Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 268741 times)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #960 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 02:27 PM »
sir myki, di ba your using dynaudio speakers? ;D ok lang ba kahit -10 na siya? hehe.. kelan ba na pa-fry ang speaker?hindi ko po kasi alam pagdating sa mga ganito na..thanks

Yes. I even watch sometimes at -5db if the volume recording of the DVD is weak. But I make sure that I have the remote so if the scene will soon be noisy, then I can adjust back to -15db. I'm sure na maunang bibigay ang tenga ko bago ang speakers.  :)

But for CD listening, I'm usually at -25db to -30db. If the CD is a Telarc or a Chesky, then I'm at -20db. I think they record using lower levels.

Myki

Offline ricracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #961 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 01:51 PM »
Share ko lang for future Marantz Buyers...

I was about to buy the 4500 at 5th Ave. Shangri-la kanina and I asked for an audition before getting the unit.   In fairness, the guy was very polite in answering my queries.  The bad thing in this store though, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD CD/DVD TO DEMO THEIR HT PRODUCTS!!!!   Yung DVD DEMO nila BURNED "bad quality" copy lang  at pati yung audiophile nila parang binili lang sa Divisoria.   "OK...(i said to the guy), kahit anong DVD movie na lang so I can have a feel of it lang."   To my surprise, they don't have any ORIGINAL DVD, lahat pirated kaya ayaw basahin nung Marantz DVD Player nila.   So hindi rin namin na-demo.

But since I am really decided to buy Marantz (atat na ako), I said that ok na I would buy it already.   Pero hindi pala qualified yung credit card ko sa 6 months 0% term.  Buti na lang,  I'll just buy in Abenson's or Western.

Just a message to the 5th Ave owner.........."How can you sell a good Marantz product, if you don't even have the tools to demo it!" 

Kaya future Marantz owners, i hope you'll know where NOT to buy.
;)

Offline qctech

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #962 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 03:49 PM »
maganda b yung marantz 4500 ccompared to yamaha vx 440? ano maganda speaker for marantz 4500?

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #963 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 03:56 PM »
maganda b yung marantz 4500 ccompared to yamaha vx 440? ano maganda speaker for marantz 4500?

Depende yan. Kung mas inclined ka sa Movies, then Yamaha 440. If Music, then Marantz 4400/4500. Pero isang advantage ng marantz 4500 ay 7.1 na ito at may pre-outs.

For me, Mordaunt Short or Acoustic Energy speakers ang magandang combi sa Marantz Amp.

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #964 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 07:37 PM »
I dont wanna offend Marantz 4500 owners here (I really wanted one that was for sale here for 8K, but got away) but I noticed that this model (though, already 7.1 capable) is being sold in this forum left and right.  As I mentioned earlier, there was even one unit sold for 8K (owner cited that he would revert back to his other amp hence the sale).

I can understand 6.1 receivers sold by owners who might want a taste of 7.1 but what I don't get is why these Marantz 4500 owners sell theirs. Is there something wrong with this model?

Calling owners...

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #965 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 10:54 AM »
bro ricracer! the time i bot my avr there they have the DTS demo disc n thats wat we used...

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #966 on: Dec 24, 2005 at 08:21 PM »
bro ricracer! the time i bot my avr there they have the DTS demo disc n thats wat we used...

The salesman told me that they forgot to eject the DTS demo disc, a lucky customer took it home!

Anyway, I ended up buying at LISTENING IN STYLE...I got a better deal with a YAMAHA RX-V650 (lower priced than the Marantz 4500).     That place is cool! Actually it rocks!!! Have you guys seen their set-up?  Have you seen the "huge speakers" at the back of the store.  For newbies...you better not miss it,  I felt dizzy having been so awestruck with their equipment there!

Going back to Marantz 4500,  I agree that it really produces great audio for MUSIC (though, my experience is limited to MARANTZ-GALE combo) but if you like tinkering on sound set-ups & fine-tuning some "cinematic" details (like me)...this model would be really boring.    As what I've always read in Marantz forums, "You get what you pay for in terms of features".  For a guy like me, I would advise you to audition those Yammies and Denons also.

;)

Offline Vhongbiker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #967 on: Dec 26, 2005 at 07:45 AM »

Going back to Marantz 4500,  I agree that it really produces great audio for MUSIC (though, my experience is limited to MARANTZ-GALE combo) but if you like tinkering on sound set-ups & fine-tuning some "cinematic" details (like me)...this model would be really boring.    As what I've always read in Marantz forums, "You get what you pay for in terms of features".  For a guy like me, I would advise you to audition those Yammies and Denons also.

korek ka jan bro!
pero ako oks na sa marantz 4400. hehehe...
congrats bro....
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 11:23 AM »
hey ricracer,

i am one of those who sold my marantz. in fact i bought a pristine pre owned marantz sr 4500 then re sold it a week later. fortunately, my reason for selling is NOT on account of bad performance.

on one hand, i realized that indeed i was not into home theater. i had a denon for my room so i wanted a pure audio setup in my listening area where i keep tube amp. it would be a luxury to use the marantz in the bedroom.

on the other hand, i thought it best to sell the marantz over the denon since i would get my full money back.

the marantz was good as cash!!! since you just put it in the ads and maybe 20 people call you. people reserve it without even asking for the last price. to think i was selling at 12k, not 8k. (lucky guy who bought the 8k must have been very good in his past life and is reaping the rewards in this life hehe)

so since i wanted to get new speaker wiring and interconnects, i could shop around for items on pinoy knowiing that my marantz would sell at a price i expect it, rather than finding myself selling it down.

i think it is a testament to:

a) marantz's great value and musicality (frankly, i was seduced by the pre outs at that pricepoint - incomparable)

b) many members' preference for a musical avr. i guess it makes perfect sense that if you plan to listen and watch, might as well the BETTER of both worlds.

all in all, i think the reason marantzs get sold left and right is it holds its value very well so its the the perfect candidate to sell when you need funds for upgrades.

whip

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 11:32 AM »
hi whipsaw,

i agree with you.....evaluating an amp would be based on how the buyer would use it.   also, i agree with you that the person you sold your marantz to did something good in his past life....8k....that's a steal!!!  ;D

Like me, i was really satisfied with the amp I bought....can't think of life if I decided to purchase a different one.  Thanks to PINOYDVD!!!! ;D ;D ;D
;)

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #970 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 08:59 PM »
And who's the lucky guy?

Rock on! Marantz Receiver! Rock on! Marantz users!
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006 at 09:01 PM by Philander »

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #971 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 03:02 PM »
How's the performance of 5600 receiver both in movies and music?

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #972 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 01:26 PM »
Anyone here who's willing to sell their sr 4500 as well?  ;D

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #973 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 04:12 PM »
Share ko lang for future Marantz Buyers...

I was about to buy the 4500 at 5th Ave. Shangri-la kanina and I asked for an audition before getting the unit.   In fairness, the guy was very polite in answering my queries.  The bad thing in this store though, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD CD/DVD TO DEMO THEIR HT PRODUCTS!!!!   Yung DVD DEMO nila BURNED "bad quality" copy lang  at pati yung audiophile nila parang binili lang sa Divisoria.   "OK...(i said to the guy), kahit anong DVD movie na lang so I can have a feel of it lang."   To my surprise, they don't have any ORIGINAL DVD, lahat pirated kaya ayaw basahin nung Marantz DVD Player nila.   So hindi rin namin na-demo.

But since I am really decided to buy Marantz (atat na ako), I said that ok na I would buy it already.   Pero hindi pala qualified yung credit card ko sa 6 months 0% term.  Buti na lang,  I'll just buy in Abenson's or Western.

Just a message to the 5th Ave owner.........."How can you sell a good Marantz product, if you don't even have the tools to demo it!" 

Kaya future Marantz owners, i hope you'll know where NOT to buy.

Di ba ang 5th Ave. ay sister company ng Abenson? ;)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 06:27 PM »
Yup, I was informed 5th and Abenson have the same owners. 

I now recall the guys at 5th Ave Glorieta demoing their wares using pirated stuff, DVDs and CDs.  Could be an indication their management doesn't know any better.  Turns out it could also be an indication of how lousy their aftersales service is.   ;D

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #975 on: Apr 08, 2006 at 12:13 PM »
I have been using a mrantz SR4300 for the past 3 years...great for keeping SARS at bay....like everybody says great for audio, stil great for HT (it should be that's what it was built for)......but it is getting old and I can feel SARS slowly creeping in....but if I were to upgrade my receiver I think a higher spec marantz, Denon or a Harman Kardon would be in the future....
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006 at 12:16 PM by Dracula »

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #976 on: May 10, 2006 at 11:53 AM »
What features would you want to see in the upcoming entry-level maranzt receivers?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #977 on: May 12, 2006 at 12:04 PM »
With HD-DTS and Dolby TrueHD just around the corner, thanks to the arrival of HD-DVDs, you guys may want to postpont your receiver shopping til maybe end of the year.  ;D

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: May 16, 2006 at 10:56 AM »
Anyone here who's willing to sell their sr 4500 as well?  ;D

How much is your budget if you still looking for the SR4500? 
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #979 on: May 21, 2006 at 12:53 PM »
I dont wanna offend Marantz 4500 owners here (I really wanted one that was for sale here for 8K, but got away) but I noticed that this model (though, already 7.1 capable) is being sold in this forum left and right.  As I mentioned earlier, there was even one unit sold for 8K (owner cited that he would revert back to his other amp hence the sale).

I can understand 6.1 receivers sold by owners who might want a taste of 7.1 but what I don't get is why these Marantz 4500 owners sell theirs. Is there something wrong with this model?

Calling owners...

The same as with other owners of SR4500, when I bought my gears in mid of last year (Marantz SR4500 & Polk Audio Monitor Series).  I thought of having a HT system, but later on, when my original UK Monitor Audio S6 floorstanders arrived.  I realized that the 2-channel setup was more fun & exciting since I am really into music rather than movies.

There's no problem with the SR4500, actually it's one of the best sounding & best performing budget AV surround receivers in the market, plus the elegant looks with the full metal casing, unlike other receivers in it's class, most were made of plastic face-plate.  Marantz re-defines their products especially in the Range Series.  They're the first to introduced the 7.1 channels, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Neo 6/ES and SRS Circle Surround  on a budget package.  Most of these features can only be found in a thousand dollar(s) mark receiver.

For your reference kindly check this: http://www.hometheatermag.com/receivers/205marantz/index.html
                                                          http://www.hometheatermag.com/receivers/205marantz/index1.html
                                                          http://www.hometheatermag.com/receivers/205marantz/index2.html  (Lab Test)

As you know, may Lab Test Result pa 'yan, hindi basta salitang-laway lang na sinabing maganda ang SR4500, performance wise and lab results meron, di tulad ng ibang receivers na mag-re-rely ka na lang sa sinabi ng ibang tao.

Marantz SR4500 - "Solid Performer with plenty of features" (What HiFi UK, Group Test January 2005); Rating 4/5 Stars. 8)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 at 01:04 PM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #980 on: Jun 14, 2006 at 11:43 AM »
Dear Marantz owners,

May review na ba regarding new marantz sr5600 receiver? Thanks!

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Jun 15, 2006 at 07:10 PM »
Dear Marantz owners,

May review na ba regarding new marantz sr5600 receiver? Thanks!

Check the website @ marantz.com, may archive sila para sa lahat ng reviews & awards ng mga products nila.  BTW, the 500 (year 2005) & 600 (for year 2006) series are almost the same in terms of features. 8)
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline ceaclimaco

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 07:39 AM »
hi, im new here...
may nag bebenta kasi dito sa amin ng HOME THEATER set up nya for 20k....

i dont know it if its worth it...

here are the specs

1. Amplifier = marantz 54ds - 110v
2. digital Sound = Audio Source - 220v
3. 3 bose speaker with bose module
4. 2 pcs wharfdale modus cube speaker

yan lang ang naibigay sa akin details...
is it worth it?
ok ba ang set up na yan?

i will be using it for my home entertainment... although my dvd player is XENON 830 MODEL...

hope you could help me here
thanks in advance

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
ano po ba ideal speakers for marantz?

Offline alz

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 07:25 PM »
ano po ba ideal speakers for marantz?

up for this question...

How about wharfedale and marantz?good match ba?

Offline Phynix

• Apprentice
  • Greetings from an audio/video enthusiast!
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM »
Question lang po. If i am going to use the speaker B feature of the Marantz sr4500 to drive another set of speakers, will the output be a full range sound or will the sound generated be dependent on the multi-channel speaker settings? Example: if you use 5.1 and set all speakers to small then use the surround back/speaker B feature to drive another pair of speakers to a different room/location will that speaker B pair generate a fullrange sound ? Will there be bass in the speaker B output even if the 5.1 channel settings are all set to small? TIA. Have a great day, y'all!

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #986 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM »
You may want to read the user manual and check if speaker settings for A and B are indpendent.  Some receivers may allow independent settings, others might not. 

Offline Phynix

• Apprentice
  • Greetings from an audio/video enthusiast!
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 08:06 AM »
Thanks for the input sir av_phile1. I'll check it out. Cheers!

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: Aug 24, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
marantz owners,

puwede ba magamit ht-eq feature ng marantz maski walang center speaker na naka-connect?

Offline niceNslow

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Aug 30, 2006 at 01:49 PM »
mga bro, magkano ang marantz sr7500? pati resell niya magkano din?