Author Topic: Samsung Series 7 Concerns  (Read 519 times)

Offline jhayc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung Series 7 Concerns
« on: Feb 05, 2009 at 05:44 AM »
We have a Samsung Series  7 TV at home and it has a WiseLink USB port that supports divx playback.  I watch TV shows using that player but one thing I've noticed is that when I play .avi files straight from the TV's USB port, the quality is VERY GOOD,

However, when I play the same .avi file using the PS3 and the Samsung HTIB that came with the TV, the quality is poor, as compared to when I play it .  IN FACT, I've tried playing an .mkv file in the TV (actually, an .mkv file, but since the PS3 only supports .m2ts files, I converted it to .m2ts) and the 1gb .mkv file looked worse than the 350mb divx .avi file.

My only guess is that the TV upscales the video to 1080p which makes it look so good.  Any ideas?

OnT: I'm very pleased with the TV in general.  One gripe I have with the .avi capability is that it doesn't have subtitle support.  And oh, I've heard news that Samsung is going to release TVs with .mkv support.  Does Samsung have a history of giving firmware updates to upgrade our TVs?  Thanks a lot guys!