Author Topic: Cignal satellite cable  (Read 920804 times)

Offline chesizzle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #2760 on: May 24, 2013 at 02:46 PM »
I agree with the earlier suggestion, sir pentium as a supplier of cignal is better positioned to make suggestions to cignal management, especially regarding customer feedback. Having the logo on all the time and on all channels except tv5 channels is overkill in my opinion. yes after a while masasanay ka din but still its the only sat/cable provider that has their logo plastered on the screen all the time and in bright effing red! and besides we are not paying subscription fee to have cignal advertisement on our tv's? seriously anyone who thinks having a logo is better than not having one is either a fanboy or works for cignal...lol just my two cents

Offline Destroben

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2761 on: May 24, 2013 at 08:24 PM »
I really dont mind if there is a logo as long as it is opaque. Kaya minsan di ako nanonood ng fox movies and hbo hd kasi grabe yung logo nila mag iwan ng IR.

Offline skooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2762 on: May 24, 2013 at 08:55 PM »
if your plasma is running for over 500hrs. ala na blema sa IR sir...

Offline zoidar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2763 on: May 24, 2013 at 09:10 PM »
I agree with the earlier suggestion, sir pentium as a supplier of cignal is better positioned to make suggestions to cignal management, especially regarding customer feedback. Having the logo on all the time and on all channels except tv5 channels is overkill in my opinion. yes after a while masasanay ka din but still its the only sat/cable provider that has their logo plastered on the screen all the time and in bright effing red! and besides we are not paying subscription fee to have cignal advertisement on our tv's? seriously anyone who thinks having a logo is better than not having one is either a fanboy or works for cignal...lol just my two cents

Exactly. As customers, we must have full convenience. My previous suggestion can both protect from copyright and be convenient for us consumers. Like this page and share to others. I'll make you admin https://www.facebook.com/removecignallogo

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2764 on: May 24, 2013 at 09:48 PM »
cignal logo is small enuf not to distract your viewing..fox logo and sam other hd channels are annoying..maliit nalang ang matira tv's space mo.. tsk..tsk..lalo na kung 32 inches lang ang tv mo...but cignal's logo is okay lang...

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2765 on: May 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM »
I dont care of the logo on the channels, and some are right, other channel logo are way too big than the cignal logo. like fox hd... kung hindi man malaki, andami naman  like fox premium hd...

sometimes you need to put your foot on other shoes...
if you are the owner who invested Billions in this system... it is not a joke to just let CATV operators to re broadcast your channels of which you are paying for.

if you are a subscriber, you can email [email protected] to get your reco or suggestions be counted.
being a supplier does not add merit to the case, we cannot even rant in behalf of a subscriber.
whenever I call Cignal, I call as a subscriber not as a Dealer or Distributor.

and am not a fanboy either... it so happens that there's no other better DTH alternative.
if there is one, let me know.

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #2766 on: May 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM »
if you are the owner who invested Billions in this system... it is not a joke to just let CATV operators to re broadcast your channels of which you are paying for.

We had an overnight stay @ a small hotel in Oroquita city when we visited Dakak last year and I can't believe the local Catv channel offering. Almost all channels of Cignal (except for FTA) are there. Had to 2nd look if I was using the tv's or stb's remote. And NTC or Cignal can't do anything about that...
Columbia

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2767 on: May 25, 2013 at 09:01 AM »
@pentium

Sir had a problem with my box right now. ung date nya nka set to 01/01/1970. Pano ayusin un? kakauwi ko lang kasi. sabi ng daddy ko last thursday pa daw ganun. wala tuloy nalabas sa channel guide. no information lahat.

Na experience nyo din ba to guys? thanks

Offline echo2knight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #2768 on: May 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM »
@pentium

Sir had a problem with my box right now. ung date nya nka set to 01/01/1970. Pano ayusin un? kakauwi ko lang kasi. sabi ng daddy ko last thursday pa daw ganun. wala tuloy nalabas sa channel guide. no information lahat.

Na experience nyo din ba to guys? thanks

Eto rin experience ko. Simula nang magdagdag sila na channels, it took time (1hr or more) to update the stbs time to current from hard boot.

Btw, I've read from this thread na may update ang stbs. Anyone who can confirm this? Ano na po ba latest firmware ng pace stbs? Mine was from the Sept. 11, 2012, may bago na bang update?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM by echo2knight »

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2769 on: May 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM »
my pace hd stb does automatically update. i dont turn-off or switch to standby when im not watching cable it's my tv that i switch to stanby instead. i just say "hi tv watch cable"(wen im home na) den its there on the screen hehe, to bad walang RF out ang cignal's STB box so dat i cud use my in-built tuner and cud use voice command of my tv to change channel and the tv wud keep track of my watching habit dat wud be kewl but sadly HDMI out lang ang nasa box wat a shame cignal.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM by skooter »

Offline king_lek12

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2770 on: May 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM »
^was it Nov 2012 when they released the latest update?

Regarding the wrong date showing on stb, we also had the same experience. My workaround is to switch first the channel to one of the local channels (ABS-CBN, GMA etc) then few seconds or minutes after, the correct time & date appears on the stb.

Offline Servus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2771 on: May 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM »
for Pace STB not showing the correct time, check Menu-->System Setup-->Installation Setup-->Satellite Setup-->Entry Point = SES7-NE8

Offline razmaTaz

• Trade Count: (+198)
  • Apprentice
  • "Make sure of the more important things."
  • Liked:
« Reply #2772 on: May 27, 2013 at 07:24 AM »
hello po. just wondering if you guys know of any channel showing the French Open right now? thanks!

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2773 on: May 27, 2013 at 09:02 AM »
Eto rin experience ko. Simula nang magdagdag sila na channels, it took time (1hr or more) to update the stbs time to current from hard boot.

Btw, I've read from this thread na may update ang stbs. Anyone who can confirm this? Ano na po ba latest firmware ng pace stbs? Mine was from the Sept. 11, 2012, may bago na bang update?

Yup ganyan nga ung nangyayari sa box ko. Ang tagal mag update ng time coming from hard reboot. Lahat kasi connected sa isang power strip(TV,HT,STB) kaya isang switch lang ang ON/OFF. Tapos kahapon had a problem with Fox Premium Movies HD. Iba ung palabas, though movie channel din cya pro alam ko hndi un FOX premium Movies kasi walang logo, and chineck ko ung schedule sa internet, ang palabas dapat is "Girl with a dragon tattoo" pro si will smith ung palabas. anyway another thing is nung bumalik nan ung fox premium movies I noticed na wala na ung Cignal logo.

Offline echo2knight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2774 on: May 27, 2013 at 03:53 PM »
Guys, ver 106 last Sept 2012 ba ang latest firmware update ng pace stb? Kindly verify naman o.

Many thanks!

Offline zoidar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2775 on: May 27, 2013 at 03:57 PM »
What's better? Pace or Humax?

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2776 on: May 27, 2013 at 04:20 PM »
Humax is phased out already.

SW needs to be corrected. not user friendly when you dont get a signal. it gets out of time synch when you loss signal. they need to tweak the SW code.

Offline empirestate

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2777 on: May 29, 2013 at 03:18 AM »
tanong ko lang kung ok na ba to .. 80% ang signal strengh ko then ung signal quality is 60% ??

:-\

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2778 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 08:20 AM »
Hi,

Had a problem with pace hd remote.

I registered my TV on the pace hd remote, so when you change the modes you can control the STB and the TV. The problem is even though the mode is on STB, when I press the volume rocker the TV is the one responding not the STB. The power button on the remote lights up when you press any key. If its orange its on STB mode, if its green then TV mode. but even if the its on STB mode when I press volume rocker it turns green, the rest of the buttons are lighting the power button as orange.

Now I can't MAX out the STB's volume :(

We all know that the STB has low volume even its max out.

Does any one has the same problem?

Haven't tried contacting out our Installer, cause maybe you guys have a solution to this.

Offline iPhat

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #2779 on: Jun 07, 2013 at 09:57 AM »
NBA Premium HD FTW!!!
"keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Offline zoidar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2780 on: Jun 07, 2013 at 09:39 PM »
Dahil Tag ulan na, nawawala ba yung mga signal ng channels often ngayon? (Please base on experience)

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2781 on: Jun 07, 2013 at 10:23 PM »
fox sports hd does not give us french open, the hell w/dat sports channel mas maganda pa yun ESPN HD ah?.....FOX SPORTS HD?????no euro football league instead you give us beach football? what are u thinking FOX Asia? u really disappoint us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit.. and as for you Cignal i tnk its better u offer or add more HD channels mas marami pa yata HD channels ang sky cable. pareng Cignal, some cignal subcribers like me willing naman bumayad ng additional fee.

Offline king_lek12

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2782 on: Jun 08, 2013 at 11:41 AM »
^And thats why I'm hoping that Cignal will add some more sports channels. Fox Sports don't carry some of the major sports events (French Open, US Open (Tennis), UEFA Champions League etc).

Offline echo2knight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2783 on: Jun 10, 2013 at 08:40 AM »
Dahil Tag ulan na, nawawala ba yung mga signal ng channels often ngayon? (Please base on experience)
Based on experience, cignal loses signal on the following:
-dark and dense clouds;
-within a few minutes of a heavy rainfall.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2784 on: Jun 10, 2013 at 08:43 AM »

Sa experience ko parang wala ako observe na may signal loss.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2785 on: Jun 10, 2013 at 08:45 AM »
Another software upgrade for HD subscribers. I hope this will translate to new HD channels.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2786 on: Jun 10, 2013 at 08:52 AM »
Another software upgrade for HD subscribers. I hope this will translate to new HD channels.

Ayus with added channels sana. Ganda ng mga added na HD channels.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline echo2knight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2787 on: Jun 11, 2013 at 06:55 AM »
Got a SW update for my Pace STBs, its now ver 107, update is dated 17 May 2013. May dapat bang baguhin sa satellite settings?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2788 on: Jun 12, 2013 at 07:26 AM »
NIce Cignal NW: Bulls vs Jazz classic Finals Game 5 while waiting for Finals Game 3 Spurs and Heat.  ;) ;)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2169
« Reply #2789 on: Jun 12, 2013 at 09:19 AM »
How much fee kaya pag pinalipat ok location ng satellite dish?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd