Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 268750 times)

Offline oragon291764

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #1080 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 04:19 PM »
anyone using the NR1501? I bought this model last 25May2010 and would appreciate to hear from fellow members here of inputs, tweaks, etc. in order to get the best out of this receiver. TIA.

Offline b u l l e t

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1081 on: Jul 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM »
anyone using the NR1501? I bought this model last 25May2010 and would appreciate to hear from fellow members here of inputs, tweaks, etc. in order to get the best out of this receiver. TIA.

I own both marantz NR1501 and  SR6004. NR1501 is slim line model of Marantz that performs just like his big brothers receiver. It's a 7.1 ch amp with DTS high definition and high resolution, it also support Dolby True-HD, DTS-HD. Both great for home theater and music.

At 50 watts per channel rating, I was surprised with the sound and power of this slim receiver. Owesome in music that can produced quality sound,warm and very detailed. The audio quality is similar with my Marantz SR6004. I paired my NR1501 with JBL CS480 it was great combination. ;)  ;)

Offline xyobub

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1082 on: Jul 24, 2010 at 11:50 PM »
I own both marantz NR1501 and  SR6004. NR1501 is slim line model of Marantz that performs just like his big brothers receiver. It's a 7.1 ch amp with DTS high definition and high resolution, it also support Dolby True-HD, DTS-HD. Both great for home theater and music.

At 50 watts per channel rating, I was surprised with the sound and power of this slim receiver. Owesome in music that can produced quality sound,warm and very detailed. The audio quality is similar with my Marantz SR6004. I paired my NR1501 with JBL CS480 it was great combination. ;)  ;)

wow :o i was surprised brader that you also got a NR1501, i thought only the SR6004 is in your sleeve. galing ;D .

Offline b u l l e t

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1083 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 08:22 AM »
wow :o i was surprised brader that you also got a NR1501, i thought only the SR6004 is in your sleeve. galing ;D .

oo nga brader buboy na sabay sa SR6004. Slim kasi sya cute hehehe  ;D

tama ka nga...maganda marantz! ;)

Offline oragon291764

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1084 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 01:07 PM »

nice to know that there is someone also owning the NR1501 :)

Offline xyobub

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1085 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:35 AM »
oo nga brader buboy na sabay sa SR6004. Slim kasi sya cute hehehe  ;D

tama ka nga...maganda marantz! ;)
nice to know that there is someone also owning the NR1501 :)

Marantz is well known when it comes sa audio & i confirmed it, especially sa movie na nagsasabay ang soundtrack & the the scene (gunfires, car chasing, sword fighting,etc), detailed ang sound hindi sya buhol2x. so far ang favorite scene ko, pagnagkaka barilan sa loob ng bahay. para kasing lumalabas yung bala sa wall. :D :D :D

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1086 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 04:59 PM »
Mga sirs how are  the surrounds for the Marantz 6004, 7002 doing? Are they comparable na to Denon and Onkyo? I had a Marantz 5500 last 2005 and I love it for audio but not for movie because of the surrounds.   

Offline b u l l e t

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1087 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 05:12 PM »
Mga sirs how are  the surrounds for the Marantz 6004, 7002 doing? Are they comparable na to Denon and Onkyo? I had a Marantz 5500 last 2005 and I love it for audio but not for movie because of the surrounds.   

I have Marantz 6004 and it perform beyond my expectation in music and movies. The 6004 is equipped with M-Dax or the “Marantz Dynamic Audio Expander” that help to fill in the missing high frequency content for true-to-life fidelity. Likewise, 6004 has the Dolby Pro logic IIz. (I think both Denon and Onkyo has this features) With this features you will experience an incredible sound of airiness with exciting heights sounds channel that brings soundstage so lively. Flying planes in movie actually sounds as though they flying in your overhead. Rain in movie is just like they’re falling on your roof. As mentioned by brader xyobub and to quote "favorite scene ko, pagnagkaka barilan sa loob ng bahay. para kasing lumalabas yung bala sa wall."    

It also has the Audyssey Dynamic EQ for sounds calibration.

so.... upgrade na  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1088 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 09:19 PM »
Thanks Sir bullet for the nice feedback.  I dropped by the showroom  of Sir Sanjay today and his brother accomodate me well.  I was able to hear their Marantz-Polk audio set-up and the surrounds nga of Marantz are active and lively similar to other brands(denon and onkyo).  Dialogues also are clear.  Ganda ganda...

Offline b u l l e t

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1089 on: Aug 11, 2010 at 06:03 PM »
Thanks Sir bullet for the nice feedback.  I dropped by the showroom  of Sir Sanjay today and his brother accomodate me well.  I was able to hear their Marantz-Polk audio set-up and the surrounds nga of Marantz are active and lively similar to other brands(denon and onkyo).  Dialogues also are clear.  Ganda ganda...

Marantz and Polk audio are good match. I paired my SR6004 to RTiA9 and B&W685 as secondary spkr ;)

btw, what mdl do you prefer?

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1090 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM »
Actually sir I auditioned the combo for my friend who's looking for a good home theater set-up and I recommended to him the Polk speakers because I heard the RTis already and they're very good.  I was curious to hear what improvement Marantz has over the years and I think it was quite significant.  The model that I demoed was the 5003 so I think you're 6004 is better.

Offline dotpoint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1091 on: Oct 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM »
gud day to all the pips here, I just need your inputs regarding Marantz 745R66, a friend of mine send me this brand and model and it says that it was for sale. I can't see the unit yet until we meet but I'm interested.
Can I ask inputs if whats the specs of this AV? hope to hear from u guyz. Thanks

Offline maniark

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1092 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 03:58 PM »
Hello guys, im a new member here. Anyway, naglilinis ako ng factory when i came across this Marantz 2385, 1870s pa itong reciever na ito. Question is, may nagrerestore pa ba nito? Ang pagka alam dati sa bahay namin this comes with a brown wood case. may nabibili pa rin ba nun? Chaka when i restore this saan ko pa ba ito magagamit? Hindi ito pwede pang home threatre right?

here are the pics

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010 at 03:58 PM by maniark »

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1093 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 04:02 PM »
Two weeks ago, the flagship Marantz SR8002 was sold at bargain price of USD590 at Amazon. Sayang at wala akong pera na pambili. Hayz, sana manalo na nga ako ng lotto. ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1094 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 04:13 PM »
Hello guys, im a new member here. Anyway, naglilinis ako ng factory when i came across this Marantz 2385, 1870s pa itong reciever na ito. Question is, may nagrerestore pa ba nito? Ang pagka alam dati sa bahay namin this comes with a brown wood case. may nabibili pa rin ba nun? Chaka when i restore this saan ko pa ba ito magagamit? Hindi ito pwede pang home threatre right?

here are the pics

net pic>

maganda yan for stereo use.
1977-1980
try mo muna patugtugin ikabit sa speakers. may am/fm tuner naman yan. be careful to check voltage 110 o 220v.
pag may dipresnya at ipapa-restore mo. i strongly suggest, kunan mo pics ang loob niya- ibabaw at ilalim. para pag may pinalitang piyesa malaman mo. (maganda at dekalidad ang mga piyesa niyan) mas mabuti dun sa nakakaintindi ng vintage electronics huwag kung saang electronic repair shop lang. ingat!

sa wood casing, meron dito mga gumagawa- timber715 o si trod93.

goodluck!
hth

http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/marantz/2385.shtml
Description
The Marantz 2385 is a high power output AM/FM stereo receiver
Specifications
Rated power output: 185W per channel
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
Load impedance: 8 Ohms
Damping factor: 60 at 20Hz
Dimensions: 490 x 177 x 238mm
Weight: 26kg
Downloads
service manual (en)

http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2385.html

PS

may schematic diagram sa last pages ng service manual download. it will help a lot to print this
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010 at 05:24 PM by ojofool »

Offline owen99ph

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 05:18 PM »
maraming salamat sir Gnenael...:)

actually pinag pipilian ko pang isang brand is ung pioneer VSX 1019. oh well kung san may mababang offer and maganda review dun na lang ako. :)

salamat po ulit..

Sir,I have Pioneer VSX-D508 and a Marantz SR-4500 coupled with Bose Acoustimas 6....you will really notice the difference between clarity and base....Marantz wins hands on,but i also love this Pioneer because of a really good base and its my first real AVR,but iba talaga sound ng Marantz and its more solid even when compared with the Onkyo,Denon and Haraman of the same class ;)

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1096 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 06:13 PM »
guys magkano ang 6400 ngayon?  :)

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 09:17 AM »
How come ang layo ng difference ng presyo ng marantz avrs kumpara sa other brands i.e., onkyo, denon, pioneer and yamaha? Recently, i got an SR5003 from an ofw for less than 20K at hindi pa niya ito nagamit ng husto pinangtetest lang dang ng audio kaya very fresh. From the marketplace the lowest price for this model brand new was 41k. What separates this brand from the rest if the price is to be considered when this is supposed to be an entry level avr lang? 

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1098 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 09:29 PM »
Meri Xmas PDVD! ;D Mga sirs, alam nyo ba san service center ng marantz? nasira kasi remote control ko...nakaka bili ba ng separate remote control ng marantz?  ???  thanks!

Offline mak_mak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #1099 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 08:32 PM »
bumili ako dati, 600pesos, para sa sr5500 ko..
kaibigan ko from sm appliance centre..
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1100 on: Dec 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM »
bumili ako dati, 600pesos, para sa sr5500 ko..
kaibigan ko from sm appliance centre..

Talaga sir? marantz din ang tatak or generic na universal? baka pde umorder pang sr 4500..thanks! :-X

Offline mak_mak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #1101 on: Dec 25, 2010 at 02:11 PM »
original marantz remote po..
okay, ill keep you posted bro..
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1102 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 08:58 PM »
original marantz remote po..
okay, ill keep you posted bro..

sir, any updates?  :-[

Offline oneirogmophobic

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1103 on: Mar 22, 2011 at 09:51 AM »
Hello,

I just wanted to ask for the stores that carry marantz integrated amps.  I'm trying to set up a stereo speaker system.  Ok ba ang marantz matched with b&w? thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2011 at 09:53 AM by oneirogmophobic »

Offline Ibosotts

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1104 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 07:42 AM »
 ;D try this sya ang distributor ng marantz at polk madaling kausap yan http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,120777.0.html
Kef
MiragePristage S10,Emotiva BasX PT-100, Behringer NX3000 Ultra
Dayton Spkr.AAudio Fs Pro,

Offline battaglin

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1105 on: Jul 11, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
hello sirs, I have a marantz sr4500, problem is it always goes on protect mode and turns off.
I've checked speaker wires for cuts already. I'm also using Monster home theater clean power center.
where and who is the phil service center for marantz?
I've asked abenson(where I got my unit)
 but the number they gave me said they've stopped servicing marantz products.

TIA!

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1106 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 08:20 PM »
hello sirs, I have a marantz sr4500, problem is it always goes on protect mode and turns off.
I've checked speaker wires for cuts already. I'm also using Monster home theater clean power center.
where and who is the phil service center for marantz?
I've asked abenson(where I got my unit)
 but the number they gave me said they've stopped servicing marantz products.

TIA!

Marantz has a new distributor here as authorized by Marantz Singapore. You may try to have your unit checked at some Marantz dealers like Audioworld tel 742 6843 or Sights and Sound or Cardinal Audio in Virra Mall.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline battaglin

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 09:35 AM »
thanks cosmic79!

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1108 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM »
thanks cosmic79!

Welcome Sir Battaglin. Hope maayos yung receiver mo. Sa Audioworld mayroon silang in house technician.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline babed95

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 09:47 PM »
thanks cosmic79!

mga sirs ano na update sa marantz nyo na nag stand by? ganun din ksi ang marantz sr300 ko eh sana makakuha ng feedback sa inyo thanks!