Author Topic: Help!Speakers for Pro (Where to buy)  (Read 686 times)

Offline airo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help!Speakers for Pro (Where to buy)
« on: Dec 03, 2007 at 11:26 PM »
Hello Guys

May I know the stores where I can buy decent/professional speakers? Speakers only (not including the baffles), I need some good brands for tweeter, midrange and woofer. Please just give the name of the stores and the brands of speakers they selling and I'll visit them for canvass. Much better if you have also their contacts.

Many Thanks and Best Regards.

Offline airo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help!Speakers for Pro (Where to buy)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007 at 02:23 PM »
Do we have here the following brands: Dayton, Peerless, Scanspeek, and Usher?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007 at 02:37 PM »
Usher is available at Architectural Audio...
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline 1great

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 02:46 AM »
Hello Guys

May I know the stores where I can buy decent/professional speakers? Speakers only (not including the baffles), I need some good brands for tweeter, midrange and woofer. Please just give the name of the stores and the brands of speakers they selling and I'll visit them for canvass. Much better if you have also their contacts.

Many Thanks and Best Regards.
Airo,
Professional speakers are those that used for recording studios, concert halls & stages, large venues.
You probably meant home theater/hifi speakers for home use. Scanspeak and Usher tend to be expensive to very expensive. Scanspeak is being used in almost all of the high end speaker brands you know together with Seas and Dynaudio. Usher uses other manufacturer's drivers but they also have their own drivers.
Peerless is with the same group as Scanspeak.
Are you in it for the sheer enjoyment of building it yourself? Or just wanted to hear beautiful sound. It is not that if you use quality parts (speakers) in your system, you will have a very good sounding system. Speaker building is an art and science. Most often the whole is more than the sum of its parts. And the crossover plays a very important role in these as well as the enclosure or baffle. You could have an expensive but lousy sounding system if not properly designed. But you could also have an affordable and beautiful sounding system. There are lots of it just search the audio magazines on the internet.
If you would like to build speakers from scratch, just buy the kit without baffles from partsexpress or madisound. They have been properly designed and matched with each other.
Good luck.