Author Topic: PLASMA MANUAL CALIBRATION NOT ALLOWED  (Read 17511 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
PLASMA MANUAL CALIBRATION NOT ALLOWED
« on: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
Panasonic Plasmas are of the highest quality and definitely the most Superior in PDP category!
Attention!!!
=> Manual calibration is not allowed..it will definitely VOID warranty!
        THOSE GIVING FREE CALIBRATION FOR PLASMAS ARE DEFINITELY NOT AUTHORIZED PANASONIC
        PHILIPPINES DEALERS..BEWARE!!!!!!!
=> Purchase only from authorized Panasonic Philippines dealers.
=> Never purchase from grey market dealers because our trademark Panasonic Philippines Customer    Service Satisfaction can't be availed.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
Re: PLASMA MANUAL CALIBRATION NOT ALLOWED
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 08:05 AM »
This belong in the Home Theater/display/flat panel section and the Home theater/General/Audio-Video Stores... :P
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 08:06 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 08:18 AM »
Panasonic Plasmas are of the highest quality and definitely the most Superior in PDP category!
Attention!!!
=> Manual calibration is not allowed..it will definitely VOID warranty!
        THOSE GIVING FREE CALIBRATION FOR PLASMAS ARE DEFINITELY NOT AUTHORIZED PANASONIC
=> Purchase only from authorized Panasonic Philippines dealers.
=> Never purchase from grey market dealers because our trademark Panasonic Philippines Customer    Service Satisfaction can't be availed.

good morning sir,

you may want to update this with the list of AUTHORIZED PANASONIC DEALERS.

thanks and regards.
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline jecr3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM »
hi. can you pm me the list of all authorized dealers of panasonic products sir? thanks.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM »
what do you mean by manual calibration? pls elaborate,
IMO using spyder tv calibration is scientific calibration, does this mean using some disks like DVE plus the blue filter is considered manual? pls correct me if im wrong.

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM »
HHHHMMMMMMM.......... ???  ???  ???
is this post credible?  ???  ???  ???

Offline surg

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:27 PM »
hindi ba spyder calibration is just putting something on the tv screen and attaching it to a computer? no opening or tinkering with the internal parts of the tv so why is it not allowed?  ???
Also, isn't it it's also a form of calibation when we adjust the settings e.g contrast, brightness, color, sharpness? ???

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 01:08 PM »
HHHHMMMMMMM.......... ???  ???  ???
is this post credible?  ???  ???  ???

I was wondering about that too,...

My pv70 was calibrated already, and wala silang ginalaw sa main menu ng TV, only adjusted the color, etc etc... Now how can that void the warranty..? I think the poster should elaborate kung anong klaseng calibration ang sinasabi niya,...

Cheers

ABC

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 01:20 PM »
As long as you only tinker with the user configurable settings for calibration (picture, brightness, hue, saturation, etc.) you do not void warranty.  I don't see any valid basis for this claim.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 01:34 PM »
Now how can that void the warranty..? I think the poster should elaborate kung anong klaseng calibration ang sinasabi niya,...

It's already clear that he has no credibility, so there's no need for further clarification.   ;)

Panasonic Plasmas are of the highest quality and definitely the most Superior in PDP category?  ... OK, whatever you say ...  :D

The logical conclusion is that you shouldn't buy from authorized Panasonic Philippines dealers.  Because if you do, you won't be able to calibrate your TV.  :D

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 01:43 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 01:52 PM »
It's already clear that he has no credibility, so there's no need for further clarification.   ;)

Panasonic Plasmas are of the highest quality and definitely the most Superior in PDP category?  ... OK, whatever you say ...  :D

The logical conclusion is that you shouldn't buy from authorized Panasonic Philippines dealers.  Because if you do, you won't be able to calibrate your TV.  :D

Sir malay nyo Pana phil po talaga yan.

Kaya lang sir di ba color calibration does not mean that you slap a "super chip" inside your T.V in order for it to perform better? The calibration proccess does not require you to open your T.V nor does it even require you to access the service menu. So could it really destroy your plasma or lcd? As far as I know, it's just a software aided form of adjusting the picture setting. Sir, your insights will really clear up this "manual calibration".

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:05 PM »
May i ask the one who started this thread: How would Panasonic Phils know if the tv had been calibrated by spyder? Hindi naman binuksan yun tv or may ginalaw sa loob

I think that whoever started this thread just want to ruin other people...and that's BAD! >:(

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:10 PM »
hmmm...actually this was also cross posted by Nemesis:

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=60748.3750
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952
« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:13 PM »
bad business sense. you create a product that has adjustments to ensure that the screen gives out the best picture in your room then by adjusting those parameters you subsequently void your warranty. no sense at all.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:22 PM »
Nemesis91 did mention on his Theaterworks thread that a Panasonic representative will join PDVD and monitor.  Odd way to start by flooding several sections with same post and assuming a "big Brother" stance.

I wonder what the motives are.  "Grey" units has always been here, even before the internet, even before PinoyDVD.  Manufacturer's Warranty seems to be not an issue to buyers as long as the seller gives another form of warranty.

Good luck to panaphil.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:24 PM »
Such a huge company... Will use the email service of yahoo...?  ???
Walang sariling server...? That is ODD....   ???  :o

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:30 PM »
haaay,....... basta yun pv70 ko nacalibrate na and masaya ko sa result dahil mas gumanda ang pq, and nun time na nagkaproblem pv70 ko pinalitan agad ng seller ko who calibrated my tv. now the replacement of my pv70 is calibrated again. ANG GANDA.... hindi naman na void warranty ko.

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:37 PM »
Such a huge company... Will use the email service of yahoo...?  ???
Walang sariling server...? That is ODD....   ???  :o

isa din ito sa napansin ko eh naka yahoo..? hehehe

i think this is nonsense. baka may gusto lang manira ng ilang AV stores kasi paano nga naman malalaman ng panasonic kung inadjust mo color settings tapos ibalik mo na lang sa default pag titignan nila. ANO YUN????  lokohan...

"Sorry Sir void na po warranty nyo kasi yung brightness dapat 50 lang eh ginawa nyong 51"

what would you do pag ganun ang sinabi sa inyo?

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:42 PM »
or baka naman ibig sabihin ng "Manual Calibration" is pag binuksan mo yung tv then may pipihitin ka sa loob na part para ma-adjust yung color..

or di kaya naman yung sinasabi nila na "SERVICE MENU"..

[email protected],

Pls elaborate to us kung ano ibig mong sabihin.... medyo malabo eh mukhang kailangan din i-calibrate yung sinabi mo, para luminaw...hehehe

Offline elkabong

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:49 PM »

Hmmmmmm !!!!! pano kaya to bibili pa naman sana ako ng 42" pana na bang 4 d bak tapos me kasama na libre calibration >:(
Samsung na lang  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 02:51 PM by elkabong »

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 03:15 PM »
I think that whoever started this thread just want to ruin other people...and that's BAD! >:(

my thoughts exactly. why would they bother plasma owners about manual calibration? Eh di naman natin ginagalaw yung internal parts nung tv. Purpose lang talaga ng thread na ito is to damage other shops' credibility. Basta ang alam ko authorized yung store na binibilhan ko yung may free spyder calibration. they replaced the defective LX77 i bought from them earlier this year, and they gave me a Panasonic philippines warranty card  :)   yung spyder calibration naman software lang yun eh. bakit naman magigiging bawal?

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 03:20 PM »
Also, isn't it it's also a form of calibation when we adjust the settings e.g contrast, brightness, color, sharpness? ???

Yeah i think this falls under "manual calibration". pano mo icacalibrate kung automatic? Kaya nga calibration eh, kinakapa mo. Pwera na lang pag yung internal thingies na ang ginalaw mo, yun dapat void.  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 03:32 PM by kelz »

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 03:58 PM »
For me, the only thing that would make sense is if the OP was referring to the Service Menu of the display. In general, you should be careful when you tweak the Service Menu because it may be possible to damage the unit if you tweak certain parameters.

Generally, however, most calibrators would only tweak the bias and gain in the Service Menu and that should not be a problem. In fact, with the proper instruments and software, it will vastly improve the picture.

Of course, the OP may only be trying to undermine the sales of stores which offer free calibration. That's speculation but I can't help thinking that way cuz the first post is so badly written and with so little information that it's hard to believe that a rep of Panasonic Philippines had actually written it.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 04:02 PM »
this thread is nonsense, nasan ang logic? nagpapatawa ba to? saan planeta naman nagkaroon ng ganitong pagbabawal? nasaan ang consumer rights? do you mean wala pala kaming rights na baguhin ang picture adjustment settings? bakit nyo pa nilagyan nun?

on other side kung taga panasonic ka talaga kawawa naman company nyo kasi wala na bibili sa inyo and also yung AV Stores na nagoofer ng free calibration baka sila ang sisihin ng mga taong maniniwala sayo.

teka sino nga ba maniniwala dito? meron ba? i know na hindi bobo ang mga members dito para maniwala sa ganyang klaseng paninira.

Offline young_Miklo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 04:36 PM »
Paki post na lang yung mga authorized panasonic dealers. para makita na rin kung sinong store ba talaga target ng thread na to. obvious kasi na may pinapatamaan to, singled out pa yung stores thatoffers free calibration. i think informed naman lahat ng members dito kung anong store yan. wag naman sana ganyan
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 04:40 PM by young_Miklo »

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 04:41 PM »
BAD BAD BAD Business strategy :P...tsk tsk tsk matindi siguro pangangailangan that's why have to resort to dirty tactics >:(

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 04:46 PM »
Just a suggestion: why don't we ask jeff and vic about this? after all, they're both sellers of PANASONIC TVs

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 05:07 PM »
For me, the only thing that would make sense is if the OP was referring to the Service Menu of the display.

Yes, it is accepted that accessing the service menu/codes voids the warranty. 

But that was not what he said.  If he meant "service menu", then he should have said "service menu".

Ang sabi niya, "=> Manual calibration is not allowed..it will definitely VOID warranty!"  E ano pala ang puwede, Automatic Calibration lang?  Does he even know what the hell he's talking about?

Basta ang policy ko, pag sangkatutak ang exclamation points sa composition, hindi na credible sa akin yon!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 05:08 PM by barrister »

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 06:18 PM »
Service menu ibig sabihin nila not to touch RGB color, white balance etc. standard setting ok lang galawin of course color, contrast etc all standard display function. Factory display can be opened by a service remote or other calibrating instrument. It should be done by pana service crew kung sira lang yun unit. Kulang kasi explanation nila, nagalit kasi sila sa mga nag claim ng service sa panasonic na hindi galing sa kanila.  :D

Offline tetablanco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 06:52 PM »

panaphil talks like a typical salesman at a regular appliance store which sells everything from rice cookers to flat irons - completely ignorant at best; misleading and untruthful at worst.

It's obvious he doesn't know the difference between tweaking TV settings (which clearly does not void TV warranties) and changing the default settings in a TV's service menu (may possibly void TV warranties).  Changing the default settings in a service menu is what ISF calibrators usually do and is a widely-accepted practice in other countries.  This is the first time I've heard though that ISF calibration and similar service menu tweaking would void a TV's warranty since there has been no word about this on the international A/V boards like AV Spot, etc.