Author Topic: Let me help you obtain your favorite DVD Titles in the USA  (Read 5846 times)

Offline zeromike22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Let me help you obtain your favorite, latest, or hard to find dvd titles in the USA and receive it guaranteed in 12 days or less...

you can browse at any U.S. online retailer and tell me the titles you want. I will then calculate the price and shipping cost. Shipping cost is at a minimum of $29.95 1rst pound and $3.95 succeeding pound..  Don't worry bout customs. I'll take care of it...Also the shipment will have a tracking number to monitor the status in real time. I'm also transparent. To those interested please purchase a minimum of 3 dvds to maximize on shipping cost.You can shop on multiple online retailers and still saved on shipping cost coz i will consolidate all international shipment.. I will only add a minimum amount for my talent fee. hehehehe

good dvd online retailers include deepdiscountdvd, barnes and noble, blockbuster.com, www.ebay.com to name a few .. I've been purchasing at online US retailers for more than a year already.. There are a lot of things we want that is not available locally...

you can also let me help you search on hard to find titles...

i have 100% feedbacks in another forum in mtc and tipidpc.. Just wanna help you people...

lets start..

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 04:22 AM by zeromike22 »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Let me help you obtain your favorite DVD Titles in the USA
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 07:23 AM »
Johnny Air Cargo charges $6/lb + $5 handling fee..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 03:07 PM »

;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 03:30 PM by Moks007 »

Offline zeromike22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 08:10 PM »
Then thats good that johnny air charges $6 per pound.... But do the shipment have a tracking number?? What about transit time?? ... What about taxes?? :):) ..  I can modify my shipment so as to bypass taxes.

If johnny air is that efficient then why is it complains are everywhere?? ...  HOnestly I really don't know how to use their service .

why won't you pay a few hundred pesos more with the guarantee that your order will arrive compared to getting some savings but with a risky mode of shipment? . I think that is a simple logic..

One more thing,Johnny air's  tracking system is always "page under construction" for more than a year already..

I'm using fedex... :)
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM by zeromike22 »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 12:49 AM »
Then thats good that johnny air charges $6 per pound.... But do the shipment have a tracking number?? What about transit time?? ... What about taxes?? :):) ..  I can modify my shipment so as to bypass taxes.

If johnny air is that efficient then why is it complains are everywhere?? ...  HOnestly I really don't know how to use their service .

why won't you pay a few hundred pesos more with the guarantee that your order will arrive compared to getting some savings but with a risky mode of shipment? . I think that is a simple logic..

One more thing,Johnny air's  tracking system is always "page under construction" for more than a year already..

I'm using fedex... :)

so easy to use their service bro.  just read the thread on Johnny Air Cargo in this forum..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 01:22 AM »
I have been using JAC for more than 3 years...not a single complaint. Usually I'll get my package within 10-14 days & no tax.  ;)

This post has no intention to undermine the OP intention. His service could be an alternative esp for those who had bad experience with JAC (anyone so far?) :)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 at 07:54 AM by pchin »

Offline zeromike22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 02:56 AM »
ah ok thats good.. but i still prefer using fedex than johnny air....  Nice to know that the 2 of you have good experiences with johnny air. You are the few roses among the thorns but i've known quite a number of people who were dissatisfied with jac's service in one way or another..

I might try johnny air again soon but i really love fedex even thou it charges around 600 pesos more. Convenient plus it have a tracking number.

I'm here not to compare fedex and johnny air but to help pinoydvd users obtain their favorite dvds at a minimal price..

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 06:56 AM »
I don't really need to track my packages since I'm confident in the services of JAC..  ;D ;D ;D  But then againn each to his own...

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 07:21 AM »
ah ok thats good.. but i still prefer using fedex than johnny air....  Nice to know that the 2 of you have good experiences with johnny air. You are the few roses among the thorns but i've known quite a number of people who were dissatisfied with jac's service in one way or another..

Your statement is quite surprising. A lot of Pinoydvd members use JAC and I haven't heard any serious complaints. On the contrary, in general, all the Pinoydvd members I know love JAC.
If you read the dedicated thread here on JAC (in fact, you posted on that thread on March 3 so you must have read it), you will find quite the opposite of what you are saying, which is really surprising to me. People usually post complaints while they don't post praises. In the JAC thread, there are a lot of praises and hardly any complaints.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM »

I might try johnny air again soon but i really love fedex even thou it charges around 600 pesos more. Convenient plus it have a tracking number.

I'm here not to compare fedex and johnny air but to help pinoydvd users obtain their favorite dvds at a minimal price..

i have use johnny air too, and have no problems what so ever, no taxes too. i think the complains you are saying are from first time users of their service that were anxious on their first transaction with jac. i was also on my first but have since then been very comfortable with their service.

no problem for us that you are giving members here an alternative, but i think by charging $29.95 for the first pound against johnny air's $11 for first pound, you are roughly charging 3 times more. i think some of the members are just pointing this out to you so that you can maybe adjust your price to be more competitive.  :D

Offline zeromike22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 08:33 PM »
I don't really need to track my packages since I'm confident in the services of JAC..  ;D ;D ;D  But then againn each to his own...

exactly.. To each his own.

Your statement is quite surprising. A lot of Pinoydvd members use JAC and I haven't heard any serious complaints. On the contrary, in general, all the Pinoydvd members I know love JAC.
If you read the dedicated thread here on JAC (in fact, you posted on that thread on March 3 so you must have read it), you will find quite the opposite of what you are saying, which is really surprising to me. People usually post complaints while they don't post praises. In the JAC thread, there are a lot of praises and hardly any complaints.

I didn't push thru with the laptop shipment using johnny air...

I will try johnny air soon.. They have a branch near our home.  Once i am satisfied with their service then i might close this thread. But then again i love my shipment to have an international tracking number. This is the service that is lacking in  johnny air.

Fedex is so efficient. You get your package in 5 working days. It's a little expensive thou. .

I don't know if johnny air allows modification in it's shipment declaration so as to pay minimal or no taxes which i can do with fedex. I usually under-declare and mark as "gift" expensive electronics bought in the usa. This way you can save a lot on taxes.

i have use johnny air too, and have no problems what so ever, no taxes too. i think the complains you are saying are from first time users of their service that were anxious on their first transaction with jac. i was also on my first but have since then been very comfortable with their service.

no problem for us that you are giving members here an alternative, but i think by charging $29.95 for the first pound against johnny air's $11 for first pound, you are roughly charging 3 times more. i think some of the members are just pointing this out to you so that you can maybe adjust your price to be more competitive.  :D

$29.95 is not my price. It's the price given to me by fedex. $3.95 for succeeding pound plus the current fuel surcharge....

It's quite expensive thou but at least you know that your packages will arrive.

Will contact Johnny air and ask them regarding rates and other fees for expensive items like laptops and other electronics.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 at 08:38 PM by zeromike22 »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 08:49 PM »
exactly.. To each his own.

I didn't push thru with the laptop shipment using johnny air...

I will try johnny air soon.. They have a branch near our home.  Once i am satisfied with their service then i might close this thread. But then again i love my shipment to have an international tracking number. This is the service that is lacking in  johnny air.

Fedex is so efficient. You get your package in 5 working days. It's a little expensive thou. .

I don't know if johnny air allows modification in it's shipment declaration so as to pay minimal or no taxes which i can do with fedex. I usually under-declare and mark as "gift" expensive electronics bought in the usa. This way you can save a lot on taxes.

$29.95 is not my price. It's the price given to me by fedex. $3.95 for succeeding pound plus the current fuel surcharge....

Will contact Johnny air and ask them regarding rates and other fees for expensive items like laptops and other electronics.

As posted you don't pay additional taxes with JAC.. For laptops, rate is still $6/lb + $50 handling fee.. No tax pa rin..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 09:34 PM »

I guess that if you under-declare or mark as"gift" expensive electronics, that is a form of smuggling. Although remote, it may get you in trouble.

In the case of JAC, we don't really know what they do. We just pay and they deliver. Customs is their problem.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 11:23 PM »

as i said before, i am comfortable with jac's service, even when at times we have to wait a tad more, but its just me, and i wouldnt pay 3 times more just to get the stuff a few days earlier.  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM »
I guess that if you under-declare or mark as"gift" expensive electronics, that is a form of smuggling. Although remote, it may get you in trouble.
In the case of JAC, we don't really know what they do. We just pay and they deliver. Customs is their problem.

Totally agree.  Undervaluing or declaring something as a gift is the oldest trick in the book.  Mas mabuting you let the shipper deal with Customs as long as they can guarantee na dadating yung package sa Philippines intact. Ganon system ng mga balikbayan box shippers diba.

Best of luck to the OP anyway.

Offline devlin_waugh

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2008 at 12:01 PM »

It's quite expensive thou

How do you reconcile that with your claim to "help pinoydvd users obtain their favorite dvds at a minimal price.."? ???

Illogical much? So how are we going to get relatively cheaper items shipped to us from the US when we still have to pay for a courier service that's "quite expensive" and probably even pay you a minimal handling fee?

Aren't we better off using Fedex by ourselves? Unless you're not getting anything in return for your "service" which I really doubt because there's no such thing as a free lunch  ::)

Offline zeromike22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:54 AM »
As posted you don't pay additional taxes with JAC.. For laptops, rate is still $6/lb + $50 handling fee.. No tax pa rin..  ;D ;D ;D

i will try shipping laptop soon..

Is the $6/lb +$50 the existing rate for laptops? What about other electronics??

granting it's a 8 lb shipment, so it will be  6x8 =48 +50 = $98 xP44.50 = P4,361 . How do they compute fuel surcharge??

So is P4,361 all the amount i'll pay? no taxes and no hidden charges??  .. Just clarifying...

Don't know if you can put this in the smuggling category coz it's for personal use.

as i said before, i am comfortable with jac's service, even when at times we have to wait a tad more, but its just me, and i wouldnt pay 3 times more just to get the stuff a few days earlier.  ;D

To each his own bro. I  want my international shipment to have a tracking number. P600 pesos more approximately additional to your shipment is not that big. $29.95 is just the first pound.

Totally agree.  Undervaluing or declaring something as a gift is the oldest trick in the book.  Mas mabuting you let the shipper deal with Customs as long as they can guarantee na dadating yung package sa Philippines intact. Ganon system ng mga balikbayan box shippers diba.

Best of luck to the OP anyway.

Yes. Undervaluing, misdeclaring, and marking as "gift" were the oldest tricks use on international shipments.This is my style in my last 15 or more shipments since last year when I started my online shopping sprees.  For as long as you are not importing contrabands then i think it's ok. 

Why  pay the exact tax amount when we all know that it will just go to their (customs) pockets? I will only pay the exact tax amount once customs is out in the top 3 most corrupt gov't agencies here in the philippines.     

How do you reconcile that with your claim to "help pinoydvd users obtain their favorite dvds at a minimal price.."? ???

Illogical much? So how are we going to get relatively cheaper items shipped to us from the US when we still have to pay for a courier service that's "quite expensive" and probably even pay you a minimal handling fee?

Aren't we better off using Fedex by ourselves? Unless you're not getting anything in return for your "service" which I really doubt because there's no such thing as a free lunch  ::)

Cool bro.  ;)You're smoking.  :D :D :D

It's not that expensive coz you only have to pay an additional P600 more than jacs rates. Approximate calculations. With that amount you have the peace of mind of having an international tracking number that gets updated in real time. To each his own bro  ;) ;) . Some people love fedex. Others JAC. Some DHL.

That is why I will try using JAC soon. Their rates were quite good. I will be a JAC user once i'm satisfied with their service.

I have subscribe to a  virtual address in the USA bro. I really don't know the exact Fedex rate coz my rates were discounted already.  Usually  I purchase items at multiple online sites. 2 to 4 online sites at a time. Once all the items have arrives in my Virtual address, I will then schedule for one international shipment. My address have a "repackage option" free of charge. This way you can save on shipping cost. They will try to get the optimal shipping size and weight. I don't know if Jac do offer this service.

Regarding my minimal handling fee. Well let's see  ;D ;D ;D  I can give it for free  ::) ::) ;D. I love purchasing online actually. Along the way you can browse on  bargain items on multiple sites.

A sony w300 12mp camera cost P 18th to P 27th depending where you buy. It's more expensive in the provinces . I bought it at around 12,500 online including shipping.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 06:18 AM »
Don't know if you can put this in the smuggling category coz it's for personal use.

The definition of smuggling in the dictionary:

1. To import or export without paying lawful customs charges or duties.
2. To bring in or take out illicitly or by stealth.

Make your own conclusion.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 09:54 AM »

To each his own bro. I  want my international shipment to have a tracking number. P600 pesos more approximately additional to your shipment is not that big. $29.95 is just the first pound.

A sony w300 12mp camera cost P 18th to P 27th depending where you buy. It's more expensive in the provinces . I bought it at around 12,500 online including shipping.

you are right, it will be almost the same if the shipment is big like a laptop, but for me first pound is important, because i only buy discs.  ;)

regarding cameras, you can buy such cameras in baguio (tiong san) or in evangelista, quiapo for roughly the same discount and you have local warranty to boot.  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM »
Just have to appreciate the fact that many members of this board are quite savvy and resourceful when it comes to online international purchase.   You really have to offer something "innovative but cheap" to stir their interest.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM »

I have never experienced any lost packages yet with JAC (also I think nobody ever experience this yet with them). Ive been using their service 2 years na. They are super efficient and their system just rocks. No worries. I really love them. ;) Ya to each his own I guess. The mail system in USA is excellent, no need to worry about anything. Its a federal crime to steal a mail there.

Anyway good luck to the OP, whoever is the cheapest, most efficient, fastest and most transparent gets my nod ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM by Moks007 »

Offline devlin_waugh

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM »
well the guy just registered last Mar 03, 2008 so he's relatively a noob and hasn't been around much to (back)read about the site, its activities and members and how they have evolved through the years...

I'd rather he check how other merchants are selling their wares in the marketplace instead of suggesting something already (and still being done) by the PinoyDVD merchants and other enterprising members who occasioanally buy cheap DVD lots being sold in the US and have it shipped here through a very cost-efficient courier (or piggybacked on a relatives'/friends' balikbayan box), keep the titles they like then watch a few titles they don't like and eventually sell/auction them off again locally...

So after doing his (zeromike's) homework he can go figure out his own system...beside's he still has to gain the confidence of the members - one way of which is to make his presence known and sustain his activity on the boards...

Offline zeromike22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM »
The definition of smuggling in the dictionary:

1. To import or export without paying lawful customs charges or duties.
2. To bring in or take out illicitly or by stealth.

Make your own conclusion.

It's good if the taxes we are paying are put into good use and not inside their package..

you are right, it will be almost the same if the shipment is big like a laptop, but for me first pound is important, because i only buy discs.  ;)

regarding cameras, you can buy such cameras in baguio (tiong san) or in evangelista, quiapo for roughly the same discount and you have local warranty to boot.  ;D

mmmm Good suggestion but I live in CdeO . Cameras here were not bargain. The only way to get it cheap is buy online...  I'll try to go to the places you have suggest once nasa manila ako..

Just have to appreciate the fact that many members of this board are quite savvy and resourceful when it comes to online international purchase.   You really have to offer something "innovative but cheap" to stir their interest.

Nah I'm not here to promote whatever. Mine is just an alternative sana but since you have posted that many were quite savvy and resourceful then I guess that's it.

I'm using Johhny Air for my next shipment.. I'll try to compare

well the guy just registered last Mar 03, 2008 so he's relatively a noob and hasn't been around much to (back)read about the site, its activities and members and how they have evolved through the years...

I'd rather he check how other merchants are selling their wares in the marketplace instead of suggesting something already (and still being done) by the PinoyDVD merchants and other enterprising members who occasioanally buy cheap DVD lots being sold in the US and have it shipped here through a very cost-efficient courier (or piggybacked on a relatives'/friends' balikbayan box), keep the titles they like then watch a few titles they don't like and eventually sell/auction them off again locally...

So after doing his (zeromike's) homework he can go figure out his own system...beside's he still has to gain the confidence of the members - one way of which is to make his presence known and sustain his activity on the boards...

March 3.08 is just my registration date but i've been browsing this board for a long time already ..

You are right. I still have to gain the confidence of the members. I'm not so active here.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 05:30 PM »
Also, JetDVD, $20 for up to 7 disks; arrives in three days.