Author Topic: Multiple DivX/MPEG4 files in a DVD playable by DivX-compliant players?  (Read 999 times)

Offline alibasbas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nowadays, DVD player are cheap (at least the generic ones) and are feature-packed. USB slot and a card reader are standard features of DVD players currently sold including being able to play MPEG4 AVI files. An example for this player is the DVD Player Cinemax (dvd-026) from cd-r king.

Granted, these players are tested to be able to play DivX/MPEG4 files from a USB flash disk or a memory card.

Now, I have lots of MPEG4 DVDrips encoded according to the MPEG-4 ASP standard which can be played by a DivX/MPEG-compliant player (much like the ones created by aXXo). Now, if I create/compile a DVD ISO composing of these MPEG4 AVI files, will the MPEG4 AVI files in this DVD ISO be viewable in such a DVD player? Has anyone tried this and was it successful?

Just to be clear, the DVD is just a standard DVD ISO with .AVI files. If you try to insert it in a DVD drive of a computer, you will just see the .AVI files itself.

FYI, I have my own original DVD disc of these MPEG4 AVI DVDrips.  ;)

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
yeah pwede yan ganyan din ang ginawa ko dati nung wala pa mga mkv.. ngayon di na nadagdagan collection ko ng divx simula ng magka mkv na...

basta iso ha so that the player will read it as data files

Offline alibasbas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I see. Thanks for the info! Di hamak kasi na mas maganda ang DVDrips ko kumpara sa mga DVD compilation sa mga bangketa. Besides, ako mismo ang nagrip. Hassle kasi kung palipat-lipat pa ng files into USB drive or memory card.