Author Topic: UFC thread..where the big boys play...  (Read 295379 times)

Offline dreidrei

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #1740 on: Jun 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM »
goodbye roy nelson! npka lackluster ng laro ni roy as if walang gana. before hus cardio is exceptional di tumitirik agad pero itong last fight first round pa lang gassed na. it could be dahil under prepared din sya! or could it be na tinamad na since lilipat na sya. 

anybody here knows the link of the controversial fight ni john fitch sa wsof? heard that it lasts only 41 sec. and pinasisibak si steve mazzagatti dahil sa fight na ito

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1742 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 02:25 AM »
he should have not let it go... wait until ref told so...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1743 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 04:08 AM »
he should have not let it go... wait until ref told so...
bro tulog na si john...baka mamatay kapag hindi nya binitiwan...ill check the video again
Love me or hate me.....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1744 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 05:00 AM »
bro tulog na si john...baka mamatay kapag hindi nya binitiwan...ill check the video again

hmm... dapat ginawa niya ang ginawa dati ni Stann, iyong tinawag ang atensiyon ng ref to check the condition of his opponent... i dont know... from my point of view... if you're fighting in octagon, huwag na huwag bibitawan ang kalaban dapat...

mas gusto ko pa rin ang ginawa ni Brian Stann...

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1745 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 01:06 PM »
^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxMM77U4o7g

Thanks! Nice fight. The ref was clueless on what was happening, nag tap ata si Fitch, medyo mahina lang, sa left side, kaso yun ref nasa right side, hindi yata napansin. Sore loser si Fitch, hindi man lang nakipagkamay  :-\

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1746 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 01:08 PM »
hmm... dapat ginawa niya ang ginawa dati ni Stann, iyong tinawag ang atensiyon ng ref to check the condition of his opponent... i dont know... from my point of view... if you're fighting in octagon, huwag na huwag bibitawan ang kalaban dapat...

mas gusto ko pa rin ang ginawa ni Brian Stann...
havent you seen john ? Havent you seen his condition after syang bitawan? Kahit si steve and fans dis not know that john was out until bitawan sya the only person who knew he was out was his opponent who was good enough to stop the choke after knowing that john wAs out....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1747 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 01:11 PM »
Thanks! Nice fight. The ref was clueless on what was happening, nag tap ata si Fitch, medyo mahina lang, sa left side, kaso yun ref nasa right side, hindi yata napansin. Sore loser si Fitch, hindi man lang nakipagkamay  :-\
yup it was indeed...steve was not able to react immediately good thing josh stops the choke when he knew that john was out cold...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1748 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 01:33 PM »
havent you seen john ? Havent you seen his condition after syang bitawan? Kahit si steve and fans dis not know that john was out until bitawan sya the only person who knew he was out was his opponent who was good enough to stop the choke after knowing that john wAs out....

from a choke usually it takes about 10 to 20 seconds yata bago matauhan 'yung na-choke, bago bumalik 'yung hangin sa kanya. Usually pag may choke na ganyan, yung refs alert na, magtatanong na dapat sa na choke kung ok pa sya, pag hindi sumagot, taas na nya agad yung kamay ng na choke, pag wala reaction, ayun, ubos na hangin nun. Buti na nga lang sport din si Burkman at hindi personal sa kanya 'yung laban.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2013 at 01:33 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1749 on: Jun 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM »

+1 on this sir raider! this is sport in a martial arts form. martial arts primarily promotes discipline. contrary sa mga nanonood ng ufc who always expects blood and gore in every fight, its not about who punches the hardest its about who has the better technique. UFC was founded to know whose style is much better or practical in real combat. so it doesnt make any sense kung bakit gusto mo pa antayin na ref pa ang magtigil ng laban kung ito naman ang ikamamatay ng isa. :'(

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1750 on: Jun 19, 2013 at 01:20 AM »
+1 on this sir raider! this is sport in a martial arts form. martial arts primarily promotes discipline. contrary sa mga nanonood ng ufc who always expects blood and gore in every fight, its not about who punches the hardest its about who has the better technique. UFC was founded to know whose style is much better or practical in real combat. so it doesnt make any sense kung bakit gusto mo pa antayin na ref pa ang magtigil ng laban kung ito naman ang ikamamatay ng isa. :'(
yup..i consider josh as a great mma fighter when he stops choking an out cold john fitch...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1751 on: Jun 19, 2013 at 03:52 AM »
yup..i consider josh as a great mma fighter when he stops choking an out cold john fitch...

a fighter with a heart maybe... but not a great mma fighter... a great mma fighter will never loose his/her grip/choke until the opponent taps or ref told so... that is my opinion... and if john knew that fitch is out better to call ref's attention... well never know whether fitch (or any opponent) is faking it or not... it's an octagon...

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1752 on: Jun 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM »
a fighter with a heart maybe... but not a great mma fighter... a great mma fighter will never loose his/her grip/choke until the opponent taps or ref told so... that is my opinion... and if john knew that fitch is out better to call ref's attention... well never know whether fitch (or any opponent) is faking it or not... it's an octagon...

Lets say for instance, anderson silva is in the position of josh and he was the one who let go of his choke on...lets say its chaels head before steve mazagatti told him so. Would it make him a lesser fighter? Or would it hurt his position as the pound for pound king? Will this move tarnish his legacy and greatness because maybe just maybe chael would fake it? Sir nobody, and i mean no one in the right frame of mind would fake to be passing out in real combat situation when his opponent is really trying it hard to crank on his neck and trying to take it home. Because if you fake it you will actually stop defending and gritting and this will make your opponent get its hold on you tighter thus making you sleep faster. And before you know it, you are really already in la la land.

We could fake being staggered wih a punch or akick but not to a faint due to a choke. Very risky..and very very stupid.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1753 on: Jun 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM »
Lets say for instance, anderson silva is in the position of josh and he was the one who let go of his choke on...lets say its chaels head before steve mazagatti told him so. Would it make him a lesser fighter? Or would it hurt his position as the pound for pound king? Will this move tarnish his legacy and greatness because maybe just maybe chael would fake it? Sir nobody, and i mean no one in the right frame of mind would fake to be passing out in real combat situation when his opponent is really trying it hard to crank on his neck and trying to take it home. Because if you fake it you will actually stop defending and gritting and this will make your opponent get its hold on you tighter thus making you sleep faster. And before you know it, you are really already in la la land.

We could fake being staggered wih a punch or akick but not to a faint due to a choke. Very risky..and very very stupid.

you have a point sir... i agree...

pero AFAIK... wala akong matandaan na nagbitiw ng grip si anderson silva unless kung walang tapping ng kalaban o ref's decision... and i think lesson no. 1 that every cage fighter must learn/remember is never stop unless opponent taps or when ref's stop the fight.

my point here is we must never take lightly of our opponent... huwag na huwag bibitawan ang grip unless opponent tap or by ref's intervention... in this case josh vs fitch... josh should call the ref's attention if he feels his opponent passed out... katulad ng ginawa ni brian stann as an example...

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1754 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 03:37 PM »
Maganda pala laban this Sunday, UFC 162

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1755 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:20 PM »
Sana manalo munoz

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2013 at 07:21 PM by frootloops »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1757 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 04:57 PM »
^Wow, go Mark!

Been watching "Fight Master", Bellator's version of TUF. It has a pretty interesting format, some interesting fighters (Cristiano Souza, AJ "The Pinoy Punisher" Matthews) and some corny reality-TV style editing. I think I'll continue to watch it to get my MMA fix, unless it starts to really suck...

Prediction: Silva TKO's Weidman early in Round 2.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1758 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 05:55 PM »
^ Sana nga manalo si Spider Silva para may Super Fight sya sa November against GSP or Bones Jones  :)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1759 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 04:38 PM »
UFC 162 Weigh In Results (Main Card):

Anderson Silva (184) vs. Chris Weidman (185)

Frankie Edgar (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (144)

Roger Gracie (186) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)

Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Mark Munoz (185)

May mga malakas ang kutob na ma u-upset daw ni Weidman si Spider, may kasamahan nga ako na pumusta kay Weidman. Pinatulan ko na.  :)

Offline +TRENDSETTER+

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Collector
  • JESUS LOVES YOU! :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #1760 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 11:26 PM »
^ Sana nga manalo si Spider Silva para may Super Fight sya sa November against GSP or Bones Jones  :)

Seryoso?!? Sana nga manalo siya... Can't wait to see Jones & Silva na maglaban... Diskarte sa diskarte! Ayos!!!:)
SAVED BY GRACE

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1761 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 11:40 PM »
sa wakas mapapanood ko to....yahooo

im rooting for weidman as well... hope he wrestle silva...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline hotrod

• Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1762 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 12:42 PM »

Wow. We have a new UFC Middleweight Champion.  Chris Weidman KOS Anderson Silva in Round 2.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1763 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 01:09 PM »
hahahaha! yan ang napapala ng mga mayayabang! idol ko si silva but he was just too cocky it was ugly and unprofessional.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1764 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 01:14 PM »
hahahaha! yan ang napapala ng mga mayayabang! idol ko si silva but he was just too cocky it was ugly and unprofessional.

nasobra sa yabang si Silva akala nya puro take down lang si Weidman, pero ok naman sya nung na interview, nawala na yung cockiness nya

sana pwede rematch kay Mark Munoz ganda din ng laro nya kanina
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1765 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 01:17 PM »
even if silva said he does not want a rematch, the fact that he held the belt for 7 years im sure dana will create a rematch and once silva is serious there is no way weidman will win.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1766 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 01:25 PM »
Upset nga  :'(

Nasobrahan sa yabang si Spider. Pero doon sa interview nya, tinanong kung gusto nya ng rematch kay Weidman, ambilis ng sagot ni Silva, '"No" daw, ayaw nya na daw lumaban para sa belt. Before the fight pinapipili sya ni Dana White kung sino gusto nya kalabanin pag natalo nya si Weidman or rematch ang offer ni Dana kung manalo naman si Weidman. Tapos nag thank you na sya sa UFC, parang pagod na daw sya sa pag depensa ng belt. I don't know, pero binenta kaya ni Silva yun laban?

Kung nag seryoso si Silva parang lamang sya sa speed. Actually nagmukhang mabagal si Weidman sa kanya, until over na sa kayabangan si Silva.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1767 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 01:34 PM »
Silva era is finish...
Congratzie....chris
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1768 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 02:06 PM »
Upset nga  :'(

Nasobrahan sa yabang si Spider. Pero doon sa interview nya, tinanong kung gusto nya ng rematch kay Weidman, ambilis ng sagot ni Silva, '"No" daw, ayaw nya na daw lumaban para sa belt. Before the fight pinapipili sya ni Dana White kung sino gusto nya kalabanin pag natalo nya si Weidman or rematch ang offer ni Dana kung manalo naman si Weidman. Tapos nag thank you na sya sa UFC, parang pagod na daw sya sa pag depensa ng belt. I don't know, pero binenta kaya ni Silva yun laban?

Kung nag seryoso si Silva parang lamang sya sa speed. Actually nagmukhang mabagal si Weidman sa kanya, until over na sa kayabangan si Silva.

kung nag seryoso si Silva mukhang kayang kaya nya si Weidman, yung mga sipa ni Silva nararamdamn na ni Wiedman eh, just the same a win is a win, Mark Munoz na lang
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1769 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 02:27 PM »
kung nag seryoso si Silva mukhang kayang kaya nya si Weidman, yung mga sipa ni Silva nararamdamn na ni Wiedman eh, just the same a win is a win, Mark Munoz na lang

I just don't know why Silva acted that way towards Weidman. Hindi naman sya na badmouth ni Weidman, gaya ng sinasabi nya dati na ginawa sa kanya ni Maia. Noong nilabanan naman nya si Chael, 'yun puro thrash talk ginawa sa kanya nun, pero sineryoso nya ang laban. Alam naman natin kung taunting lang, sandali lang gagawin, pero mukhang buong laban kung umabot ng round 5, ganun pa din ang gagawin ni Silva. Saka na warningan na si Silva dati ni Dana sa ginawa nya kay Maia tapos uulitin nanaman nya. Di kaya may contract dispute din si Silva sa UFC?

Well, kagaya nga ng nakalagay sa T-shirt nya "(only) Silva Knows"   ::)

I almost forgot, oo nga pala, nanalo nga pala si Mark Munoz, congrats kabayan "kaya natin 'to"  ;D