;)