Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 186755 times)

Offline DIDi10

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #510 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
Paging Didio! post mo na dito yung pic ng bago mong 'cherry'

LOL

;D

as requested by sir mikee....simple set up lang hehehe

RTi A3 from sir Louie_18

Stand from sir Mikee
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011 at 08:47 PM by DIDi10 »

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #511 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 12:01 PM »
I love the smell of fresh new cherries.. Yung pagkalabas na pagkalabas mo pa lang sa box... ;)

Iba ba ang amoy ng cherry wood veneer (RTi Ax series) as compared to the black veneer?

I'm just curious

RTi A3 from sir Louie_18

Stand from sir Mikee

yeah, your listening area looks better and the stands 'stands out' on the pic.

I break in na yang speakers na yan. just play content on your rotel for a couple of hours a day.

Dont forget to apply lemon/orange pledge every so often para masarap yung amoy LOL
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #512 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 12:39 PM »

RTi A3 from sir Louie_18

Stand from sir Mikee

Great to see the A3's Sir Oliver
Ganda din ng stands  ;)

Post na kyo sa Gallery  ;D

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 01:16 PM »
ganda pala ng cherry colored speakers with the right set of furniture / accessories.

dito kasi all black na kaya I decided on black RTiA3.

lumitaw yung stands with the cherry RTiA3
Gay Stereophile

Offline DIDi10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 03:05 PM »
ganda pala ng cherry colored speakers with the right set of furniture / accessories.

dito kasi all black na kaya I decided on black RTiA3.

lumitaw yung stands with the cherry RTiA3

.....kaya excited akong umuwi agad after office hehe

Offline volcomstoner

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 12:06 PM »
mga master,

ganda ng rti's nyo.. im new here sir,  ask ko lang po sana ,kasi nagbasa basa na din ako ng mga review ng rti's
ok daw po sya sa music, music lover po ako,and im into alternative , blues , rock at heavy metal, bagay po ba yung
rti a3 or a1 sa ganung music? at kaya po ba sila idrive ng fiio a1 digital amp? ty sa makakasagot...apir!

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 01:03 PM »
mga master,

ganda ng rti's nyo.. im new here sir,  ask ko lang po sana ,kasi nagbasa basa na din ako ng mga review ng rti's

ok daw po sya sa music, music lover po ako,and im into alternative , blues , rock at heavy metal, bagay po ba yung  rti a3 or a1 sa ganung music? at kaya po ba sila idrive ng fiio a1 digital amp?

ty sa makakasagot...apir!

You've come to the right place!

RTi A1/A3 is great for alternative/R&B/rock and heavy metal.

Once in a while I still listen to old school CDs of metallica/guns&roses. but most of the time, its classical/instrumental and jazz, tapos pag me party, Bed Manila house mixes from a friend who partly owns the club. the RTi A3 delivers everytime.

Of course if you want deeper and more powerful bass, better invest in a sub so 2.1 (stereo speakers+sub) ang labas nya - that's what I have at home since every so often me party dito sa bahay (perfect party speakers so to speak)

The RTiA1/3s are quite sensitive so kayang I-drive ng FiioA1 or DTA-1 for a small bedroom, pero a bit of caution, baka mabitin ka sa output ng fiio a1 when you want to get really loud sa sala or balcony.

As per checking on the net

Fiio A1 specs
 Output power: 14W*2
 Load Impedance: 4~8Ώ
 SNR: ≧86dB( A weight)
 Distortion: 0.06% (1W)
 Frequency response: 10Hz-25KHz
 Power supply: DC 12V 3.5A
 Size: 166mm×96mm×56mm
 Weight: 481g

What I would recommend is a 40-50W integrated amp to satisfy the inner rockstar in you.

why dont you come over here and listen to my setup before you commit to an RTiA. kaya nga nakabili si Didio ng 'cherry' dahil sa setup dito LOL

-Mikee-
Gay Stereophile

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #517 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 01:12 PM »
^ Rti As are indeed excellent speakers especially if partnered with the right amp. Mikeer is correct, try it out muna using your fiio before you decide to buy.
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 02:04 PM »
^ Rti As are indeed excellent speakers especially if partnered with the right amp. Mikeer is correct, try it out muna using your fiio before you decide to buy.

volcomstoner, swerte ka nga your amp can fit on the palm of your hand. as for me, I remember I have to lug around a 15kg amp to the various audio/vido shops when I was auditioning for my bookshelves, good thing magkakalapit sila sa park square, but i still ended up with a polk

anyway, since you have a handy amp,you have better range (pwede mo dalhin kahit saan) and options since di ka limited if you need to commute.
Gay Stereophile

Offline DIDi10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 05:55 PM »

What I would recommend is a 40-50W integrated amp to satisfy the inner rockstar in you.

why dont you come over here and listen to my setup before you commit to an RTiA. kaya nga nakabili si Didio ng 'cherry' dahil sa setup dito LOL

-Mikee-

Ahahaha...exactly at buti na lang nanjan si sir Louie_18. Everyday i enjoy listening to my RTi A3 may it be on a low or high volume, it delivers my music perfectly. As mikee recommends a 40-50W amp can already drive well the RTi A3. I just use only 30W amp to drive my RTi and im quite satisfied with the sound quality and power it gives.

Offline volgard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 09:36 PM »
RTi A3 is A-ok... sings very nice, looks very nice.

;)

Offline pa3ck608

• DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 10:48 PM »
...a 40-50W amp can already drive well the RTi A3. I just use only 30W amp to drive my RTi and im quite satisfied with the sound quality and power it gives.

and as i have observed, unlike others speaks which are picky with amps, the RTiAs partner very well with most gears. I'm using it alternately with my onkyo and cambridge, which have very contrasting sound character, but to my ears they both sound superb.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #522 on: Aug 07, 2011 at 04:54 AM »
and as i have observed, unlike others speaks which are picky with amps, the RTiAs partner very well with most gears. I'm using it alternately with my onkyo and cambridge, which have very contrasting sound character, but to my ears they both sound superb.

I think it's partly because they're just so easy to drive (no major impedance dips and manageable phase angles), and partly because they have a fairly neutral character when aimed properly (clean and flat response for the most part, in both frequency and time domains). Most amps won't strain to power them, plus introducing less coloration makes it less likely for them to clash with the rest of the system's character.

Offline volcomstoner

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Aug 07, 2011 at 07:55 PM »
volcomstoner, swerte ka nga your amp can fit on the palm of your hand. as for me, I remember I have to lug around a 15kg amp to the various audio/vido shops when I was auditioning for my bookshelves, good thing magkakalapit sila sa park square, but i still ended up with a polk

anyway, since you have a handy amp,you have better range (pwede mo dalhin kahit saan) and options since di ka limited if you need to commute.

Sir mikee,

thanks sa reply hehe..baguhan lang po ako sa hobby na  to,galing po sa ATP3 na speaker..at naghihingalo na at gusto ng kapalit..kaya nga lang po ako bumili ng amp ,kasi may speaker na luma ang ang lolo ko ,hehe..di nya na ginagamit..(jbl control LA)  ..tapos nagbasa basa ko sa net
at nakita ko si pinoydvd..kala ko po kasi mahirap bumili ng dayton..so fiio ang binili ko sa sns shangrila..
nung na-try ko sa speaker ..panalo!! ganda ng mids at highs..bitin lng sa bass..pero ok naman sa mga instrument at boses..kaya lang nung nabasa ko rti series..nacurious ako..kung ako e naoverwhelmed sa lumang speaker..panu pa kaya yung mga rti na dedicated sa sounds..waaaaah!
well ngaung nabasa ko na review coming from you na mahilig din sa rock at  heavy metal..hehe..mag iipon na ko..haha..dati po kasi kong nagbabanda..at talagang mahilig sa musika..dating natugtog ngayun e nakikinig na lang hehehe...teka sir willing ka ba ipatest sa akin yung rti mo? hehe.taga-saan po kayo sir?..sana malapit ka lang sa alabang hehe..nang makatikim ng rti ang mobile ampli ko..thanks sir! apir!!

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Aug 07, 2011 at 09:33 PM »
volcomstoner,

I'm from Pasay, a few steps from the Libertad LRT station, or 2 jeep /1 bus,1 jeep rides away from the alabang area.

I saw your post in the MA thread. I am a new owner of an MA B1 (the older sibling to the BR1/BX1) and its currently connected to the PC via the Marantz PM-45 amp.

I also owned an Altec-Lansing ADA-305 before letting it go just a few weeks ago,the Altecs have been my PC speaker since I got it 1994.

Anyway, the if you want to listen to the B1 too, sonic character is not that different from the BR1/BX1 although of course, the BR1 and BX1 are newer reincarnations of the B1.

If you are really interested in auditioning the RTiA3s/MA B1 here, just PM me for a date and when you want to go.
Gay Stereophile

Offline volcomstoner

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Aug 07, 2011 at 09:56 PM »
volcomstoner,

I'm from Pasay, a few steps from the Libertad LRT station, or 2 jeep /1 bus,1 jeep rides away from the alabang area.

I saw your post in the MA thread. I am a new owner of an MA B1 (the older sibling to the BR1/BX1) and its currently connected to the PC via the Marantz PM-45 amp.

I also owned an Altec-Lansing ADA-305 before letting it go just a few weeks ago,the Altecs have been my PC speaker since I got it 1994.

Anyway, the if you want to listen to the B1 too, sonic character is not that different from the BR1/BX1 although of course, the BR1 and BX1 are newer reincarnations of the B1.

If you are really interested in auditioning the RTiA3s/MA B1 here, just PM me for a date and when you want to go.

Sir mikee,

yeah!!my gf lives near quirino taft, and every weekend  nadalaw ako sa kanya..mas malapit sa libertad lrt..hehe..dyan  ko din sila sinasamahan mamalengke malapit sa libertad ..nice nice nice..sige po sir pm ko po kayo .. every weekend po nandyan ako sa manila..thanks sir..apir!

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #526 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
Come compare the Rti a3, B&w 685, monitor audio bx2 and rx1 in the shop. :)

MLY ENTERPRISES. Unit 303 Amaremca bldg. 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city. :)

Offline barricades

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM »
Come compare the Rti a3, B&w 685, monitor audio bx2 and rx1 in the shop. :)

MLY ENTERPRISES. Unit 303 Amaremca bldg. 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city. :)
sir what is your personal conclusion po sa comparison ng rti a1 / bx2 / p162 from an entry level avr?

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #528 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:09 PM »
sir barricades, it's better to audition them. but let me share na lang din my listening experience, 2 channels set-up audition for BX 2 and P 162.  mas madaling na-abot ng BX2 yung tunog na gusto ko, yung P 162 na-abot din nya. mas mataas ng around P 2 K ang presyo ng BX2.  both are warm sounding speaker with good details and sound stage.  i bought BX for HT but if budget permits ok din P 162 for audio.  i have not tried the polk. i hope this helps.

:D

Offline volcomstoner

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 07:37 AM »
Finally, na audition ko na ang rti a3 sa av shop(salamat kay sir james ng AVshop )
Actually naudition ko rti a3 vs klipsch rb61 vs b and w685,
Using my fiio amp a1, ok naman lahat ng speakers ba ntry ko pero dahil rti thread to
Panalo ang rti..joke hehe..
Di po ako isang audiophile..lets say music lover lang kaya di po ako teknikal
Magsshare lang ako ng experience para sa mga gusto din makakakuha ng idea

using my fiio amp a1 (14W per channel)
using my ipod touch 4th gen,i played the song of Dream theAter (dance of eternity)

Rtia3- panalo sa instruments(litaw lahat) ,sa bass (dinig na dinig ko yung doublebass ni mike portnoy)
          nakuha nya yung kapal ng tunog na hinahanap ko sa speaker pagdating sa riffs ng gitara
        (especialy palm muting) kahit tinodo ko volume ng amp .di sya nakakstress
         tinesting ko din sa ballad (with sarah mclachlan's angel) sakto lang naman

Klipsch rb61 - ok din sya,kayang kayang tapatan si rti  , bright nga lang masyado,nung tinudo ko na volume
                    medyo parang nakakastress na kapag matagal papakinggan, pero ok syang speaker ,kailngan         nya lang siguro ng amp na  babagay sa kanya ..but when i tried to play (sarah mclachlan's angel) nainlab ako sa  tunog..the best sya sa boses at mellow na tugtugan,orchestra siguro pwede din..basta        bagayan to ng amp sisigaw ang klipsch rb61 ng the best na tunog

b andw 685--maganda din tunog nito ,parang rti a3 din sya, but using my amp parang bitin sya ,di ko na sya tinest masyado
                  kasi nabibitin sya sa amp ko,pero panalo din tong speaker na to  it only needs a better amp,
                   tsaka isa pa wala na sya sa budget range ko hahaha..

yun lang po,inuulit ko di po ako isang audiophile,music lover lang,nagshare lng po ng ideas
pero sabi nga ng nakararami,kanya kanyang tenga yan,kanya kanyang preferences.kanya kanyang genre ng pinakikinggan, at isa pa matching talaga ng gamit nyo ang mahalaga,so bring your own amp ..hehe..
Ipon mode muna ko...salamat sa avshop..apir!!  (sori sa mga paragraphs na magulo ,ipod kasi gamit ko pagcomment)

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM by volcomstoner »

Offline mcjefferson

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 04:10 PM »
thanks for sharing sir volcom..

i have my rti a1 which i bought by one of our member here. i can say my system can sing well now i love it. it can drive my receiver flawlessly and i notice that the heat are lessen with the same volume that i played before in my previous speakers. my receiver is just an HTIB from onkyo, i can say that this speakers give less stress to my amps.
LG 47LA7400 / SAM UA40EH5000
Onkyo HT-S5300 / A-922M stereo set 
Polk RTI A3 / dsw pro 400
PS3

Offline Erbz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 05:04 PM »

Sir, i have an A3 connected to my Onkyo NR509. Yung A3 bago pa. Just bought it last Sunday lang  ;D. Pansin ko medyo bright siya... ganun ba talaga? Gusto ko sana warmer ng konti.

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #532 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
Sir, i have an A3 connected to my Onkyo NR509. Yung A3 bago pa. Just bought it last Sunday lang  ;D. Pansin ko medyo bright siya... ganun ba talaga? Gusto ko sana warmer ng konti.

Hi @Erbz.
We have the same setup.
Mejo bright talaga Ang A3 and Onkyo for music. Mejo manipis din yung sound.
I just added a tube buffer na Yaqin. It helped a lot.
I also changed my speaker wire to the flat Regza lalo pa nagging warm, but it tamed the mids.
If it's bright even for movies, have you done Audyssey calibration?
Lastly, it might be crunchy new pa. Keep using Lang muna. Hehehe..

Happy listening!

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #533 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 10:46 PM »
Been loving my RTi's everyday pakiramdam ko gumaganda nang gumaganda tunog nya each time i use it....
Walang Setup

Offline pa3ck608

• DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 10:58 PM »

para sa akin hindi namn ganun kabright or baka nasanay ka lng sa mga warm/dark sound. anyway, the sq will still improve by giving it a few days of 'break-in period'. If it still doesnt improve to your standards, you can change speaker cables that are warm in character. paghindi pa rin, may LSi dyan na siguradong hindi bright  ;D 

Offline Erbz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Sep 07, 2011 at 02:06 AM »
Hi @Erbz.
We have the same setup.
Mejo bright talaga Ang A3 and Onkyo for music. Mejo manipis din yung sound.
I just added a tube buffer na Yaqin. It helped a lot.
I also changed my speaker wire to the flat Regza lalo pa nagging warm, but it tamed the mids.
If it's bright even for movies, have you done Audyssey calibration?
Lastly, it might be crunchy new pa. Keep using Lang muna. Hehehe..

Happy listening!

Thank you sa advice sir.

Sir ano yung tube buffer? Paano setup nun. And were can i get the cables and yaqin?

Salamt ng marami!

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #536 on: Sep 07, 2011 at 06:00 AM »
Thank you sa advice sir.

Sir ano yung tube buffer? Paano setup nun. And were can i get the cables and yaqin?

Salamt ng marami!

Good day!

Marc sa avshop has some, ata..

Look for kemozavi here sa forums or head on to Watt Hifi in Makati Cinema they have the Yaqin products too..

(",)

Offline mcjefferson

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
Been loving my RTi's everyday pakiramdam ko gumaganda nang gumaganda tunog nya each time i use it....
same observation here ;D
i'm using yamaha amp 85w/ch for my rti a1 hindi kaya masira si A1 in the long run?
LG 47LA7400 / SAM UA40EH5000
Onkyo HT-S5300 / A-922M stereo set 
Polk RTI A3 / dsw pro 400
PS3

Offline JesusIsLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM »
@All Polk Aficionados

It's great finding a thread re: the Polk RTI Series, since my family and I will be building our first HT.  I wanted to get some feedback on this particular setup. My main concern is specifically whether my AVR will be able to power this set of RTI speakers, without clipping or distortion.  Just want to make sure the AVR can sufficiently drive this set:

Denon 3311 (mainly for the pre-outs & video processing capabilities that I prefer over Onkyo's Faroudja)
RTI A3 - Mains
CSI A6 - Center
RTI A1 - Surrounds
SVS pc12nsd

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM »
Not familiar with the Denon but I used a Pioneer VSX-1019 and our Yamaha RX-V3800 to drive a very similar setup, and in both cases I did not find any problems.  The RTi line is noted for is ease of driving. 
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB