Author Topic: Dared MP-15 and VP-16  (Read 4595 times)

Offline schlamm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dared MP-15 and VP-16
« on: Aug 04, 2008 at 10:20 PM »
i have my sights on these two tube amps. i am a newbie in the tube world so bear with me and i would really appreciate the advice you could think of for my first set. sights & sounds were very compliant with my request to audition these tubes when i have the time.

what do you think of these tubes for my B&W DM602S3? i have heard the MP-15 with the B&W CM1 and the sound made my face split in half with a smile. no subs for the low frequencies, i was amazed. what materials will i play with my future tube amp, i like all the genres out there so i guess i won't be having a difficult time to enjoy my music with this. if ever i have that craving for low frequencies from some of the latest tunes out there i will connect this with my sub.

i need some advice also on where to find other tube amps that are sold here, i'm still keeping my options open...

both are 18wpc and i also saw some monoblock tube amps, are these any good than this?

thanks in advance!

Offline jpeg

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • I don't care what you think...
  • Liked:
Re: Dared MP-15 and VP-16
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 10:40 PM »
You could check out the BADA hybrid amp. IMO It matches well with my B&W 601S3. You could also audition the new tube integrated amp by BADA. Uses EL34 35wpc. Looks great!!!

Cayin also has good built and looks. Audition as much as you can. Try bringing your speakers with you when auditioning. Better yet, home audition if allowed by your dealer.

Good luck!

Jason
Rega DAC, SVS MBS 01,  Bada DC-222, B&W 705/HTM7, Denon 3300

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 04:42 AM »
this may be of help.

audio amplified - cayin tube amps

2nd Flr. madison square,
libis, quezon city
tel. # 3955115

the home theater - bada tube amps

unit G8, ground flr, prince tower,
tordesillas corner bautista salcedo village, makati city.
tel. #8125235

kinetic audio - amx tube amps

2nd flr robinsons mall EDSA
corner pioneer mandaluyong
tel. #7103432.

and sights and sounds at shangri-la for the dared amps!

thanks!
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 04:43 AM by JohnE. »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 08:26 AM »

i need some advice also on where to find other tube amps that are sold here, i'm still keeping my options open...

Bro, in addition to the A/V shops mentioned by bro John, you can also check out WATT HIFI, located at the basement of Makati Cinema Square ---- Tel No. 811-1883 ---- you can look for Amiel or Elmo. They also sell Dared & Cayin Tube Amps.

You can also audition the Cayin A-50T (35wpc; with EL-34s). My 602s3 is driven by the referenced amp and am very satisfied with its performance. Watt Hifi has the A-50T available for audition, should you have the time. HTH  :D 
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 11:13 AM »
Cayin amps are available at:

Sights and Sounds, Shangri-la
Watt Hi-Fi, Makati Cinema
Mang Rene, Cash & Carry
Hi Fi Lounge, Alabang
Spectra, Park Square
Toyama, West Ave.
Ferdie Ludo, Cebu
Innovative Audio, Bacolod

Audio Amplified, Libis  www.audioamplified.com

Feel free to test them out at your nearest showroom or suking tindahan.  Thanks.

Offline schlamm

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 10:08 PM »
thank you, all. now i need some time management to visit all, if not some, of the mentioned stores :)

i really appreciate the help.

Offline schlamm

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:54 AM »
I got the Cayin A-50T, i have auditioned the Cayin A-50T, Dared MP-15 and VP-16.

The VP-16 sounded thin beside the MP-15 and the A-50T . Clarity wise, both Dared amps are good but the Cayin is better not to mention the excellent soundstage, I was in for a treat when they hooked-up the Cayin amp. My B&W DM602S3 sounds so good that I was floored to hear them thumping on bass notes w/o a sub. The MP-15's low frequency quality was absolutely nice, it made my speaker thumped louder than the A-50T, I guess bigger tubes have its advantages (KT88 on MP-15 while EL34 on Cayin A-50T) but I leaned towards the Cayin despite the price tag.

I'm fearing that my Velo sub won't be hooked-up again after hearing how a pair of speakers sound so well w/o it.

By the way, can I have my A-50T upgraded to use KT88 tubes when I find myself wanting more bass or should I get also the MP-15 if I want "ooomph" for my music collection?

PS: I also had the chance to try out a BADA tube quality amp which isn't a true tube amp since it uses tubes for its pre-amp stage and the rest are I think solid-state.

Thanks to Sights and Sounds btw for their excellent customer service :)

Offline jpeg

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • I don't care what you think...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase.

You should have auditioned the Cayin A55T if you wanted KT88 tubes.

I believe you only auditioned the BADA Hybrid amp and not their Integrated tube amps with EL34 or KT 88 tubes for the power section.

Enjoy your new toy. :)

Jason
Rega DAC, SVS MBS 01,  Bada DC-222, B&W 705/HTM7, Denon 3300

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM »
I got the Cayin A-50T, i have auditioned the Cayin A-50T, Dared MP-15 and VP-16.

The VP-16 sounded thin beside the MP-15 and the A-50T . Clarity wise, both Dared amps are good but the Cayin is better not to mention the excellent soundstage, I was in for a treat when they hooked-up the Cayin amp. My B&W DM602S3 sounds so good that I was floored to hear them thumping on bass notes w/o a sub. The MP-15's low frequency quality was absolutely nice, it made my speaker thumped louder than the A-50T, I guess bigger tubes have its advantages (KT88 on MP-15 while EL34 on Cayin A-50T) but I leaned towards the Cayin despite the price tag.

I'm fearing that my Velo sub won't be hooked-up again after hearing how a pair of speakers sound so well w/o it.

By the way, can I have my A-50T upgraded to use KT88 tubes when I find myself wanting more bass or should I get also the MP-15 if I want "ooomph" for my music collection?

PS: I also had the chance to try out a BADA tube quality amp which isn't a true tube amp since it uses tubes for its pre-amp stage and the rest are I think solid-state.

Thanks to Sights and Sounds btw for their excellent customer service :)

The Cayin A50 can be converted from EL34 to KT-88 tubes with a change of just one resistor.  We can do it for you and at the same time continue the warranty for the unit.  However, EL34 is a very capable tube given that you are using bookshelf speakers.  If you want better bass you can use 6CA7.  Its an EL34 equivalent so no change is needed.  In the mean time i suggest you tube roll the pre-amp tubes.  They are far more important that the power tubes since the pre dictates the characteristic of the amp :)  Try some NOS tubes for the pre.  Mundorf also increases soundstage and bass when you are ready to make that upgrade.

enjoy your new system and thanks for choosing our product.