Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67717 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2008 at 08:48 PM »
Every great player has to play within a system. i agree West is a double double machine but is that enough to lead a team to the playoffs w/ those criteria? Did West ever had a winning season before Chris Paul came? West"s performance this year is recognized becoz the Hornets have a winning season. New Orleans on paper isnt as invincible compared to other teams but the chemistry among its players excells over other teams. Why do you think Byron Scott win the coach of the year award this year? Why wasnt he recognized when he took New Jersey to consecutive nba finals appearances b4? Doc Rivers has done a complete turn around w/ Boston this year but why did they give it to Scott? Its the X factor that determines the results. This is not a discussion about who the better player is. Its who's the most deserving player to win the award this season.My choice of Chris Paul for MVP is based on his overall performance this season and becoz of that NEW ORLEAN's enjoying a winning season as a team. I would love to watch a LAKERS vs CELTICS finale but i think otherwise.
My Western Final Prediction: LA vs SAN ANTONIO; Eastern Final Prediction:DETROIT vs CLEVELAND
NBA Champion 2007-2008   : SAN ANTONIO SPURS
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 at 09:00 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2008 at 11:13 PM »
He's a good plAYER
    9 time all-nba team member.  and all I can get is good player? 

gasol makes Bryant look better
   Gasol was 0-12 in play-offs.   With Kobe, He is now 4-0 so far.    Hmmm.  Maybe even Gasol will disagree.

at new orleans its really Paul leading the show w/ tremendous performances and it really cause the turn around for his teams success this year
  Great job by CP3.   They improved by 17 wins versus last season.  But Kobe's leading his team too.   Lakers won 15 more games than their previous season.........   

Kobe's a selfish player far from the class of JORDAN
   Really.   Kobe's career FGA average is 19.  Jordan's is at 23.   And Kobe's more selfish?

ah KOBE its either you like him or hate him he..he

Yeah Kim, thats why Im no longer surprised with the posts.  I know the type na.   End of discussion.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2008 at 11:18 AM »
Kobe and CP3 deserve it. Since the Lakers won the conference, it's just right to give it to Kobe.

Hey, Nash deserves his MVPs.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008 at 11:26 AM by bumblebee »

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2008 at 11:35 AM »
both players deserves it.. heck even KG and Lebron deserve it, sentimental votes will be a huge factor and most likely will swing in kobe's favor...

picture getting clearer...

East
Celtic/Hawks vs Cavs/Wiz
Magic vs Psiton

West
Spurs vs Hornets
Lakers vs Jazz/Rockets

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:08 AM »
Great Bos/Atl game. Wow, Atlanta able to force a 7. Kakahiya talaga Suns ko. And felt even worse after reading Simmon's article.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008 at 11:12 AM by sardaukar »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:16 AM »
the Celtics haven't won on the road yet this playoffs.. if they can't win against a sub-par team like Atlanta on the road, they're going to have their hands full in the next rounds, if they advance..

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:27 AM »
Boston-Atlanta ------ hhhmmmmmm...... a Dallas - Golden State series in the making.....  ;D ;D 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008 at 11:39 AM by skylynx888 »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:28 AM »
Hanep ang Hot-lanta!  ^ Yup - could they be this year's Warriors?!!  Odds are still against them winning Game 7, so that'll be the Celtics' game to lose.  Boston looks like it's becoming overconfident, as typified by that ill-advised trey attempt by Ray Allen in the closing seconds of Game 6 when they could've gone for the equalizer instead.  ???  
We deserve better.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:38 AM »
(AP) - A look at the matchups in the second round of the NBA playoffs, which begin Saturday (with regular-season record, first-round series mark in parentheses):

No. 2 DETROIT PISTONS (59-23, 4-2) vs. No. 3 ORLANDO MAGIC (52-30, 4-1)

Season Series: Tied, 2-2, with Orlando snapping Detroit's 10-game winning streak with a 104-99 victory at The Palace of Auburn Hills in the first game after the All-Star break. Richard Hamilton averaged 21.7 points and shot 58 percent from the field in three games for the Pistons, who scored 100.5 points per game against the Magic. Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis and Dwight Howard all averaged at least 17 points for the Magic.

Storyline: Swept by Detroit in the first round last year, here's a chance for the Magic to show how far they've come -- and end the Pistons' quest for a sixth straight conference finals appearance. The Magic got a huge first-round series from Howard, who averaged 22.6 points and 18.2 rebounds, with three 20-20 games. He'll need to be just as good on the boards, because the Pistons outrebounded the Magic by an average of eight per game during the regular season.

Key Matchup I: Tayshaun Prince vs. Turkoglu. Prince, the Pistons' top individual defender, will get a chance to slow the winner of the NBA's most improved player award. Turkoglu averaged 19.5 points against the Pistons but shot only 41 percent. Prince contained Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala in the first round and also had a terrific series offensively, scoring 16.3 points per game on 66 percent shooting.

Key Matchup II: Chauncey Billups vs. Jameer Nelson. Nelson had an excellent first-round series against Toronto's point guard tandem of T.J. Ford and Jose Calderon, averaging 17.2 points on 52 percent shooting. Though Billups wasn't particularly sharp in the first round, he's a big step up in competition, and his strength can give Nelson trouble.

X-Factor: Keith Bogans. Besides having to chase Hamilton around screens, Bogans will try to offer something on the offensive end. He made 15 of 20 shots against Detroit this season, but struggled badly with his shot in the first round.

Prediction: Pistons in 6.

No. 2 NEW ORLEANS HORNETS (56-26, 4-1) vs. No. 3 SAN ANTONIO SPURS (56-26, 4-1)

Season Series: Tied, 2-2, with both New Orleans wins coming in blowouts. The Hornets sent a loud statement they were a contender with a 102-78 victory in San Antonio on Jan. 26, and later beat the Spurs 100-75 at home. The Spurs limited the Hornets to 87 points per game in the other two games. Chris Paul averaged 14 assists in the Hornets’ two wins, 5.5 in the losses.

Storyline: Both teams had surprisingly easy first-round victories, but this should be a competitive series between the up-and-coming Hornets and the defending champion Spurs, who have never made it beyond the second round in any of their three previous title defenses. New Orleans won the tiebreaker to earn the Southwest Division title and home-court advantage for this series.

Key Matchup I: Paul vs. Tony Parker. Two of the NBA’s speediest point guards, who expertly work the pick-and-roll and can get to the basket against almost any defender. The Spurs frequently used Bruce Bowen to defend Steve Nash in the first round, but Paul probably has too much foot speed for the Spurs’ 36-year-old defensive ace. Parker, a better scorer, averaged 29.6 points in the first round. Paul went for 24.6 points and 12.0 assists.

Key Matchup II: Peja Stojakovic vs. Bowen. Stojakovic was a sizzling 17-of-28 (61 percent) from 3-point range in the first round while averaging 15.8 points. Bowen, a physical perimeter defender, will try to make sure Stojakovic doesn’t get too comfortable.

X-Factor: Jannero Pargo. Gave the Hornets 14.6 points per game in his reserve role against Dallas, either spelling Paul or playing together in the backcourt to help them quicken the pace. Combined with Bonzi Wells and Julian Wright, he gives New Orleans an edge in athleticism off the bench.

Prediction: Spurs in 7.

We deserve better.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2008 at 11:56 AM »
Boston looks like it's becoming overconfident, as typified by that ill-advised trey attempt by Ray Allen in the closing seconds of Game 6 when they could've gone for the equalizer instead.  ??? 

That's usually the philosophy in those types of games. Go for the tie at home, the win (the 3)  on the road. Plus, they may not have liked their chances in OT with Pierce out.

Muntik pang patalo si Bibby. Bato ng bato.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008 at 11:59 AM by sardaukar »

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2008 at 12:24 PM »
KOBE IS THE MVP  ;D ;D ;D

As per ESPN there are some reports from media men that Kobe beat CP3 for this seasons MVP.

I agreee that either way it would have been a deserving winner.
CP3 led NO to a very impressive season and current playoff run.
Kobe led the Lakers to the #1 seed in the ultra competitive Western Conference.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2008 at 06:34 PM »
^just saw the same news being carried by latimes.

btw, is it just me, or are the major sports websites down? i've been trying to get some news on boston-atlanta, and kobe winning, and i can't get through espn, or cnnsi.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2008 at 07:31 PM »
Great Bos/Atl game. Wow, Atlanta able to force a 7. Kakahiya talaga Suns ko. And felt even worse after reading Simmon's article.
Suns tough luck lng sa draw San Antonio agad 1st round at contrapelo tlga sila. Coach Greg Popovich seems to know how to beat the Suns.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2008 at 07:35 PM »
^just saw the same news being carried by latimes.

btw, is it just me, or are the major sports websites down? i've been trying to get some news on boston-atlanta, and kobe winning, and i can't get through espn, or cnnsi.

both espn and cnnsi are working fine for me, you can try foxsports too.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline jht3

• Collector
  • HT noob :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2008 at 12:21 AM »
I used to hate Kobe for being a ball-hog but I think he has become more mature now and started to act as a real leader. My MVP vote goes to Kobe, but if CP3 wins the award, it would be okay since he also has those MVP characteristics.
Online basketball:
www.cyberdunk.com?ref=26170

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2008 at 12:54 AM »
Andrew Bnum is out for the season :( Kobe is sure gonna earn his MVP honors if they want to win it all.
But I think other teams had a big sigh of relief after learning Bynum will be out.
That's a very BIG problem to solve when you play the Lakers with Bynum in the line up.
Just imagine: Bynum, Gasol and Odom in the front line then Kobe in the wing and Fisher running the point.

Watch out for the Paul and PArker match up. It'll be fun :)
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2008 at 06:32 AM »
(AP) - A look at the matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Utah Jazz in the second round of the NBA playoffs, which begins Sunday (with regular-season record, first-round series mark in parentheses):

No. 1 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (57-25, 4-0) vs. No. 4 UTAH JAZZ (54-28, 4-2).

Season Series: Lakers, 3-1, with three of the meetings coming back in late 2007. The Lakers won the most recent game, handing the Jazz one of their four home losses with a 106-95 victory on March 20. All the games were decided by double digits, and the Lakers shot a combined 54 percent from the field in their wins.

Storyline: The Lakers had an easy time with Denver in the first round, giving them plenty of rest before facing the physical Jazz. Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer will score against the Lakers, but the Jazz must defend much better than they did while yielding 111 points per game in the regular-season series — and they never even faced Los Angeles with Pau Gasol in the lineup.

Key Matchup I: Kobe Bryant vs. Ronnie Brewer. The athletic Brewer likely gets the first crack at defending Bryant, who torched the Jazz for 29.8 points on 56 percent shooting and made 10 of 18 3-pointers. Brewer did have some of his best offensive numbers against the Lakers, scoring 14.8 points per game. Andrei Kirilenko and perhaps even Williams could get turns at Bryant.

Key Matchup II: Gasol vs. Boozer. Boozer averaged 16 points and 11.7 rebounds in the first round against Houston, but shot an uncharacteristically low 43 percent. Gasol had things much easier in his first postseason with the Lakers, shooting 58 percent while recording 22.3 points and 9.0 rebounds per game. Gasol was out with a sprained ankle when the teams met in March, so the Jazz haven't experienced his impact on the triangle offense yet.

X-Factor: Paul Millsap. Utah's energetic second-year reserve had one of his best games of the season when he started in Boozer's place on Nov. 30, scoring 20 points on 10-of-14 shooting and grabbing nine rebounds in the lone Jazz victory. He totaled only 22 points in the other three games, and the Jazz need more of a spark than that.

Prediction: Lakers in 6.

----------------------------

Congrats to Kobe on your first MVP!  Definitely well-deserved!  Makes it sweeter, given the level of competition this year ;D ;D ;D

Too bad Bynum is out for the season.  :(  At least that's certain now, and the Lakers can stop playing the waiting game and focus on the task at hand. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008 at 06:33 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2008 at 11:31 AM »
(AP) - No. 1 BOSTON CELTICS (66-16, 4-3) vs. No. 4 CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (45-37, 4-2).

Season Series: Tied, 2-2, with Boston winning a game that LeBron James missed and Cleveland taking the one that Kevin Garnett sat out. The Celtics also won the lone meeting that came after the Cavaliers’ big trade at the deadline. James averaged 32.3 points, 9.7 assists and 7.0 rebounds, with huge games in both Cleveland victories, but sat out a Dec. 2 loss with a sprained finger. Ray Allen scored 23.8 per game for Boston, but neither Garnett nor Paul Pierce had extraordinary numbers.

Storyline: The Celtics had a surprisingly difficult time in the first round, needing seven games to eliminate Atlanta. Things won’t get any easier now, because James and the rest of the defending Eastern Conference champions will be fresher, with Boston getting just one day off before the series starts.

Key Matchup I: Pierce vs. James. James shot only 41 percent against Boston during the regular season, going 7-for-24 in the Celtics’ 92-87 victory on Feb. 27. But he took 40 free throws in three games, and the Celtics will have to double-team him frequently. The Celtics need Pierce to make James work on the other end, but their All-Star forward managed only 13.5 points on 25 percent shooting against the Cavs.

Key Matchup II: Garnett vs. Ben Wallace. The Cavs’ deadline deal gave them one of the NBA’s top defenders to match up with Garnett, the league’s Defensive Player of the Year. Wallace won the award four times this decade and is still a good rebounder and shot blocker, but provides little on the other end. His horrendous free throw shooting (25 percent in the first round) could be a liability in close games. He’ll try to keep Garnett, who averaged 21 points in the first round, closer to the 15.3 he put up against the Cavs.

X-Factor: Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak. James will find open shots for his teammates, and he needs these two former Celtics to make them from the outside. The Cavs were 4-0 in the first round when one of them scored at least 15 points.

Prediction: Celtics in 7.

We deserve better.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2008 at 10:04 PM »
My picks:
(1) LA Lakers beats Utah Jazz
(2) New Orleans Hornets loses to San Antonio Spurs

(1) Boston Celtics beats Cleveland Cavaliers
(2) Detroit Pistons loses to Orlando Magic

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2008 at 10:28 PM »
DEEEETROIT ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2008 at 12:16 AM »
Looks like D'Antoni and the Suns will part ways. There are some rumors that th Bulls and NY are very interested in the soon to be ex-Suns coach. Ben Gordon and Luol Deng is eager to have the offensive minded coach in Chicago. However, another possibility that Stephen A. Smith is pointing out is D'Antoni moving to Canada and Sam Mitchell moving to Toronto. If you guys remember it was Bryan Colangelo (Toronto GM) was the one who hired D'Antoni and not Kerr. Plus with a bunch of international players in Toronto D'Antoni is sure to be excited about it. It's like coaching back in Europe. Apparently Suns GM (Kerr) and D'Antoni have differences in their philosophy that seems to suggest that D'Antoni moving out of Phoenix is all but final. Last week Kerr said that he won't permit any team to conduct an interview with his coach but that changed this morning.

So long to the Run-and-Gun Suns. I wonder what are they going to do with Shaq and Grant Hill.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2008 at 07:09 PM »
lakers all the way!! purple and gold reign!! ;D

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2008 at 08:58 AM »
With the way the Hornets has beaten the Spurs in two games, I think they'll go deep in this playoffs. But then, they're still facing the defending champs.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2008/series/series_w2s2.html
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2008 at 01:15 PM »
Celtics win game 1 versus Cavs in an ugly game.

Kudos to Kobe for winning MVP.    Dream season for him and the Lakers if they will go all the way.  So far, sila ang pinaka consistent.   Just shows how Phil Jackson has them playing the way he wants them too.   

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2008 at 01:54 PM »
Game 2 bukas
1030am Channel 9 or C/S sports

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2008 at 05:00 PM »
playoffs telecast update (btv, c/s-rpn)

may 12 (btv)

jazz-lakers @ 330am

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2008 at 07:03 PM »
Game 3 of SAS-NOH will also be shown on Star Sports this Friday, 9:30 a.m.  Obviously a must-win for the defending champs.  How to stop Chris Paul...  ???
We deserve better.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2008 at 01:59 PM »
Yahoo!!  Lakers 2-0 na.....  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2008 at 02:09 PM »
Yahoo!!  Lakers 2-0 na.....  ;D ;D ;D

Nakita mo yung box score? Grabe, talk about balanced scoring with Kobe leading the way with 34 points.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2008 at 02:17 PM »
Kobe reminds me of the after-retirement Jordan, the Lakers of the 2nd 3peat Bulls. Keep it up Lakers.