Author Topic: UFC thread..where the big boys play...  (Read 295354 times)

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
Re: UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #2700 on: May 24, 2015 at 09:53 PM »
Di naman matatalo yan ni DC si Bones. I'm not a Bones fans, but I just don't see DC defeating him
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2701 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:08 PM »
^ Sir, kung hindi mo napanood 'yung laban ni DC at ni Johnson kanina, at kung sakali si Jones ang nakalaban ni Johnson, sino sa tingin mo ang mananalo sa kanila?

For the first time in his career, kanina lang na Knock down si DC, ganun kalakas si Johnson, pero sa laban ni Bones at DC, parang si Cormier was not in serious danger?

I'm not sure kung mananalo si DC kay Bones sa rematch, but I think Cormier has improved, mas ma-utak na kesa dati. I'm also not sure if Bones will be the same fighter if he comes back.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2702 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:20 PM »
Arlovski ftw! Ganda ng laban. Thought belfort would beat weidman. Rockhold na to. 2 malalaking middleweights.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2703 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:26 PM »
Hmm. Siguro sir, Bones padin talaga ako. Bones can find a way on how to win. Plus, on later rounds, may doubt ako sa cardio ni DC. But again, that's just me. DC is a new champ so he still has a lot to prove.. Though malaking factor talaga yun pagdating sa mental resiliency, so sobrang possible talaga na makaapekto siya sa style ni Jones. But without that, I still see Bones the champ at the end of the day. Peace brothers :)

Offline irmscher

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 155
« Reply #2704 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM »
^ Sir, kung hindi mo napanood 'yung laban ni DC at ni Johnson kanina, at kung sakali si Jones ang nakalaban ni Johnson, sino sa tingin mo ang mananalo sa kanila?

For the first time in his career, kanina lang na Knock down si DC, ganun kalakas si Johnson, pero sa laban ni Bones at DC, parang si Cormier was not in serious danger?

I'm not sure kung mananalo si DC kay Bones sa rematch, but I think Cormier has improved, mas ma-utak na kesa dati. I'm also not sure if Bones will be the same fighter if he comes back.

I saw the rumble / dc fight and do think Cormier still gets beaten by Jones easily. Jones has way more tools at his disposal and has a better ability to nullify wrestlers, even of DC's wrestling pedigree as was displayed in their fight. I honestly think Cormier is just too short for the division. Now as for Jones moving up to face Cain at heavyweight (an unlikely scenario now that he's been stripped -- no "superfight" appeal anymore), I think Cain grinds him out easily for a UD.

Gustaffson is still the only guy that can give Jones serious problems at light heavy. Jones' reach advantage and ability to control range to his favor is largely nullified by The Mauler. The only question is how much has each of their games improved after the first fight.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2705 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM »
Oh, so kung Bones vs. Johnson.. Well, Bones can take hard shots, he has a solid chin. With his great grappling and ground game, he can beat Rumble by "pacifying" him. ;)

Offline irmscher

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2706 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:30 PM »
Dafuq was up with Belfort? It's like he gave up as soon as the fight hit the ground. Once he was mounted, there was no attempt to hug and stay close, didn't buck up, didn't attempt to hip escape and at least recover half or full guard. He was just flat on his back, flailing desperately. Very embarrassing for a BJJ blackbelt.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2707 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:33 PM »
^He's old (38 yrs. old is old, right?  >:D) and without his juice, he's too dependent now on his stand up game. E.g. Hendo
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM by prototypeone »

Offline irmscher

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2708 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM »
Oh, so kung Bones vs. Johnson.. Well, Bones can take hard shots, he has a solid chin. With his great grappling and ground game, he can beat Rumble by "pacifying" him. ;)

Rumble would have a puncher's chance, but knowing how the Greg Jackson pupils like to gameplan for the highest winnability percentage (which sometimes equates to boring fights), Jones would probably grind it out with Rumble -- same strategy as what Cormier employed. From a strategy perspective, no point to risk duking it out with someone like Rumble. And Rumble is proven to have a very weak ground game and sub defense so naturally that's where people would like to be with him.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2709 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:45 PM »
DC was great kanina, his main weapon is yung take down skill other than that wala na. yung laban nila ni Jones, hindi siya maka take down, yes he wasn't in danger pero wala rin siyang magawa. if ever mag rematch, sa tingin ko same result lang din. Without Jones, DC could be holding the belt for quite sometime. But I still want him to defend against Gustafsson.

Offline irmscher

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2710 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:45 PM »
^He's old (38 yrs. old is old, right?  >:D) and without his juice, he's too dependent now on his stand up game. E.g. Hendo

One of BJJ's main tenets is having the ability to survive and escape uncomfortable positions, e.g. being mounted. It's not about juice. The juice actually helps with the explosiveness of his standup game. Ground game is all about technique that is drilled day in day out, for several years. Though he trains his ground game with modern BJJ players like Gilbert Durinho, his ground game style is still very rooted in the old school, i.e. pull guard > sweep > submit, which IMO is detrimental in modern MMA. You hear modern MMA coaches like Firas Zahabi always tell his fighters that if they're on their back and there's no available sub, don't waste time and fight to stand back up and reset. So if a fighter doesn't have a true elite level guard like a Demian Maia or Jacare, fight to get to the cage, wall-walk and get up. No point staying in the bottom position if you're not able to mount a solid offense from there. You just end up losing the round. The old school Helio Gracie style of attrition based jiu jitsu has no place in modern MMA, IMHO.

Offline irmscher

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2711 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM »
What's next?

- Rockhold vs. Weidman. That's a great matchup right there. Rooting for Rockhold but still have Weidman at a slight advantage in that matchup.
- Cormier vs. winner of Gustaffson vs. Jones II (if Jones returns to the Octagon)

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2712 on: May 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM »
^I agree with this also sir. Hands down.  ^-^ Hmm.Next in line si Rockhold ba? What do you think of that match-up?

Offline irmscher

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2713 on: May 24, 2015 at 11:04 PM »
^Speed-wise I give the slight advantage to Weidman. Rockhold is a little bit slower and more methodical in setting up his offense, whereas Weidman is the scrappier of the two. If Rockhold can control the distance and fight his pace of fight, I think he has the edge. When it goes to the ground, it's really a matter of who gets top position and whether he gets to keep it. Both have very capable ground games, though there's not a lot of instances where Weidman has showed his bottom game so that's a question mark. Rockhold's top game is very strong.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #2714 on: Jun 04, 2015 at 09:34 PM »
hayop yung mga siko ni Condit sa fight night 67!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2715 on: Jun 05, 2015 at 11:41 PM »
^ kakatapos ko lang panoorin. That was a bloody fight. Grabe nga siko ni NBK pero hindi sumuko si Alves kahit bali na ilong at duguan. Maganda din laban ng co-main event si Lentz at Oliveira.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2716 on: Jun 11, 2015 at 05:21 PM »
Sino ba nakakuha ng bonus para sa Fight of the Night sa UFC Fight Night 68 (Dan Henderson vs Tim Boetsch)? Lahat ng kasama sa main event puro finishes either by KO or submission. Ang hirap pumili kung kaino ibibigay ang bonus. Lupet!  :D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2717 on: Jun 12, 2015 at 02:06 AM »
Sino ba nakakuha ng bonus para sa Fight of the Night sa UFC Fight Night 68 (Dan Henderson vs Tim Boetsch)? Lahat ng kasama sa main event puro finishes either by KO or submission. Ang hirap pumili kung kaino ibibigay ang bonus. Lupet!  :D

how about that mitrione fight? hanep laglag na tapos isang iglap nag tap na si mitrione,kalimutan ko yung name, parang ang bagal pero matindi pala
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2718 on: Jun 13, 2015 at 03:27 PM »
^ Ben Rothwell, Sir. Veteran na din 'yun. I remember him when he fought Andre Arlovski sa Affliction:Banned. Olats sya dun. Pero sa UFC 'yung huling tinalo nya before Mitrione is Alistair Overeem. Tinalo nya din si Brandon Vera.

Bukas naman UFC 188, Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum. 'Yun lang, hindi ko ata mapapanood, nagyaya manood ng Jurassic World junakis ko.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2015 at 03:29 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2719 on: Jun 13, 2015 at 09:44 PM »
^ Ben Rothwell, Sir. Veteran na din 'yun. I remember him when he fought Andre Arlovski sa Affliction:Banned. Olats sya dun. Pero sa UFC 'yung huling tinalo nya before Mitrione is Alistair Overeem. Tinalo nya din si Brandon Vera.

Bukas naman UFC 188, Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum. 'Yun lang, hindi ko ata mapapanood, nagyaya manood ng Jurassic World junakis ko.  ;D
Cain pa din ako, too fast ang agile ang tibay pa

Offline banesto

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2720 on: Jun 13, 2015 at 09:46 PM »
Yes! Cain is my favorite.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2721 on: Jun 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM »
Cain Velasquez (242) vs. Fabricio Werdum (236)
Eddie Alvarez (156) vs. Gilbert Melendez (156)
Kelvin Gastelum (185) vs. Nate Marquardt (184)
Yair Rodriguez (145) vs. Charles Rosa (145)
Angela Hill (115) vs. Tecia Torres (114)

Offline rulesmeister

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2722 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 12:41 PM »
Cain will dominate werdum, I think 1st round lang KO na si werdum

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2723 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM »
Holy crap, Cain was submitted by Werdum. Wow.

Offline rulesmeister

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2724 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:28 PM »
Whew! I was sorely mistaken! Cain wasn't himself, he looked gassed out. Probably due to mexico city's high altitude. Grabe!!!

I've never seen Cain being badly beaten and bruised up. Rematch!
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:30 PM by rulesmeister »

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2725 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:30 PM »
a lot underestimated werdum. they forgot he defeated the emperor fedor before. he has top notch jiu jitsu!

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #2726 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:38 PM »
Cardio-Cain was outclassed - striking, grappling and surprisingly in cardio!  Bad strategy.  Very much impressed on how Werdum's game has significantly evolved.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:57 PM by bejiboys »

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2727 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:49 PM »
Mukhang nawala yung cardio ni Cain kanina. Kung yung si Cain yung same Cardio-freak ang lumaban kanina, I really think that Werdum has no chance of winning. I even watched the third bout nila ni JDS, and kita talaga dun yung monstrosity ni Cain. Kinalawang lang siguro sa tagal na nakatengga.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2728 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 03:18 PM »
Bakit ang bagal ni Cain kanina at parang ang taba at bugat nya?yung too fast and agile na sinasabi ko nawala bigla, werdum was in trouble but Cain just couldnt consumate

Sana werdum vs JDS next

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #2729 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 05:29 PM »
Talagang si Werdum na yan lagi nalang underestimated. Parang nung laban niya kay Fedor. Madaming nagsabi wala siyang chance. Werdum is "doomed" daw tapos bigla nalang na tap out si last emperor.