Author Topic: LG 32" Plasma  (Read 129721 times)

Offline sleepygeepy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32" Plasma
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2008 at 08:06 PM »
I also saw the demo of the LG 32" Plasma at Theaterworks this morning, and I have to say that you can clearly see the natural looking and vivid colors of the LG compared to the other LCD TV's.  In the Blu-ray demo of Mariah Carey's performance, you can see that Mariah's skin color looks pale and whitish on the LCD TV's while on the LG Plasma it's more dark and uhh... more "natural" looking hehe!  As if she had a healthy tan on her ;D

I also noticed the red jacket on one of the Boyz II Men singers looks pale in comparison with the bright red jacket produced by the LG Plasma.  If you do get the chance to go to Theaterworks, watch their demo and note the 2 details I mentioned to get an idea :)

What's strange though is that the colors of the LG 32" Plasma somehow looked better than the Panasonic TH-50PV700 on the same demo (yikes!).  My eyes might be deceiving me, but that Panny is also a plasma, and is way way more expensive than the LG :o

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2008 at 08:24 PM »
sample sir, taken today. Above is the famous 32LG plasma, below the latest 32a450

using the same bluray source 1.3 version cable. nasa center pa ako nag 32a450 off center pa yung LG plasma. ;)
iba talaga colors ng plasma.  mas vivid.    ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2008 at 02:44 PM »
mga bro up ko lang sa owners
question: ilang watts nito mga bro?
ninjababez online ..

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2008 at 03:36 PM »
good morning mga sirs, master, cheifs, bossings... ill planning to buy a new 32 inch HDTV with full 1080p para sa bagong bahay and based sa forum dun sa pinoyPSX (ps3) dito daw ako tumingin and ask for your opinion. both S&S and theater works are good and magnificent stores based on performance, sales and most important customer service.. and i would like to humbly inquire and ask for assistance on what model or brand of HDTV will i buy this coming june? the item that im currently aiming for is the SAMSUNG 32 inch.. dont know the model kase sa SM appliance center ko sya nakita. binigay nila saken when i asked 42k add for the HDTV and add 5k para sa samsung black dvd player and samsung 5.1 home theater speakers.. when i checked the forum mahal daw un and ung friend ko dito sa office mahal din daw also di daw maganda ung samsung kase sa mga showroom daw they are using upscaler or booster type para gumanda resolution.. ok daw panasonic kaso di lang talaga ok un design ng tv... i really need your help sir. and kung kaya sana budget is 30k-35k(SUPER MAX NA TO) would highly appreciated. kase bibili pako ng split type aircon.. uhuhuhuhuhuh.. thanks in advance sirs and more power!!!

Sent you pm.

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM »
Sir Jeff,

Magkano ang LG 32" plasma? Card and installment.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 at 04:54 PM by jeyps11_c »
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008 at 04:09 PM »

up ^_^
ninjababez online ..

Offline kicx_zippinbud

• Collector
  • - De Gustibus Non Desputandum Est-
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2008 at 10:08 PM »
Sent you pm.

Hi sir. will do.. thanks a lot. dalaw ako sa shop nyo. cgro ung R8 nalang kunin ko plus ung home entertainment na plus 5k.. sir when you say home entertainment do you mean ba na kasama samsung na DVD player and 5.1 sorround sound speakers? thanks a lot. la na sir baba ng onti jan kase card gagamitin. balak ko sana 2 tv kunin ko isang LCD HD TV pang movies (DVD movies and TV shows + PS3) and un isa sana for plain gaming + additional TV shows and DVD para sa gaming room ko lang para di masira din un HDTV (kasabihan ng matatanda) kahit gaya or ala TCL ng slimfit tv na 29'.. thanks you sir for your urgent reply. GOD bless and more power!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2008 at 12:01 AM »
“Even though producing this smaller plasma TV was challenging both technologically and cost-wise, we were able to keep costs low and quality high by simplifying the manufacturing process,” said Dr. Jong Seok Park, vice president and head of PDP TV Division. “We trimmed costs further by reducing packaging to the point where we can ship two of these TVs in the same space it used to take to ship just one. We did all of this in order to provide better choice and value for consumers.”

http://www.hdtvorigin.com/hdtv/lg-32pc5rv-plasma-hdtv-introduction/

kaya pala mura eh .. ^_^
a really kewl item tv to own..
used pio DV400 .. 1080i, 720p, 480p!!!!!
no visible difference (maybe its because its a native 480p)
also tried it via VGA output via my laptop .. ganda parin !!
by the way .. ill be borrowing my officemates "muslim" dvd player tomorrow to compare the PQ via component cable .. hoping that it'll yield good results in PQ .. ^_^

@owners
anyone tried using ordinary dvd players with this one?? (480p via the component cable Yr/Pr/Pb) ??
how's the PQ?
ninjababez online ..

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008 at 01:19 AM »

i already have the answer to my question .. ^_^
thanks to live search by microsoft. ..  ^_^
ninjababez online ..

Offline brubeck

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2008 at 07:56 AM »
hin nemesis and e-reply.

kindly pm cash price for this superb unit.

thanks

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2008 at 11:20 AM »
hin nemesis and e-reply.

kindly pm cash price for this superb unit.

thanks

Sent pm.

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2008 at 04:32 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Saw this unit (32" LG Plasma) awhile ago at your shop in Tinoma and was comparing it to the LCD's beside it (32" Samsung, 32" Panasonic & 37" Panasonic), all connected to the same source and was actually sold on this unit na.  But then noticed that the details seem to be missing on the dark/black portions of the film. 

I forgot the title of the film but when we skipped to the sceen in the parking lot the edges of the roof and some portions near it could not be seen while in the LCD TV's we could still see this.  Same with other dark sceens... is this just due to the settings (i believe all were using factory settings)?  If not for this baka binili ko na sya.

Thanks,

Ohby the way, PM na rin ng prices

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2008 at 05:38 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Saw this unit (32" LG Plasma) awhile ago at your shop in Tinoma and was comparing it to the LCD's beside it (32" Samsung, 32" Panasonic & 37" Panasonic), all connected to the same source and was actually sold on this unit na.  But then noticed that the details seem to be missing on the dark/black portions of the film. 

I forgot the title of the film but when we skipped to the sceen in the parking lot the edges of the roof and some portions near it could not be seen while in the LCD TV's we could still see this.  Same with other dark sceens... is this just due to the settings (i believe all were using factory settings)?  If not for this baka binili ko na sya.

Thanks,

sakin so far same titles na pinanood ko .. pareho lang naman ... hmm baka sa settings nga siguro .. btw im using stock settings
ninjababez online ..

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM »
i saw this kanina and i still opted for the LG plasma...maganda din naman yung samsung .. wag mo lang itatabi sa LG and panasonic 32LX77  ;)

@jeff
bro thanks sa deal natin ... sumaya nadin gf ko and di na nagreklamo sa destiny cable .. hehehe
next time na yung para sakin .. ^_^ planning to setup my own htpc .. :D:D

Hahaha... welcome sir, basta masaya gf mo yan ang importante.. hehehe :D

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM »
good morning mga sirs, master, cheifs, bossings... ill planning to buy a new 32 inch HDTV with full 1080p para sa bagong bahay and based sa forum dun sa pinoyPSX (ps3) dito daw ako tumingin and ask for your opinion. both S&S and theater works are good and magnificent stores based on performance, sales and most important customer service.. and i would like to humbly inquire and ask for assistance on what model or brand of HDTV will i buy this coming june? the item that im currently aiming for is the SAMSUNG 32 inch.. dont know the model kase sa SM appliance center ko sya nakita. binigay nila saken when i asked 42k add for the HDTV and add 5k para sa samsung black dvd player and samsung 5.1 home theater speakers.. when i checked the forum mahal daw un and ung friend ko dito sa office mahal din daw also di daw maganda ung samsung kase sa mga showroom daw they are using upscaler or booster type para gumanda resolution.. ok daw panasonic kaso di lang talaga ok un design ng tv... i really need your help sir. and kung kaya sana budget is 30k-35k(SUPER MAX NA TO) would highly appreciated. kase bibili pako ng split type aircon.. uhuhuhuhuhuh.. thanks in advance sirs and more power!!!

If your a gamer of ps3 or xbox360 get a plasma for better details and accuracy of colors. pero kung pc user ka LCD is for you.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:30 PM »
Sir Jeff,

Magkano ang LG 32" plasma? Card and installment.

Thanks.

pm sent sir! ;)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Thanks,

Factory setting lang lahat sir. ;)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:35 PM »
http://www.hdtvorigin.com/hdtv/lg-32pc5rv-plasma-hdtv-introduction/

kaya pala mura eh .. ^_^
a really kewl item tv to own..
used pio DV400 .. 1080i, 720p, 480p!!!!!
no visible difference (maybe its because its a native 480p)
also tried it via VGA output via my laptop .. ganda parin !!
by the way .. ill be borrowing my officemates "muslim" dvd player tomorrow to compare the PQ via component cable .. hoping that it'll yield good results in PQ .. ^_^

@owners
anyone tried using ordinary dvd players with this one?? (480p via the component cable Yr/Pr/Pb) ??
how's the PQ?
Kahit anong source lagay mo sa tv na yan ganda pa din ang quality. Do you know that LG is the #1 selling plasma now in america and nasa 3rd nalang si pareng panny. ;)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:37 PM »
This is still the #1 selling items sa shop ko even walk in buyers nagugulat sa pq. ;)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:39 PM »
Kahit anong source lagay mo sa tv na yan ganda pa din ang quality. Do you know that LG is the #1 selling plasma now in america and nasa 3rd nalang si pareng panny. ;)
sir..pa pm rin ako...cash and card price.

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2008 at 09:43 PM »
HMmm...

Still thinking about this or the 42pv70. Medyo malaki din ang price difference ng dalawa.
Tapos parehas maganda ang review saka madami din bumibili :)
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:41 PM »
Hi Jeff.  Very nice of you to show me the PQ and technical aspects of the LG Plasma...

Very obvious difference from the 3 other LCDs in the display area... LAMANG NA LAMANG si LG over the Series 4 Samsung / LX77 Panasonic / and the other LCD 37inch LCD beside it...

Getting one... Damn... got very excited... even when using that  Pir***D disk... very nice PQ --- LG Plasma  is a hot item... Good stiff from TW Trinoma.

Guys... first time buyer here and the PQ is really very impressive...     :D

Offline bill

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:56 PM »
Sir Jeff,

Pa PM yun price ng LG 32" plasma, Pana 42pv70 and 50pv70 and Pioneer dv400, dv600. Please PM also best valued 37" and 40-42" LCDs. :)

Thanks!

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:23 AM »
taken from pinoyxbox

LG Plasma PQ is very distinct and obvious --- lg image below vs lcd panasonic

Offline miccollo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2008 at 01:52 PM »
may bigger screen size ba to?
TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline GioSpike

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2008 at 03:16 PM »
taken from pinoyxbox

LG Plasma PQ is very distinct and obvious --- lg image below vs lcd panasonic

Pansin ko lang mas detailed yung wood  at grass dun sa Panasonic LCD.

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2008 at 10:56 PM »
good pm sir, lumabas na po ba yung LG na 42"? pa pm na lang po ng price nito. by the way, is the glass panel used here like the one used for PV70 na very reflective ng lights?

thanks po! more power!

Hi NEMESIS... May lumabas na ba 42 inch LG plasma?  available na ba? Please let us know... Also Pa PM naman ng prices for 32 ~ 37 LCDs that you have.  Thank you.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM »
Di pala HD tong unit:P :P :P

Resolution 852 x 480

Brightness 550

Contrast Ratio 1,800:1

Viewing Angle 178/178
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2008 at 11:09 PM »
Di pala HD tong unit :P :P :P

Resolution 852 x 480

Brightness 550

Contrast Ratio 1,800:1

Viewing Angle 178/178

Yes... the specs are a bit different from your normal hd ready LCDs.

But actual side by side demo... with Series 4 Samsung / Panasonic 32LX77 + 37 inch lcd ... Very noticeable PQ difference... All using same Blue Ray Source...

Really have to see it in action para makapag decide if its worth buying...

Some would say its an outdated / phaseout unit but the PQs are really impressive...

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2008 at 11:17 PM »
I agree on that. The Plasma have the closest CRT characteristics compared to LCD.  LCDs can give you a headache from watching too long. But if you are to really invest on a Full HD setup, go to the biggest screens available.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 at 06:47 PM by Mouldingo »