Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 269163 times)

Offline Maestro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #750 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
hehehehe, atat na atat na nga ako eh.

Thanks!

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #751 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 07:45 PM »
Hello,
    Just got the 4500.Was originally choosing between the Hk 130 and 230,since sabi ng shops na sa june pa dadating ang Hk 135 and up models.Anyway sa mga nababasasa kong forums Marantz almost always is mentioned up there along with HK,Nad and Rotel as the most musical of recievers.Also home theater Mag. lab report tested it putting out 74+ watts @ 0.1% distortion with 5 channels driven.that was enough for me ,after bringing it home from 5th ave.and hooking it up to my aurum cantus speakers, I was very pleased with its stereo sound which was warm yet clear never matining.Even in pure direct mode it remained dynamic and crisp compared to the flat dull response of my associates rotel ra971mk2 with tannoys we use in our office in tone defeat mode.Of course in with tone control the Rotel is slightly superior,but I still prefer the warm sound of the marantz especially in vocals where the rotel is a bit bright(also tested the rotel with my speakers).My only gripe is there are no DSP effects for movies (anyway it sounds good enough as is with movies).I think Marantz just concentrated on giving the best audio performance for the price by not including DSP effects which would have made it more expensive.Srry for the long post ty
Gub
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2005 at 01:55 AM by Gubs »

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #752 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 09:03 PM »
sorry for the long post? i say thank you for that nice review :) don't worry about the DSPs. as long as you're getting quality DD and DTS, ok na ok na yan ;) and w/ that great stereo performance, i can see you very pleased indeed.

congrats on your new marantz, Gubs :) happy HT-ing :)

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #753 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 11:12 PM »
Ty for the reply,
    Just wanted to share my experience with this reciever that for the price is hard to beat. It even includes 2 component ins, 7.1 pre out, 7.1 line input and composite to svideo upconversion.
Ty Gubs
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2005 at 11:26 PM by Gubs »

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #754 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 04:34 PM »
Hey Marnatz users... based on your experience, anong speakers ang match for our receiver??? entry level to mid-level lang po... yun mga high end, out of the question na because of budget...

thanks!!!

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
Mordaunt Short
Mission
AE

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #756 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 05:32 PM »
Thnks!!!

Any idea how much for fronts, center, surrounds, and rears??? Subs meron na ko.

Salamat po.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 06:04 PM »
Thnks!!!

Any idea how much for fronts, center, surrounds, and rears??? Subs meron na ko.

Salamat po.

Hi Maestro! Welcome to the Marantz Club! I'm using RXV 7300, as far as i'm concern you can pair it on any kind of speakers depending on your budget. I suggest Wharfedale 9 series okay siya.

I'm using Klipsch Speakers for my HT set-up, RB-3 Fronts, RC-3 Center & SB-2 sa sorrounds & Pioneer SW-200 for my Sub.  So far wala akong problema.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
« Reply #758 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 10:01 AM »
mga pare koy!!! i heard ok ang mission speakers for the SR4500...before i was thinking of getting diamond 9 series...hmm...medyo convinced nko to get mission for my front and center...can anyone give me a price list of mission speakes? And saan ok bumili. ung floorstander ska center saka pang surround narin, hehehehe!!!  :P...tumingin ako ng m3c2 sa may makati cinema square...nasa 11k ata..nasa ganun ba talaga un? hmmm...parang sobrang mahal ata. May mga m70 and m30 series pabang for sale? kasi nakalagay sa website disontinued na. :-\
Thanks!!  O0

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 10:02 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
sir dheng, pag naka-kuha ka ng prices ng Mission speakers, pa-share na lang......thanks!!!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 11:26 AM »
try asking in the mission speakers thread.

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #762 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 12:12 PM »
galing akong sights and sound kahapon. ung M34 nila is arround 22+k(discounted na) ung M3c2 is 11k -discounted na rin...tinatawaran ko nga ng 30k lahat..di daw kaya  :P pero baka i audition ko muna ung marantz ko dun...baka kasi di naman malaki ang difference nya sa diamond 9.5 saka 9.cs...laki pa matitipid ko, makakabili pako ng surround. O0

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 12:28 PM »
diamonds and m30 series are both entry-level speakers and are supposedly in the same price range. the diamonds are just priced really low here. i would like to think that since they are made to compete w/ each other, their performances shouldn't be like night and day.

if i could just make an analogy, given a civic w/ no discount and a lancer at 50% off, w/c would you get? ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2005 at 12:30 PM by bumblebee »

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #764 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 12:43 PM »
diamonds and m30 series are both entry-level speakers and are supposedly in the same price range. the diamonds are just priced really low here. i would like to think that since they are made to compete w/ each other, their performances shouldn't be like night and day.

if i could just make an analogy, given a civic w/ no discount and a lancer at 50% off, w/c would you get? ;)

Thakyu sir bumblebee...so, i wont expecting alot of sound quality difference bet. diamond 9 series and m30 series?? hmm...ang laki naman ng price difference nila...then why the heck do they buy the m30 series for?  design? or elegante lang sila  :P

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 01:00 PM »
Thakyu sir bumblebee...so, i wont expecting alot of sound quality difference bet. diamond 9 series and m30 series?? hmm...ang laki naman ng price difference nila...then why the heck do they buy the m30 series for?  design? or elegante lang sila  :P

preference, of course. and pride of ownership. if i really had the money, i definitely would get the civic ;D

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #766 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 01:16 PM »
preference, of course. and pride of ownership. if i really had the money, i definitely would get the civic ;D

Thanks again sir,..im also considering the Yamaha NS 555. Ang pogi kasi ng design. Plus ung Center nya, 6k lang may discount pa...kaya lang kokonti pa feedback regarding sa speaker na to...hmmm. :-\

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 01:30 PM »
Thanks again sir,..im also considering the Yamaha NS 555. Ang pogi kasi ng design. Plus ung Center nya, 6k lang may discount pa...kaya lang kokonti pa feedback regarding sa speaker na to...hmmm. :-\

have a listen then kung gusto mo sya, kunin mo na. and as you said, it looks great w/c should be a plus. don't mind yung mga gusto namin. syempre ibibida ko wharfs kc yun yung meron ako ;D but at the end of the day, your ears will decide.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2005 at 01:38 PM by bumblebee »

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 03:07 PM »
have a listen then kung gusto mo sya, kunin mo na. and as you said, it looks great w/c should be a plus. don't mind yung mga gusto namin. syempre ibibida ko wharfs kc yun yung meron ako ;D but at the end of the day, your ears will decide.

Hehehe!!! thanks. Issue rin kasi ang presyo...diba napaka practical ng wharfs, kung konti lang tlaga difference, wharfs na rin ako...check ko siguro next month. sabi ni Matzter di daw xa satisfied sa tunog nung NS555. :-\

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 03:15 PM »
Hehehe!!! thanks. Issue rin kasi ang presyo...diba napaka practical ng wharfs, kung konti lang tlaga difference, wharfs na rin ako...check ko siguro next month. sabi ni Matzter di daw xa satisfied sa tunog nung NS555. :-\

yamaha isn't really known for their speakers ;D i haven't heard it so i can't say much. but as they say, choice of speakers is a very personal thing. malay mo magustuhan mo ;)

sobrang OT na tayo. sorry mods.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2005 at 03:16 PM by bumblebee »

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #770 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 08:04 AM »
yamaha isn't really known for their speakers ;D i haven't heard it so i can't say much. but as they say, choice of speakers is a very personal thing. malay mo magustuhan mo ;)

sobrang OT na tayo. sorry mods.

what do u mean sobrang OT? hmm. ??? anywayz, i went to listening with style sa shang yesterday, pinakinggan ko ung NS555...ok naman sa sounds, kaya lang diko sya gano narinig sa movies, ang hina kasi ng volume, nahiya ako palakasan. hehehehe! :P Thanks again!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #771 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 08:06 AM »
off topic ;D we're supposed to be discussing marantz receivers here.

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • No One Gets Left Behind, Rangers Lead the Way
  • Liked:
« Reply #772 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 12:52 AM »
Pasingit lang mga friends....

SA kin Marantz din partnered with the Mission M7x series.... mas pinili ko nun kesa sa diamond 8. x series.

mas preferrd kolng ang sounds.

And civic din.. 95 Esi.. luma na eh.. pero ayus pa din.. ang tipid sa fuel.. naku OT na.

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: May 04, 2005 at 11:05 AM »
patanong lang po...

Marantz sr4500 is rated 80W @ 8 ohms... pano kung 6 ohms lang speakers? will there be any problems?

parang nabasa ko sa Yammie pede mo i-switch kung 8 or 6 ohms, meron di ba ito?

Thanks!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: May 04, 2005 at 11:18 AM »
patanong lang po...

Marantz sr4500 is rated 80W @ 8 ohms... pano kung 6 ohms lang speakers? will there be any problems?

Thanks!

a speaker's impedance varies w/ frequency. an 8-ohmer may dip to 6 ohms or even lower. driving speakers w/ lower nominal impedance than the recommended may cause the amp to heat up faster than it normally would. you should have no problems w/ typical volume levels.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: May 04, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
patanong lang po...

Thanks!

Gears with impedance selection switches are a dead giveaway to me.  They are not high current devices and those impedance switches are just voltage or current dividing circuits that make any speaker load look like 8 ohms to the amplifier's output transistors. 

Check to see the manual of the Marantz if it declares categorically that only 8 ohms speakers should be used.  I've seen many brands that strongly recommends only 8-16 ohm loads.  They easily become  oven toasters when connected to 4-ohm loads and will expire within hours even at comfortable volume levels.  There's usually a cautionary statement at the back panel near the speaker terminals. 

As per reputation, I've heard that Marantz can handle lower than 8 ohms loads.  Not so sure about their newer models.  But to be safe, if you have to use a 6-ohm speaker on an 8-ohm receiver, train a small fan over the receiver's top.  Set the speaker setting to SMALL as this takes the current-hungry and low impedance 80hz or 120hz and below out of the amp's audio path, allowing it to operate relatively cooler even at high volume levels.  Ofcourse, that means you have to use a powered sub.

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: May 04, 2005 at 03:02 PM »
Thanks!!!  appreciate your help.

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: May 04, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
Hello,
I currently use an 4 0hm Aurum Cantus Center Speaker mixed with 8 ohm fronts also Aurum Cantus and wharfdale wh2 6 ohm surrounds.No problems so far. I have a small and quiet Cool Air mini industrial fan on top of the reciever Which keeps it at warm to touch levels even at times when the aircon is off.I have a friend who just bought the 4500 after I did ,His fronts are floorstander Aurum Cantus with passive woofers and a big center like mine ,all are 4 ohms his rear are 8 ohm of the same brand.So far no problem.So I guess  a stable 6 ohms will be an easier load ,also the back specifically states for 8 and 6 ohm Speakers.
TY

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: May 04, 2005 at 05:57 PM »
Thanks Gubs!

Di ko pa kasi nilalabas sa box yun nabili kong receiver...padating pa lang yun speakers ko... Atat na atat!

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #779 on: May 04, 2005 at 06:04 PM »
patanong lang po...

Thanks!

Pre, Im using 2ohms speakers w/ my Marantz SR4400.  One year old na at so far wala namang problema.  Usually ang volume ko ay nasa 20.