Author Topic: Voting needed on what to buy  (Read 4318 times)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: Voting needed on what to buy
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 03:25 PM »
I'll go with Option 1.  50 inch.

If you can afford to buy a 50 incher, in no time at all, you would be able to afford other gears.  Believe me, you would want to buy something bigger soon.   And 50 inch looks great in a 4m x 4m room.     You might end up selling the 42 at a loss. 

Simple guideline ng Panasonic for 1080p appreciation.

50 inch: 1.9 meters
46 inch:  1.7 meters
42 inch:  1.6 meters

These are minimum distances ne. Your room is 4m on one dimension.   So grabeng OKS kahit na 720p na 50 inch diba.

Plus 1, go for the bigger monitor ;)Pag malaki ang screen everything follows :D  Then after a week or month get the ps3 naman. Yung bd player I would suggest you wait a little while longer kasi malaki chance na bumaba pa ang price :)

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 03:32 PM »
if your not an upgrade freak then go for the 42 incher (good fit given the size of the room); plus you get the PS3 and the BDPlayer. I agree with this, use the PS3 for gaming, use the BD player for BD discs.

if you are an upgrade freak, it doesn't matter what you buy. kasi papalitan mo din naman.

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 03:41 PM »

if you are an upgrade freak, it doesn't matter what you buy. kasi papalitan mo din naman.

Hahaha! Correct ka dyan. ;D
SARS!!!

Offline aiksgt

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 03:57 PM »
What I mean is, I dont think full hd Plasma is useless, especially at 50 inch size, considering the size of your room.  It's potentially a truly great set-up.    Kung kaya ng budget mo, I would strongly recommend it.    Kung gusto mo ng full HD plasma and magtipid, then find the equivalent of PZ80.   Same panel class.   Same contrast ratio.  You only lose that Hollywood gamut thingy which is no big deal after calibration,  less HDMI ports, no full glass surface (which could be an eyesore in a bright room - but nice to watch from the side), and cheaper quality speakers (kulang sa bass - but you have your HT anyway).  

Ang problem kase if someone has the budget, the itch is soooo strong.. So kung ayaw mong uminom ng Claritin or steroid, maximize your buying power.  Tutal, the 80 series is really a very very very very good Plasma.  Ang difference nya lang sa new 90 series in Japan is the built-in hard drive.

Kung limited ang budget to non-full HD but kaya mo pa rin ang 50V, I would choose the 50.  Ikaw rin mismo nagsabi. 2 years palang yung 32 mo, sawa ka na.  Kaya ka nagsawa, kase tingin mo maliit na for your room ang 32.  HDTVs somehow look soo big in a few week or so.   After that, normal na sya..hehehe.    Pero kahit mangati ka later to get even bigger than 50V, you'd have to make your room bigger first.  So hindi ka mangangati.  

Kung di mo need ang full HD plasma, maganda na ang PV80.  Hindi mo pagsisisihan ang quality ng model na to.  Yung (smaller) size ang puede mong pagsisisihan later.

galing sir well explained ulit ty ty sir!