Author Topic: Cignal satellite cable  (Read 920788 times)

Offline Servus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #1980 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM »
looks like it is the case for the multiple boxes.
that is because they will send a 3rd party contractor if they fail to upgrade their boxes.
letting the subscribers upgrade themselves and giving free PPV rather than sending a personnel will be cheaper.

single box subscribers will have OTA upgrade automatically by the system on the said dates.

i just ordered my 2nd box and it will be installed today. upgraded na kaya ang firmware ng new box? qualified kaya ako sa free PPV? if yes then really good timing for my application.  ;)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2169
« Reply #1981 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM »
i just ordered my 2nd box and it will be installed today. upgraded na kaya ang firmware ng new box? qualified kaya ako sa free PPV? if yes then really good timing for my application.  ;)

Yan din tanong ko. Planning to get additional 2 boxes, upgraded na kaya agad yun plus meron kayang free PPV pacquiao?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline arvee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1982 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 02:26 PM »
Get to watch Pacquiao-Marquez Pay per View with CignalTV for FREE!!!

How? Upgrade your STB Software to the latest version and send your details thru txt.
For more details, wait for your registered mail from Cignal TV.

Sir Pentium,

I'm assuming since I receive my invoices thru email na mag e email din sila ng details about this?

Magkakaroon na ba ng History Channel finally?!

Thanks!

Offline Servus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1983 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 04:19 PM »
my new box was just installed and it has still the old firmware, even older than the july 2012 firmware update. i think i am qualified to avail of the free pacquiao-marquez PPV  8)

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1984 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 09:15 PM »
my new box was just installed and it has still the old firmware, even older than the july 2012 firmware update. i think i am qualified to avail of the free pacquiao-marquez PPV  8)

haha! Nice, wait for the official letter then from cignal on the upgrade before you proceed.
then just follow the text procedure for the free ppv.

@arvee: no details yet on the upcoming channels, I assume new channels possible after complete migration.

Offline Servus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1985 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 05:19 PM »
akala ko naman nag-improve na ang customer service ng cignal, sablay pa rin pala. nag-apply ako ng 2nd box last saturday evening sa hotline nila and emailed the filled up application on the same day. nagulat ako kasi monday morning tinawagan ako ng installer at install na raw nila after lunch. then nainstall nga around 2pm.

next day i called cignal hotline for the activation, ang sabi sa akin di pa raw napapadala nong installer yong mga needed docs at ang activation period daw is 24-48hours. i called the installer and immediately they sent the required docs. then few hours later i called cignal again and they confirmed that they got it and just reviewing it.

after the 48 hours waiting period di pa rin activated but this time may karapatan na ako magdemand. so i called cignal hotline and asked what happened. eto na yong mga palusot na under process pa raw at may conflict sa docs na pinadala ng installer. tinwagan ko ulit ang installer and they confirmed na wala na raw problem sa side nila. since alam kong wala akong mapapala sa kausap ko sa cignal, i asked for escalation and talk to his supervisor. this is what i normally do if i want to get result immediately kahit sa pldt or smart. after talking to the supervisor and got his assurance na he will handle my case, umalis ako ng bahay for 3 hours then pagbalik ko activated na.

sayang ang effort ng territory partners nila in improving their service kasi in the end, isasablay rin lang ng head office. unsatisfied customer pa rin ang result.

eto na ang matindi. when i started watching napansin ko di gumagana yong volume +, - and mute ng remote. pag press mo green ang ilaw (instead na orange, i have pace hd stb). so tumawag ulit ako sa hotline. after almost an hour of troubleshooting/reprogramming (entering some codes) the remote, ganon pa rin. so the guy decided na we need replacement but i need to pay kasi raw walang warranty yong remote control. :o  galing! parang scammer lang. i explained to him na barya lang yong price ng remote pero pag binayaran ko yon magmumukha akong tanga, so prinsipyo ang usapan dito. pero no use he keep insisting their policy na no warranty ang remote.

again wala na naman akong mapapala so i ended up asking for his supervisor again. konting paliwanagan then assurance na he will handle it himself and will call me back. after less than an hour he called me back telling a replacement remote control will be delivered at no extra cost.

i am just sharing it maybe it will help you later in getting result asap with cignal on the resolution of your case.

Offline kenyat1081

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1986 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 09:03 PM »
Sir Pentium

I have a query with regards to Cignal's policy.

I originally signed up with Cignal's Plan 1290. But changes in me and my wife's profession, we now are not able to maximize utilization of their service since our household now only gets to watch TV about 2 times in a week.

A called up the hotline to request for a downgrade to Plan 590 since I can't do a pretermination because it would be too costly. So upon request, the customer service rep processed the request after long persistence on telling me just to finish the 24 mos contract before downgrading the plan (kahit na sinabi ko nga na di namin namamaximize yung service >:( ) but told me that its still pending approval.

After a couple of hours, I received a sms message from Cignal that my request was denied and that I have to finish the lock in period before I can apply for a downgrade despite willingness to pay the downgrade fee.

I was not resolved with the idea of them forcing their client with what would benefit themselves and disregard the concern of their clients.

Last 10/08 I decided to send Cignal an email again questioning their decision, with DTI copy furnished. I immediately got a call from Cignal rep but unfortunately the line was crappy so i asked the rep to just email me.

This was the response I got:

Thank you for taking our call.

We want to discuss to you that we will seek approval of your downgrade request but what we can offer you is one plan lower which 990.

Once granted, your monthly subscription will be P990 and one time charge of P1,000 for the downgrade fee on will reflect on the next bill.

Kindly keep your service request number for your reference: .

We will wait for your response if you’d agree with this option.

Sincerely yours,

Cignal Care

Again, I was being forced to just downgrade to 990 instead of 590 which i was requesting. Also, the downgrade fee as per my first call was 1500 contrary to the reps email which is 1000. Such inconsistency.

I replied back to reiterate my request was 590 and not 990 and never got a response from them again.

Is this really the way Cignal respond to their clients? By the way sir, I am located in Imus nga pala.

Thanks

Patingin tingin

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1987 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 08:09 AM »
@kenyat: I dont work for Cignal but I can provide input based on previous account.

You will not be able to downgrade while still in lock-in period.
pre termination is costly based on the amount on the agreement form.

all other service /utility company does not take into account the non usage of their service by the subscriber on whatever their circumstances (like not being used due to factors out of the service providers control) their agreement is for them to provide the service regardless if the subscriber use it or not.

downgrading one plan lower is I believe the option they offered, but this is not a norm as well. This is the 1st time I learned of such.
you might bargain for a lower plan 590 but they might extend your lock-in period to compensate the monthly plan to the length of lock-in period.

in the end, it is your choice based on options available.

hth

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1988 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 08:50 AM »
My firmware  is still 104, when is the upgrade takes effect?

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1989 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 06:51 PM »
My firmware  is still 104, when is the upgrade takes effect?

Humax HD box?

unplug power supply
re connect after a minute
during intialization, long press CANCEL button on remote until all LED lights up on STB
press 2,4,8,5
it will proceed with upgrade

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #1990 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 07:51 PM »
@ Pentium:

What about Pace STB? What's the procedure?
Columbia

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1991 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 09:21 PM »
@ Pentium:

What about Pace STB? What's the procedure?
unplug power supply
when boot word appears on STB display, press Power and Ch+ button simultaneously until it starts upgrade.
wait until it completes within ~15min.

Offline kenyat1081

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1992 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM »
@kenyat: I dont work for Cignal but I can provide input based on previous account.

You will not be able to downgrade while still in lock-in period.
pre termination is costly based on the amount on the agreement form.

all other service /utility company does not take into account the non usage of their service by the subscriber on whatever their circumstances (like not being used due to factors out of the service providers control) their agreement is for them to provide the service regardless if the subscriber use it or not.

downgrading one plan lower is I believe the option they offered, but this is not a norm as well. This is the 1st time I learned of such.
you might bargain for a lower plan 590 but they might extend your lock-in period to compensate the monthly plan to the length of lock-in period.

in the end, it is your choice based on options available.

hth

Thanks for the input Sir Pentium
Patingin tingin

Offline arvee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1993 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 01:00 PM »
Get to watch Pacquiao-Marquez Pay per View with CignalTV for FREE!!!

How? Upgrade your STB Software to the latest version and send your details thru txt.
For more details, wait for your registered mail from Cignal TV.

Sir, thanks for your response on my first query, however, pano nga yung if I receive my invoices thru email? Mag e email din ba ang Cignal ng details about the upgrade?

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1994 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 06:16 PM »
Humax HD box?

unplug power supply
during intialization, long press CANCEL button on remote until all LED lights up on STB
press 2,4,8,5

Hi Sherwin.  I think this has to be done after October 26?  I tried it kanina.  It triggered the download, and took about 10minutes.  Pero upon power up, version remains the same (v104).

Do you know anyone who has successfully upgraded their Humax HD STB?

Offline Lopio

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1995 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 08:57 PM »
Hi Sherwin.  I think this has to be done after October 26?  I tried it kanina.  It triggered the download, and took about 10minutes.  Pero upon power up, version remains the same (v104).

Do you know anyone who has successfully upgraded their Humax HD STB?

Hi i was able to upgrade my Humax HD STB to v105 but i dont have channel 68 and 101. :(
Denon 1610
PolkAudio TSI 300
PolkAudio CS 20
PolkAudio OWM 3
Velodyne Impact 12
PS 3

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2169
« Reply #1996 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:38 PM »
@ pentium, paki confirm lang, I have 1 humax box... so wala akong kailangang gawing upgrade right? Kse 1 box lang ako. Tama ba?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1997 on: Oct 23, 2012 at 08:09 AM »
@thebat: yes, it will auto update after Oct.26, if you missed it. you can do the manual upgrade posted above.

@lopiio: I had mine upgraded and seems working ok naman.

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1998 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 07:21 AM »
Humax HD box?

unplug power supply
press 2,4,8,5

Clear ko lang, i am already in the point where the 3 led lighted up, do i lift my finger on cancel and press the number one after the other or while pressing cancel,i press the 4 keys at the same time?

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1999 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
sir yun ginawa ko after umilaw yun 3 red LED lift ko na yun finger ko sa cancel tapos press ko uli yun 4 digit number. Ang problema nag trigger lang yun download screen hindi nag tuloy mga 3x ko ginawa ayaw talaga.
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2000 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM »
sir yun ginawa ko after umilaw yun 3 red LED lift ko na yun finger ko sa cancel tapos press ko uli yun 4 digit number. Ang problema nag trigger lang yun download screen hindi nag tuloy mga 3x ko ginawa ayaw talaga.

When you lift your finger on the cancel, sabay ba 4 digits or one after the other?

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2001 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Also one of my unit doesn't have the option to on/off the LNB, its version is e, instead of 104.  Called CSR, it says that this is ok 'daw' and is on.  Anybody has the same dilemna?

The force update ba is after oct 26 2am pa?  force update meaning the manually triggering the update using the cancel and 4 2 8 and 5.

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2002 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
@trigo: once LED lights up, press 2-4-8-5 in that order to activate SW upgrade.

please note: magulo yung SW upgrade notice ni Cignal, ALL STB should do AUTO UPDATE starting Oct 20 for SD and Oct. 26 for HD. Only multiple boxes are being requested to do force update and those not updated by "AU" after their respective update schedule.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2003 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 07:18 AM »
@pentium4

May procedure ka on the text of free pacquiao PPV? I have successfully upgraded my 2 HD boxes one at a time pag bukas ko kaninang madaling araw ung main box ayun nag upgrade na tapos this morning yung second box ayun nag upgrade na din. Done upgrading my two boxes.  >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline johnhw

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2004 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 09:22 AM »
Humax HD box?

unplug power supply
press 2,4,8,5

how about PACE hd sir? can you give us procedures to those who failed to update?

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2005 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 09:26 AM »
am all updated, thanks pentium4.  i forced my last one to update.

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2006 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 09:47 AM »
unplug power supply
when boot word appears on STB display, press Power and Ch+ button simultaneously until it starts upgrade.

how about PACE hd sir? can you give us procedures to those who failed to update?

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2007 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 09:49 AM »
am all updated, thanks pentium4.  i forced my last one to update.
sir paano forced update yun humax ko kasi nag update na tapos yun pace yun Meron problema wala siya signal makuha from main box pero yun main ok naman.

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2008 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM »
All my boxes are updated now, but the text messagesfor the free Pacquiao fight seems to be wrong 391-800-8000

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2009 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
unplug power supply

doing this just resets the STB. holding them simultaneously, the boot word will just appear then 2 lights will appear, then boot will appear again then the lights and so on and so forth. am i doing something wrong?