Author Topic: Where can I buy a good 29 inch CRT T.V (UPDATED POST!)  (Read 6190 times)

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Where can I buy a good 29 inch CRT T.V (UPDATED POST!)
« on: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:25 AM »
It does not have to be an HD CRT anymore, as long as it's 29 inch, brand new and either a Sony or a Philips.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2009 at 06:10 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: Where can I buy a good 29 inch CRT T.V (Desperate here)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM »
Your best choice would probably be the Pixel Plus series from Philips.  I bet there are still quite a few of these going around.

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 01:31 AM »
Your best choice would probably be the Pixel Plus series from Philips.  I bet there are still quite a few of these going around.

Yup really looking hard for them CRT's

Thanks.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM »
Carlo why CRT?   I dont think you'd still be able to find a brand new 29 HD CRT now.   But if you are interested, I might offer one of my Sony KV-DB29M60 (DRC-MF, 720p/1080i).  I bought 2 brand new sets in late 2006 for 40K pesos each.   That was probably the last HD CRT na 4:3 in Asia-Pacific.   May plastic protection pa yung corners.   You wanna bid?

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:50 AM »
Yes, check out sir Clondalkin's Sony.

The new CRTs at the malls are not only getting fewer and fewer, they're also getting worse and worse.  Even the new Sony CRTs are worse now than the old models.

BTW, why the urgent need for a CRT?  ???

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM by barrister »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM »
I can still see Samsung and JVC crt's ... mukhang wala na nga Sony .... you're best bet is to look at stores in the outskirts of Manila ... try mo mga stores dito sa may Paranaque area -parang luma pa rin mga tinda ng Abenson at SM dito sa Bicutan and Sucat area ...or try Raon
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM »
Yes, check out sir Clondalkin's Sony.

The new CRTs at the malls are not only getting fewer and fewer, they're also getting worse and worse.  Even the new Sony CRTs are worse now than the old models.

BTW, why the urgent need for a CRT?  ???

Yup, i'll give it a try^

It's for my wife who up to now is still not a big fan of either plasma or lcd, hence the reason behind the "urgency" ;)

I can still see Samsung and JVC crt's ... mukhang wala na nga Sony .... you're best bet is to look at stores in the outskirts of Manila ... try mo mga stores dito sa may Paranaque area -parang luma pa rin mga tinda ng Abenson at SM dito sa Bicutan and Sucat area ...or try Raon

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:53 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 01:23 PM »
Carlo why CRT?   I dont think you'd still be able to find a brand new 29 HD CRT now.   But if you are interested, I might offer one of my Sony KV-DB29M60 (DRC-MF, 720p/1080i).  I bought 2 brand new sets in late 2006 for 40K pesos each.   That was probably the last HD CRT na 4:3 in Asia-Pacific.   May plastic protection pa yung corners.   You wanna bid?

Opo boss sent you a pm^

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Where can I buy a good 29 inch CRT T.V (UPDATED POST!)
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 06:14 PM »
Mga bossing! Sights and Sounds is really going out of it's way to look for a CRT, that's what I call service!

Anyway, I think they may still get a certain Sony 32XBR450? Not sure about the model, but do we have any info about this unit? All I know is this "buggy" weighs around 200 pounds! My goodness...I don't have a stand for such a behemoth of a T.V.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2009 at 06:16 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 06:31 PM »
Mga bossing! Sights and Sounds is really going out of it's way to look for a CRT, that's what I call service!

Anyway, I think they may still get a certain Sony 32XBR450? Not sure about the model, but do we have any info about this unit? All I know is this "buggy" weighs around 200 pounds! My goodness...I don't have a stand for such a behemoth of a T.V.

Have you been quoted a price?

HDTV-Ready siya. Specifications

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 06:32 PM »
Have you been quoted a price?

HDTV-Ready siya. Specifications

None yet Mi lord!

Thanks for the link^

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 09:19 AM »
Di naman 200 lbs. Carlo.  Around 180 lbs. lang yung 32 inch ko.   ;D  Di kaya ng wall mount pero xacto lang sa TV cabinet.   ;D ;D ;D

Pahanap ka nung 720p na Super Fine Pitch kay Boss Vic.

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 02:28 PM »
Di naman 200 lbs. Carlo.  Around 180 lbs. lang yung 32 inch ko.   ;D  Di kaya ng wall mount pero xacto lang sa TV cabinet.   ;D ;D ;D

Pahanap ka nung 720p na Super Fine Pitch kay Boss Vic.

Sir we have a chance to get a brand new Sony KV-DB29M60 from Vic, could you please give a short impression of the unit?

Thank you very much in advance.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 02:54 PM »
Sir we have a chance to get a brand new Sony KV-DB29M60 from Vic, could you please give a short impression of the unit?

Ok great.  If you notice mahilig talaga ako sa short na review.  ;D

1.  Excellent for crappy Skycable.

2.  Excellent for DVD playback especially if your DVD is capable of progressive playback.

3.  No HDMI inputs.  720p and 1080i are available only through component video.  2 yata yung available component video sa likod.

4.  Pretty good boomy built-in speaker system.  Well thats the advantage of having such a bulky case.

5.  The unit is not as heavy as the Super Fine Pitch model I'm using in Tokyo.  So there must be some "beef" lacking in there.  But for Philippine applications, not a big deal perhaps.

6.  Eto one issue.  Sanay na eyes mo on LCD HDTV and Plasma with much higher native resolution.  You will find the 720p image of the DB29M60 to be relatively "softer".  You wont notice the 3D effect na kayang palabasin ng Plasma and LCD.   Nevertheless, the entire image (tested on HD DVD and Xbox360 game) is still quite nice but you need to sit very near this unit to better appreciate the resolution.  Advantage eto dun sa mga taong mahilig manood ng malapit talaga (like the kids or yung malabo ang mata).  Of course, you can only do that if you're watching a high def content.  If SD cable, move as far back as you have to.

7.  Eto pa isang issue.  Sanay ka na sa 40 and bigger na screen, 29 is gonna be toooooo small.  It gets even smaller if you watch a movie in cinemascope because the TV is 4:3 and there would be huge black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.  Ang pangit naman nung image if you zoom it to fit the size of the screen.  Kung makakakuha ka sana ng 32-incher na HD-CRT with Super Fine Pitch tube, that would be much better.  That kind of TV is good enough even as PC monitor.

8.  Color saturation - youd have enough manual settings to customize the image to your liking.  The Dynamic preset is an eyesore.  Oks lang yung Standard but the best looking image is achievable if you play around with the manual settings.  No need to expound on how good the color saturation of a CRT is.

I still don't get why you'd go through this "downgrade" after experiencing 50V HDTVs, but this CRT is a good model nonetheless.

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 02:59 PM »
Ok great.  If you notice mahilig talaga ako sa short na review.  ;D

1.  Excellent for crappy Skycable.

2.  Excellent for DVD playback especially if your DVD is capable of progressive playback.

3.  No HDMI inputs.  720p and 1080i are available only through component video.  2 yata yung available component video sa likod.

4.  Pretty good boomy built-in speaker system.  Well thats the advantage of having such a bulky case.

5.  The unit is not as heavy as the Super Fine Pitch model I'm using in Tokyo.  So there must be some "beef" lacking in there.  But for Philippine applications, not a big deal perhaps.

6.  Eto one issue.  Sanay na eyes mo on LCD HDTV and Plasma with much higher native resolution.  You will find the 720p image of the DB29M60 to be relatively "softer".  You wont notice the 3D effect na kayang palabasin ng Plasma and LCD.   Nevertheless, the entire image (tested on HD DVD and Xbox360 game) is still quite nice but you need to sit very near this unit to better appreciate the resolution.  Advantage eto dun sa mga taong mahilig manood ng malapit talaga (like the kids or yung malabo ang mata).  Of course, you can only do that if you're watching a high def content.  If SD cable, move as far back as you have to.

7.  Eto pa isang issue.  Sanay ka na sa 40 and bigger na screen, 29 is gonna be toooooo small.  It gets even smaller if you watch a movie in cinemascope because the TV is 4:3 and there would be huge black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.  Ang pangit naman nung image if you zoom it to fit the size of the screen.  Kung makakakuha ka sana ng 32-incher na HD-CRT with Super Fine Pitch tube, that would be much better.  That kind of TV is good enough even as PC monitor.

8.  Color saturation - youd have enough manual settings to customize the image to your liking.  The Dynamic preset is an eyesore.  Oks lang yung Standard but the best looking image is achievable if you play around with the manual settings.  No need to expound on how good the color saturation of a CRT is.

I still don't get why you'd go through this "downgrade" after experiencing 50V HDTVs, but this CRT is a good model nonetheless.

It's my wife ;) I'll ask her to create an account here so she can fire away with all her questions^

Salamat sa review boss, I'll direct her here mamaya.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2009 at 03:01 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 03:18 PM »
BTW, maganda nga pala yung Dynamic setting when watching high def movie (HD DVD in my case).  It tends to highlight the resolution.

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 06:16 PM »
BTW, maganda nga pala yung Dynamic setting when watching high def movie (HD DVD in my case).  It tends to highlight the resolution.

Cge, if ever Vic finds one we'll test this with HD-DVD as well.

Offline newtype

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • yo...
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 01:46 PM »
So how much is this Sony KV-DB29M60 and where can I get it?

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #18 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 02:22 PM »
my dad just retired his xbr 32" too in favor of lcd... pm me kung hahanap ka.. ill ask him if ibebenta niya..

and yes.. its really heavy hehehe why nga ba heavy mga xbr???

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 01:09 AM »
So how much is this Sony KV-DB29M60 and where can I get it?

Listed at Sony's website as 22k, but good luck finding one, this unit seems to be nowhere in site. I heard there could be one at the Automatic center in Edsa Central.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2009 at 01:12 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 2009 at 11:52 PM »
Listed at Sony's website as 22k, but good luck finding one, this unit seems to be nowhere in site. I heard there could be one at the Automatic center in Edsa Central.

kung Php 22K lang i'd rather get those 32" LCD being sold for Php 25K sa Theatreworks o Sights and sound ..... kesa going with bulky CRTs

mas matipid pa sa koryente :)

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009 at 06:52 PM »
sa pier ang dami ... pero nasa 110 volts lang  :(..japanese  ang mga naka sulat sa  volume, channel at menus,, for 29 inch sony flat screen tv CRT, youll be surprise with its price tag... P3500.00 to P4000.00 for 32 inch widescreen it is P9500.00 negotiable pa..Ang headache mu lng with the pier TV is the remote control, channel converter at yung umiinit  sya in a long operation.. Pero may solusyun naman dun buy a good channel converter in raon at tapus i modifiy  mu yung TV for better heat dissipation..In my case i Put 2 CD-R King 12 volts fan.. ;D  ;D  hehehe

Offline ricochet315

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009 at 11:52 PM »
Siguro nga the CRT manufacturers are shipping their remaining CRT stocks to their dealers in the provinces.  Last year I got a 29" Panasonic for around P17K and just last week, I saw a 34" Sharp on sale for P28K.  Hindi na ako nag dalawang isip kasi nagiisa na lang yung stock nila sa bodega bukod doon sa display unit nila.  Both produce stunning PQ on SD cable broadcast.  Yung Sharp napakaganda pa ng sound.  Sulit talaga!
Always Do The Harder Right And Not The Easier Wrong

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM »
sa pier ang dami ... pero nasa 110 volts lang  :(

100v lang yan, di tatagal TV mo kung sa 110v mo sinaksak.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #24 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 01:14 PM »
at yung umiinit  sya in a long operation.. Pero may solusyun naman dun i modifiy  mu yung TV for better heat dissipation..In my case i Put 2 CD-R King 12 volts fan.. ;D  ;D  hehehe

My HD CRT also used to get incredibly hot, the resistor eventually fried and messed up the TV's aspect ratio.
A technician from ACT solved this by installing additional heatsinks.  :)

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 08:45 AM »
were you finally able to get one, sir?  what did you decide on getting?

i'm in the market right now for a cheap 29" eh.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 10:29 AM »
Hey guys, I just need advice because my Grandmother's Sony CRT 32'' XBR just died and the technician suggested that she better just buy a new TV set.
She doesn't want to buy any of the new flat-panels

So I'm currently on the hunt for a good 29'' CRT.
And since Sony, Philips CRT's are no longer available in the market, my only choices are as follows.

All 29''

- Panasonic - Found a shop selling this as is, last stock na, This is my top choice kaso lang display model siya. Is it okay to buy this?
- SHARP
- JVC
- LG
- TCL

Which of these is the best of the bunch in terms of PQ, pirce, durability, features and warranty.

Offline DonMiguel85

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM »
Hey guys, I just need advice because my Grandmother's Sony CRT 32'' XBR just died and the technician suggested that she better just buy a new TV set.
She doesn't want to buy any of the new flat-panels

So I'm currently on the hunt for a good 29'' CRT.
And since Sony, Philips CRT's are no longer available in the market, my only choices are as follows.

All 29''

- Panasonic - Found a shop selling this as is, last stock na, This is my top choice kaso lang display model siya. Is it okay to buy this?
- SHARP
- JVC
- LG
- TCL

Which of these is the best of the bunch in terms of PQ, pirce, durability, features and warranty.

What's her reasoning for not getting an LCD Juanch? Tell her it's worth it naman. Lower power consumption and heat pa than a CRT, and widescreen.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 05:50 PM »
What's her reasoning for not getting an LCD Juanch? Tell her it's worth it naman. Lower power consumption and heat pa than a CRT, and widescreen.

ewan ko sa kanya, basta she wants the old style parin.

Offline Iskolastiko

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 09:03 PM »
may mga nagbebeta pa ba dito ng mga crt tv yung hindi surplus?
yung 25" pataas sana