Author Topic: Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55  (Read 9936 times)

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55
« on: Aug 13, 2008 at 07:40 AM »
Blu-ray Players

When it comes to high definition, Blu-ray technology is the future.  One of Panasonic’s Blu-ray players is a must-have for the high-def techie on your holiday gift list.  Both the DMP-BD35 and the DMP-BD55 players incorporate the new UniPhier® processor which reproduces crisp, natural colours faithful to the original movie.  Brilliant images are complemented by an exceptionally pure, accurate sound achieved through leading-edge sound technologies.  Both players also incorporate a high capacity SD card slot for easy AVCHD Video and JPEG image viewing.

In addition to the above, both models have the capability to connect to BD-Live™ via an Ethernet terminal to give users the ability to network and download additional website content onto an SD memory card for additional entertainment enjoyment.

The DMPBD55 focuses additional attention to audio performance with the addition of 7.1 analogue outputs, audio grade components and isolation feet to reduce the effects of vibration.

Pricing available upon request.

http://www.photoxels.com/pr-panasonic-holiday-gift-guide-2008.html

« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2008 at 07:53 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline gisan925

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 07:57 AM »
ito ANG PAMASKO! ;)
Onkyo875 PV80 MA RS6  BD55 Pio610 RA03 Azur 640C Yaqin MC10T

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 07:40 PM »
New Panasonic Blu-ray Players to be Announced at CEDIA

On September 3rd, Panasonic will announce the addition of two more Blu-ray Disc players to their already impressive high definition arsenal. The Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55 will both feature an updated version of the UniPhier® video processor as well as an Ethernet port for BD-Live compatibility.

The DMP-BD55 will focus on audio reproduction with the addition of 8-channel analog audio outs (the DMP-BD50 only has 6-channel), high quality audio components, and isolation feet to reduce the effects of vibration.

Pricing and availability is expected has yet to be announced, but we expect that both players will be available this holiday season at a premium over the existing (and short supplied) DMP-BD30 and DMP-BD50.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1655

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 07:44 AM »
Panasonic DMP-BD35 & DMP-BD55 Blu-ray players officially official, still unpriced

Say hello to the successors of the short-lived Panasonic DMP-BD50, the new DMP-BD35 (above) and DMP-BD55 (after the break) check off every feature we can think of for a new Blu-ray player, complete with a slim profile (49mm high on the BD35) and hopefully low, low price thanks to a 45nm 3rd-generation UniPhier processor. Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD MA audio support, with internal decoding or bitstreamed output in full 7.1 (plus 7.1 analog audio outs on the DMP-BD55) on top of fully BD-Live / Profile 2.0 compatible hardware finally promise no-compromise hardware for Blu-ray buyers. Release dates and pricing information? Your guess is as good as ours, for now.DMP-BD55:

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2008 at 08:03 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
MY TWO CENTS - 9/18/08 - by Digital Bits editor Bill Hunt

Well, I had an interesting day yesterday (which explains the absence of a post). I attended Panasonic's media day up at Universal City yesterday afternoon, where they offered demonstrations and more information about their forthcoming new Blu-ray Disc players, the DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55. Both will be fully profile 2.0/BD-Live compatible right out of the box, and will street sometime next month. Panny employees at the event couldn't discuss pricing, but Video Business is reporting that the BD35 will carry an SRP of around $399, while the BD55 will be $499 - surprisingly reasonable given the quality upgrades and features. Both feature a number of refinements over the already excellent BD30 and BD50 models, including a new 3rd generation UniPhier proprietary chip set that removes the encoder (not needed for players), enhances chroma and 4:4:4 processing, and offers additional improvements to the previous P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) processing for 1080p. Additionally, these players feature improved 1080p upconversion for standard DVD signals and they're compatible with all high-resolution audio formats, able to internally decode Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. The BD55 offers additional audio functionality, including enhanced high-end audio quality via HDMI, as well as offering a set of analog 7.1 outputs. The HDMI outputs are 1.3a Deep Color compatible. And this was a surprise - something I really appreciate as an eco-minded person (and I'd like to see ALL manufacturers follow suit): Both players consume 20% less energy than BD30 and BD50.

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 03:01 AM »
For sure this will be a best seller just like the BD30

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 09:56 AM »
With these new models coming out, I'm sure the older models such as the BD30 will have its price drop. 

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 04:05 PM »
With these new models coming out, I'm sure the older models such as the BD30 will have its price drop. 

$276 nalang ang BD30 sa Amazon  ;D

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 07:55 AM »
WOW...introductory MSRP price of only US$299. With holiday discount, this thing could drop to US$200. And you get more advance features including profile 2.0 ;D ;D ;D

Panasonic DMP-BD35 BD-Live Blu-ray Player for $299 (DMP-BD35K)

Just when we got excited about seeing Panasonic's fourth generation top of the line player (the DMP-BD55) available for pre-order for $399, Amazon and Panasonic have outdone themselves offering its little brother, the new BD-Live-enabled DMP-BD35 model for $299.  Both players feature the same advanced Uniphier video processor with PHL Plus chroma processing as well as on-board decoding of next generation high bit rate audio codecs (e.g., Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio). 

The two major differences between the BD55 and the BD35 (also known as the DMP-BD35K) are that the BD35 does not include support for DivX file playback, nor does it have a multi-channel analog audio output.  If you don't know or care what DivX files are and if you have a receiver or preamp/processor with HDMI audio support, then the BD35 is the player for you. 

Here's the link to pre-order the BD35 on amazon for $299.95 with free super saver shipping

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GAOYCS?tag=websearchengi-20&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B001GAOYCS&creative=373489&camp=211189

In terms of features, the BD35 offers support for BonusView and BD-Live, using the integrated SD/SDHC card reader for storage of downloaded BD-Live content (requires an optional SD or SDHC card).  It also supports all of the HBR (High Bit Rate) surround sound codecs including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio.  Since the BD35 does not include a multi-channel analog output, support for the HBR codecs is strictly via HDMI output.  It can pass the raw bistream or decode these advanced lossless codecs to multi-channel L-PCM. This means that any Audio/Video receiver with HDMI audio support will play nicely with the BD35. 

If you have an older receiver or preamp/processor with no HDMI (but with multi-channel analog inputs), then you'd be better off ordering the BD55, but the rest of us can save a hundred clams and pick-up the BD35 instead.

We've seen an early demo of the DMP-BD35 and it looks like it offers even better video performance than its predecessors, the DMP-BD50 and DMP-BD30 so pre-order it now before they jack up the price! 

DMP-BD35K Key Features

-BD-Live: Enjoy Additional Content via Internet (requires optional SD card)
-PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
-High Precision 4:4:4 color processing: Experience the original movie quality with color detail restored for every single pixel
-P4HD: Advanced Picture Processing for 1080p (including 1080p/24 output for Blu-ray and standard DVD)
-On-board decoding or bitstreaming of 5.1 and 7.1-channel high bit rate audio including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio (via HDMI output only)
-96Hz Surround Re-Master
-VIERA Link™: Control All of Your AV Devices With One Remote
-SD Memory Card Slot: Enjoy Precious Memories in HD (Photos and Video)   

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2008 at 07:59 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 12:47 PM »
$299?!?!?!?! It begins!, even the top of the line BD-55 at $399 is already something, remember the brand new price of the BD30 before? lols

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 05:33 PM »
These two will be the stand alone BD players to beat this holiday. Even the older BD-30 and BD-50 will be smothered by the pricing... :P :P :P Why settle for older players with only US$20 difference?
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2008 at 05:35 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 07:50 AM »
http://reviews.cnet.com/video-players-and-recorders/panasonic-dmp-bd55/4505-6463_7-33248633.html?tag=mncol;txt

Product summary

The good:
 Excellent image quality on Blu-ray Discs; Profile 2.0 compliant; onboard decoding for all high-resolution soundtrack formats, plus bit stream output; 7.1 analog-audio outputs.

The bad:
 PlayStation 3 offers much more functionality and faster navigation for the same price.

The bottom line:
 The Panasonic DMP-BD55 is the best standalone Blu-ray we've tested and it's a good choice for those with older receivers, but most people will get the same performance out of the cheaper DMP-BD35.

« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2008 at 07:54 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 02:32 PM »
Panny has done it again :D isip isip

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 03:10 PM »
BD50 ($599.99) is even more expensive than BD55 ($399.99) at Circuit City  ???

Offline wanderer

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 07:46 AM »
The BD55 is very much affordable at $399 at the same price with the high-end upscaler OPPO 983H. It now brings me to this dilemma: should I now preorder the BD55 and go Blu-ray and start a BR collection (which is still expensive) or retain and continue my regular dvd collection and go with the OPPO 983.

Sigh. Either/or or BOTH  ;D

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #15 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:40 AM »
The BD55 is very much affordable at $399 at the same price with the high-end upscaler OPPO 983H. It now brings me to this dilemma: should I now preorder the BD55 and go Blu-ray and start a BR collection (which is still expensive) or retain and continue my regular dvd collection and go with the OPPO 983.

Sigh. Either/or or BOTH  ;D

Sir if you can afford to buy BD titles then I suggest you buy the bd player now and start collecting ;) But if you cant collect bd bec of its price then just stick with sd collecting and ONLY BUY THE OPPO WHEN YOU REALLY NEED A NEW DVD PLAYER, otherwise just be contented with what you got in the meantime ;) :)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 01:12 PM »
Sir if you can afford to buy BD titles then I suggest you buy the bd player now and start collecting ;) But if you cant collect bd bec of its price then just stick with sd collecting and ONLY BUY THE OPPO WHEN YOU REALLY NEED A NEW DVD PLAYER, otherwise just be contented with what you got in the meantime ;) :)

I couldn't agree more!!! :D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 09:11 PM »

you said it sir angelo!  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2008 at 05:05 AM by iiinas »

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:30 PM »
you said sir angelo!  ;D

basta si syoti ayos yan

He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline wanderer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 07, 2008 at 10:52 AM »

Thanks for the advice Sir. My old but reliable Philips DVD player has been there for roughly 3-4 years. So I really think its time for a change. I just got myself a new plasma TV so I might as well go all the way and go for a worthwhile upgrade.

Appreciate the advice and insight.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2008 at 05:42 PM »
Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blu-ray Disc Player
Test Report

soundandvisionmag

Snapshot
Panasonic’s newest player delivers all of the Blu-ray format’s many features, and its excellent performance and reasonable price make it a great buy
Plus
• Speedy operation
• Crisp, clean upconversion of regular DVDs
• Slim profile
Minus
• Confusing audio-setup options
Key Features
• BD Profile 2.0-compliant
• 1080p/24-fps video output
• Onboard Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
• SD card slot for JPEG or AVCHD playback
• Outputs: HDMI 1.3, component-, composite-, and S-video; optical/
coaxial digital audio, 7.1-channel
analog audio, stereo analog audio
• 17 x 9 ½ x 2 in, 5 ¾ lb 

PERFORMANCE

The player’s upconversion of regular DVDs was also very impressive. It passed all of the tough upconversion tests on the Silicon Optix HQV DVD with the exception of the Assorted Cadence test. Compared with other high-def disc and upconverting DVD players I’ve handled, its performance here rivals, if not exceeds, the best of them.

BOTTOM LINE

My past reluctance to recommend a specific Blu-ray player was based on one key point: There were too few models that delivered all of the format’s capabilities. But now comes Pansasonic’s DMP-BD55, a Profile 2.0 BD-Live-capable player with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, HDMI 1.3 and 7.1-channel analog outputs, and more. Panasonic’s $399 player also delivers both excellent audio and video performance with Blu-ray Discs and stellar upconversion of regular DVDs. My assessment of the DMP-BD55? Highly recommended.

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2008 at 05:45 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 08, 2008 at 06:28 PM »
Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blu-ray Disc Player
Test Report

soundandvisionmag

Snapshot
Panasonic’s newest player delivers all of the Blu-ray format’s many features, and its excellent performance and reasonable price make it a great buy
Plus
• Speedy operation
• Crisp, clean upconversion of regular DVDs
• Slim profile
Minus
• Confusing audio-setup options
Key Features
• BD Profile 2.0-compliant
• 1080p/24-fps video output
• Onboard Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
• SD card slot for JPEG or AVCHD playback
• Outputs: HDMI 1.3, component-, composite-, and S-video; optical/
coaxial digital audio, 7.1-channel
analog audio, stereo analog audio
• 17 x 9 ½ x 2 in, 5 ¾ lb 

PERFORMANCE

The player’s upconversion of regular DVDs was also very impressive. It passed all of the tough upconversion tests on the Silicon Optix HQV DVD with the exception of the Assorted Cadence test. Compared with other high-def disc and upconverting DVD players I’ve handled, its performance here rivals, if not exceeds, the best of them.

BOTTOM LINE

My past reluctance to recommend a specific Blu-ray player was based on one key point: There were too few models that delivered all of the format’s capabilities. But now comes Pansasonic’s DMP-BD55, a Profile 2.0 BD-Live-capable player with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, HDMI 1.3 and 7.1-channel analog outputs, and more. Panasonic’s $399 player also delivers both excellent audio and video performance with Blu-ray Discs and stellar upconversion of regular DVDs. My assessment of the DMP-BD55? Highly recommended.

And same price of oppo 983 lang ;) naka HD ka na :o

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 08, 2008 at 09:24 PM »
hay naku, SARS na naman lols

Offline wanderer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 09:56 AM »
And same price of oppo 983 lang ;) naka HD ka na :o

napapanaginipan ko nga lately na magkatabi sa tv rack ko parehas ang OPPO 983 and BD-55.  ;D

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #24 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 10:01 AM »
napapanaginipan ko nga lately na magkatabi sa tv rack ko parehas ang OPPO 983 and BD-55.  ;D

Sir order mo na.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 10:57 AM »

Yan ang tama para sarap na tulog ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 02:40 PM »
Yan ang tama para sarap na tulog ;D

hindi kaya hindi na matulog kakapanood ng BD  ;D magkano kaya ito sa Black Friday Sale  ;)

Offline wanderer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 08:02 AM »

Allan talaga oh..... makakaabot din ba sa 3rd week of Nov?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 09:21 AM »
Allan talaga oh..... makakaabot din ba sa 3rd week of Nov?  ;D ;D ;D
Pwede sir kung intayin natin oct 28 pa yata ang release date kaso mga december na yun dadating. Yun Oppo sir mga oct 15 cguro nasa brother ko na yun tapos pa pack ko na sa kanya para ma ship na agad... Update ko kayo pag intransit na to manila tapos mga 24 to 30 days dito na yun manila..
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM »
Whoa I'm drooling now whether there is a REAL need to upgrade from my PS3.  ;D