Author Topic: Cignal satellite cable  (Read 920777 times)

Offline brandon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #2820 on: Jun 15, 2013 at 08:06 PM »
Wow, it's been almost 5 years since I last posted in PDVD!
Lots of new members and only a few old timers left and still active.

Im a current subscribed to SkyCabke Plan 280 and planning to switch to Cignal Plan 790,
Skyworth HD STB na pala makukuha ko na unit.  :)
Question lang po:
How's the PQ of SD Channels on 50" and above na screen? pixelated na po ba or blurred?
Sa Sky po kasi ung SD Channels very soft, blurry at iba-iba pa ang audio level ng channels.

Para saan po ba ung LAN Port and USB?
Thanks!

Cignal plan 790 is great (it's actually plan 890 strictly speaking since you have to pay additional P100 monthly for box maintenance).

Before you switch though, make sure you can live with a 3-20 minute signal loss (no signal) during heavy rainfall/thunderstorms that are extended in duration.
(Quite common during the monsoon months of June & July).

Normal moderate rains will not cut off signal and will usually not give you reception problems but thunderstorms and heavy downpour/torrential rains will definitely make you miss about 3-20 minutes of the show you are watching (depending on how long the downpour remains heavy).

As for picture quality, channel 5 looks great on my Aquos (60" LED tv).  Its quality actually exceeds my expectations.  It can sometimes exceed picture quality of Colours HD which is sometimes broadcast on upscaled SD.  In other SD channels, quality is acceptably sharp except for Discovery SD (channel 74) which is horribly soft (reminds me of some youtube videos). 

Most HD channels are very good. Some, in particular, HBO HD, you see noticeable compression artifacts/breakups in fast moving scenes. The rest are generally very good to excellent.

Generally, I have no complaints about Cignal's picture quality (both SD and HD) as they are better than Skycable's.  I think the only disadvantage you really have to consider is the signal loss during heavy rains.  3 minutes to 20 minutes of no signal can matter and can be a huge disappointment if you happen to watch a game or a movie.

Offline Allan_2180

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2821 on: Jun 15, 2013 at 08:32 PM »
Wow, it's been almost 5 years since I last posted in PDVD!
Lots of new members and only a few old timers left and still active.

Cignal plan 790 is great (it's actually plan 890 strictly speaking since you have to pay additional P100 monthly for box maintenance).

Before you switch though, make sure you can live with a 3-20 minute signal loss (no signal) during heavy rainfall/thunderstorms that are extended in duration.
(Quite common during the monsoon months of June & July).

Normal moderate rains will not cut off signal and will usually not give you reception problems but thunderstorms and heavy downpour/torrential rains will definitely make you miss about 3-20 minutes of the show you are watching (depending on how long the downpour remains heavy).

As for picture quality, channel 5 looks great on my Aquos (60" LED tv).  Its quality actually exceeds my expectations.  It can sometimes exceed picture quality of Colours HD which is sometimes broadcast on upscaled SD.  In other SD channels, quality is acceptably sharp except for Discovery SD (channel 74) which is horribly soft (reminds me of some youtube videos). 

Most HD channels are very good. Some, in particular, HBO HD, you see noticeable compression artifacts/breakups in fast moving scenes. The rest are generally very good to excellent.

Generally, I have no complaints about Cignal's picture quality (both SD and HD) as they are better than Skycable's.  I think the only disadvantage you really have to consider is the signal loss during heavy rains.  3 minutes to 20 minutes of no signal can matter and can be a huge disappointment if you happen to watch a game or a movie.

I'm really enlightened on what should I expect with Cignal  :) Will consider that "signal loss" during heavy downpour.
The "sound level" that I've mentioned was Nat Geo SD's sound level, it is very low that I have to crank up the volume and during commercial break when SKY Ads appears, the sound level becomes normal that literally have to jump up and tone down the volume, really annoying.
I'm researching on what does SkyHD (DualDef) would look like on big screen and also thanks for mentioning Discovery SD, I watch these 2 channels more often than other channels and that's my main reason in switching into HD Cable.

Thanks again!

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2013 at 08:38 PM by Allan_2180 »
Panasonic 42ST30
Optoma HD33
PCH-A200
Yamaha Aventage A810
Wharfedale 9.6+9CM+9DFS
US Audio 512D

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2822 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 09:02 AM »
can i use my tv's tuner w/dis lnb out?

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2823 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 09:39 AM »
can i use my tv's tuner w/dis lnb out?
it is not designed for that purpose
LNB out should be connected to the other STB.
it is not recommended, since LNB out has a 12VDC* supply coming from the box

* if I'm not mistaken

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2824 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 01:37 PM »
thx sir P4...

Offline brogger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2825 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 02:40 PM »
Hello Guys, Im trying to understand what benefits I can reap for subscribing to Cignal other than Video/Movies; could anyone graciously 'educate' me if I can do the following;

- Connect the digital box to a HT receiver? would I get the benefit of a surround sound? stereo? - clueless.
- would it be able to resolve the volume level issues in between commercial and programs, (no experience, read about it back reading).
- if can connect to a receiver, would it upscale? and can the movies be converted to 3D? - totally clueless

Advance thanks for the understanding.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2826 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 03:30 PM »
Hello Guys, Im trying to understand what benefits I can reap for subscribing to Cignal other than Video/Movies; could anyone graciously 'educate' me if I can do the following;

- Connect the digital box to a HT receiver? would I get the benefit of a surround sound? stereo? - clueless.
- would it be able to resolve the volume level issues in between commercial and programs, (no experience, read about it back reading).
- if can connect to a receiver, would it upscale? and can the movies be converted to 3D? - totally clueless

Yes you can connect to av reciever with dolby surround basta yung audio nung movie DD din. No upscale even naman mga skycable no upscale. Kung ano resolution ng source un na din. What volume level? For me naman malakas volume ng cignal even di naka reciver. No conversiin to 3D.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline brogger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2827 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 08:15 PM »
Yes you can connect to av reciever with dolby surround basta yung audio nung movie DD din. No upscale even naman mga skycable no upscale. Kung ano resolution ng source un na din. What volume level? For me naman malakas volume ng cignal even di naka reciver. No conversiin to 3D.

Thank you sir :)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #2828 on: Jun 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM »

it's a direct replacement for cable tv subscription ... if you're already subscribed to digital cable tv, the only things that you may need to compare to decide whether to subscribe to cignal or not is the programming and customer service ... one advantage of cignal if you do not have any subscription yet is that you can install it basically anywhere in the Philippines (except if you're living in condominiums) ... disadvantage of cignal is what was mentioned above - if there are heavy rains, you lose connection, and this is true to any other satellite dish subscriptions
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2169
« Reply #2829 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM »
I added 2 additional boxes for my 2 tvs. Individual connection na pala sya and no need to always open the 1st box for signal access of the 2 extensions. Now waiting for the signal after 2 days.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2830 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 01:19 PM »
I added 2 additional boxes for my 2 tvs. Individual connection na pala sya and no need to always open the 1st box for signal access of the 2 extensions. Now waiting for the signal after 2 days.

oi buti naman. eto un isang  concern ko dati Y i choose SKY > Cignal.

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2831 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 03:00 PM »
I wish there is a device where i can plug in my stb then this device will convert the signal from the stb into cable tv signal which i can then plug in to the antenna input of my TV. Not ony will I be able to use my TV's tuner, i can also split this for all the TVs in my house.

As of the moment, we are using an AV sender and receiver device so we can watch Cignal on TV sets that has no STB. The downside is, there is signal loss, HD channels are downgraded to SD and it interferes with our wifi. Range is not good as well. You are also limited to the fact that if someone is watching on the stb where the AV sender is plugged in, you will have to settle for whatever channel is being watched on the STB. Changing the channel on the stb will change the the programs on both TVs.

This is the device that we use. We have two of them. So aside from 3 boxes that we have, we have an additional 2 TVs that has Cignal.

http://answers.dicksmith.com.au/answers/8465-en_au/product/L6028/questions.htm

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2832 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 03:05 PM »
Baka meron sa HMR yan. They carry Dick Smith products. :)
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2833 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 03:11 PM »
Ang dilim ng kalangitan pero wala signal lost as per experience now.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2834 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 03:14 PM »
Yesterday, I only experienced signal loss during the very heavy downpour. Pero nung humina na kahit umuulan pa din okay na. Was able to watch Transformers and the The Vow. :)
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2835 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 03:21 PM »
New channels to SEA H2 and lifetime both by a+e being advertised on History channel. I hope Cignal will carry both soon as well as Bio an CI.

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2836 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 09:43 PM »
Bakit yung Bloomberg channel wala?
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2837 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM »
I have bloomberg on ch 43

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2838 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 09:01 AM »
Yung Bloombergg channel 43 ko kse ever since nakasulat 'This service is blocked (4)'. Sa inyo meron programs napapanuod?
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline iPhat

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #2839 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 09:27 AM »
Living Asia channel bakit nawala?
"keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2840 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 09:51 AM »
Now I know. Yung bloomberg for plan 1590 lang. My plan is 1290.
I called up Cignal on this.

Yung Bloombergg channel 43 ko kse ever since nakasulat 'This service is blocked (4)'. Sa inyo meron programs napapanuod?
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline chesizzle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2841 on: Jun 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM »
ung mga dati nang subsriber pwede narin ba? pano yan naka on ung lnb powering sa lahat ng box?

Offline arvee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2842 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 08:32 AM »
it is not designed for that purpose
LNB out should be connected to the other STB.
it is not recommended, since LNB out has a 12VDC* supply coming from the box

* if I'm not mistaken

Boss pentium4,

Pa help naman po dun sa issue nung kaibigan ko, wala po kasi syang proof of billing kasi yung kuryente at tubig nya, sa lolo nya naka pangalan, eh deads na, pano yun?

Thanks!

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2843 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM »
pm na lang po para hindi OT. thanks

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2844 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 01:47 PM »
Sira ata Cignal reception ko kanina. Kse dun sa NBA channel ng Cignal ko nanalo Heat eh!
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline chinito15

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2845 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 07:58 PM »
Hi po..ask lang po ng help..I did a factory reset because there is no signal or channels, so I did the first installation set up..but I'm stuck on this

14.  Select SES7-NE8 entry point and check signal parameters, then press OK

Ses7-NE8 is defaulted after factory reset, but after I press okay it just shows SIGNAL:0 and there is no other option but to go back.. Anyone had the same problem? your help will be really appreciated, thanks!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2846 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 08:01 PM »
Sira ata Cignal reception ko kanina. Kse dun sa NBA channel ng Cignal ko nanalo Heat eh!

Haha ayus..
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline AlvinladeN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #2847 on: Jun 23, 2013 at 07:37 AM »
Nice! Hindi ako nawalan ng signal nung nagdaang naguulan. Sana ganito lagi

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2848 on: Jun 23, 2013 at 09:33 AM »
worth it ba mag upgrade from 590 to 790?

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2849 on: Jun 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM »
sir may bayad ba mag pa adjust ng receiver? ngayon kasing nag -uulan at minsan malakas yung hangin....nag iba yung reception ko....changed colors and pixelated na.

up to ilang degrees to an extent lang ba siya dapat mawala sa clear reception?

tia
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM by XmetaL »