Author Topic: * B&K Preamp Voltage Conversion - Opinion *  (Read 1112 times)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
* B&K Preamp Voltage Conversion - Opinion *
« on: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:32 PM »
I purchased my B&K Ref30 with factory default of 120 v. I searched online on conversion to 240 v. as the local power rated. Fortunately a very kind fellow from B&K sent me guide to do the process, but six months passed still I didn't touch the original connection. It's not that I don't trust my techs friends here, it's they haven't done this thing yet on B&K and also I don't want to mess my unit.

Main purpose of converting to local voltage is get away with step-down transformer. minimized number of power outlet units behind the rack.

So, I decided to post it here to get opinions or advice from PDvd Community if guide is reliable. If I can do it myself without a presence of tech?

Below is the color/number codes of connections according to desired voltage:   

Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: * B&K Preamp Voltage Conversion - Opinion *
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:39 AM »
I purchased my B&K Ref30 with factory default of 120 v. I searched online on conversion to 240 v. as the local power rated. Fortunately a very kind fellow from B&K sent me guide to do the process, but six months passed still I didn't touch the original connection. It's not that I don't trust my techs friends here, it's they haven't done this thing yet on B&K and also I don't want to mess my unit.

Main purpose of converting to local voltage is get away with step-down transformer. minimized number of power outlet units behind the rack.

So, I decided to post it here to get opinions or advice from PDvd Community if guide is reliable. If I can do it myself without a presence of tech?

Below is the color/number codes of connections according to desired voltage:   

You can take note of the voltages on secondary before conversion, then follow instructtions for conversion, but do not plug straight to the 220volt wall outlet just yet, plug it onto 120v and take note of secondary voltages, they should turn out to be half they were prior to conversion. Once confirmed you can use it at 220 volts...good luck..... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: * B&K Preamp Voltage Conversion - Opinion *
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 12:53 PM »
You can take note of the voltages on secondary before conversion, then follow instructtions for conversion, but do not plug straight to the 220volt wall outlet just yet, plug it onto 120v and take note of secondary voltages, they should turn out to be half they were prior to conversion. Once confirmed you can use it at 220 volts...good luck..... ;D

Thanks! Sir TonyT for the advice...  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest