Author Topic: This sucks!  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
This sucks!
« on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
Due to space restrictions of my small bedroom, i was forced to put all my front speakers together (L,C,R)....literally side by side.  My fronts lie on its side and in between the 2 fronts is my center speaker.  Therefore I am not getting the ideal soundstage.  I feel like I have a soundbar under my plasma.  All suggestions are welcome.  Take note, I do not have the luxury of putting the MA's on a stand.  My wife has her electric fan beside the rack.

Take a look.  :o

hehehe...this sucks.

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This sucks!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:05 PM »
Maybe wall mount your plasma & then place the speakers on the top layer of the table?

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:12 PM »
Maybe wall mount your plasma & then place the speakers on the top layer of the table?

Cant wallmount bro, there's half a wall window behind the plasma.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:14 PM »
Hey MatZ, do you see the BADA line conditioner I bought in support of you? naks!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:22 PM »
LOL, thanks.

Maybe this space saving rack can help:

next arrival will have wheels.

You can place the speakers on the sides!
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:25 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 12:29 PM »
LOL, thanks.

Maybe this space saving rack can help:

next arrival will have wheels.

You can place the speakers on the sides!

Great idea pero sayang Bello rack ko.  What's the disadvantage ba of my set up? sound stage lang naman diba?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 01:08 PM »
chief, lakihan mo kaya pic so we can see more around the rack to give suggestions. ;)

But then again, from what you described - medyo mahirap-hirap nga. Ceiling mounted vertical post kaya? Nahh, too drastic ;D

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 01:31 PM »
chief, lakihan mo kaya pic so we can see more around the rack to give suggestions. ;)

But then again, from what you described - medyo mahirap-hirap nga. Ceiling mounted vertical post kaya? Nahh, too drastic ;D

Thanks Mac.  IL try to post other pics when I find the time.  Based on my description, yun na yun. For the meantime, ganito talaga muna set up.  I just want to know the disadvantages.  Soundstage lang naman diba?

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 01:59 PM »
As Sir MAtz suggestions wall mount yong plasma and front speakers. Center sa top shelf of the rack.... but again wider view of the picture will give better idea of the situation.  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 02:25 PM »
I am sure that the established speaker placement has its wisdom. Unless your speakers are custom made like those atlantic tech 3 fronts-in-1 speakers or the HSU Ventriloquist, you might be missing a lot from your HT.

You already spent a lot on your setup, dont let an electric fan hamper your fun! Move the fan! Move everything else (except your seat) for the sake of the HT!!!

I was able to fit 9.2 speakers, 3 amps, a 90" PJ screen into my 12sqm HT room, I think anyone can too!!! hehehe  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 02:38 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 03:17 PM »
why dont you mount the BS speakers beside the flat panels on the wall?

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 05:29 PM »
I am sure that the established speaker placement has its wisdom. Unless your speakers are custom made like those atlantic tech 3 fronts-in-1 speakers or the HSU Ventriloquist, you might be missing a lot from your HT.

You already spent a lot on your setup, dont let an electric fan hamper your fun! Move the fan! Move everything else (except your seat) for the sake of the HT!!!

I was able to fit 9.2 speakers, 3 amps, a 90" PJ screen into my 12sqm HT room, I think anyone can too!!! hehehe  ;)

You are right....absolutely correct.  Where can I buy good quality speaker stands kahit branded or medyo mahal.  IL throw my wife's Honeywell fan outside the window.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 06:12 PM »
You are right....absolutely correct.  Where can I buy good quality speaker stands kahit branded or medyo mahal.  IL throw my wife's Honeywell fan outside the window.

Show em who is boss!!!

Do the LAUNDRY!!!  ;D

Para pumayag i-move yung fan!

Call SGT HT 8138443. They have quality speaker stands & they deliver. Try the affordable Sabre Sentinel 4 pillar wood stand (wood is already inert, no vibrations).

Where did you buy your MA's? They might have speaker stands there.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 06:21 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 09:50 PM »
I saw some "perfect view" speaker stands in Alabang Home Depot last night. They were offering both 24" and 28" stands at around 2.4k per pair. Not bad for an all metal stand ;)

Ayy, how clumsy of me - "sabre" stands pala maganda & cheaper to boot ;D Diba sir Matt :D ;D

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 10:57 PM »
Show em who is boss!!!

Do the LAUNDRY!!!  ;D

Para pumayag i-move yung fan!

Call SGT HT 8138443. They have quality speaker stands & they deliver. Try the affordable Sabre Sentinel 4 pillar wood stand (wood is already inert, no vibrations).

Where did you buy your MA's? They might have speaker stands there.

Matz, got both the Denon and MA's from SGT.  Already called up Butch and will swing by their shop tomorrow.  No more fan.  AKO ANG BATAS!!! 8)

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 10:58 PM »
I saw some "perfect view" speaker stands in Alabang Home Depot last night. They were offering both 24" and 28" stands at around 2.4k per pair. Not bad for an all metal stand ;)

Ayy, how clumsy of me - "sabre" stands pala maganda & cheaper to boot ;D Diba sir Matt :D ;D

Pati ba Sabre kay Mat?  Lupet ah!

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 11:00 PM »
why dont you mount the BS speakers beside the flat panels on the wall?

Good idea CTLIM!  But how do I mount the speakers on the wall?  U mean a wooden ledge of some sort?  Glass?  How to install?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 07:13 AM »
Good idea CTLIM!  But how do I mount the speakers on the wall?  U mean a wooden ledge of some sort?  Glass?  How to install?

I could think of 2 ways -

1. Perfect View have various speaker wall brackets - you can check them out at Ace hardware.
2. Buy "L" brackets - the ones they use for mounting wall shelves. You would be building a small shelf for each speaker.

The downside is - if you decide to relocate your speakers or adjust the height later on in the future - may mga butas ang wall mo :P

I'd suggest - make way nalang & use stands. Relocate your fan or install a wall mounted fan instead. Worse case, replace your Bello with a slimmer design so you can get a bit more space on both sides.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 08:24 AM »
I could think of 2 ways -

1. Perfect View have various speaker wall brackets - you can check them out at Ace hardware.
2. Buy "L" brackets - the ones they use for mounting wall shelves. You would be building a small shelf for each speaker.

The downside is - if you decide to relocate your speakers or adjust the height later on in the future - may mga butas ang wall mo :P

I'd suggest - make way nalang & use stands. Relocate your fan or install a wall mounted fan instead. Worse case, replace your Bello with a slimmer design so you can get a bit more space on both sides.

The wall shelves seems promising kasi space saver sya at the same time.  However, right below the space for the left speaker are 2 electrical outlets.  There is a big chance the wires run through it so drilling is a no no.   Puwede din siguro "L" brackets pero adhesive gamitin ko.  Then again, a good pair of speaker stands are best siguro.  IL go to SGT to check out some Sabre stands.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 09:16 AM »
If wall mounting is one of your considerations - do ask an electrician to check the outlets. Upon removal of the outlet, you'll probably see where the electrical wires are routed from. Kung sa itaas, then the wires are routed above, if below, then galing sa floor, kung sa sides - then horizontal ang lay-out nyan. Yes, not 100% sure - but still consult your electrician. Kung sabihin nya clear naman - then atleast you have that option kung gusto mo magbutas sa wall or not.

But your best bet is probably just relocating some stuff around the room & opting for speaker stands nalang cguro - its safer & no boring of holes in your wall pa.

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 09:45 AM »
sad to say that adhesives will not work due to the weight of the speaker. baka ma disgrasya lang yan.

it would depend on where the electrical sockets are, if the wall is made of wood or fiber cement (then baka tamaan sa drill) if your wall is made
of solid concrete, then you are good because that gives you at least 2 inches of depth to drill before you hit anything.

perfect view pwede ka bumili. although the best option would still be to get stands... assuming that your wife approves.. heheheh  good luck!

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 12:26 PM »

I used to have a pair of "Perfect View" speaker stands, what a waste of money, it is too flimsy.  :(

I will go with "Sabres", they are built much better.

HTH.  ;D
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 12:27 PM »
sad to say that adhesives will not work due to the weight of the speaker. baka ma disgrasya lang yan.

it would depend on where the electrical sockets are, if the wall is made of wood or fiber cement (then baka tamaan sa drill) if your wall is made
of solid concrete, then you are good because that gives you at least 2 inches of depth to drill before you hit anything.

perfect view pwede ka bumili. although the best option would still be to get stands... assuming that your wife approves.. heheheh  good luck!

Made up my mind.  IL be getting the Sabre stands from SGT later.  Spoke to Butch already.  Tnx everyone.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 10:08 PM »
Already got the Sabre Sentinel.  Beautiful product.  I sure notice the difference with the wide sound stage.  Thanks Butch!

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 11:48 PM »
No more fan.  AKO ANG BATAS!!! 8)

Dito ako natuwa :D :D :D
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 12:17 AM »
Dito ako natuwa :D :D :D

Trackers, actually the fan is still there.  I removed a table on the other side of the wall of accommodate the speaker stands.  Pero satin satin lang. ;D  Ako batas kung wala si misis. 8)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 10:48 AM »
Pictures naman diyan...   8) 8) 8)

Maganda yang Sabre.  Nakabili na rin ako ng 2 pairs, front and rear.  Makinis ang yari; high quality, low price. 

Yung Perfect View medyo magaspang ang finish.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2008 at 10:51 AM by barrister »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:29 AM »
Medyo flimsy nga yung perfect view - budgeted lang kasi sya eh.

Dami ba designs ng "sabre"? May nakita kami sa Sound Dimension na Sabre - type ko :o Wood yung base tapos may mahabang spike resting on an aluminum disc - ganda ;)

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:51 AM »
Medyo flimsy nga yung perfect view - budgeted lang kasi sya eh.

Dami ba designs ng "sabre"? May nakita kami sa Sound Dimension na Sabre - type ko :o Wood yung base tapos may mahabang spike resting on an aluminum disc - ganda ;)

Maganda yung wood quality ng Sabre kasi ang bigat sobra.  Medyo loose tread lang mga screws kasi natatanggal sa kahoy pero madali ayusin.  im happy with my new stand.

Perfect view pangit eh.  Sorry to Perfect View owners.  The racks dont look as classy but definitely serve the purpose.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008 at 08:45 AM by Lancito »

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 12:09 PM »
Maganda yung wood quality ng Sabre kasi ang bigat sobra.  Medyo loose tread lang mga screws kasi natatanggal sa kahoy pero madali ayusin.  im happy with my new stand.

Perfect view pangit eh.  Sorry to Perfect View owners.  The racks dont look classy serve the purpose.

Congrats Lance, bilis ha? :D
Iba talaga ang "BATAS" I'm sure wala si wifey :D
Jok ;)
7 Transistor AM Radio