Author Topic: Maike-Orange DVD Player Model DVD-02 & DVD-80  (Read 14111 times)

Offline opus175

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Maike-Orange DVD Player Model DVD-02 & DVD-80
« on: Apr 07, 2008 at 04:42 PM »
Hello,

I just bought a MAIKE-ORANGE almost portable DVD Player Model DVD-02 at one of the stores opposite the Quiapo Underpass.

This model comes in many colors. I bought the silver/aluminum color. There is black, blue, red and white also.

When you plug the autovolt unit, the Main Power Switch is at the back of the player, above the various audio and video jacks. Also at the back area is the USB PORT where you can attach your flash drive to view the contents.

When turned on, my DVD player's disc tray casts a GREEN LED COLOR. There is a small  LCD screen on the front panel which im sure can only show very limited informations. Only the forward, reverse, stop, play and eject buttons occupy the rest of the front panel.

I tried playing MP3 disc that I burnt into a DVD-R from my computer. It was able to read it.

I tried playing a DVD-R disc I recorded with movie torrents and TV Shows. It was also able to play it.

When you stop playing, then press PLAY again, there is a "last memory" feature where the film starts at the moment you stopped. If you double pressed/click the stop, then the Last Memory is overridden.

I will try to upload a picture soon.

It cost me 1,050pesos. I hope it will work durably. There is a four months warranty. If it needs repair after the warranty period, you have to bring it to this store also.

I bought an extra remote control since it is not the same as Lexing or Unikon which are readily available in sidewalk or quiapo tiangge. The remote cost me 150.00pesos.

Name of Store:Nueva Joy Marketing
204 Quezon Blvd Quiapo Manila
Walang telephone number sa resibo.

It has a built-in fan/ventilator at the base (i just noticed it now).

Width: 6-1/4"  only
Height: 2" only
Length: 8-3/4" only

So small di ba!!! Nak print sa chasis DVD-02  MPEG-4/DVD/SVCD/VCD/MP3/CD

At the back, there is a MIC jack pala. Isa lang. The USB Port. a S-Video jack.

Video (yellow) jack - 1
M-L (white audio) - 1
M-R (red audio) -
Y-Cv-Cr Jacks (green blue red) - 1 each
Coaxial (black) - 1
Then one Optical output jack.

Walang radio, which I dont care.

25Watts ratings.

Will update kung may progress. For the meantime, I like it kasi portable siya sa mga provincial sorties ko. At least di na ako mabored sa hotel room. LOL!!

AND ON APRIL 19th, I BOUGHT MY SECOND MAIKE-ORANGE FULL SIZE DVD PLAYER MODEL DVD-80

The chasis is painted white with orange facia. There is also an internal blower to fan the interior of the unit when being used. The set-up and function is exactly the same as the portable DVD-02. This time, the USB port of the DVD-80 appears on the front panel already.

There is a VGA output jack for the DVD-80 which is used if you want to attach your computer's monitor as where you want to watch your recorded files. It also has S-Video in jack. There is no game ports nor built-in radio tuner which is fine with me.

I bought the Maike Orange DVD-80 at 1,200pesos. A bit pricier than other generic players (which are now sold everywhere in quiapo/raon electronic stores) between 1,000 to 1,100pesos. But since I have a very good experience with the portable DVD-02, and the fact that there is an existing service center in quiapo makes me feel the higher price quite reasonable. Remember, this unit comes with internal blower which most other generic players do not have.

ALSO NOW AVAILABLE by Maike Orange is there new, portable sized DVD Player (I forgot the model) that has an option to accept 12 Volts power. Meaning, you can attach the player to a car battery and watch recorded discs. This is nice for provincial sorties where power is limited. The price is at 1,450pesos daw.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2008 at 08:41 AM by opus175 »

Offline opus175

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Maike-Orange DVD Player Model DVD-02 (Portable Size)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2008 at 04:50 PM »
It is on the internet pala!
they have a website.

http://www.szmaike.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=251

that is the exact model i got though the model number appearing in their website is different. but that is the exact unit.

Service center is at Gaisano Tower also at the foot of the bridge in quezon boulevard, quiapo!!!!

Warranty card is inside the manual pala.

Offline rustyns

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 07:09 AM »
I have the black one. 9 months ko na ginagamit, no problems yet. Mas mahal nga lang ang bili ko - 1.4k

Ang ayoko lang dito, yung placement ng usb and power switch sa likod.

Offline opus175

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 08:32 AM »
rustyns,

good to hear its durable. is it safe to assume that hindi ito masyadong mainit kahit mga two to three dvd movies ang simultaneously pinapanood due to the built in fan?

mas OK nga kung nasa harap ang usb port. Pero OK lang kasi hindi naman lagi ako nanonood thru usb port flash drive. regarding the switch sa likod, okay na rin tutal small unit lang ito, di mahirap abutin. Actually im planning to put an extension cord with switch and iyon na lang ang i-on/off ko. iiwan ko na lang ON lagi ang nasa likod ng player.

comparing the FAST FORWARD AND REVERSE feature/speed of this Orange from my LEXING full sized player, i noticed mas mabagal ang speed ng Lexing ko. In fact, the "normal" fastforward/reverse speed of my Lexing is at 4X only. pag more than 4X, it actually SLOWS DOWN pa nga.

So far, there is more to like with my new Orange dvd player!

Offline rustyns

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
ok lang for 2 or 3 movies, pero mahilig si misis sa mga koreanovela so tinatapatan ko pa rin ng maliit na fan  ;D

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Maike-Orange DVD Player Model DVD-02 & DVD-80
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2008 at 09:36 PM »
yung y-cv-cr (red-blue-green) jacks, component video ba yun?

Offline rustyns

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM »
yung y-cv-cr (red-blue-green) jacks, component video ba yun?

oo

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008 at 03:28 AM »
bought a dvd122, yun ordinary video ok ang output,
pero kung component, may dalawang linya pababa parang watermark.
lemon ito?

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2008 at 03:23 AM »

I was about to buy one na sana kanina sa Raon impress kasi ako it was able to read the DivX movies stored in my Imation 4GB USB Flash Drive (other brands tested were unable to do this e.g. Pensonic, Lexing, Coby Portable DVD player, etc.) kaya lang when I tried playing Region 2 and 3 discs, I got a "WRONG REGION" error... it's not region unlocked pala... bad trip  :-\

Offline the_querent

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 09:38 PM »
I have a Maike-Orange DVD-76 with usb. Di niya nababasa ang new 4GB Kingston usb ko pero 'yung sa 1GB Kingston nababasa niya. Ano kaya ang problema? I already formatted the 4GB usb. Tulong naman, please. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2008 at 10:31 PM by the_querent »

Offline drg236

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 11:38 PM »
hey bro i do have a dvd 06 model ayaw din nya basahin ung 4gb na ridata ko pero ung 1gb nababasa nya. nasolve mo na b problem nato? Thanks.

I have a Maike-Orange DVD-76 with usb. Di niya nababasa ang new 4GB Kingston usb ko pero 'yung sa 1GB Kingston nababasa niya. Ano kaya ang problema? I already formatted the 4GB usb. Tulong naman, please. Thanks.

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2009 at 08:49 PM »
guys i also bought a maike-orange dvd-80.. but it does not play region 1 dvds.. anybody knows a crack for this? thanks.. :) happy new year to everyone!!

Offline joax17

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:41 PM »
kakabili ko lang ng maike orange last week and gusto lo lang itanong na kung may mabibilan ng remote control nito pag kunwari nawala mo? if meron saan & how much? nadala na kasi ako sa next base dvd player ko na nasira un remote.

Offline uno_uno

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 05:55 AM »
just bought the orange 903 model. mid-size then meron syang 6000 english/tagalog songs (w/ cd), bonus ito para sakin. hehe. dvd quality yung cd ng songs. usb port nasa harap, mic input meron sa likod, yung power button sa harap. 1.3k ang price sa raon. kinabit ko sa lcd tv via component cable then meron syang de-interlace function sa menu. malinaw ang output ng video. bang for the back talaga ang orange.
http://www.szmaike.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=481

meron na din akong nakikitang 2.1 speakers na orange with 2 mic inputs na may sariling volume at echo! tried it once, grabeh, ang lakas din and very nice ang audio quality, hinde basag! pwedeng-pwede gamitin for videoke kahit maliit lang. panis yung mga branded na 2.1 speakers na edifier, etc that cost around 2k up.....and the price of the 2.1 orange speakers....1.5k! plan to buy one for my room then will post my review.
http://www.szmaike.com/en/product.asp

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 01:20 PM »
syoti,

it can play region 1.

insert the region dvd. initially, error lalabas siguro sa screen mo right?

press stop. screen turns into MAIKE ORANGE BLUE default screen.

press PLAY. dapat magplay na.

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
syoti,

it can play region 1.

insert the region dvd. initially, error lalabas siguro sa screen mo right?

press stop. screen turns into MAIKE ORANGE BLUE default screen.

press PLAY. dapat magplay na.

ndi error un lumalabas e.. actually i just realized after testing several dvds from other regions, that it does play region 1 dvds except for region 1  dvds released by 20th century fox.. it displays on the screen the fox logo then a note saying 'this disc is not formatted to play in this region'... ???

but other region 1 and 2 dvds play well..  ???

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 09:55 PM »
Philander wrote this in the Xtreme HDMI 1080p Upscaling DVD Player thread. It's also about Fox dvds. Maybe it's the same?

Wow. May AACS issue pala ang extreme.

Read here: http://gear.ign.com/articles/691/691408p1.html

What does that mean to you? If you purchased an HDTV more than a couple of years ago, chances are you are using Component Video (the red, green, and blue plugs) to connect HD sources to your TV. Component Video is an analog transmission, which means that it can't work with the absurdly stringent AACS copy-protection Hollywood has insisted be integrated into the new formats. Thus, no HDMI input on your TV, no hi-def DVD for you. If you don't have a compatible TV, you'll either receive a massively downgraded sub-720p resolution version of the content, or what the studios are suggesting, a warning screen followed by nothing.

Your last option is to use HDMI.

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009 at 09:58 PM by sardaukar »

Offline ambo_ito

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2011 at 01:25 PM »
patulong naman, nasira yung remote control ko ng Maike DVD player bumili ako ng universal remote, kaso walang code para sa Maike.
meron ba sa inyon me alam ng code para sa Maike DVD