Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67692 times)

Offline jiggs84

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2008 at 02:18 PM »
Sana nga Boston-LA sa Finals!  I'm sure the Celtics and Lakers of old will be showing up in full force (like Greg Kite and A.C. Green he he).  And I hope they wear retro unis during the series - kaso hanggang ngayon, retro pa rin pala ang Boston most of the time.  :P 

yeah, im thinking of RETRO shorts for the finals. kahit na 1-half of the game lang like what Lakers did towards the latter part of this season...

a Lakers-Celtics finals would be great for the NBA... Lakers in 7 if that happens
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2008 at 03:52 PM »
In the 80's, the Celtics and the Lakers were the toast of the NBA.  The last time they met in the Finals, Michael Jackson was still the King of Pop.

While this man
helped the Lakers win 3 of the four NBA titles they added since,

the Celts were stuck in constant mediocrity

And when former Celts McHale and Ainge facilitated the resurgence of Boston this year by forming the Big 3

Their rival, the Lakers countered and were not to be outdone.............

And now, with the Lakers and the Celtics both in NBA's Final Four:

the 80's fever is rising up!!!!

And with Jackson
threatening to fill all his fingers with rings, an old guard of Boston might just roll over his grave, and smoke that cigar once again.......

I know that Im not alone praying for this match-up

I have big help........

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 at 04:47 PM by Munskie »

Offline jiggs84

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2008 at 03:59 PM »
nice one sir munskie.
bring on the Celtics-Lakers finals.
ganda niyan!
i hope they have 1 game scheduled on the June9 holiday already!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 at 03:59 PM by jiggs84 »
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #423 on: May 19, 2008 at 04:56 PM »
basta LAKERS sa finals...kahit Detroit pa yan :)
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2008 at 05:09 PM »
nice one sir munskie.
bring on the Celtics-Lakers finals.
ganda niyan!
i hope they have 1 game scheduled on the June9 holiday already!

According to this Wikipedia entry, Game 1 of the NBA Finals will start on June 5 (Thu) in the US.  But Game 2 will be on June 8 - so perfect for our June 9 holiday.  Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday nga ang sked ng ABC sa US - puro weekday sa atin.  :-[ 

This thread has really got me psyched for a Celtics-Lakers finals!  Parang Toyota-Crispa!  Lots of NBA fans (except those in the late teens or early 20's) will be very disappointed if it's not going to happen.  Pero sige na nga, pwede na rin ang Lakers-Pistons.  :)
We deserve better.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2008 at 05:45 PM »
i'm a laker fan, and would love a lakers-boston final. even lakers-detroit would be nice, an opportunity for payback for 2004.

if you were david stern, however, wouldn't you have nightmares of a spurs-detroit finale? can you say low ratings?  ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2008 at 05:50 PM »
Old rivalry in the making. Everyone's praying for a CELTICS vs LAKERS NBA FINALS. This will be great for the league specially for advertisements and endorsers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2008 at 06:16 PM »
i'm a laker fan, and would love a lakers-boston final. even lakers-detroit would be nice, an opportunity for payback for 2004.

if you were david stern, however, wouldn't you have nightmares of a spurs-detroit finale? can you say low ratings?  ;D

Even scribes sa ESPN are predicting low TV ratings if this is another Detroit-Spurs finlas. No disrespect to the 2 great teams but they lack the "showtime" that Boston, Lakers and Cavs (let's throw in NO because of CP3) that captures more viewers.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2008 at 08:47 PM »
That is what I like about the Spurs, many don't like them but they don't mind it for them it's all about winning. Who cares about low or high ratings sila David Stern lang naman makikinabang dun. Kaya nga nila ginawang 7 games ang first round para umpisa pa lang ng play-offs kumikita na sila. ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:01 PM »
That is what I like about the Spurs, many don't like them but they don't mind it for them it's all about winning. Who cares about low or high ratings sila David Stern lang naman makikinabang dun. Kaya nga nila ginawang 7 games ang first round para umpisa pa lang ng play-offs kumikita na sila. ;D
The Spurs is definitely one of the elite teams in the NBA. They're always there and if any of the western teams would like to go to the NBA finals must first get pass them just like the PISTONS in the east.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #430 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:03 PM »
Yup ganun nga ang Spurs.  They do whatever it takes to win the title.  Kahit intentionally manakit ng player sa kabila.  Lalo na si Bowen.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:14 PM »
Love them or hate them they are still the champs until someone beat them. Unfortunately , because of Bowen and Horry Spurs are being tagged as a dirty team when in fact those are just role players that surround Duncan who is really the major reason why they won 4 titles.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:22 PM »
Yup ganun nga ang Spurs.  They do whatever it takes to win the title.  Kahit intentionally manakit ng player sa kabila.  Lalo na si Bowen.

A plethora of youtube videos, on how dirty Bruce Bowen is.   He's a master at sticking his leg out right when a player is about to descend from jumping.

I was a player then, and that is a big no no in basketball.   Its one of those unwritten rules in Basketball.   This is a sample when you have crossed the line from being rough and physical to being dirty.   

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KubRIzcLIA4&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiMpWIlk8GE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGQMubkHKPE

Even if you are a Spurs fan, it will be very hard to deny this stuff.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 at 09:34 PM by Munskie »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:25 PM »
Love them or hate them they are still the champs until someone beat them. Unfortunately , because of Bowen and Horry Spurs are being tagged as a dirty team when in fact those are just role players that surround Duncan who is really the major reason why they won 4 titles.
Sir may i add Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili together w/ Tim Duncan are the main reasons why the Spurs are hard to beat. I would also like to give some credits to Coach Greg Popovich for transforming the Spurs to what they are now, a tough team to beat.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: May 19, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
Well nobody is denying the fact that sometimes he (Bowen) plays dirty but that is not the reason why they win championships. He is one of the toughest defenders there is right now in the NBA and that is what Spurs wants from him and not because those dirty stuff. Did someone tell Bulls that they won 3 titles because of Rodman's dirty tactics?  ;D No, because you know who really is the reason behind Bulls' 3-peat.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:19 PM »
Well nobody is denying the fact that sometimes he (Bowen) plays dirty but that is not the reason why they win championships. He is one of the toughest defenders there is right now in the NBA and that is what Spurs wants from him and not because those dirty stuff. Did someone tell Bulls that they won 3 titles because of Rodman's dirty tactics?  ;D No, because you know who really is the reason behind Bulls' 3-peat.

The league knows that the players know that the referees know that even the spectators know that but still Bruce Bowen is still allowed to play in the league and he hasnt been thrown out of the games for quite a long time. not even suspended nor fined for quite a while. Bruce Bowen is a significant figure in the Spurs line up becoz of he's intensity and aggressiveness. His talent is nothing compared to Kobe Bryant but he plays w/ a lot of heart. Truly he may be considered a dirty player it is his job to stop the opponent's most lethal weapon. For a coach, you'll love to have a player like him to do all the dirty jobs for you.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:20 PM »
Don't get me wrong.  Duncan, Ginobli & Parker are the main reasons why the Spurs are multiple champs.  What I am saying is it also a major factor and it "helps" their cause to deliberately hurt the other teams' best player.  Like I said, the Spurs do whatever it takes to win.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM »
The league knows that the players know that the referees know that even the spectators know that but still Bruce Bowen is still allowed to play in the league and he hasnt been thrown out of the games for quite a long time. not even suspended nor fined for quite a while. Bruce Bowen is a significant figure in the Spurs line up becoz of he's intensity and aggressiveness. His talent is nothing compared to Kobe Bryant but he plays w/ a lot of heart. Truly he may be considered a dirty player it is his job to stop the opponent's most lethal weapon. For a coach, you'll love to have a player like him to do all the dirty jobs for you.

Actually what you posted is incorrect.  Bowen was suspended by the league just last March 2008 for deliberately kicking Chris Paul while he was down on the floor.  This also reflects on a coach who encourages such actions.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:34 PM »
  Like I said, the Spurs do whatever it takes to win.
The Championship is at stake definitely any team should and must do whatever it takes to win. Intimidate their opponents, setting statements and enduring pain. The bottom line is w/c team wants it more? Play hard or go home.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:36 PM »
Actually what you posted is incorrect.  Bowen was suspended by the league just last March 2008 for deliberately kicking Chris Paul while he was down on the floor.  This also reflects on a coach who encourages such actions.
I stand corrected.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM »
The only thing that the Spurs can't seem to do is repeat as champs.  ;D

Oh, and Bruce Bowen is a thug. He might play good defense, but he's a dirty player overall. I was really hoping someone from the Hornets would give him a taste of his defense, especially with what Bowen did to CP3.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:44 PM »
Oh, and Bruce Bowen is a thug. He might play good defense, but he's a dirty player overall.

Which is the reason why sportswriters' say he hasn't won the defensive player of the year award despite landing on the 1st team all defense several times.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM »
Oh, and Bruce Bowen is a thug. He might play good defense, but he's a dirty player overall.

That's the main reason why he pratically didn't play as a member of the USA Basketball World Championship Team. Nobody really likes the guy except for Coach Pop. There was even an article about his experience with USA Basketball a while back which mentioned that it was just a wasted opportunity for him in the roster. Hehe

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: May 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM »
That's the main reason why he pratically didn't play as a member of the USA Basketball World Championship Team. Nobody really likes the guy except for Coach Pop. There was even an article about his experience with USA Basketball a while back which mentioned that it was just a wasted opportunity for him in the roster. Hehe
Its always good to have an enforcer in the US team coz you'll never know how physical international competition is nowadays and players of other nations arent afraid of NBA players anymore they love to challenge them and play physical w/ them just to get the goat out of these celebrated NBA players.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: May 19, 2008 at 11:21 PM »
Its always good to have an enforcer in the US team coz you'll never know how physical international competition is nowadays and players of other nations arent afraid of NBA players anymore they love to challenge them and play physical w/ them just to get the goat out of these celebrated NBA players.

True but sayang lang talaga yung roster spot in Bowen. I think he didn't even score a field goal the entire tournament. Bit OT but a consistent outside shooter would have been better in his place.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: May 20, 2008 at 01:02 AM »
The Championship is at stake definitely any team should and must do whatever it takes to win. Intimidate their opponents, setting statements and enduring pain. The bottom line is w/c team wants it more? Play hard or go home.

One word.  Machiavelli.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: May 20, 2008 at 06:29 AM »
True but sayang lang talaga yung roster spot in Bowen. I think he didn't even score a field goal the entire tournament. Bit OT but a consistent outside shooter would have been better in his place.
[/quote]
You can tell that to Coach K and his staff. Its hard dealing w/ celebrated NBA players, Bowen wont mind being benched coz he's only a role player. Since Tayshaun Prince plays the lead role defender is doin fine, there's no need for Mr Bowen to come in conquer at that time. We'll see whats the final composition of the USA team after the NBA finals. Should Mr Bowen still be included then perhaps Coach K has his reasons.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 at 06:37 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #447 on: May 20, 2008 at 09:00 AM »
bro anung chanel kaya live game7 spurs & NO?
thanks
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: May 20, 2008 at 09:16 AM »
bro anung chanel kaya live game7 spurs & NO?
thanks
BTV bro

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #449 on: May 20, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
thanks bro,sayang wala kami BTV.
limited lang kasi dito samin espn,solar,star sports lang
ben sports wala pang signal
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!