Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67971 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #390 on: May 17, 2008 at 07:25 AM »
There's no sense defending Horry if he's got the role as an enforcer for his team. As far as i'm concern wat happened is just part of the game and warriors on the court should live w/ dat. If thats how the Spurs gona play, then the Hornets should be prepared to beat the Spurs at their own game. Dallas was able to do that two years ago when Nowitski ( unknown for driving hard to the basket) drove hard contested to the basket forcing overtime w/c Dallas eventually won.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #391 on: May 17, 2008 at 09:35 AM »
Cheap shot or not again it's the play-offs as long as there is no intention of hurting the player that is a good thing in basketball (as far as the refs are concern since they only call it an offensive foul rather than a flagrant). Star players should always be ready with those cheap shots coz they will be the target of somebody like Horry  eventhough I don't think that he wants to be tag as "Cheap Shot Bob" in his mind this is just how we play basketball here in San Antonio and that is why we are the champs. Look at what the Wizards did to Lebron, they clobbered him every game but you haven't heard anything from him because he knew that Wizards will be aggressive on defense against him. Wizards was so vocal about how they are going to play Lebron and that is to get physical with him. The only thing is it didn't work coz they lost the series. If they win that series I think that Wizards will be tagged as "Cheap Shot Wizards".  ;)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #392 on: May 17, 2008 at 11:27 AM »
Anybody else thinks that Paul Pierce sold out in Game 6?
Check how many passes he gave away throughout the game.
Also, can someone tell KG to post up and take the ball to the rack!
No chance of winning it all if they play that way.

Home team wins....home team wins...home team wins...
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #393 on: May 17, 2008 at 01:43 PM »
The Lakers are advancing to the Western conference finals. Utah made a last minute heave but they came up short :(  Well-deserved win for the Lakers.  :D
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: May 17, 2008 at 01:46 PM »
Yahoo!!!   My heart stopped a beat two times during the last seconds.    Two game tying attempts there by Utah.   That was really close.

P.S.  I wish some Utah fans would show some class to their visitors...they pelted the Laker bench with cups and whathaveyou.   

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: May 17, 2008 at 02:20 PM »
I think those classless Jazz fans were even chanting "Cancer" just to spite Derek Fischer. Hey, didn't Jerry Sloan's wife die of cancer? What the hell are the fans smoking up in Utah?  >:(

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: May 17, 2008 at 02:44 PM »
Re: Horry's foul

Well, I do agree with some that it was a cheap shot. It would've been nothing but a bump if West wasn't injured, right? Everything would've been brushed aside as being part of the game. Sure, it's the playoffs and everyone's got to put an extra effort into doing everything to help your team win; but it's still no excuse to intentionally hit the opposing team' injured player. Of course, the argument here is that if West was really injured, then why the heck would he risk playing and hurting his back more. It's because he wants to help his team win, which is ironic coz that's exactly what Horry wants to do.

Sure the foul may look blatantly intentional, but if you're going up against a player the size of David West, where would you place your forearm or hands on his body to stop him from moving (within the allowed rules of the NBA)? It's gotta be the back, right? Especially if the guy's about to back you down or move towards you back-first. Would it have been any more cheap if it was someone like Duncan who knocked West down? Look at the animated gif and you'll see that Horry was just going through the motions of setting a pick. It was West who came jumping to Horry with his back to the basket. If you look at it on a different perspective, you'll think that Horry was just trying to wind-up to set a screen (illegal or not).

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #397 on: May 17, 2008 at 02:46 PM »
purple and gold reign!!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: May 17, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
Re: Horry's foul

Well, I do agree with some that it was a cheap shot. It would've been nothing but a bump if West wasn't injured, right? Everything would've been brushed aside as being part of the game. Sure, it's the playoffs and everyone's got to put an extra effort into doing everything to help your team win; but it's still no excuse to intentionally hit the opposing team' injured player. Of course, the argument here is that if West was really injured, then why the heck would he risk playing and hurting his back more. It's because he wants to help his team win, which is ironic coz that's exactly what Horry wants to do.

Sure the foul may look blatantly intentional, but if you're going up against a player the size of David West, where would you place your forearm or hands on his body to stop him from moving (within the allowed rules of the NBA)? It's gotta be the back, right? Especially if the guy's about to back you down or move towards you back-first. Would it have been any more cheap if it was someone like Duncan who knocked West down? Look at the animated gif and you'll see that Horry was just going through the motions of setting a pick. It was West who came jumping to Horry with his back to the basket. If you look at it on a different perspective, you'll think that Horry was just trying to wind-up to set a screen (illegal or not).

i do agree now.   and Byron Scott has also himself to blame, he didnt put out West in the bench soon enough.....it was a blowout.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: May 17, 2008 at 03:54 PM »
Well, West has the luxury of 2-3 days of rest before the next game. I think that would be enough for him to recover from Horry's blow.  ;D

Would it be great if Celtics and Lakers will go out of it in the Finals just like the 80's? Hmmmm...I hope not I'm a Spurs fan.  ;D ...but on the second thought that would be really cool.

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2008 at 04:07 PM »
I hope LBJ plants the dagger on the Celtics with a 50pt. performance in Boston for Game 7. Whether its the Celtics or the Cavaliers, they'll have trouble getting past the Pistons in the conference Finals.

Out in the West, both New Orleans and SA have what it takes to knock out LA.

Fearless forecast: DETRIOT vs. NO, SA or LAL.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2008 at 05:14 PM »
Pick only one in the West.  ;D  :P

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2008 at 06:06 PM »
Basketball is a contact sport. Players went on rigid physical conditioning and weights training so their bodies can take these contacts. 
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2008 at 07:48 AM »

And 1. "Then taunts the rowdy Jazz fans..."CANT STOP ME.....CANT STOP ME!!!"

Yabang no...... ;D ;D ;D  If I aint a Laker fan....I would've hate him too!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 at 08:54 AM by Munskie »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2008 at 07:53 AM »
very nice gif images galing ni Bryant resembles Jordan's famous fadeaway in your face jumpers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: May 19, 2008 at 08:58 AM »
Eastern Finals is set.

Boston Celtics vs Detroit Pistons

Ill be rooting for the Celts to win.    Para kung sakali makalusot ang LA sa West, it will be a match-up to watch.   The dream goes on.   And if it came true....more viewing parties!!!!  ;D ;D

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #406 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:05 AM »
detroit in 6!! ;D

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #407 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:48 AM »

And 1. "Then taunts the rowdy Jazz fans..."CANT STOP ME.....CANT STOP ME!!!"

Yabang no...... ;D ;D ;D  If I aint a Laker fan....I would've hate him too!  ;D ;D

Hey, I would too. A fade-away jumper is one thing. But to pump it?

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:56 AM »

ABC is going to cover the NBA finals again, which they have done for the past several years.
They show the NBA finals on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. thats what i noticed.

Now, what is the problem with that? The Philippines and other Asian countries are not able to watch it live (at least not during weekends when you are at home). Unlike when NBC covered it they have a Friday game which allowed us to watch it on Saturday morning in our homes.

Can we write ABC to at least have a Friday game instead of Thursday, though i know this may be near impossible (suntok sa buwan ika nga). Pero, can we try. Para naman we can watch it live AT HOME not at work. :( :(
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:59 AM »
Ill be rooting for the Celts to win.    Para kung sakali makalusot ang LA sa West, it will be a match-up to watch.   The dream goes on.   And if it came true....more viewing parties!!!!  ;D ;D

Yeah, im also looking forward to a CELTICS - LAKERS dream finals!

i think Lakers will it against the Celtics if that happens.
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:14 AM »
ABC is going to cover the NBA finals again, which they have done for the past several years.
They show the NBA finals on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. thats what i noticed.

Now, what is the problem with that? The Philippines and other Asian countries are not able to watch it live (at least not during weekends when you are at home). Unlike when NBC covered it they have a Friday game which allowed us to watch it on Saturday morning in our homes.

Can we write ABC to at least have a Friday game instead of Thursday, though i know this may be near impossible (suntok sa buwan ika nga). Pero, can we try. Para naman we can watch it live AT HOME not at work. :( :(
Puck!!!  Huwag naman sana. 

Meron na tie-up ang ABC with ESPN on their coverage.   ESPNSTAR has already expanded its airtime during the play-offs.  Meron na sya mid week coverage, during wednesdays here (tuesdays in US).   This is aside from the usual, Friday (star) and Saturday (espn) airtime alloted for NBA.   C/S also sometimes do simulcast with the espn.

Last year ba, paano yung airtime?  I didnt care to watch kasi last year's Finals.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:41 AM »
I think cs/rpn 9 will air it live naman everytime na may game, yun lang tagalog commentator baka hindi nyo feel kasi ako badtrip din kapag tagalog,  problem is when it's played in LA sometimes madaling araw sa'tin. Usually Sunday afternoon sa kanila Monday ng madaling araw sa'tin. Luckily for me I'm hooked-up with Cablelink here in Pque and they show it live everyday in NBA League Pass.

About the Cav-Celt game a while ago, I really hate it when Cavs just watch Lebron do his move at nagiging predictable yung game nila. That is why they can't win the crown with a team like that. It reminds me of LA last year when Kobe averages 30 shots per game (I guess) because nobody wants to shoot the ball except him and I guess he doesn't also trust his teammates as well.  ;D

Boston-SA or Boston-LA. I hope Spurs win the game tomorrow. Go Spurs!  ;D

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM »

in the previous NBA finals. the game is always PRIMETIME... its either at 730am if Monday... and 9AM when weekdays. thats what i recall.

so there's no games to watch LIVE when we are at home on Saturday and Sunday.

Last year and the years when ABC handled the Finals, ganun ang Sked: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday (US Time).

lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM »
As I remember it last year, the finals was televised live from a local channel as well as BTV.  So this year most probably ganun pa rin.  This time C/S will air it live.  The "problem" is that the finals aired on the local channel had filipino broadcasters.  BTV aired the US broadcast.  I assume the same set up will still be applied.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM »
As I remember it last year, the finals was televised live from a local channel as well as BTV.  So this year most probably ganun pa rin.  This time C/S will air it live.  The "problem" is that the finals aired on the local channel had filipino broadcasters.  BTV aired the US broadcast.  I assume the same set up will still be applied.

chino trinidad and quinito henson??  >:(

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM »
chino trinidad and quinito henson??  >:(

most probably... ;( ... thats why its better watching it from the japanese channel (Ch.51 for cablelink subscribers)
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2008 at 01:32 PM »
I'm betting the NBA "makes it possible" for an LA-Boston Finals. David Stern is wetting his pants right now thinking of the ratings and moolah that a Celtics-LAkers retro match-up will generate.  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
I'm betting the NBA "makes it possible" for an LA-Boston Finals. David Stern is wetting his pants right now thinking of the ratings and moolah that a Celtics-LAkers retro match-up will generate.  ;D

No doubt about it after last year's all time ratings low finals.  But to Boston & LA's credit, they can get their even w/o Stern's "help".

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: May 19, 2008 at 01:40 PM »
So it will be Spurs 5 versus Hornets 8 tomorrow.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2008 at 01:46 PM »
I hope the Spurs win tomorrow, because that should make this year's Final Four a classic: Detroit and San Antonio - the two dominant teams so far this decade - matching up against Boston and the LA Lakers - the most dominant franchises in the NBA ever.  

(AP) - A look at the matchup between the Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals, which begin Tuesday night (with regular-season record, playoff series marks in parentheses):

No. 1 BOSTON CELTICS (66-16, 8-6) vs. No. 3 DETROIT PISTONS (59-23, 8-3)

Season Series: Celtics, 2-1. The Pistons handed the Celtics their first home loss when Chauncey Billups made two free throws with 0.1 seconds left for an 87-85 victory on Dec. 19. Boston won the last two meetings, holding Detroit to 81.5 points per game. The Pistons shot just 38.6 percent in the three games. Kevin Garnett averaged 24 points for Boston, while Billups went for 22.7 per game but made only 16 of 41 shots (39 percent).

Storyline: The teams with the top records in the NBA meet in the Eastern Conference finals matchup that most everyone expected. Detroit had little trouble getting here for the sixth straight year, but Boston was pushed to seven games in each of the first two rounds, winning all its home games while going 0-6 on the road.

Key Matchup I: Paul Pierce vs. Tayshaun Prince. Pierce scored 41 points in the Celtics’ Game 7 victory over Cleveland, but he was inconsistent in the series, struggling through 2-for-14, 6-for-17 and 5-for-15 performances. Now he gets a superb postseason defender in Prince, who shut down Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala in the first round and contained Orlando’s Hedo Turkoglu in key spots in the last series. And he’s played very well offensively in the postseason, averaging 16 points on 56 percent shooting. Pierce was held to 15 points on 37 percent shooting against Detroit in the regular season.

Key Matchup II: Richard Hamilton vs. Ray Allen. They’re regarded as the two best players from UConn, but there’s no debating which one has been better in this postseason. Hamilton is averaging 21.5 points, leading Detroit in scoring and boosting that to 31.5 per game in the last two games against Orlando, when the Pistons were without Billups. Allen was horrible against the Cavaliers, managing just 9.3 points and making less than one-third of his shots. One of the best outside shooters in league history, he didn’t hit a 3-pointer in either of the last two games.

X-Factor: Backing up their points. Pistons rookie Rodney Stuckey showed he can run the team when Billups missed nearly three games with an injured hamstring in the last round, but Boston’s backup to second-year point guard Rajon Rondo looks more unsettled. Sam Cassell, signed late in the year for playoff experience, hasn’t made a shot since Game 2 and fell out of the rotation. If Rondo struggles, it may be Eddie House who inherits his minutes.

Prediction: Pistons in 6.
-> I SAY BOSTON IN 7.  :)

Sana nga Boston-LA sa Finals!  I'm sure the Celtics and Lakers of old will be showing up in full force (like Greg Kite and A.C. Green he he).  And I hope they wear retro unis during the series - kaso hanggang ngayon, retro pa rin pala ang Boston most of the time.  :P 

The only problem for the few who will be stuck with watching the Finals on C/S Sports (like me) - more inane commentary from Chino Trinidad and/or Andy Jao.  >:(  Pwede pa si Vito Lazatin & Quinito Henson.

We deserve better.