Author Topic: thinking of buying a turntable again  (Read 2238 times)

Offline pmaligaya

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
thinking of buying a turntable again
« on: Oct 22, 2007 at 03:02 PM »
1. portable all-in-one player - definitely not for audiophiles (eto yung may built-in speakers na) but I just need something to play my records. I currently have a Califone, yung tipong pang-public school, pero sintunado na sya. I'm not sure kung merong nagrerepair dito sa Manila, so does anybody know where I can buy a similar player? How much?

2. turntable set-up - I don't have amplifiers and speakers, so where can I buy a decent turntable set-up, which includes the turntable itself, amps and speakers? Magkano kaya pinakamura nito?

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: thinking of buying a turntable again
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 03:44 PM »
Sir, check mo sa Raon.... baka meron pa sila ung maleta type with built-in speakers and battery operated din pag-brownout... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 03:47 PM »
Try Buy & Sell Section bro, kahit buy ka ng separate ampli, speakers and turntable...

how much ba budget mo if you don't mind me asking? if you have a limited budget kasi, marami kang makikitang jap surplus na oks sa Buy and sell section, if you have naman a bigger budget, there are members here that are also into audio, you can ask them where to buy high end gears :)

So in the end, it's still your choice bro at depende sa budget ;)
you may visit audio section or the buy and sell section for members who are into audio set-up ;)

Goodluck :)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 04:06 PM »
pmaligaya,

how much are you willing to spend for a table?

for a portable record player, try searching for a soundburger on the net. this, however doesn't have built-in speakers. it's more of the walkman for vinyl.

for all-in-one tables, i don't know about those in raon. but teac has an all-in one table, including a cd recorder. contact 5th avenue for pricing.

for a brand-new, stand alone turntable, you can try a denon. it has a built-in phono stage. so, if you have a mini component that has an audio input, you can connect the turntable directly. the denon's built-in phono stage can be by-passed, should you want to use an external phono stage in the future. contact architectural audio for pricing of the denon.
peace man!

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 04:13 PM »
pmaligaya,

just remembered. for repairs, try getting in touch with rene rivo. he restores vitage audio gear.

i'm not familiar with your table, but possible reasons for the "sintunado" problem include:
a. worn cartridge or stylus
b. worn belt if the table is belt driven
c. set-up of the table

peace man!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 06:21 PM »
Maybe you need something like this:

;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Jagner

• Collector
  • Listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 07:00 PM »
Check out the shop that sells generic electronic equipment near Ortigas Home Depot, they have a TEAC look-alike all in one that is cheaper than the TEAC itself.

As for the Califone,  I do remember seeing a few of those in an antique shop.  The lady that's running the shop was playing a Rey Valera LP on this equipment.  Check mo kung puedeng palitan ng stylus.  I recall they got their replacement stylus in Raon.

Offline pmaligaya

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2007 at 09:16 AM »
Check out the shop that sells generic electronic equipment near Ortigas Home Depot, they have a TEAC look-alike all in one that is cheaper than the TEAC itself.

As for the Califone,  I do remember seeing a few of those in an antique shop.  The lady that's running the shop was playing a Rey Valera LP on this equipment.  Check mo kung puedeng palitan ng stylus.  I recall they got their replacement stylus in Raon.

how much is the TEAC look-alike? where exactly is this store?

Salamat sa mga nag-reply so far to my post.