Author Topic: ♫ ♪ ♫ Isla Pantasya™ Headphone Vintage Gears Set-up... ♫ ♪ ♫  (Read 669659 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: ★ ★ ★ Isla Pantasya - COMING SOON AGAIN!!! ★ ★ ★
« Reply #7320 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 01:21 AM »
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #7321 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:09 AM »

uy na-calibrate din A/V mo . . . congrats sa improvement brader Jake.

Di lang magaling na hi-tech yan si sir Mark, bait pa.

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #7322 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 05:04 AM »
rehab stage nako brad.... ;D Basta masaya na rin ako pag nakikita ko mga kaibigan ko na humahakot... ;D

sige na nga...
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7323 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 05:07 AM »
uy na-calibrate din A/V mo . . . congrats sa improvement brader Jake.

Di lang magaling na hi-tech yan si sir Mark, bait pa.

yup yup!  at naku... the quest never ends...   ;)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7324 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:37 AM »
re-run the audyssey following sir mark's tips...

whoa!!! 

watched "the dark knight"

whoa!!!

i lab yu sir mark!  galing!!!

;D   ;D   ;D

Jake, how many mic positions did you do? At least 6 (better 8)?

After calibration, did you adjust the crossovers?
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #7325 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:42 AM »
Congrats Brad Jake sa newly calibrated system! Ulitin ulit ang mga pelikula!!!!  ;D

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7326 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:46 AM »
Jake, how many mic positions did you do? At least 6 (better 8)?

After calibration, did you adjust the crossovers?

i actually did "8" positions, set the crossovers except LFE to "80".  sub gain at sub to just "9"oclock, did not adjust the volume at the amp where it currently stands at "0".  

all these are just so right!  it's like i entered a new room!  gracious!  really super!  and i thought i needed an emotiva xpa5!  this is just super!

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7327 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:46 AM »
Congrats Brad Jake sa newly calibrated system! Ulitin ulit ang mga pelikula!!!!  ;D

uy belated happy birthday doc mel! 

mukha ngang uulitin ko... ehehe!  btw, gusto mo ba ng leather sofa?  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7328 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 07:04 AM »
i actually did "8" positions, set the crossovers except LFE to "80".  sub gain at sub to just "9"oclock, did not adjust the volume at the amp where it currently stands at "0".  

all these are just so right!  it's like i entered a new room!  gracious!  really super!  and i thought i needed an emotiva xpa5!  this is just super!

That's really nice to hear. A lot of people don't realize how much sound improvement they can achieve simply by doing a correct Audyssey calibration. A lot of people seem to think that Audyssey is mainly for the distances and speaker levels. Actually, the biggest part of Audyssey is its room correction feature which balances the frequency responses of your speakers and reduces "ringing" (or the lingering sound in your room at certain frequencies). The result of a proper calibration is a very precise soundstage with speakers that "disappear" and a smooth and pleasant sound.

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7329 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 07:10 AM »
That's really nice to hear. A lot of people don't realize how much sound improvement they can achieve simply by doing a correct Audyssey calibration. A lot of people seem to think that Audyssey is mainly for the distances and speaker levels. Actually, the biggest part of Audyssey is its room correction feature which balances the frequency responses of your speakers and reduces "ringing" (or the lingering sound in your room at certain frequencies). The result of a proper calibration is a very precise soundstage with speakers that "disappear" and a smooth and pleasant sound.

oh and forgot to mention, i use to change the distances of the speakers - making them equidistant.  i did not this time and just let it do its thing.  the only thing i changed is the crossover of the highs.  i realized that that is because of the several listening positions.

voila!  super really!!!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #7330 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 08:13 AM »
Congrats sir Jake sa newly calibrated HT mo.   Ok yan....ang tunay na HT enthusiast ay nagpapacalibrate.  ;D ;D

Kudos rin kay HT Master Mark.....for doing a very good job.    ;)

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #7331 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 08:21 AM »
congrats sir Djazzy djake  ;D, truly a set up to look forward to...

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #7332 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
Congratulations Bro and to Sir Mark too!  :)

Excited tuloy akong malaman kung anong tunog ng missions pag well-calibrated!  ;D

Cheers and Happy Easter!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7333 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 09:42 AM »

oh and forgot to mention, i use to change the distances of the speakers - making them equidistant.  i did not this time and just let it do its thing.  the only thing i changed is the crossover of the highs.  i realized that that is because of the several listening positions.

voila!  super really!!!

D dapat equidistant ang speakers sa AVR kasi d naman sila equidistant sa room mo. The effect of the distance parameter for speakers in the AVR is to ensure that the sound from the various speakers arrives at the listening position at the same time.

With regard to the subwoofer, you may notice that the distance set by Audyssey is farther than the actual. That's normal because subs usually have some electronic circuitry which introduces a delay in the sound. To compensate for this, the AVR should set the sub at a farther distance. In other words, Audyssey is not testing for physical distance but acoustic distance. I suspect this is a reason why many people say that a particular sub is "fast" or "slow". The reason is the added delay in the sub's electronic circuitry. Without Audyssey, it's very difficult to determine the "acoustic" distance of the sub to the main listening position.

The other usual mistake is that the AVR (not Audyssey actually) sets the speakers to "full-range" or "large". Speakers should be set to "small" (Denon) or have a crossover (Onkyo). The crossovers should typically be one notch higher than what is recommended by the AVR. This sends the bass signals to the sub, which is able to handle these better and this also provides more headroom for the speakers. Furthermore, the filter of Audyssey MultEQ for the sub is 8x more than for the main speakers so the bass will be more accurate when sent to the sub.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #7334 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 01:34 PM »

voila!  super really!!!

wala munang overtime sa office uwi na gad ng maaga para ma enjoy ng husto ang bagong tunog ng avr at bagong ganda ng pj, congrats idol jake and sir mark salamt sa mga post naging extension ng audyssey learnings sa mas madaling maintindihan na terminilogies

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7335 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:03 PM »
Congrats sir Jake sa newly calibrated HT mo.   Ok yan....ang tunay na HT enthusiast ay nagpapacalibrate.  ;D ;D

Kudos rin kay HT Master Mark.....for doing a very good job.    ;)

salamat brader marvin... no substitute really for a calibrated system.  bow ako kay sir mark, kumpleto sa gadget!  pati flashlight pag madilim meron...  ;D

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7336 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:16 PM »
congrats sir Djazzy djake  ;D, truly a set up to look forward to...

salamat sir!  bisita ka minsan, dalin mo na yung pedal ng bike mo

at ikakabit ko na dito sa chopper ng anak ko!

« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:20 PM by Jazzy Jake »

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7337 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:21 PM »
Congratulations Bro and to Sir Mark too!  :)

Excited tuloy akong malaman kung anong tunog ng missions pag well-calibrated!  ;D

Cheers and Happy Easter!

pasyal ka minsan!  dalin mo din yung A200 mo para masubukan sa bagong calibrated PJ!  ahihihi!  cheers and happy easter chief!

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7338 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:28 PM »

D dapat equidistant ang speakers sa AVR kasi d naman sila equidistant sa room mo. The effect of the distance parameter for speakers in the AVR is to ensure that the sound from the various speakers arrives at the listening position at the same time.

With regard to the subwoofer, you may notice that the distance set by Audyssey is farther than the actual. That's normal because subs usually have some electronic circuitry which introduces a delay in the sound. To compensate for this, the AVR should set the sub at a farther distance. In other words, Audyssey is not testing for physical distance but acoustic distance. I suspect this is a reason why many people say that a particular sub is "fast" or "slow". The reason is the added delay in the sub's electronic circuitry. Without Audyssey, it's very difficult to determine the "acoustic" distance of the sub to the main listening position.

The other usual mistake is that the AVR (not Audyssey actually) sets the speakers to "full-range" or "large". Speakers should be set to "small" (Denon) or have a crossover (Onkyo). The crossovers should typically be one notch higher than what is recommended by the AVR. This sends the bass signals to the sub, which is able to handle these better and this also provides more headroom for the speakers. Furthermore, the filter of Audyssey MultEQ for the sub is 8x more than for the main speakers so the bass will be more accurate when sent to the sub.

never really thought it could still sound better... improvement is really super for me.  difficult to put a thorough review as i may fail to describe this better for our colleagues.  but anyone who wishes to hear for themseves is much welcome. 

hmmm... now i wonder what a sub equa can do!  and room treatment too!  oh my gulay!

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7339 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 02:42 PM »
wala munang overtime sa office uwi na gad ng maaga para ma enjoy ng husto ang bagong tunog ng avr at bagong ganda ng pj, congrats idol jake and sir mark salamt sa mga post naging extension ng audyssey learnings sa mas madaling maintindihan na terminilogies

salamat po bossing!

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #7340 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 03:31 PM »

salamat sir!  bisita ka minsan, dalin mo na yung pedal ng bike mo

at ikakabit ko na dito sa chopper ng anak ko!

malaki na po pala anak nyo, pero nag-gagatas pa...  ;D ;D ;D
sana mag-aya sila bro. Pip, sama ako... :)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7341 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 04:15 PM »
hmmm... now i wonder what a sub equa can do!  and room treatment too!  oh my gulay!

If I were you, and I'm sure that even Mike C would agree, you should prioritize your room treatment. Gawa ka muna ng bass absorbers sa kanto, as we discussed. It will not be very expensive and it should provide a big improvement, not only for the bass but for other frequencies as well. Once you tame the bass, a lot of other frequencies which used to be overpowered by the bass will suddenly appear.

Once you have the acoustic treatment in place, speaker positions optimized, Audyssey calibration perfected, that's the time to start thinking about additional subs and sub equalizers. Many people invest so much money in equipment when there are so many small things you can do which cost very little (or are even free) and which provide a huge acoustic improvement.

Offline edrel sison

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #7342 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 04:26 PM »

pasingit lang po. saan po ba nabibili yang ganyang "harley" bibilhan ko din po ang anak ko.. :)

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7343 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 04:47 PM »
malaki na po pala anak nyo, pero nag-gagatas pa...  ;D ;D ;D
sana mag-aya sila bro. Pip, sama ako... :)

hay naku, magimik yang anak ko na yan kaya ganyan!  ahahaha! 

seriously, matagal ko na po inaaya yang si bro pip kaso laging walang panahon.  pag kay sir mark meron.  ibig sabihin lang talaga nun eh this is not worth the trip... ahihihi!  sana mabasa niya ito...

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7344 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 04:48 PM »
If I were you, and I'm sure that even Mike C would agree, you should prioritize your room treatment. Gawa ka muna ng bass absorbers sa kanto, as we discussed. It will not be very expensive and it should provide a big improvement, not only for the bass but for other frequencies as well. Once you tame the bass, a lot of other frequencies which used to be overpowered by the bass will suddenly appear.

Once you have the acoustic treatment in place, speaker positions optimized, Audyssey calibration perfected, that's the time to start thinking about additional subs and sub equalizers. Many people invest so much money in equipment when there are so many small things you can do which cost very little (or are even free) and which provide a huge acoustic improvement.

agree!  all systems go!   ;)

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7345 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 04:49 PM »
pasingit lang po. saan po ba nabibili yang ganyang "harley" bibilhan ko din po ang anak ko.. :)

bro edrel, malaki na din ang anak mo?   ;D  sa cartimar ko po yan binili, ay teka... bigay po pala yan ni santa!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #7346 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:24 PM »
Isa lang ang masasabi ko: ANG LAKI NA NG PINAG-IBA!! Talagang SARAP MAGBAGO!! :D Seriously, you've gone a long way in HT, Jake...from your starter set-up, to your now "kainggit" set-up - what an evolution indeed!...I am sure after the calibration eh lalo pang gumanda yan, both SQ and PQ...CONGRATULATIONS!! Your set-up is worth publishing in a magazine...MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Thanks! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #7347 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:48 PM »
hay naku, magimik yang anak ko na yan kaya ganyan!  ahahaha! 

seriously, matagal ko na po inaaya yang si bro pip kaso laging walang panahon.  pag kay sir mark meron.  ibig sabihin lang talaga nun eh this is not worth the trip... ahihihi!  sana mabasa niya ito...

oist anu yan ha, ikaw talaga, magiging idol ba kita kung wala akong panahon sa isla? nagkataon lang na laging naipit ang aking schedule, teka nga mahaba naman nag bakasyon over the weekend makapag plano nga ;D ;D ;D ;D

im sure your grinning from ear to ear, highly improved PQ na highly improved SQ

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #7348 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:50 PM »
agree!  all systems go!   ;)

im sure you will be grinning from ear to ear, highly improved PQ na highly improved SQ pa, panalong panalo.

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7349 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 06:52 PM »
oist anu yan ha, ikaw talaga, magiging idol ba kita kung wala akong panahon sa isla? nagkataon lang na laging naipit ang aking schedule, teka nga mahaba naman nag bakasyon over the weekend makapag plano nga ;D ;D ;D ;D

im sure your grinning from ear to ear, highly improved PQ na highly improved SQ

im sure you will be grinning from ear to ear, highly improved PQ na highly improved SQ pa, panalong panalo.

ahihihi!  happy ako bossing!  super!  tuloy ang aking improvement plans as listed!  all systems go!