Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67883 times)

Offline viperkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #270 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM »
Dallas has been eliminated.

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #271 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 10:22 AM »
DEEEE-TROIT!!! B_A_S__K_E_T_B_A_L_L!!!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #272 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM »
I love it when everyone's complaining about the Hack-a-Shaq strategy NOW that the Suns are losing when it's been used by past coaches as well.

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #273 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM »
tony parker so FEARless binabastos lang si shaq.
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #274 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM »
How about refs helping the Spurs clich the series. What a bad call by that ref after Bowen tapped the ball. It was clear that it never touched Nash...the refs signal was it went off of his leg after the tap. All series long Parker initiates the contact and gets the whistle. Thomas flops all the time and gets the whistle. But the Suns free throw shooting did them. If they made half of what they missed we will be seeing game 7.

Let's see if the Spurs can work their magic with the Hornets -- who are better defenders than the Suns. Plus Parker will find a good match up against Chris Paul.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 12:55 PM »
Phoenix is gone as well.. Houston, on the other hand, lives to fight another day.. interested to see how New Orleans is going to play against the Spurs..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 01:01 PM »
Phoenix and Dallas will be licking their wounds this off-season, after their mid-season trades didnt work for them this season.  Experts weighed in, and the future is dim too.   They mortagaged their future for two aging stars.   

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 02:19 PM »
Phoenix and Dallas will be licking their wounds this off-season

mas masakit yung financial wounds...

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 05:22 PM »
They mortagaged their future for two aging stars.   
Exactly, Shaq is already past his prime while Shawn Marion is in his prime same goes with Kidd and Harris. The only big deal trade that worked was for the Lakers.

Go Lakers!!! ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2008 at 07:50 AM »
So, Dallas just fired Avery Johnson.. it's really going to be a busy off-season for the Mavs..

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:09 AM »
The Suns had a lot of opportunities so saying that officiating was the main culprit is something I dont buy. Its the hornets that will be in for a challenge, the spurs will change strategies depending on the teams they face.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:14 AM »
Tony Parker so nasty i think he's the best take charge point guard in the NBA today. He's improving his game every year i can still remember in the championship series against Detroit some years back na nagkakalat pa yan due to inexperience and Coach Popovich would pull him out everytime na masakit na sya tingnan sa court. Over the years he improved tremendously and is now San Antonio's take charge guy. He along w/ Manu Ginobili form the NBA's deadlist penetrating backcourt tandem i've ever seen in years. They create there own plays by slashing thru defenses thus freeing Duncan for dunks and setting up jump shooters like Bowen , Finley and Barry. My heart is w/ the LAKERS< i love to see a LAKERS CELTICS finale but the way SAN ANTONIO's playing, its hard to tell. We'll see more of PARKER against Chris Paul and i wont be surprised he's up to the challenge and take it personal against PAUL who i predict is gona be the Regular Season MVP for leading NEW ORLEANS to the second seed in the western playoffs.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:17 AM »
So, Dallas just fired Avery Johnson.. it's really going to be a busy off-season for the Mavs..
Its time for him to go out. Mark Cuban has invested a lot on DALLAS in thats why he impatient he want results and quick.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:38 AM »
My prediction.....Kobe will win MVP.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2008 at 09:05 AM »
Its time for him to go out. Mark Cuban has invested a lot on DALLAS in thats why he impatient he want results and quick.

Yeah.  Too bad for Avery.  He was under too much pressure to deliver.  But a large part of the blame should be pinned on some of the Mavs.  But I'm sure we'll see Avery coaching some other team soon.  I just hope they don't make him a commentator with that big mouth of his.  :)

Game 5 of BOS-ATL on C/S Sports na!
We deserve better.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
My prediction.....Kobe will win MVP.
kobe is the more celebrated player of the two. He's a good plAYER W/ TREMENDOUS TALENT BUT HE DOESNT HAVE THE LEADERSHIP QUALITY OF cHRIS pAUL. i DONT THINK THE lAKERS WOULD HAVE GONE THIS FAR W/O THE gASOL TRADE W/C ADDS DEPTH TO THEIR TEAM AN INSIDE SCORER AND A VERSATILE BIG MAN gasol makes Bryant look better whereas at new orleans its really Paul leading the show w/ tremendous performances and it really cause the turn around for his teams success this year. I dont like chris paul but his performance has convinced me that he deserves to be MVP
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
kobe is the more celebrated player of the two. He's a good plAYER W/ TREMENDOUS TALENT BUT HE DOESNT HAVE THE LEADERSHIP QUALITY OF cHRIS pAUL. i DONT THINK THE lAKERS WOULD HAVE GONE THIS FAR W/O THE gASOL TRADE W/C ADDS DEPTH TO THEIR TEAM AN INSIDE SCORER AND A VERSATILE BIG MAN gasol makes Bryant look better whereas at new orleans its really Paul leading the show w/ tremendous performances and it really cause the turn around for his teams success this year. I dont like chris paul but his performance has convinced me that he deserves to be MVP

Huh?  No leadership qualities?  Have you watched any of the Lakers game before they got Gasol?

With or without the Gasol trade, the Lakers are contenders because of Kobe.  CP3 is good, but for me, David West is the key to defeating New Orleans.  Shut down West and you can shut down NO.

And don't give me that sh!t about CP3 making his team mates better, West was already a double-double monster before CP3.  Peja has always been a deadly shooter.  And, Chandler was a defensive monster in Chicago.  (Chicago really erred big time when they chosed Big Ben over Chandler).

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2008 at 11:35 AM »
Huh?  No leadership qualities?  Have you watched any of the Lakers game before they got Gasol?

With or without the Gasol trade, the Lakers are contenders because of Kobe.  CP3 is good, but for me, David West is the key to defeating New Orleans.  Shut down West and you can shut down NO.

And don't give me that sh!t about CP3 making his team mates better, West was already a double-double monster before CP3.  Peja has always been a deadly shooter.  And, Chandler was a defensive monster in Chicago.  (Chicago really erred big time when they chosed Big Ben over Chandler).

Do you think the Lakers will be at the top of the west w/o the Gasol trade? I think they land 5th or sixth in the west w/o Gasol in the line up. And pls do remember that ANDREW BYNUM was injured so w/o Gasol and that kinda tough race in the west, the LAKERS wont even stand a chance at the top. Kobe's a selfish player far from the class of JORDAN. Anyway thats just my personal opinion. U can think your way i can think my way. It doesnt really matter if the MVP goes to KOBE but my vote stays w/ CHRIS PAUL
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 12:05 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2008 at 11:57 AM »
One of the columnists from ESPN described Kobe and CP this way:

Kobe's teammates are afraid of him. He's got your back as long as you don't screw up.

CP on the other hand commands the respect of his teammates. They'll go to war with him.

I agree with that assessment.

With regard to MVP, though, I'd give it to Kobe, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 11:57 AM by sardaukar »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2008 at 12:56 PM »

Wow.  My short statement ruffled some feathers.   I didnt say who is more deserving over the other.  Whoever wins, between Kobe and CP3, they both deserve it.   

But to say that Kobe doesnt have the leadership quality of Chris Paul, now thats another matter.   Here are some figures that would challenge some of your statements, particularly those underestimating Kobe and his leadership.   For your information, Pau Gasol played only 26 games for the Lakers this year, and Bynum 35 games.  So for you to overestimate their contributions and question Kobe's is rather unfair.   Somebody has to keep the team afloat during those games when they only have Turiaf or Mbenga playing Center.   And to do that while playing with an injured finger in his shooting hand requiring surgery, it say a lot of his resolve in winning games.   

Kobe is playing the best team ball in his life, and is doing it in a higher echelon level only Lebron can presently reach.  And he is doing it in a team whose general health is far below that Chris Paul had enjoyed.   

And oh by the way, you dont have to post with some caps letters......I get your point, I just dont agree with it.

Marc Stein's MVP Ballot

"For all of Paul's undeniable brilliance -- and for all of you who can't wait to angrily dismiss this as a lifetime achievement award for the guy considered the best player to never win an MVP award -- I'm sorry. But Bryant had to deal with and do more this season than even CP3.

Bryant has seen more double- and triple-teams and junk defenses. He's endured a far lower grade of overall team health; Andrew Bynum will end up having played less than half the season and Pau Gasol has missed 11 games just since his Feb. 1 arrival in Los Angeles. Kobe has also played through a hand injury of his own that still requires surgery and is asked by his coach and teammates to be All-NBA at both ends, all while shouldering higher expectations than those of any other player in the league."

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 01:17 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2008 at 01:15 PM »
Do you think the Lakers will be at the top of the west w/o the Gasol trade? I think they land 5th or sixth in the west w/o Gasol in the line up. And pls do remember that ANDREW BYNUM was injured so w/o Gasol and that kinda tough race in the west, the LAKERS wont even stand a chance at the top.

Yun nga eh......Kobe still led this team to the top of the WC, with Bynum playing only 35 games, and Gasol only 25 games (he was injured for 9 games after the trade).   

Kobe's a selfish player far from the class of JORDAN. Anyway thats just my personal opinion. U can think your way i can think my way. It doesnt really matter if the MVP goes to KOBE but my vote stays w/ CHRIS PAUL

Oh cmon, Jordan is also selfish in his younger days with Chicago.   Kobe gets this media hate because he has  arrogance that ruffles the feathers of anybody that isnt a Laker fan.   I am not out here to bash Jordan, I am and still a Jordan fan, but really, you woudnt be a top scorer in the league without being a little selfish right?   And they were forced to take matters too.   Kobe played with the likes of Smush and Kwame, and Jordan played with the likes of Brad Sellers etc.   But when the roster complemented the triangle offense that they both played, they played within the system.  Just like what Kobe is doing now.   

I'll hate Kobe too if im not a Laker fan.  But I am.  And just love it when people react when he succeeds.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2008 at 02:17 PM »
ah KOBE its either you like him or hate him he..he

oh rumors has it that mike d antoni is out too..tsk tsk too bad that cant fire amare stouamire (no D... he..he)

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2008 at 05:00 PM »
"If Kobe hasn’t won it,” James said. “I got no chance.”*
 *LBJ asked about his MVP chances.

Game respects game.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2008 at 05:51 PM »
Do you think the Lakers will be at the top of the west w/o the Gasol trade? I think they land 5th or sixth in the west w/o Gasol in the line up. And pls do remember that ANDREW BYNUM was injured so w/o Gasol and that kinda tough race in the west, the LAKERS wont even stand a chance at the top. Kobe's a selfish player far from the class of JORDAN. Anyway thats just my personal opinion. U can think your way i can think my way. It doesnt really matter if the MVP goes to KOBE but my vote stays w/ CHRIS PAUL

Do you think the Hornets will be in 2nd place in the Western Conference without David West?  This what-if scenarios are just that, what-ifs.  The Lakers have Gasol, and they won the West race.  That's reality!  And if Kobe doesn't win it, uh-oh... you'll know he'll try to win Finals MVP instead.

Let's just try this one instead, if the Lakers were to trade Kobe with CP3... I'm very positive that the Hornets with agree in a heartbeat.  The Lakers on the other hand wouldn't even consider a trade of Kobe for CP3 and West.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2008 at 05:56 PM »
Wow.  My short statement ruffled some feathers.   I didnt say who is more deserving over the other.  Whoever wins, between Kobe and CP3, they both deserve it.   

But to say that Kobe doesnt have the leadership quality of Chris Paul, now thats another matter.   Here are some figures that would challenge some of your statements, particularly those underestimating Kobe and his leadership.   For your information, Pau Gasol played only 26 games for the Lakers this year, and Bynum 35 games.  So for you to overestimate their contributions and question Kobe's is rather unfair.   Somebody has to keep the team afloat during those games when they only have Turiaf or Mbenga playing Center.   And to do that while playing with an injured finger in his shooting hand requiring surgery, it say a lot of his resolve in winning games.   

Kobe is playing the best team ball in his life, and is doing it in a higher echelon level only Lebron can presently reach.  And he is doing it in a team whose general health is far below that Chris Paul had enjoyed.   

And oh by the way, you dont have to post with some caps letters......I get your point, I just dont agree with it.

Marc Stein's MVP Ballot

"For all of Paul's undeniable brilliance -- and for all of you who can't wait to angrily dismiss this as a lifetime achievement award for the guy considered the best player to never win an MVP award -- I'm sorry. But Bryant had to deal with and do more this season than even CP3.

Bryant has seen more double- and triple-teams and junk defenses. He's endured a far lower grade of overall team health; Andrew Bynum will end up having played less than half the season and Pau Gasol has missed 11 games just since his Feb. 1 arrival in Los Angeles. Kobe has also played through a hand injury of his own that still requires surgery and is asked by his coach and teammates to be All-NBA at both ends, all while shouldering higher expectations than those of any other player in the league."

i think i just hurt a kobe diehard here in this forum. Well thats how i see it and and thats how i will say it. Some of you may agree and some may not. Everybody's entitle to his or her own opinion right? End of discussion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 07:03 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2008 at 06:44 PM »
i think i just hurt a kobe dieheart here in this forum. Well thats how i see it and and thats how i will say it. Some of you may agree and some may not. Everybody's entitle to his or her own opinion right? End of discussion.
  Well,  a long time Laker fan do have the right to discuss against shortsighted comments.   And when Kobe gets MVP, at least most of the media voters, who by the way have more expert insight than us,  would agree with me.   

Again, Im not saying that CP3 doesnt deserve it if he wins.   Ill applaud him too for a job well done.   He really did a great job leading that NO team.

Its just that you're being bias and  shortsighted  if you will diss Kobe's accomplishments this season just like that.    Just like your previous posts indicated.

Oh by the way...whats a dieheart??  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 06:58 PM by Munskie »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2008 at 07:16 PM »
dude as i have said end of discussion i will not engage in a word war w/ u becoz of kobe bryant. U think kobe is MVP thats ur opinion. I think Chris Paul is MVP thats my opinion. This is a forum dude we are suppose to relate and share our opinions w/ one another. There's no sense arguing w/ one another. We make our comments based on observations and beliefs, do pros and cons and eventually we conclude.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2008 at 07:51 PM »
Do you think the Hornets will be in 2nd place in the Western Conference without David West?  This what-if scenarios are just that, what-ifs.  The Lakers have Gasol, and they won the West race.  That's reality!  And if Kobe doesn't win it, uh-oh... you'll know he'll try to win Finals MVP instead.

Let's just try this one instead, if the Lakers were to trade Kobe with CP3... I'm very positive that the Hornets with agree in a heartbeat.  The Lakers on the other hand wouldn't even consider a trade of Kobe for CP3 and West.
This is not about who's the better player between the two, It is the overall performance of a player that is significant and deserves recognition in a yearly basis. Players no matter how good they are cant consistently win MVP every year that they play. Look at Steve Nash who would ever believe that he'll win the regular season MVP twice in a row. He was able to do that because of how he was able to make his team play better. Basketball is a team game its five versus five no great player can win it alone w/o the help of his teammates. David West is playing well becoz he plays w/in the system. His team mates specially Chris Paul open up situations for him to excell in his game this year. I doubt if he can play like that if traded to other teams. .
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:08 PM »
His team mates specially Chris Paul open up situations for him to excell in his game this year. I doubt if he can play like that if traded to other teams. .

I don't really agree with this.. if you've seen the games of New Orleans, David West creates for himself most of the time.. he gets most of his points his own way.. he posts up mostly and at times, takes a jumper.. he doesn't need Chris Paul for him to get his points.. I would even say that he's better than Amare Stoudemire.. and this is one reason why New Orleans have been successful.. they have both an inside and outside game.. they can post up West or they drive and dish to their outside shooters.. it's not all Chris Paul.. it's Chandler and Stojakovic who benefit most from Paul's assists.. put West in any team and i'd bet he'd play just the same..

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:14 PM »
This is not about who's the better player between the two, It is the overall performance of a player that is significant and deserves recognition in a yearly basis. Players no matter how good they are cant consistently win MVP every year that they play. Look at Steve Nash who would ever believe that he'll win the regular season MVP twice in a row. He was able to do that because of how he was able to make his team play better. Basketball is a team game its five versus five no great player can win it alone w/o the help of his teammates. David West is playing well becoz he plays w/in the system. His team mates specially Chris Paul open up situations for him to excell in his game this year. I doubt if he can play like that if traded to other teams. .

Agree with the reasons posted by boredfilmmaker one post up. 

And... please review the years when David West was already with the Hornets and Chris Paul was not.  He was already a double-double machine back then... I know coz he basically won me my Fantasy league the first time he broke through.  He might even have more game winners than Chris Paul... so give the guy his due.