Author Topic: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!  (Read 70664 times)

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!
« Reply #270 on: Mar 20, 2009 at 04:29 PM »
Sirs, kasya ba sa kotse yung 42PV80? Nagbabalak ako bumili and i would be picking it up. Kung delivery naman po how much po charge ng mga suking seller natin dito? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2009 at 04:30 PM by cHess »

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: Mar 20, 2009 at 05:54 PM »
Sirs, kasya ba sa kotse yung 42PV80? Nagbabalak ako bumili and i would be picking it up. Kung delivery naman po how much po charge ng mga suking seller natin dito? Thanks!

During sale, we do not provide delivery service. However, if your place is not far from Ortigas Center, we can throw in the delivery. Nevertheless, 42PV80 can fit at any back paseenger seats. Even a small Toyota Vios can accommodate 42PV80.

Offline mart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Mar 20, 2009 at 09:03 PM »
Hello Sir Carlo777, thanks for the info. I guess it would be wise for me to wait na lang for the next generation panny full hd plasma.
Who knows, baka malayo na ang features from the pv80 and py800. I guess it would be worth it kahit medyo mahal. Besides, di
pa naman ganoon kasikat ang blu ray dito sa amin. Dvds pa rin ang uso. Sir, I would be asking questions from time to time and I hope
you could always enlighten me about the pv80. thanks again.

Offline mart

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Mar 20, 2009 at 09:12 PM »
Hello SnS. You said in your pm to me that every plasma purchase comes with a free hdmi cable. Ngayon lang po ba sa sale to or even
before meron na. Thanks

Offline Reply_SnS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Mar 21, 2009 at 02:41 AM »
Hello SnS. You said in your pm to me that every plasma purchase comes with a free hdmi cable. Ngayon lang po ba sa sale to or even
before meron na. Thanks

Meron po during the sale period. I'll have to clarify kung this was extended to customers who purchased on none sale dates.

Offline josh888

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #275 on: Mar 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM »
Hi to all,

I am planning to buy flat panel tv and need your inputs. Am a bit confused as to what to buy.  Eto yun dalawang option ko sony 40s400 or panasonic 42PV80, which one kaya is the best buy. Wil be using for DVD movie and watching cable only. TIA

Josh888

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #276 on: Mar 21, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
Hi to all,

I am planning to buy flat panel tv and need your inputs. Am a bit confused as to what to buy.  Eto yun dalawang option ko sony 40s400 or panasonic 42PV80, which one kaya is the best buy. Wil be using for DVD movie and watching cable only. TIA

Josh888

malamang sa hindi... PV80 ang vote sa thread no 'to :D :D :D

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2183
« Reply #277 on: Mar 21, 2009 at 09:25 PM »
Hi to all,

Josh888

Yang Sony model na yan talaga ang kukunin ko. Kaya lang after my boss told me about this 42PV80 (and PV8) and after a lot of research and actual unit reviews, definitely it's the Pana in all aspect!

I am actually just wating for my budget to be complete and i'll be going for the 50PV80 :-)!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline SpoonEK9

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Mar 22, 2009 at 02:00 AM »
Hi to all,

Josh888

sir I compared the cable tv PQ of my 42PV80 with my uncle's 40S400, and napansin ko mas ok ang plasma. hindi dahil bias ako pero mas malinaw at mas natural yung kulay ng plasma kesa sa lcd

Offline checkyoulater

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Mar 22, 2009 at 06:58 PM »
sir I compared the cable tv PQ of my 42PV80 with my uncle's 40S400, and napansin ko mas ok ang plasma. hindi dahil bias ako pero mas malinaw at mas natural yung kulay ng plasma kesa sa lcd

yup, yung basic tech behind an LCD panel makes the colors brighter and more vibrant, which may be immediately more appealing to passers by especially pag asa mall or show room ka, however the backlighting effect does takes it toll.....lalo na pag ipagtabi mo ang plasma sa LCD, you can really tell that the plasma TV reproduces more natural colors.

that said, kung gaming/PC monitor ang habol mo, then i must say LCD will be the way to go.

I just got my pv80 less than a week ago, kaya fresh pa sa isip ko yung time na pinagcompare ko yung plasma sa LCD....dun sa SnS katabi ng PV8 yung sony bravia na fullHD, and after comparing the 2 d ko talaga ma-justify pa na kumuha ng mas mahal na fullHD na LCD over the HDready panny plasma.  sobrang ganda ng pq ng pv80.
42PV80 | WDTV | PCH A-110 |

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #280 on: Mar 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM »
Hi to all,

Josh888

This was a post of mine regarding a comparison between a pv8 and the S400, revised for PV80. (revisions are underlined to mark difference/s from original post)

"We have both the PV8 and the Sony, let me give you a run down sir tapos pili lalang kayo.

Blu-ray

Sony at 1080p vs Panny at 1080p

-Panasonic will give you better colors
-Sony with it's full hd panel will give you "crisper" details
-Sony's 24/p playback is better than the PV8 so you'll get smoother motion (provided source like PS3 has 1080p/24p activated)
-Panasonic's higher panel contrast and better screen uniformity will give you better blacks, while with Sony you'll get a few "grayish" spots.

Advantage: Panasonic

DVD

Sony at 1080p vs Panny at 720p

-Panasonic gives better all around performance over Sony when it comes to "upscaled" dvd performance. The smoother picture definition of plasma seems to be the best choice for dvd usage.

PS3

Sony at 1080p vs Panny at 1080p/720p

-Sony delivers a more 3-D, a more digitized look for games which I prefer. When it comes to games where pixel and polygon counts are very important, a true FULL HD panel stands out with better definition and finer details.

Advantage: Sony

Cable

-No dice PV8 shines and beats the Sony with very little to no pixelation.

Ayan sir pili lalang kayo, both "entry level" units are very good it's just that one is better than the other in certain areas.

Good choices sir, at days end panalo pa din kayo regardless of what you get."

I'll refine this post later for a direct comparison with my PV80 as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2009 at 01:51 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline aiksgt

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Mar 23, 2009 at 08:29 PM »
mga sir may upconverting ako na DVD player na panasonic na up to 1080p. question, i have a 50pv80 can i feed a 1080p signal to it kahit HD ready lang sya?

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Mar 23, 2009 at 09:37 PM »
mga sir may upconverting ako na DVD player na panasonic na up to 1080p. question, i have a 50pv80 can i feed a 1080p signal to it kahit HD ready lang sya?

Yes.

Offline aiksgt

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM »
Yes.

if kaya ng PV80 then why it is still HD ready and not Full HD?

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM »
if kaya ng PV80 then why it is still HD ready and not Full HD?

Sir this was explained in one of the older threads. I'll try to look for it then post it here.

Offline mart

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 09:51 PM »
Meron po during the sale period. I'll have to clarify kung this was extended to customers who purchased on none sale dates.

Hi SnS, i'm still looking forward for your clarification with regards with the hdmi cable. I bought my unit last
March 15, 2009. Thanks

Offline Reply_SnS

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM »
Hi SnS, i'm still looking forward for your clarification with regards with the hdmi cable. I bought my unit last
March 15, 2009. Thanks

Hello, sir this is about the free hdmi cable. Free po for all T.V purchases. Call shop to avail of it.

Thanks.

Offline Bolshoie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 06:28 PM »
Sir this was explained in one of the older threads. I'll try to look for it then post it here.

Ill assume that the PV80 is just up to 1080i right, if ever kaya mag accept ng signal na 1080p it might not mean na 1080p nga yung nilalabas na resolution, malamang dinodowngrade nya yung signal from 1080p to 1080i/720p without you knowing.So if you use a 1080p signal try pressing the recall button on your tv's remote.It will show you the resolution its using

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 03:13 AM »
Ill assume that the PV80 is just up to 1080i right, if ever kaya mag accept ng signal na 1080p it might not mean na 1080p nga yung nilalabas na resolution, malamang dinodowngrade nya yung signal from 1080p to 1080i/720p without you knowing.So if you use a 1080p signal try pressing the recall button on your tv's remote.It will show you the resolution its using

I'm no expert, and I have no empirical data to support my assertion, save for the fact that I got to check out the pv80 side by side with other same-sized plasma's and LCD's.  I have to say that although "downgrade" is technically accurate, I found this PV80's PQ to be better. Saw no visible loss in detail at all.  Also, there was a PV8 beside a Sony 40 S series, and though the Sony's black was deeper, the PV8's black allowed for more detail. the units were all playing a replay of the Oscars, and I used the presenter's tuxedo/suit as point of comparison.  Though the Sony's rendering of the suit was a deeper black, the PV8's suit had several creases that you simply could not spot on the Sony.  But maybe it's just me  :P
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline aiksgt

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 02:21 PM »

I've checked it and it showed me 1080p.

Offline froilansurot

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 03:39 PM »

hi guys

recently bought this kind of unit 42pv80... and it was astonishing!!

problema ko lang, the room that i placed, the tv is just around 6 to 7 feet from where im siting (viewing position)

syempre excited, watched dvd, played ps3 for several hours

sbrang sumakit mata ko, deep under my eyes..

could it be na:

-masyado lang ako nagbabad
      - di pa lang sanay mata ko sa plasma
      - or talagang malaki masyado and 42 in if used in a distance of only 6 or seven feet

really appreciate ur inputs

thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009 at 03:40 PM by froilansurot »

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 04:01 PM »
  hi guys

problema ko lang, the room that i placed, the tv is just around 6 to 7 feet from where im siting (viewing position)

could it be na:

- or talagang malaki masyado and 42 in if used in a distance of only 6 or seven feet

really appreciate ur inputs

thanks

Same here bro, that's also my viewing distance and wall mounted kaya mas mataas ng konti, no eyestrain or whatsoever... medyo sakit lang sa batok, mataas kasi pagkaka-wall mount e, hehehe ;D ;D ;D
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 04:58 PM »
  hi guys

could it be na:

He he he.  May IMAGE RETENTION ba sa mata mo even if you close your eyes?  Nakikita mo yung rectangular shape ng TV pero black pag pikit mo?   Meron diba?   

Yes, masyado kang nagbabad.  Matinding culprit ang PS3 kase halos di ka kumukurap non.
Yes, di pa lang sanay mata mo sa laki ng image
No, oks lang ang 42 inch from 6 to 7 feet.   Pareho lang tayo ng distance but I use 50 inch.  Masasanay ka rin soon.

Pero I wouldnt even think of wall mounting from that distance, unless "low wall-mounted".  Sasakit nga batok mo like Mr. Reynold.   ;D  Kung mataas and wall mount, either you use a high chair or you stand up while watching.   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009 at 05:00 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 06:21 PM »
He he he.  May IMAGE RETENTION ba sa mata mo even if you close your eyes?  Nakikita mo yung rectangular shape ng TV pero black pag pikit mo?   Meron diba?   

Yes, masyado kang nagbabad.  Matinding culprit ang PS3 kase halos di ka kumukurap non.
Yes, di pa lang sanay mata mo sa laki ng image
No, oks lang ang 42 inch from 6 to 7 feet.   Pareho lang tayo ng distance but I use 50 inch.  Masasanay ka rin soon.

Pero I wouldnt even think of wall mounting from that distance, unless "low wall-mounted".  Sasakit nga batok mo like Mr. Reynold.   ;D  Kung mataas and wall mount, either you use a high chair or you stand up while watching.   ;D ;D

could be even our own eyes plasma din, may IR eh. ;D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 06:47 PM »

Thats why i'll put my tv on a rack, ipon pa para sa magandang TV Rack, para eye level pag nakaupo ako sa sofa, di na kailangan ng High Chair, hehehe ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009 at 06:48 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline mart

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Mar 27, 2009 at 09:43 PM »
Hello, sir this is about the free hdmi cable. Free po for all T.V purchases. Call shop to avail of it.

Thanks.
Hello SnS, thanks for clarifying this hdmi issue. Sana lang it was included in the delivery of my unit. Kasi i asked the persons
delivering it kung me kasama hdmi, since my purchase included also a sony htib, they said hindi daw. Nobody informed me
also when i was buying it. I was forced to buy an hdmi cable tuloy, sayang din yung 700 pesos. Anyway, thanks for clarifying
it again. I'm sure this is just a miscommunication. I will just get mine siguro during the calibration. Kaya guys, if your are planning to buy t.v. from SnS, hindi lang free hdmi cable ang makukuha ninyo, kundi excellent service din especially kay Sir Vic Chua.

Offline froilansurot

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Mar 30, 2009 at 04:06 PM »

ah ok...
            thanks Clondalkin and others for ur adv and inputs.. than ks

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2183
« Reply #297 on: Mar 30, 2009 at 06:06 PM »
Is the SD slot of PV80 only for jpeg/photo reader? Any other use for it?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline SpoonEK9

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Apr 01, 2009 at 12:41 AM »
Is the SD slot of PV80 only for jpeg/photo reader? Any other use for it?

yes sir pang photo view lang siya.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 12:01 PM »

Sinasabi natin na ang 50PV80 ay HD-ready lang kasi ang native resolution ng panel nya ay 720p lang.  Para masabi natin na ang isang panel ay full HD, dapat ang native resolution ng panel nya ay 1080p.

Now, your question is bakit "yes" pa rin sa 50PV80 ang 1080p signal?  Kasi, HD-ready na nga sya which means that tatanggapin pa rin nya ang 1050p signal pero ido-down scale muna nya ito to 720p to meet the display's native resolution which is 720p only.  May konting degradation sa signal quality during the downscaling process, though its hardly noticeable to untrained eyes.  That is why, if budget permits, it is still better to buy full hd panels to get full potential of bluray contents which is 1080p source to 1080p display.

But you have to try first which one has a better scaler; your dvd player or your PV80?

1.  To test your dvd player's scaler, set it's output to 720p.  At this setting, your dvd player will deinterlace the native 480i dvd signal to 480p and upscale it to 720p.  The PV80 will simply accept and display the signal without doing any rescaling since the signal already matches the panel's native resolution.
2.  To test your PV80's scaler, set your dvd player's output to 420p.  At this setting, your dvd player will deinterlace the native 480i dvd signal to 480p without doing any upscaling of the signal.  Your PV80 will accept and upscale the signal to 720p to match its panel's native resolution.
Use the same video material for testing and compare which of the two settings will give a better picture quality.  In my case I'm using Pioneer DV600 dvd player and 42PV70, and I found out that my 42PV70 has better scaler than my DV600 dvd player.

It is not recommended to set your dvd player to 1080p because you will have multiple signal rescaling that will result to more degraded signal quality.  At this setting, your dvd player will deinterlace and upscale the dvd signal to 1080p, then your PV80 will dowscale it again to 720p to match the display's native resolution.

:)
"If you love life, life will love you back."