Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 268994 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #540 on: May 15, 2004 at 09:50 AM »
Do you know a service center for Marantz?  I noticed the popping sound in my front left channel and I want to have it fixed.  any remedys?

Palagi ba yung popping sound? baka sa dvd/cd material na ginagamit mo nangagaling.  Ganun din kasi ang na obserbahan ko sa akin eh, dun sa isang CD-R ko lang meron.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #541 on: May 15, 2004 at 04:11 PM »
Do you know a service center for Marantz?  I noticed the popping sound in my front left channel and I want to have it fixed.  any remedys?

Bro Nirv,

Anong model nang Marantz mo?
Walang Setup

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #542 on: May 16, 2004 at 02:02 PM »
Courage- Marantz SR4300 but bought in the States.  Would the service centers here honor US versions?  Where can I have it fixed?

Offline cirrus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #543 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:31 AM »
Good day to everyone

I’m just a newbie here in your forum, and I’m still in the process of learning. I was able to drop in your site when the time I was looking for a good dvd player, your site had given me a lot of information that I used to be of no knowledge before. I learned a lot in a short period of time.

Anyway after I acquired my first dvd player and returned to your site, my wants to setup a HT was at its highest peak, after reading members reviews on good AV receiver and in a short time period of I was able to narrow my choices to the following (in no particular order):

HK
Onkyo
Denon
Marantz
Yamaha
Nad

My wants to setup a good HT system keeps coming and last Saturday I was able to drop-by three places in festival mall I looked at Yamaha, marantz and onkyo. The banner of electronic depot about marantz sr4300 catch my attention and after some conversation and listening with the marantz plus wharfdale setup, I decided to reserve the unit. They are kind, they just asked me for a P500 initial down payment for the unit, and I can’t wait for Saturday to pick it up.

Now, I have some few questions for fellow members out there,

1.  What is the best speaker that I can match with the said unit and any idea on the price? my budget is between 25k - 35K and I’ll probably getting one in the next few weeks.

I’m still a newbie and probably won’t hear the difference between any pair of setup. I trust this forum with this and I’m relying on most of the suggestion that I’m getting on this thread.

2. can I use my existing JVC speaker (100 watts, 6 ohms) temporarily for this unit?

3. any tips will be highly appreciated…

thanks for your patience to a newbie,

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:37 AM »
Good day to everyone

I’m just a newbie here in your forum, and I’m still in the process of learning. I was able to drop in your site when the time I was looking for a good dvd player, your site had given me a lot of information that I used to be of no knowledge before. I learned a lot in a short period of time.

Anyway after I acquired my first dvd player and returned to your site, my wants to setup a HT was at its highest peak, after reading members reviews on good AV receiver and in a short time period of I was able to narrow my choices to the following (in no particular order):

HK
Onkyo
Denon
Marantz
Yamaha
Nad

My wants to setup a good HT system keeps coming and last Saturday I was able to drop-by three places in festival mall I looked at Yamaha, marantz and onkyo. The banner of electronic depot about marantz sr4300 catch my attention and after some conversation and listening with the marantz plus wharfdale setup, I decided to reserve the unit. They are kind, they just asked me for a P500 initial down payment for the unit, and I can’t wait for Saturday to pick it up.

1.  What is the best speaker that I can match with the said unit and any idea on the price? my budget is between 25k - 35K and I’ll probably getting one in the next few weeks.

I’m still a newbie and probably won’t hear the difference between any pair of setup. I trust this forum with this and I’m relying on most of the suggestion that I’m getting on this thread.

2. can I use my existing JVC speaker (100 watts, 6 ohms) temporarily for this unit?

1. Wharfedale is good, mura pa, Mission is good also or MA
2. Yes u can use ur old JVC speakers
Walang Setup

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:40 AM »
thanks courage

its highly appreciated

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:43 AM »
thanks courage

its highly appreciated

Hey congrats on ur future Marantz, alam ko naiinip ka na ehehehe, i know the feeling. Marantz is a very good sounding amp, ganda pa sa music, Audition ka lang nang speakers and pag nagpaudition ka tell them to use Marantz para alam mo na agad kung compatible or hindi
Walang Setup

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:54 AM »

Hey congrats on ur future Marantz, alam ko naiinip ka na ehehehe, i know the feeling. Marantz is a very good sounding amp, ganda pa sa music, Audition ka lang nang speakers and pag nagpaudition ka tell them to use Marantz para alam mo na agad kung compatible or hindi

oo nga i can't wait for saturday i want to go there and pick up the unit but my location prohibits me, i'm in intramuros and probably it will be closed by the time i get there. anyway the sales guy at electronic depot allowed me to listen with the unit paired with a wharfdale setup and the sound is a great improvement compared to my current sound system, but with high end speaker my ears are still untrained and probably won't notice a big difference with various setup. any idea on the price of the wharfdale and mission?

thanks again

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2004 at 11:56 AM »

Is the 25 - 35K budget for front speakers alone for 5 speakers or for 5.1 speaker system?

I'm using Marantz 4300 paired with Wharfs, my straight advice though is to get or to try another speakers: MA, MS, Mission, KEF, etc.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004 at 11:56 AM by Philander »

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #549 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:24 PM »

Is the 25 - 35K budget for front speakers alone for 5 speakers or for 5.1 speaker system?

I'm using Marantz 4300 paired with Wharfs, my straight advice though is to get or to try another speakers: MA, MS, Mission, KEF, etc.

sir philander

what  would you suggest? my initial thinking would be for the whole 5.1 system, but i can have it for the front alone however it will extend the time needed to complete the system. based on your experience and urge, what will you recommend? lets just say i want to have a good system the will reduce my desire for upgrade.

thanks

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:25 PM »

Have been to Electronics Depot Festival last weekend and saw their Marantz receivers.  I actually liked their CD-only player at around 11T.  But no HDCD.  The receivers look impressive and hefty alright.  Reading some specs on their website, I noticed they follow the EIAJ or JEITA standard for rating their their power at 6 ohms.  So it woud seem a good match to consider speakers with 6 ohm nominal rating like the Wharfedale.  But that doesn't mean, the recievers won't sound good on 8 ohm loads.  BTW, the 4300 seems to be last year's model as the new one superceding that is the 4400. 

The JBL rated at 100w, 6ohms shouldn't be a problem as your interim speakers.  They might in fact sound good on the Marantz so you may not have to buy a new one, except perhaps the surrounds and sub.

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:30 PM »
The JBL rated at 100w, 6ohms shouldn't be a problem as your interim speakers.  They might in fact sound good on the Marantz so you may not have to buy a new one, except perhaps the surrounds and sub.

thanks for your information av_phile1

you mentioned JBL, but i'm referring to JVC (100 watts, 6 ohms) that usually comes with mini compo, or may be an type error on your part, i hope we are referring to same specs of speaker.

thanks again

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:35 PM »
oops, sorry about that.  JVC pala.  My eyes are playing tricks already.  ;D  Well, regardless, as long as we're talking of the same 100 watt  6 ohm rating.  I mean you don't listen at full volume naman, do you? 

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:37 PM »
lets just say i want to have a good system the will reduce my desire for upgrade.

This is the point.

Speaking from personal experince..... Wharfs sounds good if not great, however, once the upgrade itch is on its way you will be craving for other since there's something with diamonds (weak highs/tweeters). Also, as others say, why dont you try the new series of Marantz, well 4300 sound very good especially in music, but the new series is already there, you may want to try it also...

sir philander

what  would you suggest? my initial thinking would be for the whole 5.1 system, but i can have it for the front alone however it will extend the time needed to complete the system. based on your experience and urge, what will you recommend?
thanks

For Marantz, MA & Mission will be a good match both for HT and pure audio.

I suggest that you start with a pair of a good front speakers, then a sub, then center and use your JVC speakers temporarily for surround.

Mission M33 is a nice choice.

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #554 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:38 PM »
oops, sorry about that.  JVC pala.  My eyes are playing tricks already.  ;D  Well, regardless, as long as we're talking of the same 100 watt  6 ohm rating.  I mean you don't listen at full volume naman, do you? 

yes sir i usualy listen at half volume.

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2004 at 12:46 PM »
but the new series is already there, you may want to try it also...

probably i'll try the new series. do you have any idea on the price difference of the the model?

I suggest that you start with a pair of a good front speakers, then a sub, then center and use your JVC speakers temporarily for surround.

Mission M33 is a nice choice.

i'll will consider your suggestion

thanks

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2004 at 01:15 PM »

probably i'll try the new series. do you have any idea on the price difference of the the model?

The new Marantz 5400 is already available at Electronics Depot Galleria, maybe their branch in festival has too. I cant remember but the 5400 is about 24K, 4400 should be lower for about 5K.. better ask them.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2004 at 02:22 PM »
I used to have a Marantz SR4200, driving Mission Speakers - M74, M71 & M7C1. very good combination! Missions would be easier to drive than Monitor Audio (which might sound thin when used with an underpowered amp)

I haven't listened lengthily to the new M33 Mission series though...
money is best spent

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: May 25, 2004 at 02:27 PM »
thanks iceman90a

i will consider your suggestion.

any idea how much the price is? please PM

thanks

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: May 25, 2004 at 02:33 PM »
SRP of M33 is about 18K (try to ask for about 10 to 15% discount).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004 at 02:36 PM by Philander »

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: May 25, 2004 at 02:40 PM »
last quoted price i saw - just to give you an idea...

SUMMER SALE!
1. Mission M74i P23,800 less 25% - P17,850
2. Mission M7C2 P12,900 less 25% - P9,675
3. Mission M70i P9,000 less 25% - P6,750

a. All units brand new except where noted.
b. Only one (1) unit/pr/pc per item.
c. All units with one (1) year warranty.
d. Cash basis only.

Call/text Rene at 8325710/0917-9761009

money is best spent

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: May 25, 2004 at 03:34 PM »

Cirrus,
Agree with Philander and based on my experience,  Marantz and Mission are good combinations for either movies or music.

Sometimes,  Im pairing my marantz sr4400 with my Mission M70 cinema pack.  Fully satisfied ako sa audio.

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: May 26, 2004 at 08:55 AM »
mga sir,

kamusta po ang service ng marantz?
any problem so far in ur unit?
san po ninyo pina service? and how long?
any actual/personal experience?

thanks

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2004 at 02:56 AM »
mga sir,

kamusta po ang service ng marantz?
any problem so far in ur unit?
san po ninyo pina service? and how long?
any actual/personal experience?

thanks

So far, ok pa naman ang unit ko. Nung Nov2003 lang nabili. Kung sa Pinas gagamitin, make sure to use line conditioner. 

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: May 31, 2004 at 12:23 PM »

So far, ok pa naman ang unit ko. Nung Nov2003 lang nabili. Kung sa Pinas gagamitin, make sure to use line conditioner. 

Sir jt,

ano po ang line conditioner? are u referring to automatic voltage regulator?

thanks,

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 10:17 AM »
Sir jt,

ano po ang line conditioner? are u referring to automatic voltage regulator?

thanks,

Yes, similar to that. Medyo erratic kasi yung kuryente dyan.  Better to use one to protect your amp.   

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 10:23 AM »
marami pong salamat sir JT,

i will use my vacant UPS for the amp.

anyway i'm currently using my sr4300 paired with bose 201 speaker, hindi kaya mag kaproblema kung ang specs ng bose is 20 - 120 watts / 4 - 8 ohms? di kaya masira ang speaker o ang amp?

thanks again

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 10:26 AM »

anyway i'm currently using my sr4300 paired with bose 201 speaker, hindi kaya mag kaproblema kung ang specs ng bose is 20 - 120 watts / 4 - 8 ohms? di kaya masira ang speaker o ang amp?

thanks again

OKs yans setup mo, gandang pang sound trip.   Gamit ka ng magandang sub para solve din for movies.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 10:28 AM »

Just make sure the electric power rating limits of your UPS can cover the electric power consumption of your receiver.

Offline cirrus

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 10:39 AM »

Just make sure the electric power rating limits of your UPS can cover the electric power consumption of your receiver.

sir av_phile1,

eto po ang output ng ups

Output power capacity     500 VA 
Output power capacity     300 Watts 
Nominal output voltage    230 V

dati po syang ginagamit sa desktop PC & printer

thanks