Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67704 times)

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!
« Reply #810 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
Nice Game! pinasarap pa ng 4th quarter! nice way to spend your holiday  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #811 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
Great defense by Pierce, the Finals MVP, if ever Celtics win it all

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #812 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:03 PM »
2 wins na lang at may ring na yung big three ng Celtics. Yah! I think Pierce would win the Finals MVP if they become champs.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:04 PM »
...but he is contented with his jumpshots...why not drive to the hoop and get some fouls
I agree, but we're not seeing what he's seeing on the floor. Baka wala talaga driving lane.
I think he's taking slightly contested shots compred to driving against 2-3 defenders and 1 on them is KG.
Plus the refs are not calling the fouls so you'd like more space to take your shot rather than hands holding you down but no calls coming.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:05 PM by jeyps11_c »
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #814 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:08 PM »
Congrats to Boston.  Nice end-game rally there by LA - something they can build on when they return to the Staples Center, where I hope they can be more aggressive offensively.  Phil Jackson and the coaching staff have their work cut out for them.  Lots of adjustments needed here, especially on the defensive end and in rebounding.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:09 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:11 PM »
I agree, but we're not seeing what he's seeing on the floor. Baka wala talaga driving lane.
I think he's taking slightly contested shots compred to driving against 2-3 defenders and 1 on them is KG.
Plus the refs are not calling the fouls so you'd like more space to take your shot rather than hands holding you down but no calls coming.

Maybe. Anyway, sana hindi naman sweep. I am hoping that Lakers will win all their games at home kasi mahina sa road ang Celts sa playoffs para naman maganda yung series.  ;D

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #816 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:12 PM »
kobe WILL never be jordan.

kala ko ba babawi lakers game 2?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #817 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:22 PM »
coming back from that lead was big for LA.. it would have been more difficult going into game 3 down 0-2 and getting blown out in game 2..

no one will ever be Jordan the same way no one else will ever be Kobe..
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:23 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:23 PM »
jeyps, i never said kobe compared himself. i'm talking about those who do it for him. PS: i also think kobe is currenty the nba's most skilled player.

why would I want MJ to be this years MVP? no need to be sarcastic here.

sure they beat the spurs.... but they had to get gasol midway to get there. chris paul was doing it the whole year. marketing aside, chris paul should have won. remember the mvp award is given out for the 82 games and with little consideration to the playoffs.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:33 PM by ctlim »

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #819 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:28 PM »
I think the Lakers could steal some Home advantage on the next games, I'm not impressed on the Heart of the Celtics on the road, though I want them to be the 2008 Champs  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #820 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:29 PM »
Traveling yung steal-fastbreak ni Ramdanovic  ;D buti na lang hindi tinawagan.
I was hoping The Truth will miss 1 of 2 to make it a 1 posession game and no need for a 3.

Traveling nga yun.  Nag no call na lang yun ref.

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:41 PM »
ct - my bad on the sarcasm ;D either way, Paul or Kobe this year was a fair decision. Both played great. You also have to take into consideration that this is the 1st time Paul has played with all of his teammates without any injuries. My take on the Gasol trade...if he was sent to Miami would he have made a big difference -- I don't think so, he wouldn't have been able to carry that team to the Finals. We can say that Kobe and the Lakers were even better with Gasol.

Ash - even if the Lakers win games 3 through 5 they won't have homecourt advantage. They had to win one one out of the first 2 games -- we all know what happened there. Dahil sa 2-3-2 format games 6 and 7 will be in Boston.

bored - agree, if you are Phil Jackson you hvae to be happy with the intensity you saw in the last 6 minutes of the game. If only they can play like that for the entire 48 minutes.

Also, I think there were some lapses during that great run by LA. There were easy baskets made by Allen and Pierce plus there were rebounds that they should have come up with. The 2nd chance points the Cs got from those rebounds might have been the difference (in the final score) of this game. I still think Boston got a very huge lift from their FTA -- I think it ended with 28 to 8 (correct me if I am wrong).
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
Re: it's NBA play-offs time!
« Reply #822 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:48 PM »
Celtics vs Lakers sa finals..
Celtics emerging as champs.. ;D

Mukhang magkakatotoo na to.. ;D
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:48 PM »
i think boston really improved defensively throughout the playoffs... maybe also due to the detroit matchup. and the lakers are looking for "great offense to beat great defense." problem is, boston has three premier offensive players. lakers have to step up the defense and pound it inside... something detroit wasnt able to do as rasheed wanted to shoot 3's.

lakers should slow down the game and use post ups with kobe and gasol and put boston into the penalty early to disrupt their rythm.

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:50 PM by ctlim »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:49 PM »
2-0 siyet hole na. 

Again, better game by the Celts, no doubt about it.    Powe was the difference maker.

Radmanovic meanwhile was the difference maker for the Lakers, in a negative kind of way.   

The Lakers got the worst end of the calls, but I understand it, the home team usually get the breaks.

About Kobe settling for jumpshots, again he has to take what the defense gives him.    The Celtic defense is very good in collapsing and in rotating in covering open men.  They even limited  Lebron for a 2-18 shooting in a game in the conference semis.   Easy lang kasi natin sabihin, but it is really tough out there.   

About the numerous Kobe debates,

Its this simple:   

If a fan hate or dislikes Kobe,  whatever he brings to the game, or whatever accolades he got, it will always be doubted. 

Its like asking some guy why he voted for FPJ, and the guy says  "idol nya si FPJ".      Thats its.   End of argument.  How can you argue with that?

In Kobe, its either you like him or hate him.   

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 01:08 PM by Munskie »

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
Go Celtics!!  :D
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 01:52 PM »
Well said Munskie.

I agree with Radmanovic playing a big role in that Lakers 3rd quarter collapse.
He took 2 ill-advised jumpers after making a 3 which started the big rally.
You'll see Kobe tapped him (almost slapped him) on the bench during a time out.

Fisher is still missing in these year's finals. No good offensive game so far and he's being eaten by Rondo (rebounds and setting everything for the Celtics).

Overall, I am still very positive of the Lakers (in this series and the next few to come). If they eventually lose this series it'll be a great experience for them. They have enough young players and a very good core (Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Bynum) to contend for the new couple of seasons. Game 3 is a must win for the Lakers or they can kiss this series goodbye.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 02:10 PM »
hahahaha... how is Kobe similar to Michael Jordan again???

Kobe is only a copy cat. This years finals just proves how TINY he is compared to Jordan. And to think they let him win the MVP.

Ah, the Kobe-is-no-MJ debate still rages. I'd like to think fans have become intelligent nowadays and get past that ridiculous notion that someine is the next someone; but I think marami pa rin nakasuot ng blinders. Kobe is Kobe and MJ is MJ. Period.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 03:43 PM »
hear, hear. enough of mj comparisons and let's focus on 2008!

speaking of focus, what happened to the focus of my team  :(
their inside game has disappeared. they went to gasol early, with good results, but went away from that and let the celts dictate their offense (outside jumpers). the disparity in free throws is quite instructive.

these are not the lakers of the past rounds and they need to wake up. kobe needs to read the d better, or better yet, make them react to him instead of the other way around.

but take nothing away from the celts, they have become better with each round.

actually, LA did attempted more shots in the paint than the Celts....

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the paint
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the paint
10 free throws

Breaks of the game lang talaga on why there wasnt more calls coming their way. 

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #829 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 03:47 PM »
expect a laker win in game 3.  that's a given and 4 at the very least...

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #830 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 04:14 PM »
What can I say? There goes my 4-1 forecast for the Lakers. The Celtics played like there's no tomorrow, which is probably the case. And just like Jimmy McGinty said, that makes them vey dangerous people. They are everywhere. Makes you feel there's 7 Celtics playing. And 38 free throws vs Lakers' 10!

I hope the Lakers win at home. I wanna see the Laker team that beat the Spurs. And yes, a game 7 would be nice.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2008 at 04:14 PM by bumblebee »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #831 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 05:20 PM »
defense always wins championships!  and boston by far is the superior defensive team.

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 07:31 PM »
Another thing, no one in Lakers roster can stop Pierce. He is another reason why Celts won its first 2 games in Boston.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 07:38 PM »
Another thing, no one in Lakers roster can stop Pierce. He is another reason why Celts won its first 2 games in Boston.

Sinabi mo pa bro.    Radma?  No way.   Walton?  No way rin.  Ariza....pwede, but too much out of sync pa sa game.   Kobe?   Na ooverpower sya. 

The Knee??   What Knee??  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 09:21 PM »
The thing that scares me the most is that in this playoffs, the LAkers haven't found themselves trailing any team. Sure, they got beat back-to-back, but they had the luxury of a 2-0 advantage when they got beat two straight at Utah. I hope they can adjust and beat the Celtics at home.

IMHO, it's Ray Allen that's killing the LAkers. They can live with Pierce and Garnett scoring, but once they get Allen involved, it's a tricky, tricky situation coz he opens everything up. It's very difficult to guard him coz he's just so fast, especially in releasing the ball.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 09:33 PM »
Ive noticed that Allen is moving like Hamilton or Miller off the ball, getting free from screens, and make it double screens provided by Celtic big men at that.    Thats why he is getting good looks.   Poor job by Laker big men in rotating to cover Allen. 

The thing that scares me the most is that in this playoffs, the LAkers haven't found themselves trailing any team. Sure, they got beat back-to-back, but they had the luxury of a 2-0 advantage when they got beat two straight at Utah. I hope they can adjust and beat the Celtics at home.

This is the adversity of adversities for them.   I hope it gets better.   Thats the worst Ive seen them play D.  Talo rin talaga sa breaks.  Just like the long rebounds off Garnett's jumpers that fell on Celtic hands.  3-4 times ata nangyari yun.

I think PhilJax has to speed up their offensive tempo.  Talo talaga sa halfcourt set coz the Celtic D is really good.     

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 09:46 PM »
Ive noticed that Allen is moving like Hamilton or Miller off the ball, getting free from screens, and make it double screens provided by Celtic big men at that.    Thats why he is getting good looks.   Poor job by Laker big men in rotating to cover Allen. 

this really pisses me off.. ang bagal ng rotation sa shooters.. kanina, when kobe got called for his 3rd foul when he pushed off on Pierce habang hinahabol si Allen.. that could have been avoided had the one guarding Pierce covered Allen instead of waiting for Kobe to get out of the screen..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 09:55 PM »
this really pisses me off..

Hehe, thats why my mindset going to this postseason is that bonus na lang kung Champs ang Lakers.   Para di na ako mainis.   

Going back, wala man lang sa top ten sa pre-season ranking ang Lakers.  So kahit na anong mangyari, for me, the season is already a success. 

But I know, andyan narin sila, and we never know what might happen in the future.   So until the Celts win 4 games, theres always hope. 

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #838 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 09:02 AM »
Game time.  It's do-or-die for the Lakers.  Good luck!

Hope Chi-Qui-to will not interview some clown like Lucky the Leprechaun this time.  Also read somewhere that David Cook will sing the national anthem at Staples. :)
We deserve better.

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 09:38 AM »
Game time.  It's do-or-die for the Lakers.  Good luck!

Agree...if they don't get this game they can forget about their championship hopes.
I don't think any team in the NBA has ever climbed out of an 0-3 hole. Boston did it once -- in the MLB.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV