Author Topic: Latest PS3 price and where to get  (Read 68797 times)

Offline memeks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Latest PS3 price and where to get
« Reply #150 on: Jul 08, 2011 at 04:25 PM »
depende sa laro. kung luma na pwde un. pro may ibang games, usually new games, ksi kailngan pinaka updated un FW bgo ka magkapaglaro.

thank you very much!

Offline indiosbravos2002

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 03:39 AM »
Better get the PS3 unit from the local Sony stores.  It will cost more but you will be covered with 1 year warranty (more expensive by 2 to 3k).  Datablitz sells dirt cheap PS3s pero in most cases will not honor your unit's warranty or will give you a hard time before they do repair the unit (based on experiences on another playstation forum)  The PS3 is an awesome entertainment system and is tougher than an XBOX 360 but is not free from defects (YLOD, Blu ray malfunction etc...).  A good warranty should protect your investment in case anything happens.

The jailbreak thing is really a choice of the buyer but in case you are a gaming person being legit is the way to go. Its the only way to play online... free (to boot)  on the PSN.   Once you've tried online gaming you will be hooked. I've tried and i never played 2k11 and Super Street Fighter IV offline again.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2011 at 03:43 AM by indiosbravos2002 »

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #152 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM »
Better get the PS3 unit from the local Sony stores.  It will cost more but you will be covered with 1 year warranty (more expensive by 2 to 3k).  Datablitz sells dirt cheap PS3s pero in most cases will not honor your unit's warranty or will give you a hard time before they do repair the unit (based on experiences on another playstation forum)  The PS3 is an awesome entertainment system and is tougher than an XBOX 360 but is not free from defects (YLOD, Blu ray malfunction etc...).  A good warranty should protect your investment in case anything happens.

The jailbreak thing is really a choice of the buyer but in case you are a gaming person being legit is the way to go. Its the only way to play online... free (to boot)  on the PSN.   Once you've tried online gaming you will be hooked. I've tried and i never played 2k11 and Super Street Fighter IV offline again.

sony local stores really sell expensive PS3 units.. additional 2-3k for 1 yr warranty (though other stores have warranty too) ? for me, its not worth it. unless you really abuse your PS3, it will not have those known defects.:-\

Offline indiosbravos2002

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Jul 22, 2011 at 03:41 AM »
sony local stores really sell expensive PS3 units.. additional 2-3k for 1 yr warranty (though other stores have warranty too) ? for me, its not worth it. unless you really abuse your PS3, it will not have those known defects.:-\

Most shops warranties are limited to repairs by their so called inhouse "technicians".  I have not yet encountered a shop that has replaced a defective unit with a brand new one.   This is the risk of importing sa HK or US, the sellers themselves are not covered by warranties and will not be able to return these lemon units to Sony. LIkewise, majority of these local shops do not have competent technicians that could handle your PS3.  Repair of the PS3 normally is done via reflowing or reballing and only a handful of technicians can  do this in Manila.

I guess bottomline is if you are on a tight budget and is seriously considering buying from DB or shops in GH, ensure that you talk to the store and make it clear about the warranty. 

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Jul 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM »
Most shops warranties are limited to repairs by their so called inhouse "technicians".  I have not yet encountered a shop that has replaced a defective unit with a brand new one.   This is the risk of importing sa HK or US, the sellers themselves are not covered by warranties and will not be able to return these lemon units to Sony. LIkewise, majority of these local shops do not have competent technicians that could handle your PS3.  Repair of the PS3 normally is done via reflowing or reballing and only a handful of technicians can  do this in Manila.

I guess bottomline is if you are on a tight budget and is seriously considering buying from DB or shops in GH, ensure that you talk to the store and make it clear about the warranty. 

yes, i agree. ;)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #155 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM »
Guys I'm planning to get an Asian Version PS3. Just would like to ask kung anong bluray movie regions ang playable sa kanya?

Thanks a lot  ;)

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #156 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM »
Guys I'm planning to get an Asian Version PS3. Just would like to ask kung anong bluray movie regions ang playable sa kanya?

Thanks a lot  ;)

Well, I asked this question before, as far as I can remember, it plays Region A for BDs.... and since it's an Asian version, it plays Region 3 for DVDs.
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #157 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 08:32 PM »
Got my PS3 Slim 320GB from Mr.Dynamic for Php 13,800. This is already the CECH-3000 series.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #158 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 08:03 AM »
New @ PS3 but planning to buy one for my kids. can i get a lowdown on the makes and what to watch out for when getting it. like -- can i get small disk and upgrade later? are these unbricked? am i better off getting PS3 in the US and unbrick here? what's the controllers that a must to maximize a local package buy?

Salamat braders.
toy

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
New @ PS3 but planning to buy one for my kids. can i get a lowdown on the makes and what to watch out for when getting it. like -- can i get small disk and upgrade later? are these unbricked? am i better off getting PS3 in the US and unbrick here? what's the controllers that a must to maximize a local package buy?

Salamat braders.

Hi... yes, you can upgrade your HDD later on if you want. I have a 160gb and plan to upgrade to 500gb soon. Madali lang daw but since I have enough space pa naman, I'm still ok with the 160gb. PS3 US and ASIAN version are the same in terms of games since games are region-free. If US version, it can only read R1 DVDs... if ASIAN version, R3 DVDs. Plus the controls are a little different, the X and O.  It's better to purchase here for the warranty. The package usually comes with one controller only, so you can buy another one nalang here if needed.

Hope this helps.  :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 07:59 PM »
Hi... yes, you can upgrade your HDD later on if you want. I have a 160gb and plan to upgrade to 500gb soon. Madali lang daw but since I have enough space pa naman, I'm still ok with the 160gb. PS3 US and ASIAN version are the same in terms of games since games are region-free. If US version, it can only read R1 DVDs... if ASIAN version, R3 DVDs. Plus the controls are a little different, the X and O.  It's better to purchase here for the warranty. The package usually comes with one controller only, so you can buy another one nalang here if needed.

Hope this helps.  :)

thanks! sabagay maliit na lang difference d2 na. so prices below unlock/unbricked na yun? and sa controller, i stick with sony original or are any replacement controllers good enough?
toy

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #161 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 11:32 PM »
thanks! sabagay maliit na lang difference d2 na. so prices below unlock/unbricked na yun? and sa controller, i stick with sony original or are any replacement controllers good enough?

Bro, mine is bought in the US and so far i have no problems playing games purchased anywhere.. Kelangan ko lang isa pang controller he he he and pambili nang madaming games..
Walang Setup

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
Bro, mine is bought in the US and so far i have no problems playing games purchased anywhere.. Kelangan ko lang isa pang controller he he he and pambili nang madaming games..

do you need to get it unlocked to play "ehem" games provided by our local tindahan?
toy

Offline abcerase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 04:13 AM »
do you need to get it unlocked to play "ehem" games provided by our local tindahan?

AFAIK, PS3 games are region free...

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 08:11 AM »

Sir, if I may suggest, don't have it unlocked to play "ehem" games... mas maganda kung may online experience plus you can download add-ons with the games (disc-based) you'll purchase. You can go naman for 2nd hand games, marami nagbebenta sa marketplace or some other websites.  :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 08:44 AM »
Sir, if I may suggest, don't have it unlocked to play "ehem" games... mas maganda kung may online experience plus you can download add-ons with the games (disc-based) you'll purchase. You can go naman for 2nd hand games, marami nagbebenta sa marketplace or some other websites.  :)

bro, Noted with thanks. pag kelangan i unlock, de saka na. napurnada Receiver ko mukang ito ang kapalit pauwi ni Misis from US.
toy

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
bro, Noted with thanks. pag kelangan i unlock, de saka na. napurnada Receiver ko mukang ito ang kapalit pauwi ni Misis from US.

Dun na rin kayo magpabili ng extra controller. Mas mura.  :)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 04:13 PM »
here in oz, cheapest price for 160GB console is 290AUD or PhP12800

Offline titopepe

• Collector
  • Liked:
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Dec 03, 2011 at 10:22 PM »
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/4562180/PS3+320gb+Splash+Blue+%5BFresh%5D

mura na ba to?

sa data blitz sir, so far yun nakita ko pinakamura. got 1 for my son last week november
toy

Offline chortboh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 10:59 AM »
just got mine from DB last night(Moa branch).. 160gb for 12,200 (cash). total damage was 15,890. napabili pa kc ako ng nba 2k12 + extra controller..

Offline DonMiguel85

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 11:00 AM »
I wish DB carried the blue one.

Offline chortboh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
yup may blue unit na cla.. 320gb nga lng available for 13k+ (cash).. almost 1k lng difference sa 160gb..

Offline alihug

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #173 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 12:27 PM »
just got the splash blue 160gb at mr. dynamic greenhills for 13,400 (cash price)!

wish it had the urban camo controller bundle! pero same color din lang ang kasama...

Offline bananabond

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 12:43 PM »

sir what the minimum internet speed to be able to play online?

Offline dyak_04

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 01:20 PM »
gud pm po..eh ang fat po b ok lng to play bd? may ngbbenta po b dto ng used s pdvd?tia

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 03:04 PM »
gud pm po..eh ang fat po b ok lng to play bd? may ngbbenta po b dto ng used s pdvd?tia

yup, ok ang fat ps3 sa bd playback. just look for the dual lens model. mayron yta eh.. check niyo lang sa gaming section ng marketplace.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 03:10 PM »
yup, ok ang fat ps3 sa bd playback. just look for the dual lens model. mayron yta eh.. check niyo lang sa gaming section ng marketplace.

Yung PS3 Slim ba dual lens din?

Offline srkid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #178 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 05:16 PM »
Peeps, lahat po ba ng new fat ps3 dual lens na?

Thanks in advance.

Offline widowmaker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 05:26 PM »
PS3 320GB P13,400 Cash / P14,300 Card - I-Tech Glorietta 4