Author Topic: CinemaTube (Full 1080P HD,UPNP streamer,Torrent downloader,DTS downmix, NAS etc)  (Read 89994 times)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2256
Hope to hear more feedbacks from new owners of this cinematube.
Mukhang eto na lang xmas gift ko sa sarili ko, hehehe...
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks for your very valuable feedback sir czerdyk :D The new firmware that's recently been released should fix the problem of the unit turning on by itself.

A new firmware will be released come december which shall include the following

1) 720p Graphical User Interface
2) File Sharing (Simple NAS)
3) File Copy / Move
4) File Search (non-index)
5) RSS (URL is Opened for Users’ Inputs )
6) Blu-ray ISO Support
7) HDD Formatable for BT feature

my initial impression on CinemaTube...
i haven't had the time to fully play with it yet, i just watched a couple of movies (mostly 720p H.264 MKVs) over the weekend...
  • Loads fast (even with the preview on)
  • Didn't experience any hiccups on the files that i played
  • Can be used with our old dependable CRT TVs, the movie is down-scaled to match the TVs resolution
  • Gets a little hot after a few hours of use
  • Very light
  • I did experience the auto-ON "feature" when i turned it off without going to the Home screen first
  • According to my officemate who also bought 1, TS files that we recorded were played flawlessly
  • Haven't checked the firmware yet but based on their site, it seems to be the September release
  • I tried playing a damaged MKV (I can still play it using KMPlayer by moving the locator after the damage section) but was not able to play it in CT, I even tried the GOTO Time function but to no avail

All-in-all it's still a great piece of hardware, especially for its price ...
Thanks to TripleH-D for bringing it here!!! Good luck guys!!!

Offline spoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I read in avsforum that there is a new firmware out now. It is available only thru online update in the cinema tube.

Offline Skip8

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi! Excuse lang po! I am newbie here and i've been in watch mode for weeks na and when i saw the topic just hang up medyo nanghinayang ako. Anyway plan to shift to DVD HD that's why when i read about Cinematube hanap kagad ako thread dito. Convinced ako sa Cinematube after what i read from here so plan ko na bumili pero wala pa ako makita (specific SM North) then beside sa unit my other problem is what software or DVD ripper ang magandang gamitin i mean yung completo features like convertion to other files, then yung kuha lahat ng laman ng DVD mostly PQ and SQ.

Thanks in advance!

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@sir Skip8 - For the availability of the Cinematube. I will post the list of our dealers here :)

CinemaTube is now available in the following shops

PC Express

Branches:

Gilmore, Alabang Town Center, V-Mall, Market Market, SM Marikina

Accent Micro

Branches:

SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Festival Mall, Park Square, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, SM Sta. Rosa, Alabang Town Center, SM Pampanga, SM Dasmarinas, SM Cebu

PC Live

Branches:

SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Festival Mall, SM Cebu, SM Iloilo

Specialty Stores

Theaterworks
Listen up
Listening Room
Listening in Style
Gadgets In Style
The Home Theatre
Golden Sound
Audioworld
Audible Illusion

More to come....

You can still join the group buy if you want to avail of the promo :)

Offline phase1youth

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
sir triple HD, how much is the cinematube at your dealers?

Offline Skip8

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Sir triple HD thanks sa list. I called Accent Micro next week daw sila magka stock. Again ty!
Sir how bout ripper can you give me some advice!

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
The SRP for the Cinematube should not exceed 6500 :)

sir triple HD, how much is the cinematube at your dealers?

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
No problem sir! just tell me kung san location ka para i can refer you the nearest place where you can get a Cinemtube as we have new dealers already. Hindi ko palang na update dito ;D will PM you on this
Sir triple HD thanks sa list. I called Accent Micro next week daw sila magka stock. Again ty!
Sir how bout ripper can you give me some advice!

Offline kuplet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi all! Interested in buying a Cinematube, whats the promo and how do I join the group?

@sir Skip8 - For the availability of the Cinematube. I will post the list of our dealers here :)

CinemaTube is now available in the following shops

PC Express

Branches:

Gilmore, Alabang Town Center, V-Mall, Market Market, SM Marikina

Accent Micro

Branches:

SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Festival Mall, Park Square, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, SM Sta. Rosa, Alabang Town Center, SM Pampanga, SM Dasmarinas, SM Cebu

PC Live

Branches:

SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Festival Mall, SM Cebu, SM Iloilo

Specialty Stores

Theaterworks
Listen up
Listening Room
Listening in Style
Gadgets In Style
The Home Theatre
Golden Sound
Audioworld
Audible Illusion

More to come....

You can still join the group buy if you want to avail of the promo :)

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2009 at 12:23 AM by kuplet »

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Just updated to the latest firmware. Having problems accessing shares on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Tried this fix but it didn't work:

http://briteview.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/having-issues-getting-cinematube-and-windows-7-to-work-try-this/

In any case, I'm looking to test this next on the raw TS file of the Victoria's Secret 2009 Fashion Show. ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2009 at 03:32 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
The CinemaTube is now also available in these stores

EYO Sales and Technologies

Address:
3rd Floor, V-Mall, Ortigas Avenue,
San Juan City

The Electronic Boutique
Branches:

Park Square 1, Market Market, Robinson’s Galleria, Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall, Sta. Lucia East, Shangri-La Plaza, Robinson’s Manila, Eastwood Cybermall, Robinson’s Metro East

Microstation
Branches:

Robinson’s Galleria, V-mall, SM North Edsa Cyberzone

For more details, you can visit our site at www.digilivingph.com

We're featured in the December issue of FHM and also
http://www.fhm.com.ph/entertainment/gadgets/article/1922 8)
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2009 at 07:18 PM by TRIPLE H-D »

Offline Killerant

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi mga sir noob po ako sa HDs... May tanong lang po ako, kasi nung ginamit ko ung binili kong cinematube (bought it yesterday) grainy yung ibang files ko especially ung 300 ang tindi ng grains nya... Pano po kaya to maaayos? Dahil kaya to sa HDMI cable ko? saka pagnagplay na ko ng movie galing dun sa screen with preview nya merong sound na parang 'tick' na parang nasira yung speaker.. Once lang naman yung sound pero parang hindi kasi yun normal... Sana po masagot ng mga may cinematube na especially sir triple HD... Thanks! :D

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Hi mga sir noob po ako sa HDs... May tanong lang po ako, kasi nung ginamit ko ung binili kong cinematube (bought it yesterday) grainy yung ibang files ko especially ung 300 ang tindi ng grains nya... Pano po kaya to maaayos? Dahil kaya to sa HDMI cable ko? saka pagnagplay na ko ng movie galing dun sa screen with preview nya merong sound na parang 'tick' na parang nasira yung speaker.. Once lang naman yung sound pero parang hindi kasi yun normal... Sana po masagot ng mga may cinematube na especially sir triple HD... Thanks! :D

I believe its the source that makes it grainy...not the player.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@sir killerant - Hi sir, can you give me the details of your "300" movie file? There is a possibility that maybe the file itself is not high quality therefore "garbage in, garbage out", maybe its the file format itself. It would be better if you give me more details on it so that i can help you on this. btw, sa "300" na movie lang b cya nangyari? or even on other files?

About the "tick" sound, haven't encountered it personally yet, this would be the first time na me problem na ganun. In any case, do update me if this happens often so that i can forward your concern. thanks sir ;D

BTW, CinemaTube was featured today on the Manila Bulletin ;D

Offline Killerant

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
@tripleHD

Thanks for replying sir! Bale yung 300 mkv na 720p.. Pasabi na lang kung may iba pa kayong detail na kailangan about dun sa file pasencya na noob po talaga eheh.. Saka hindi lang siya sa 300 nangyayari meron din sa ibang files although mild lang sila pero parang sayang kasi ang linaw nya kaso may mga grains.. And about the 'tick' sound, it happens almost all the time whenever I start a movie from the screen with the preview... Thanks ulet sir..

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@sir Killerant - May i know where did you get the unit? For the file, have you tried updating to the latest firmware? I suggest updating the firmware first, if the problem persist. Then maybe we could bring another unit to you so that we could check whether its the file that has problem or the unit. Pag unit me problema, we'll have it replaced 8)

@tripleHD

Thanks for replying sir! Bale yung 300 mkv na 720p.. Pasabi na lang kung may iba pa kayong detail na kailangan about dun sa file pasencya na noob po talaga eheh.. Saka hindi lang siya sa 300 nangyayari meron din sa ibang files although mild lang sila pero parang sayang kasi ang linaw nya kaso may mga grains.. And about the 'tick' sound, it happens almost all the time whenever I start a movie from the screen with the preview... Thanks ulet sir..

Offline kuplet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
what are the compatible usb wifi dongles for cinematube? How do you hook it up with 5.1 audio setup?  ???

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
what are the compatible usb wifi dongles for cinematube?

Just tried out a 580 peso Wifi-N usb dongle from CD-R King...

AND IT WORKS!!

Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps), i tried installing it on a desktop and realized that it was using a Realtek-based chipset.  Tried it on the Tube and it got detected immediately.  Was able to connect to my N-router using WPA.

Be wary as there is a wireless dongle that looks exactly like it but is actually a different and slower type.

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@ verbl Kint - Thanks for the tip sir!  ;D
Just tried out a 580 peso Wifi-N usb dongle from CD-R King...

AND IT WORKS!!

Item code is LP-8697 (WiFi N, 300Mbps), i tried installing it on a desktop and realized that it was using a Realtek-based chipset.  Tried it on the Tube and it got detected immediately.  Was able to connect to my N-router using WPA.

Be wary as there is a wireless dongle that looks exactly like it but is actually a different and slower type.

Offline kuplet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I noticed something really odd with my Cinematube, after turning it on - after selecting from the menu it would constantly restart itself. It has been happening for the past hour. Anyone else experience this problem?

Offline Arnel E.

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I noticed something really odd with my Cinematube, after turning it on - after selecting from the menu it would constantly restart itself. It has been happening for the past hour. Anyone else experience this problem?

Hindi ba umiinit sobra yung unit?  Pero I doubt lalo na ngayon malamig naman ang panahon.  Kasi it's basically a "computer", kaya ko na-suspect ang overheating.  Otherwise, it might be a bug in the recent firmware?
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline PajHERoY

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
guys i'd like to hear some feedback on the ability of the cinematube to download directly from the internet. thanks!

Offline kuplet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hindi ba umiinit sobra yung unit?  Pero I doubt lalo na ngayon malamig naman ang panahon.  Kasi it's basically a "computer", kaya ko na-suspect ang overheating.  Otherwise, it might be a bug in the recent firmware?

Well I don't think its from the heat since it has also happened when I turn it on in the morning. I don't leave it running overnight. As to the firmware, the Tube says its "updated" whenever I try to access the software update button.

I'll try it again later and see what happens.

Offline Gemini22

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
My Cinema Tube's firmware was upgraded to IPB1009C241 this afternoon.  The interface looks better now, but I'm still having problems making it work with Windows 7 and Video streaming via LAN just stops after a minute.

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
any of the stores offer this player for deferred payment?

Offline TRIPLE H-D

• Collector
  • game on!
  • Liked:
@jepoi - try accent micro ;D

Cinematube has just released it latest firmware with the new changes

1. Supported file copy/move
2. Supported file search
3. Supported file sharing(Simple NAS)
4. Supported playback Blu-ray ISO file.
5. Improved HDMI compatibility with SONY Wxxx series.
6. Solved playback DVD file crash issue.
7. Added new high definition UI.
8. Improved network connecting compatibility.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Can it also play the menus or just the video?

Interesting. I'll hold my breath though and wait for feedback.  :)

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:

1. Supported file copy/move
2. Supported file search
3. Supported file sharing(Simple NAS)
5. Improved HDMI compatibility with SONY Wxxx series.
6. Solved playback DVD file crash issue.

Went to Accent Micro and Microstation (both in SM Cyberzone North Edsa), they have no idea what a CinemaTube is.   :( :( :(