Author Topic: review on SAmsung LA32A450  (Read 10481 times)

Offline kojakmd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
review on SAmsung LA32A450
« on: May 16, 2008 at 12:51 AM »

sir paki review po or any advice which is better lcd or plasma tv    ? also any recomeded lcd tv's thanks again                                             

Offline polartiger69

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: review on SAmsung LA32A450
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 09:55 PM »
Mag Samsung LCD ka na lang.... Plasma kasi ...madalas may screen burn pero LCD hindi nangyayari yan  !!!

This is my personal opinion though.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:23 PM »

sir paki review po or any advice which is better lcd or plasma tv    ? also any recomeded lcd tv's thanks again                                             
Samsung LA32A450 series 4 has vivid colors and renders sharp images. Great lcd to have dude. If its 40" below, lcd is the better choice but if its 50" up then plasma is the wiser choice.Recomendation? Of course its SONY like no other.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:55 PM »
this model is very nice for its price tag, but if you can still find an r81 model, that is better, in my opinion.

observations coming from an r81 and a450 user... ;D
Ye Boy! :p

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 10:54 AM »
this model is very nice for its price tag, but if you can still find an r81 model, that is better, in my opinion.

observations coming from an r81 and a450 user... ;D

That's right. Many pinoydvd members, who came to our showroom to compare 32R81 and 32A450, find the 32R81 to have almost same picture quality as 32A450. 32R81B also has Movie Plus that allows fast action movie to deliver without judder. This Movie Plus feature is now not available for 32A450.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 10:55 AM by E-reply »

Offline storyfolds

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 01:12 PM »
Can anyone confirm(or better yet post screenshots) if the Samsung Series4 displays movies with judders(because it doesn't have the Movie Plus Technology)? Because this is the model I'm planning to get..

Offline mercury724

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 01:37 PM »
Can anyone confirm(or better yet post screenshots) if the Samsung Series4 displays movies with judders(because it doesn't have the Movie Plus Technology)? Because this is the model I'm planning to get..
sir, hope this helps.. sample of my 32"a450 using hdmi cable w/ pioneer dv400 dvd player at 1080i

good pq  :D ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 01:41 PM by mercury724 »
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 03:20 PM »
Motion blur and judder are very different from each other.

On LCD, fast action causes motion blur; slow pans cause judder.  On slow pans, judder appears as choppy, stuttering motion instead of a smooth, flowing pan.  Motion interpolation software such as Samsung's Movie Plus reduces both motion blur and judder. 

Example of judder on a slow horizontal pan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceo0x8-M6kE&feature=related

Reduced judder with motion interpolation software: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9iEn_u2dRI

Make sure you demo it carefully before you finally decide.  You might not like the side-effects of anti-judder software.

I haven't seen a Samsung demo, but I saw a Philips demo of its motion interpolation tech, which it calls "DNM" (Digital Natural Motion). 

On Philips' DNM, video-based sources look good and judder-free even on very slow pans.  Film-based sources are also judder-free; however, the drawback is that they look obviously unnatural, as if the big-budget Hollywood movie became a home video shot on a cheap handycam.

Six things you need to know about 120Hz LCD TVs
By David Carnoy
Executive editor, CNET Reviews
(October 25, 2007)

" ... Eliminating judder is not for everyone. Judder is part of what makes film look like film, so when you remove it, it starts to look like video. Now, some folks like the look of video and contend that it looks more true-to-life. Both Matthew Moskovciak and I are judder-free fans. On the other hand, David Katzmaier likes the effect only in certain scenes--he generally prefers to leave it turned off during Hollywood films and turned on for some other film-based content, such as the nature documentary Planet Earth-- ... "

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6792632-1.html
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 03:26 PM by barrister »

Offline storyfolds

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 05:36 PM »
Thanks for the info :D, now i know the difference between motion blur & judders..

Now i'm thinking maybe judders are a benefit when watching film movies but how about motion blur in the Series4? Is it really that evident when watching fast-paced scenes or playing high action games that instead of enjoying them you get distracted?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:00 PM »
I'm not the right person to answer because I'm biased in favor of plasma.

It's only in appliance stores that I get a chance to observe LCDs.  But as far as I've seen, I don't see motion blur in the newer LCD models. 

Judder on both plasma and LCD are still obvious to me.  But anti-judder software still produces an obviously unnatural motion.  Maybe we should wait until they get the motion software right.   
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:17 PM by barrister »

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:06 PM »
Thanks for the info :D, now i know the difference between motion blur & judders..

Now i'm thinking maybe judders are a benefit when watching film movies but how about motion blur in the Series4? Is it really that evident when watching fast-paced scenes or playing high action games that instead of enjoying them you get distracted?

I think the best way now is to do comparative evaluation between 32R81 with Motion Plus and 32A450 that has none. For motion blur, we need to do demo with a fast moving picture.

Visit Sights and Sounds for testing the motion judder and blur. While at the shop, ask Jun or Paul for assitance.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:16 PM »
That's right.  The best way is to actually see for yourself before deciding.

You might want to bring these DVD discs along for testing judder:

I, Robot, Chap. 10, Time: 25:35 to 25:57.  Look at the robots.  (Note: on plasma, you will also see green phosphor lag on the robots in addition to the judder :D)

The Day After Tomorrow, Chap.1, Time: 00:53 to 02:55.  Look at the foreground.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:22 PM by barrister »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:28 PM »
Bro mahirap din masyado mu dinadisect ang isang product at hinahanapan ng mali. With that kind of approach, bka hindi kna makabili. Nothing's perfect after all. So the best is to buy what your heart desires that fits into your budget.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:46 PM »
Bro mahirap din masyado mu dinadisect ang isang product at hinahanapan ng mali. With that kind of approach, bka hindi kna makabili.

Theres nothing wrong being stringent in choosing a flat panel to buy.   Money is hard to earn for most people, so why buy something that doesnt fit to his desired specifications?  ::)
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:47 PM by Munskie »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:49 PM »

You're both right. 

But my advice is not to expect perfection because there is no such thing as a perfect TV. 

You will only set yourself up for disappointment.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:52 PM »
You're both right. 

But my advice is not to expect perfection because there is no such thing as a perfect TV. 

You will only set yourself up for disappointment.
True enough. No such thing as PERFECT. Just buy the best you think thats w/in your budget.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 07:25 PM »
Got this one today from Sight and Sounds bundled with the HTX30.  Swak na Swak for the bedroom.(as requested by my wife hehehe)  Blind purchase.  Wala na audition audition heheh.
Napa calibrate ko na rin kay Paul of S&S using the spyder colorimeter.  Unfortunately, yung Samsung dvd player is locked at region 3.  Good thing I was surfing last night and saw the hack codes.  Paul unlocked it based on this unlocking procedure and it is now region free.  YES!!  marathon to ng Rome Series hehehe

Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline mercury724

• Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 01:23 AM »
Got this one today from Sight and Sounds bundled with the HTX30.  Swak na Swak for the bedroom.(as requested by my wife hehehe)  Blind purchase.  Wala na audition audition heheh.
Napa calibrate ko na rin kay Paul of S&S using the spyder colorimeter.  Unfortunately, yung Samsung dvd player is locked at region 3.  Good thing I was surfing last night and saw the hack codes.  Paul unlocked it based on this unlocking procedure and it is now region free.  YES!!  marathon to ng Rome Series hehehe

congrats on your new aquisition sir! :) enjoy!
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline polartiger69

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 12:55 PM »
MY  BAD EXPERIENCE with  Sir Victor Chua (E-reply) owner of  Sight and Sound at  Shiangrila.

Yesterday, June 7th . I took time out from my hectic schedules  to visit
Sight and Sound to purchase Samsung LCD model 32A450 with Home Theater HT-X30 at the price of  P 41,000.
Sir Vic was not around and her sales lady showed me a new unit and
Home theater X-30. At the onset, the sales lady explained to me that any purchases on that day will not be delivered on the same day and will be delivered next week, probably Tuesday at the latest. Well, I said okay, I will wait for the delivery next  week.

I then checked by viewing the  LCD TV unit…there is no problem with the unit.
and checked the X-30 box  and find the set okay with the  Free HDMI cable
inside the X-30 box.

Everything seemed to be alright but when I asked for the Samsung wall-bracket,
I was told that I have to shell out P2,000 for the said wall-bracket !!!
All their Samsung LCD TV units do not include FREE WALL_BRACKETS
in their selling prices ! I have to buy it SEPARATELY !

When  I asked to have the LCD TV tested for
any dead pixels, I was asked to talk to Sir Vic directly over the phone …he told me that I have to download the test software from the internet and do the testing myself at home!   
That  the price of 41,000 for  Samsung 32A450 does not include the Wall Bracket and I have to add P2,000 for the said bracket for the Total price of  P 43,000 !!!

I am very dismayed by the conversation over the phone with Sir Vic !
Desmayado ako sa  nangyari ….I have checked and canvassed the Samsung 32A450
with several dealers and only  Anson, Western and Ambassador Appliances  sell Samsung 32A450 at  Php 41,000  with FREE wall-bracket, Home theater X-30 with Free HDMI cable and FREE delivery.

Thinking that  Sir Vic of Sight and Sound  has really lowered his price at 41,000 to compete with actual purchase of  Steelcrazy and believing that if everything is equal in the leveling playing field, I might  buy it  from Sir Vic because of the great endorsements coming from “satisfied clients” from Pinoy DVD and now, I  felt  very  bad of  wasted time in visiting Sight and Sound. Does any  members here also  have  similar experience ?

I have already purchased the Samsung 32A450 with Home Theater X30 at Php 41,000 complete with Free Wall Bracket, Free HDMI cable, Free delivery and just waiting to have my complete unit delivered to my house on Tuesday.   

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #19 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 11:48 PM »
MY  BAD EXPERIENCE with  Sir Victor Chua (E-reply) owner of  Sight and Sound at  Shiangrila.

Yesterday, June 7th . I took time out from my hectic schedules  to visit
Sight and Sound to purchase Samsung LCD model 32A450 with Home Theater HT-X30 at the price of  P 41,000.
Sir Vic was not around and her sales lady showed me a new unit and
Home theater X-30. At the onset, the sales lady explained to me that any purchases on that day will not be delivered on the same day and will be delivered next week, probably Tuesday at the latest. Well, I said okay, I will wait for the delivery next  week.

I then checked by viewing the  LCD TV unit…there is no problem with the unit.
and checked the X-30 box  and find the set okay with the  Free HDMI cable
inside the X-30 box.

Everything seemed to be alright but when I asked for the Samsung wall-bracket,
I was told that I have to shell out P2,000 for the said wall-bracket !!!
All their Samsung LCD TV units do not include FREE WALL_BRACKETS
in their selling prices ! I have to buy it SEPARATELY !

When  I asked to have the LCD TV tested for
any dead pixels, I was asked to talk to Sir Vic directly over the phone …he told me that I have to download the test software from the internet and do the testing myself at home!   
That  the price of 41,000 for  Samsung 32A450 does not include the Wall Bracket and I have to add P2,000 for the said bracket for the Total price of  P 43,000 !!!

I am very dismayed by the conversation over the phone with Sir Vic !
Desmayado ako sa  nangyari ….I have checked and canvassed the Samsung 32A450
with several dealers and only  Anson, Western and Ambassador Appliances  sell Samsung 32A450 at  Php 41,000  with FREE wall-bracket, Home theater X-30 with Free HDMI cable and FREE delivery.

Thinking that  Sir Vic of Sight and Sound  has really lowered his price at 41,000 to compete with actual purchase of  Steelcrazy and believing that if everything is equal in the leveling playing field, I might  buy it  from Sir Vic because of the great endorsements coming from “satisfied clients” from Pinoy DVD and now, I  felt  very  bad of  wasted time in visiting Sight and Sound. Does any  members here also  have  similar experience ?

I have already purchased the Samsung 32A450 with Home Theater X30 at Php 41,000 complete with Free Wall Bracket, Free HDMI cable, Free delivery and just waiting to have my complete unit delivered to my house on Tuesday.   

no offense ..  but i dont think this is the right thread for your complain ..
ninjababez online ..

Offline polartiger69

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 07:39 AM »
no offense ..  but i dont think this is the right thread for your complain ..

I believe otherwise….because the topic starter wants  reviews about  Samsung 32A450 before BUYING one, right?

Why not let Sir Vic or E-Reply answer  my complain?  He is very silent about my complain !

TAKE NOTE ….We as buyers should expect  a “FAIR DEAL” if not the best deal from Appliance dealers. And we expect dealers to be TRANSPARENT at all times in all their dealings with their customers.

I would suggest that if you go to any Authorized Samsung dealers and get yourself  a copy of  SAMSUNG “Official LCD TV -PRICE LIST”  and it is STATED VERY CLEARLY that “EVERY LCD TV COMES WITH FREE WALL MOUNT BRACKET, FREE INSTALLATION AND 3 MONTHS EXTENDED WARRANTY …. It simply means  SAMSUNG sells ALL their LCD TVs with FREE Wall Mount Bracket, Free installation by SAMSUNG personnel and total of 15 MONTHS Warranty on Parts and Labor !!!
If ever your appliances break down, it is the manufacturer who repairs your  defective appliance and NOT the Dealer who sold you the appliance.

In this case with Sir Vic Chua ( E-Reply) of Sight and Sound, he offers to lower his selling price to that of his competitors but keep the “ free item to himself “ and sell it back to you  as separate item and you are FOOLED !!!

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 02:59 PM »
I believe otherwise….because the topic starter wants  reviews about  Samsung 32A450 before BUYING one, right?

Why not let Sir Vic or E-Reply answer  my complain?  He is very silent about my complain !

TAKE NOTE ….We as buyers should expect  a “FAIR DEAL” if not the best deal from Appliance dealers. And we expect dealers to be TRANSPARENT at all times in all their dealings with their customers.

I would suggest that if you go to any Authorized Samsung dealers and get yourself  a copy of  SAMSUNG “Official LCD TV -PRICE LIST”  and it is STATED VERY CLEARLY that “EVERY LCD TV COMES WITH FREE WALL MOUNT BRACKET, FREE INSTALLATION AND 3 MONTHS EXTENDED WARRANTY …. It simply means  SAMSUNG sells ALL their LCD TVs with FREE Wall Mount Bracket, Free installation by SAMSUNG personnel and total of 15 MONTHS Warranty on Parts and Labor !!!
If ever your appliances break down, it is the manufacturer who repairs your  defective appliance and NOT the Dealer who sold you the appliance.

In this case with Sir Vic Chua ( E-Reply) of Sight and Sound, he offers to lower his selling price to that of his competitors but keep the “ free item to himself “ and sell it back to you  as separate item and you are FOOLED !!!

HOPE FOR YOUR KIND UNDERSTANDING

I posted the price Samsung at LA32A450 + HTX30 at P41K. I did not say that the wall bracket is included.

That's true. Samsung TV promo comes with wall bracket. However, for this particular 32A450 model, we simply cannot match with other shops selling P41K. Maybe other shops were given privileged by Samsung with special arrangement. For us, we simply were not accommodated by Samsung.

The only way for us to compete with the same P41K is to negotiate with Samsung not to avail wall bracket. With bracket taken out from our cost price, we somehow able to adjust price to sell it at P41K.

Please be informed that Sights and Sounds is not here to deceive the public of any business transaction. Yes, we admit that 32A450 at P41K with wall bracket is selling at some chain stores. Though, this is offered, units are not readily available. Is this a one-time offer? We really don't know. Nevertheless, Sights and Sounds has units to offer. We offer alternative supply, which is without wall bracket. This is not deceiving. It is an outright telling you of what is on sale: 32a450 +htx30 at P42K. Please note also that we even posted our contact info for buyers to clarify everything before he buys the product.

Please also be informed that we sold quite a lot of 32A450 package this weekend. Many customers appreciate of what we have: the availability of stocks and price. And to be honest with you we have to discontinue this offer for now because we also run out of stock.

Also, there are simply some technical issues which we cannot address. The detection of dead pixels is one that we cannot completely provide you with solution. If dead pixels is visible, we will change your unit without question ask. (Please  note that chain stores will tell you to refer your guaranty card or call manufacturing company for asssitance.) If pixels cannot be detected, we really suggest you down load a program to visualize all dead pixels. If we aks you to refer a software to detect dead pixels, we are not passing the back to tell you to resolve the issue on your own. We are simply telling you we cannot address the issue. Hope you don't take our suggestion at fault.

Finally, I really felt so grateful for many of you who believe in us. Yes, we will continue to guide you on 'techies' and 'value for money' buying. We feel that this is a forum. Service should come before sales. Instead of more power to Jeff or Vic, we say more power to PINOYDVD! We are one community. Let's support one another in right or wrong.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #22 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 11:00 PM »

review on SAmsung LA32A450

the title clearly states the product and not sellers .. right?

ninjababez online ..

Offline zeldrix

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 27, 2008 at 06:28 AM »
i bought this unit yesterday at S&S...

i was planning to buy a hitachi L32S01 or a toshiba 32C3500

i have it tested side by side... then i saw the samsung LA32A450...

i ended up buying the LA32A50 (samsung)... without seeing Sir Vic personally just

over a phone conversation.. he gave some discount to match the price with

the hitachi and toshiba units.. by then it is clear to me that my destiny is to buy

the samsung without doubt.. and very satisfied with it during the tests and when i got

it installed at my home.. thanks to Sir Vic for the discount and thanks to Jun of S&S

who assisted me in everything!

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 27, 2008 at 01:20 PM »

i ended up buying the LA32A50 (samsung)... without seeing Sir Vic personally just

the hitachi and toshiba units.. by then it is clear to me that my destiny is to buy

the samsung without doubt.. and very satisfied with it during the tests and when i got

it installed at my home.. thanks to Sir Vic for the discount and thanks to Jun of S&S

Thank you also for buying TV from us. Happy viewing!

Offline mercury724

• Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 28, 2008 at 12:43 AM »

congrats to you sir on your new tv :)
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline Neverwinter

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 28, 2008 at 09:10 AM »
To those with calibrated 32A450 units, pa-share naman ng picture settings :)  Thanks.

Offline @nk71

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • :o)
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 04:07 AM »
Confirm ko lang before I buy onr this Tuesday...is this Model 1080p capable na...

I mean let's say I plug my PS3 which is set to 1080p will it go blank and say input not supported or idodownscale nya to 720p ?

thanks

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 08:28 AM »
Yes, It is 1080p capable.  My main reason for getting this model.
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline @nk71

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • :o)
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 01:28 PM »
Yes, It is 1080p capable.  My main reason for getting this model.

thanks nalito kasi ako nung nagbrowse ako ng review sa net....between LN32a450 and LA32a450, thanks for the info...