Author Topic: Cignal satellite cable  (Read 920645 times)

Offline burnok123

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #750 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
san ba pwede ma try ang CIGNAL? plan to get 1 kaso need to see muna sana kung malaki difference from CATV to CIGNAL specially local channels...

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #751 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
I don't think there is a very noticable difference between Cignal and (let's say) Destiny. Lalu na on local channels since they are broadcasting in analog. It' not like HD and SD. IMHO yung switch to Cignal mainly for the HD braodcast or becasue you don't have any wired cable in your area.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #752 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 06:41 PM »
they are not advertising their 3 months free if you prepay for a year in their website.

It's in the website na :)

http://cignal.tv/images/12361Promo.jpg

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #753 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 09:02 PM »
san ba pwede ma try ang CIGNAL? plan to get 1 kaso need to see muna sana kung malaki difference from CATV to CIGNAL specially local channels...

you may check the sony displays in sm appliance at MOA, they have some samples in the area as part of their promotion, parang free cignal TV for every purchase of LCD.. cheers..
The Pats way...

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #754 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 02:14 PM »
It's in the website na :)

http://cignal.tv/images/12361Promo.jpg

valid ba ito sa 1290/mo plan?

confirmed: p1290 plan is included in 12+3 promo.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2010 at 08:31 PM by trigo »

Offline chard.ryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 07:57 PM »
Sir,, sa cignal po ba pwede madaming tv na naka on with diff channels? may babayaran ba para ipaganun? thanks po. im planning to change my cable eh. or pag may kilala kayo na pwede ipaganun? willing to pay.

Offline vice

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #756 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 09:47 AM »
My cignal account got activated after 2 days. Nakaka-asar lang kasi when I was applying for my dream account they already asked for my Proof of billing, income, and ID. I even had to send it several times kasi di daw nila nakuha. TAPOS, the same requirements were required by the installer. Eh ano pa yung binigay ko sa dealer!

Chard.ryan : You will have to lease the box from cignal if you want to have a 2nd or 3rd TV. Its 230 a month/box. You will have to buy the splitter from them also for 500.

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 02:08 PM »
My cignal account got activated after 2 days. Nakaka-asar lang kasi when I was applying for my dream account they already asked for my Proof of billing, income, and ID. I even had to send it several times kasi di daw nila nakuha. TAPOS, the same requirements were required by the installer. Eh ano pa yung binigay ko sa dealer!

Chard.ryan : You will have to lease the box from cignal if you want to have a 2nd or 3rd TV. Its 230 a month/box. You will have to buy the splitter from them also for 500.

how's the signal for the 2nd and 3rd box?  am thinking of getting extra box myself.

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #758 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 02:39 PM »
changing the topic a bit...

I had to call customer service a few days ago (inquiry to pay 12 get 3 mos free and a minor billing issue), I was surprised to get connected instantly.  Complete turnaround from my previous experiences of waiting for 20+ minutes before getting connected  :)

Offline darth_rye

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 04:30 PM »
Ours was installed last Oct.21 and until now i still haven't receive our first billing from them. Called them twice already to report the matter and no response whatsoever. They've even ask for my e-mail para dun na lang i-forward wala pa din......GGGRRR #%*!

Offline vice

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 05:29 PM »
how's the signal for the 2nd and 3rd box?  am thinking of getting extra box myself.

Just checked now and hindi pa activated yung 2nd box. Balitaan kita when it gets activated.

Eto na ang dreaded After-sales service ng cignal.

Been calling their hotline the past few days and I am immediately answered by a rep. Kaya lang when I followed up for the activation of the 2nd box, sabi nila, talagang di daw sabay? "EH BAKET?"

Here's the clincher, after giving the STB and card number, sabi endorse nila sa support team. Sabi ko, ano case number.... "Wala daw". In other words, di din nila endorse yun!

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 06:24 PM »
changing the topic a bit...

I had to call customer service a few days ago (inquiry to pay 12 get 3 mos free and a minor billing issue), I was surprised to get connected instantly.  Complete turnaround from my previous experiences of waiting for 20+ minutes before getting connected  :)

i had the same experience, was connected with a call center agent after 4 rings.  keep it up, cignal!

Offline Servus

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #762 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 07:32 PM »
i had the same experience, was connected with a call center agent after 4 rings.  keep it up, cignal!
sana nga maayos na ng cignal ang aftesales nila. i experienced that also last sat evening. pero in my experience parang may mas nangyayari pa kung mag-email ka sa [email protected] kesa tumawag ka sa call center nila.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 08:01 PM »
I got my 2nd box. Signal is fine. :)

Ever since after the Pacquio fight, their customer service HOTLINE is much better. :)

Just checked now and hindi pa activated yung 2nd box. Balitaan kita when it gets activated.

Here's the clincher, after giving the STB and card number, sabi endorse nila sa support team. Sabi ko, ano case number.... "Wala daw". In other words, di din nila endorse yun!
Geez... looks like the "activation" period is still very poor, it's hit or miss.  :-\

Offline vice

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #764 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 04:27 PM »
Hay, after 3 days of enjoying, eto may problema na.

When we got home today, wala daw ma-receive na signal yung STB.

Called their hotline and tried all sorts of fix pero ayaw pa rin. Pupuntahan na lang daw ng support nila.

Wala naman nagalaw sa Satellite and dito sa loob ng bahay. It was working before we left around lunch time. Haay.

Offline mumbaki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 02:52 PM »
Hi.  Any body here who has cignal satellite cable in Makati.  How's the signal? Maayos ba? I'm planning to subscribe. I'm near buendia corner osmeƱa hi way in brgy. pio del pilar and staying in a condominium. tnx.

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #766 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 03:34 PM »
Anybody here who installed Cignal without rewiring the whole inhouse cable? (meaning using existing cables), I dont want to rewire or have unsightly new cables. My house have RG6 however it is being splt to 5 different TV.

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #767 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 04:00 PM »
Question mga masters,

Kung halimbawang lilipat ka ng bahay, kelangan pa ba ng mga tao ng Cignal? Or pede mo ng dalin ung dish tapos ikaw na lang maginstall?

TIA
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #768 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 04:00 PM »
Question mga masters,

Kung halimbawang lilipat ka ng bahay, kelangan pa ba ng mga tao ng Cignal? Or pede mo ng dalin ung dish tapos ikaw na lang maginstall?

TIA

pwede ikaw, basta alam mo yung tutok.. meron sa internet yung specs e..

ang problem mo lang pano billing mo.. ;D

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #769 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 04:05 PM »
pwede ikaw, basta alam mo yung tutok.. meron sa internet yung specs e..

ang problem mo lang pano billing mo.. ;D

Yun lang... :D
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #770 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
Yun lang... :D

pero pwede mo naman sila advice na change address ka.. di ko lang alam kung may "processing fee"

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #771 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM »
Anybody here who installed Cignal without rewiring the whole inhouse cable? (meaning using existing cables), I dont want to rewire or have unsightly new cables. My house have RG6 however it is being splt to 5 different TV.

am sure you can use the existing cable, rg6 is quite low loss naman.  i use my old dream rg6 for my cignal.  you can then get the 2nd/3rd box using your existing cabling pa.

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #772 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Im afraid there are many signal losses bec the wire is splice to different tv.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 07:11 AM »
Ours was installed last Oct.21 and until now i still haven't receive our first billing from them. Called them twice already to report the matter and no response whatsoever. They've even ask for my e-mail para dun na lang i-forward wala pa din......GGGRRR #%*!

ako sir 1yr ma kahit isang billng wala ako narereceive:) panalo dba? Naka ilamg tawag na dn ako.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Lopio

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 05:58 AM »
after 3 months and 3 calls i havent received my first bill.
Denon 1610
PolkAudio TSI 300
PolkAudio CS 20
PolkAudio OWM 3
Velodyne Impact 12
PS 3

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
after 3 months and 3 calls i havent received my first bill.

Hehe I hope they'll do that to me too ;D

Offline jetro

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 02:18 PM »
ako naman e baligtad... naka receive ako ng bill na dapat e hindi.  i've advanced payment until December when my account is still "prepaid" kaya nung i convert sa "postpaid" e dapat i will not receive a bill untill January next year.  I was surprised to receive a bill last month, apparently the billing dept failed to credit my payment from my previous prepaid account to the new postpaid account. 

anyway, na resolve naman agad with a phone call, so now all is good.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #777 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 02:36 PM »
what is the number to call to report a problem with their service?

despite my months of unavailable Cignal service, I am still getting the bills on the dot.

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 03:37 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Im afraid there are many signal losses bec the wire is splice to different tv.

they will provide a booster.  assuming you only use 3 box, then only 3 box will pull signals.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #779 on: Dec 31, 2010 at 02:21 AM »
you may want to try cable signal booster/amplifier instead hindi ka pa tipid sa channel. available sya sa ace/handyman. malaki improvement sa akin.